Remember When…

Options
KerJuice
KerJuice Member Posts: 1,851
edited September 2022 in General Discussions

Let’s play “Remember When…” We’ll pick one aspect of the game that we were able to do in previous builds of the game, but can no longer do. Shoot for the mechanics that would seem crazy to new or fairly new players for being implemented. For the vets, this will be pure nostalgia and hopefully bring some smiles.

I’ll start: I remember when survivors got to keep their add-ons when escaping! Looking back at the time, that seemed like it wasn’t a big deal, but now it’s like wow- that was really unfair to killers who lost theirs after every match.

Comments

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,096
    Options

You used to be able to see through the high wall tiles on Coldwind. There was space in between the wood boards. None of the jungle gym tiles were mindgame-able.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

If I had to pick something I actually miss it would be remembering when Hawkins was available as a map. I liked Hawkins, it was a fun map to play on as killer. 🙂 It had a ton of pallets but they were almost all gameable so it worked out.

On the flip side, of things I don’t miss, I also remember when keys could open the hatch early and let multiple survivors out with a single key use. Totally broken and I don’t miss those old keys at all.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,651
    Options

Remember when L-T walls had pallets?

• WipeIncGamingYT
    WipeIncGamingYT Member Posts: 171
    Options

I remember when No One Escapes Death was really great. No totem perk, not timed.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,531
    Options

I wasn’t around back then. It still baffles me. 4 survs with BNPs pretty much meant there was only 1 gen to do and survs even had the power over which so not even a 3-gen.

wild.

• Rulebreaker
    Rulebreaker Member Posts: 1,590
    Options

I miss my jump-scare Freddy. Iridescent paintbrush plus monitor.

Unlimited vision of sleeping survivors, plus nil heartbeat = very confused survivors

• AcelynnBen
    AcelynnBen Member Posts: 1,012
    Options

I remember when everyone wasn't tryharding and people actually had fun

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,280
    Options

I remember when FL saves and pallet saves didnt require a specific timing

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,613
    Options

Remember when Breakdown was bugged and permanently destroyed hooks?

I had a killer give me hatch one time because I was the only survivor in the match not using the perk.

• brewingtea
    brewingtea Member Posts: 208
    Options

I remember when the number of kills in a perfectly balanced game was an integer.

• Ricardo170373
    Ricardo170373 Member Posts: 632
    Options

Remember when this game had magic, interesting, dark and no pressure feeelings. Maps were dark, people had fear of killer, nobody doesnt care to much about die, when our concern was find ruin for end that skill check. Today every match seems like a championship.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,253
    Options

I remember hillbilly used to not lose their charge instantly from being stunned up until update 4.1.1 (or 4.1.2) instead it would decrease at the set rate and you could hold m2 again to use the residual charge (it also benefited from enduring and bubba got it for that one small window since they copied his charge to be billys charge)

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,280
    Options

Yeah it didnt last very long since the patch also had a very serious bug where the TR was all whack.

Ah good times..

• HPhoenix
    HPhoenix Member Posts: 568
    Options

I remember the times I used to yoink survivors form gens with old prayer beads.

• Silasy
    Silasy Member Posts: 228
    Options

Remember when Billy and Freddy used to be good.

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077
    Options

I remember when you couldn't pick people up from multiple spots on most maps, and survivors would just run there and force you to camp slug them.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,289
    Options

I remember how nice Haddonfield and good old blue tint MacMillan looked with a brightest moonlight offering 😔

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,808
    Options

I would say 2-3 of my top 5 most grueling killer games were during that, against teams running No Mither.

Brutal.

• EQWashu
    EQWashu Member, Mod Posts: 4,724
    Options

I loved those, and the images of the offerings as well!

Well, there was that one time I didn't like them... when my friends and I were all doing a Kill Your Friends Lobby, and I was playing (a very green and potato) Nurse, and all 4 of my friends playing survivor burned New Moon Bouquets (darkest moonlight) and we got put on MacMillian... we all had fun that match, including myself, but I struggled to see anyone. But when I did catch them, I used my match offering, an Ebony Mori, back when you could mori on the first down :3

I also admit, I prefer the ability of Killer closing the hatch, I miss the hatch grabs, as I never got to grab a survivor trying to escape through hatch; I was always either a second too soon or too late. At least the last match before EGC came along, I got a 15 second hatch standoff with Leatherface. I gave him my medkit, he nodded, and when I tried to jump in he grabbed me and put me on a hook literally two steps away from the hatch! I had to laugh, the tone of the whole standoff was more comedic than anything, and the Killer and I had a nice post game ggs/chat afterward <3

• Pukenplag
    Pukenplag Member Posts: 1,454
    edited September 2022
    Options

I've played myself for 100+hrs during Howling Grounds, but that update was so short I didn't even know about it and it still baffles me to think it existed.

• My_Aespa
    My_Aespa Member Posts: 545
    Options

I also prefer that the killer can close hatch, I do kind of miss when they could pull you out of the hatch though, added some tension to the situation. It was hilarious though when the killer would camp the hatch or the trapper would trap all around it. 🤣 He grabbed you after you gave him a medkit offering?? Shame on him...

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Options

I remember when you could instantly heal in a chase with the Red Syringe and Styptic Agent.

• EQWashu
    EQWashu Member, Mod Posts: 4,724
    Options

Yeah, the surprise of just being grabbed right before escaping definitely had that feel of a horror movie to it, especially the audio sting and grab animation; but there are also no long hatch standoffs in horror movies (maybe in a director's cut of something? lol), and I definitely feel EGC was a good addition to both sides to progress the game.

He did! I wish I had recorded it, because the flow of events were too funny, when he grabbed me and barely moved to put me on a hook, I couldn't be mad at all, just cackling in my Discord mic. After I said "ggs <3 omg that hatch grab and immediate hatch grab was hilarious", I said something like "Sir, I'll have you know that medkit I offered you has been in my family for generations! lol" and after he "gg lol" said "Neat...and now its mine :) " and I was laughing again 🤣

• Tubby_Squirrel
    Tubby_Squirrel Member Posts: 244
    Options

Remember when you could put Monitor and Abuse on Slinger and shoot people from outside your terror radius?~

• Gravewalker200
    Gravewalker200 Member Posts: 451
    Options

Splinter offerings....those things carried my broke self when i first game shared the game from my friend on playstation. Playing as licensed killers to get a taste of power. feels like so long ago