Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.

PC - cannot control killer after swapping back to Charlotte

ThiccEarth
ThiccEarth Member Posts: 6
edited December 2022 in Bug Reporting

Step 1 : Boot the game

Step 2 : Play as Twins in a public match

Step 3 : Down and hook Survivor only using Charlotte

Step 4 : Unleash Viktor for the first time that match

Step 5 : Jump onto healthy survivor

Step 6 : When the game swapped me back to Charlotte, my POV was still looking downwards, like when Charlotte is in her "sleeping" mode.

I could see my HUD, but I couldn't see or hear my weapon. I could still get a speed boost from using strong attacks, but I don't know if they could damage survivors.

Step 7 : I'm 99% sure that I recalled Viktor, and the survivor didn't smash him.

Step 8 : I tried to unleash Viktor to fix the glitch.

After I did that, I watched Viktor land in front of me, but I couldn't control him or Charlotte, and I couldn't change my controls back to Charlotte. I could still see my HUD (this is relevant because you shouldn't be able to see your HUD IF you're controlling Viktor, which I wasn't). I had to wait for the survivors to end the match.

Additional information

• Character played: Twins
  • Perks played: Barbecue & Chili, Pain Resonance, Gift of Pain, Dead Man's Switch
  • Map: Coal Tower
  • Frequency of the issue: Only happened once, but I've only played about 3 matches of The Twins
  • I'm unable to add screenshots, but I have two, in both of which I'm forced to look down (the way I was stuck for the remainder of the match). In one, I'm able to recall Viktor, which I did, and in the other, I'm stuck, unable to do anything.

Post edited by Mandy on
1 votes

Duplicate · Last Updated

https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/kb/articles/299-kill-switch-master-list This is a known issue, already listed.

Comments

• Ronsone
    Ronsone Member Posts: 216

I have this issue anytime, but I'm trying them in custom matches only for to find a way to avoid it. One day in a public match and it happened too. Sometimes it happens much more of the others and I don't know why. 🤦‍♂️

• ThiccEarth
    ThiccEarth Member Posts: 6

The user "Lynxi" (who you can find on twitch/youtube/twitter) has played over 100 Twins games since the release date of The Knight, but she hasn't had the glitch happen once; so, she did a poll and found out that it's caused by having a bad CPU or running a lot of CPU intensive apps on your PC while playing. Make sure you close out of all other apps, especially web browsers, while playing The Twins.

• Ronsone
    Ronsone Member Posts: 216

I follow her Twitch stream and her closed post on this issue plus her video on Twitter. Unfortunately, this bug is on console too. I have all my app and browser closed when I play them, but I have an old PC, so maybe it's that the issue. 👍

This discussion has been closed.