Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.
We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

PC - cannot control killer after swapping back to Charlotte

ThiccEarth
ThiccEarth Member Posts: 6
edited December 2022 in Bug Reporting

Step 1 : Boot the game

Step 2 : Play as Twins in a public match

Step 3 : Down and hook Survivor only using Charlotte

Step 4 : Unleash Viktor for the first time that match

Step 5 : Jump onto healthy survivor

Step 6 : When the game swapped me back to Charlotte, my POV was still looking downwards, like when Charlotte is in her "sleeping" mode.

I could see my HUD, but I couldn't see or hear my weapon. I could still get a speed boost from using strong attacks, but I don't know if they could damage survivors.

Step 7 : I'm 99% sure that I recalled Viktor, and the survivor didn't smash him.

Step 8 : I tried to unleash Viktor to fix the glitch.

After I did that, I watched Viktor land in front of me, but I couldn't control him or Charlotte, and I couldn't change my controls back to Charlotte. I could still see my HUD (this is relevant because you shouldn't be able to see your HUD IF you're controlling Viktor, which I wasn't). I had to wait for the survivors to end the match.

Additional information

• Character played: Twins
  • Perks played: Barbecue & Chili, Pain Resonance, Gift of Pain, Dead Man's Switch
  • Map: Coal Tower
  • Frequency of the issue: Only happened once, but I've only played about 3 matches of The Twins
  • I'm unable to add screenshots, but I have two, in both of which I'm forced to look down (the way I was stuck for the remainder of the match). In one, I'm able to recall Viktor, which I did, and in the other, I'm stuck, unable to do anything.

Post edited by Mandy on
1 votes

Duplicate · Last Updated

https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/kb/articles/299-kill-switch-master-list This is a known issue, already listed.

Comments

• Ronsone
    Ronsone Member Posts: 216

I have this issue anytime, but I'm trying them in custom matches only for to find a way to avoid it. One day in a public match and it happened too. Sometimes it happens much more of the others and I don't know why. 🤦‍♂️

• ThiccEarth
    ThiccEarth Member Posts: 6

The user "Lynxi" (who you can find on twitch/youtube/twitter) has played over 100 Twins games since the release date of The Knight, but she hasn't had the glitch happen once; so, she did a poll and found out that it's caused by having a bad CPU or running a lot of CPU intensive apps on your PC while playing. Make sure you close out of all other apps, especially web browsers, while playing The Twins.

• Ronsone
    Ronsone Member Posts: 216

I follow her Twitch stream and her closed post on this issue plus her video on Twitter. Unfortunately, this bug is on console too. I have all my app and browser closed when I play them, but I have an old PC, so maybe it's that the issue. 👍

This discussion has been closed.