Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Just give us casual and ranked modes to stop people complaining

HoodedWildKard
HoodedWildKard Member Posts: 2,013
edited December 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

Seen and participated in a lot of threads over the past few days arguing whether the game is killer or survivor sided.

A lot of it comes down to the build you take in. If I sweat with my best killer builds I'll pretty much always be able to get a 4k. But I don't want to do that all the time.

Sometimes I'd like to muck around with weaker killers and not have to compete with survivors running commodius BNPs, dead hard triggers every time. Not having to run the same perks every game, not having to tunnel or face camp to secure kills.

For crying out loud why can't we get separate ranked and casual playlists? Keep the current system for ranked, maybe ramp up the BP rewards for ranks give specific rewards and skins for it, make winning appealing in that playlist. And make another play list explicity for casual play. Perhaps with a reward or mmr system based an upvote system like overwatch.

Players with more "upvotes" get matched together. Upvoted players get BP rewards and/or special cosmetics too.

Allows the competitive scene to thrive without ruining the fun for casual and newer players.

Comments

• Halloulle
    Halloulle Member Posts: 1,282
    edited December 2022

In theory I like the idea; let the sweatlords sweat together and let everyone else have fun in peace.

But. How would you stop the sweatlords from sweating in casual?

The only two points I can think of are the lesser rewards and it getting boring after a while. Both points aren't exactly strong. Many people don't even care about rewards, even less care beyond the point of them getting what they want (esp. cosmetics; sweat your butt off until you get the item you want, then go chill and stomp in casual again). And while a majority will find stomping all the time rather boring sooner or later, there are people who will have to suffer them in the mean time - not to mention that there are those who will never get bored of it.

The only way I can see a casual mode work is if a lot of control is taken away from the players. If e.g. perks are largely randomised or the most common 10 perks are always blacklisted or whatnot. So that you are left with the stuff that makes it very hard to sweat to begin with.

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,140

I'd usually say that people who'll want to sweat and get easy wins would come haunt the casual mode, but if the rewards for ranked are sufficient (like you're offering) I guess that shouldn't be too much of a problem !

I'm not sure about the upvote system for the casual mode though : people just don't have the same scale of what deserves an upvote. I usually thumbs up the nice players who show good manners, not necessarily the best players I encounter. I know others thumbs up the players that are really good.

I would absolutely love for the thumbs up system to bring rewards. Punishing bad conduct is a must, but rewarding good behaviour would probably make people be less agressive.

• HoodedWildKard

Simple answer, you don't need to control players perks etc. It's never going to be a perfect system obviously you would get some sweats on both sides going into casual playlists. But it would be less common. It'd at least be a step in the right direction. Like I don't mind getting 4kd as survivor or getting 0 kills as killer. Just don't want to have to fight tooth and nail to avoid it every game. Games are to be enjoyed, sometimes I want a challenge and some times I'd just like to ######### about with a meme build and not die in the first 5 mins

You would get more relaxed, enjoyable games on a casual playlist than you currently get. And that'd be good enough for me.

• HoodedWildKard

Yh people are always the issue aren't they? Lol

tbh I'm thinking maybe something like the system I see in overwatch would be good. You accrue upvotes, and it gives you occasional in game rewards if your upvote level is high. Maybe iridescent shards, BP, the odd auric cell here and there. But in an ideal world would love to see exclusive "Good sport" cosmetics that mark players as considerate players.

But it's always an issue with antagonistic roles like killer survivor. Hence why I wouldn't add a downvote. A lot of players would just downvote anyone they lost against.

• HugTheHag

I don't know Overwatch, so that's why I might have been a bit off the mark in my observations haha.

But yeah, people. X)

I think a downvote would be an extremely bad idea, you're right. But what you're thinking of with upvotes would be really nice. I'd think to give more people thumbs up if it really did something. Sometimes I encounter really cool randoms, but don't even bother to leave the good remark since I know no one will even read them.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,224

Worst case scenario: sweat lords stomp in casual mode, which is literally what we have now, but some of that moves into ranked.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,553

No one is casual in the casual modes in any other game

You'll have more people learning in casual, but people who want to to stomp will still stomp. Since there's barely anyone in the world who likes losing, you'll still have the majority of people in casuals trying to stomp their opposition.

It's unavoidable.

• HoodedWildKard
    edited December 2022

So at the end of a match in overwatch you can assign 2 endorsements to members of your team (who aren't on your friends list) when you get an endorsement it pops up and tells you which is quite nice. Nothing takes a sting out of a loss than rando teammates giving you a virtual thumbs up in recognition of you playing well.

You also have an endorsement level, which is determined by how many endorsements you recieve. It's visible in the postgame so a public display of how positively your teammates see you. And you get periodic battle pass exp based on your endorsement level.

It's a nice system and since dbd already has a button for it might as well make it mean something because as far as I can tell giving a player an upvote in the post game report system does precisely nothing.

• HugTheHag

That sounds really nice, thanks for taking the time to explain me ! =)

• HoodedWildKard

It will happen of course but not in 100% of games read the comment above yours, it hits the nail on the head.

In my experience of other pvp games, casual playlists are generally more enjoyable than ranked ones. The standard of play does tend to be lower and the games a little less fast paced. There's more breathing space.

And imo winning in dbd doesnt mean I have to 4k as killer. I almost always release the last 1 or 2 survivors. Now that I don't care about my monthly bp rank bonus, unless I'm sweating for an adept or the survs have been particularly obnoxious I won't 4k anymore.

If killer gets a 2 k because he gave the last 2 survs the nod, let them finish 2 or 3bgens and leave, or if killer downs last surv and carries them to hatch then did killer lose? No, they still proved they were better. They just forgo 1 or 2k bp so the surv can get 7k bp and maybe keep their item. But the current ranking system is a big incentive against doing that.

• HoodedWildKard

Yw 😁 I'm all for a positive gaming experience for an many people as poss.

• Archael
    Archael Member Posts: 815

I would love to see two modes:

Soloq, where only solo survivors can participate. And group game, where swf are allowed. Game should be balanced around soloq, and this would remove a lot of toxicity.

https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/355432/suggestion-new-ranked-game-modes#latest

• Starrseed
    Starrseed Member Posts: 1,774

I think that's really I the only way two modes can work. Make a more fair mode where you restrict a lot of things like addons perk combos and what not and make that the primary mode where you can unlock cosmetics get more BP and make basically a free for all mode where you can stack what you want do your archives play silly stuff sweat what ever you want.

This way people can progress and play in a more fair way and people that want to try silly or hardcore builds can still do that