We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

The Pig Pen Hangout

Options

Comments

• AbsolutGrndZer0
    AbsolutGrndZer0 Member Posts: 1,204
    Options

I don't follow you (but will for sure soon as you give me your YouTube name!) so can we get a link?

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 1,988
    edited February 21
    Options

BTW in case anyone had any doubt. This is 1000% a nerf to RBTs. The buffs aren't even close to being enough to warrant such a bold and controversial change.

Unless Amanda starts dashing over pallets, doing backflips, summersaults, instant breaking with dash, or baseball slides under them then we can talk about RBT changes like aura removal and increased timer.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 3,053
    Options

It's in the feedback section. The pinned comment on killer changes.

• Nun_So_Vile
    edited February 21
    Options

Here's the link to the feedback on killers for PTB. Posting it below. There's been some great feedback there already from the community. Let them hear our collective pig squeals!

• AbsolutGrndZer0
    Options

Did once match with my "Perkless Pig" build and don't want to play another. I got the 4K only by slugging when I happened to find 3 of them together, one desperate for the flashy save, the other decided to crawl downstairs to the Badham matrress. Posted the full story on the main feedback thread.

• Vanishlord
    Vanishlord Member Posts: 472
    edited February 21
    Options

Sorry for the late response. Sadly I am an xbox player and cannot participate in it but am preparing a general disscusion post to try raise awarness for the cause. I have been away until yesterday evening and when I checked and saw your post about the pig changes I was horrifed.

Pigs biggest strength is her RBTS. They are the best slowdown in the game as you are faced with a mori if you don't take it off and it activates if a generator is completed. This happens without Amanda having to go out of her way. Everything else in her kit can be done better by other killers. Her ambush is like a worse nurse blink or blight dash etc. Her stealth is litteraly a worse version of Ghostface's.

I encourage everyone who can play the PTB to make a detailed report in the PTB section as some of us are doing. Also please keep an eye out for my post I will post a link here when it is ready just so the whole forums community can see our issues with these changes.

May the odds be ever in our favour.

• Nun_So_Vile
    edited February 22
    Options

Thank you for posting this and getting more discussion going! Posted my reply...back to screaming into the void.

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,021
    edited February 22
    Options

Far be it from me to misrepresent the collective will of the Glorious Snoot Society:

What do we reckon to this suggestion?

I always liked @radiantHero23s suggestion:

Mechanically no arguments at all and nothing but support, the only thing that irks me about it is purely that it betrays a little of the idea of the theme of what's going on.

Mostly why would the timer stop mid search? Why does a scream not interrupt? (I don't like how we have screams that interrupt and screams that don't... the mechanic feels inconsistent to me).

How do we collectively feel about this alternative? If the search box degrades, screams doesn't cause a problem, survivors getting downed or chase stops progress on the timer, so having to commit to get a survivor to let go seems reasonable to me.

It seems almost as good, without the theme taking a hit. Thoughts? Anything I'm overlooking?

• Nun_So_Vile
    edited February 22
    Options

I've only had time to skim through briefly, so i'll have to come back with any further suggestions. From the surface, I like what I'm reading. There have been similar good suggestions between you, Hero, Joni, and around the forums that all center around the same point of screams not resetting progress using different approaches.

I think it's fair in theory. I like @radiantHero23's ideas too. Specifically speaking to survs not dying while searching...There have been times I've been on that box like ..." Man, that timer is getting close It's about to kill me this sucks. wish it wasn't". But I always thought of that as my misplays for not getting the box off soon enough, similar to a contestant who almost got out of the trap, but time ran out (Which happens in literally every Saw movie xD). I guess it depends on how much importance you put on the pause while searching on that one, but honestly, it's a great suggested change to have on the table.

Just to add my 1/2 cent to the mix for what it's worth, maybe somewhere JSB (Jigsaw Box) can save the surv's current progress for a very brief time (1 to maybe 1.5seconds max), and then it'll degrade by a certain amount that is determined by a simple regression algorithm like you suggested in the topic posted. If pig is chasing them then it'd go away outside that 1 to 1.5 second window, but also in that brief 1 to 1.5-second window they'd still have their progress if she didn't commit to chase them off the box for long enough, or if they scream.

With keeping her thematic in mind, I could see either way giving a little more wiggle room for survs to get a trap off without giving away too much in return, but also not flat out causing them the same level of grief as getting interrupted by screaming and dying due to it does.

I had another thought as I was typing this, which is does DBD have a system designed to tell the difference between interrupts that are caused by the player's action (i.e. surv lets go on their own for x reason) and one caused as a reaction to a Killer's perk like Infectious or UW. I could be seeing it wrong or overthinking, but if those two different events are handled the same way, then you'd just expect JSBs working a slightly different way in general by providing regression, and survs just leaving the box will cause regression instead of resetting progress.

Still, I for one like the idea.

Post edited by Nun_So_Vile on
  • Vanishlord
    Options

@radiantHero23 @Nun_So_Vile @JPLongstreet @UndeddJester @AbsolutGrndZer0

Since we are disscussing solutions and alternitives to this nerf, we need to agree on one and all try promote it we also need to incorporate survivors into it.

So far Jester and Hero's ideas removing the screams sounds like the way to go as from my disscussion the screams is one of the big problem survivors have.

The only thing I would add on is if we do end up with the extra 30 seconds the last bit of this post would help a bit.

(ignore my bad highlighting)

This for me is kind of a worst case scenerio as it still isn't ideal but it is better then the PTB state.

I do think just nerfing scream builds for pig is enough. Lets keep brainstorming people!๐Ÿท

• UndeddJester
    edited February 23
    Options

Sounds like a good idea to me.

Personally I like radiantHero's idea, simply because for anyone not in the know, which will be most of SoloQ, I can see it being really tense just making it to final box and not being sure if they'll make the timer. Anyone whonis in the know will be praying the Pig doesn't turn up... similar to how my chest pounds as last survivor opening the gate... which sounds cool.

The scream not interrupting nerf is a necessary evil to halt the main complaint, even though I don't like some screams interrupting actions and some not... Cage's perk always makes me naturally let go cause I forget I can keep hold.

Tbh, I'd rather take both my and radiants nerfs than the 30s timer.... At least we would retain our pressure gameplay while also hitting the more brain dead strategies. If we REALLY have to go to war to prevent the 30s nerf, I'd push for a regressing progression box and impossible to pop head trap while searching. If box auras come back as well, I would be signing on the line for them to take this pair of nerfs in their place.

Post edited by UndeddJester on
  • Nun_So_Vile
    edited February 23
    Options

I agree, having a consistent solution in our message would be beneficial. I think Radiant's would be the more pragmatic one to compromise with. Love all the solutions, but I can see that one being something easy to work with that could be quickly implemented and not need too much extra work to get it right. @UndeddJester Spot on!

Amanda has waited years for some good buffs to her kit overall and the devs must do this right...

• Nun_So_Vile
    edited February 23
    Options

Posting here just for another perspective on PTB buffs in action. First chase ~24 seconds in... man oh man.

Just absolutely shocking...

• Vanishlord
    Options

So we are agreed. I guess unless anyone else joins this disscussion due to the limited time frame for feedback I think so far everyone disscusing the two ideas the majority of us have agreed on @radiantHero23 you're idea seems to be the way to go at the moment. As Nun_So_Vile said this buff needs to be done right it could be ages before there is another. So my fellow Pig council members how do we proceed?

• UndeddJester
    Options

Suppose a summary thread signed from all us Pig mains that covers: -

• Acknowledgement of the problems to solve.
    • The buffs are very nice QOL changes, but ultimately the scenarios it actually makes a difference are not that prevelant.
    • The changes don't solve what they want to solve (screams and being box camped).
    • The nerfs hurts all types of Pig players, not just the trolling ones.
    • radiantHero's changes we propose instead to actually solve the problem.
    • Signed the Society of Swine. Plz sign with us ๐Ÿ˜

Don't think we need to linger on points long, we already have a few essays through the forum. Quick Points are gonna be the way I think. I can mock something up at lunch time and throw up for review in a group PM unless someone beats me to it.

• radiantHero23
    edited February 23
    Options

I know that its not ccompletely lore acccurate, but i do believe that it is the fairest nerf that can be done.

Is this not completely unnecessary? If the time on the Box is increased, this could (at base) completely negate the nerf they want to implement. On top of that, a buff to the search time would also buff the addons that are already strong (gears and timer). This is not a good idea, if you ask me...

Yeah.... BTW.... can we get this man in on our cause? He seems very insightful and a great BOOP - enthusiast.

Oh guys, you make me blush ๐Ÿฝ

Jokes aside, i hope they will do whats the logically best solution and not force their nerf upon us like they did with Sadako.

• radiantHero23
    Options

Thank you so much for your effort friend!

You deserve a special BOOP for that๐Ÿฝ

The council of Pig mains has spoken!

• Nun_So_Vile
    edited February 23
    Options

This is wonderful! Off to a great start. Thank you for taking the time to write this @UndeddJester. I was just going to write some suggested edits to the side [the teacher in me ๐Ÿคช], but mind would you mind if I just make edits to what you wrote and post it again for review?

I can send @AbsolutGrndZer0 a ping so they know to sign!

• Vanishlord
    Options

Don't think I could have put it better myself. We just need to try keep it at the top of the Feedback section which is manageable. Ultimately we play Amanda and know her kit better then others who don't play her often so we are well equipped to make our point. We just need to make sure we stick to the final draft.

• UndeddJester
    edited February 23
    Options

Ship it! Nice work!

Approve of all additions and grammatical corrections ^^

Edit: Unless anyone has anything they'd want to add, does anyone want to volunteer to do the honours? :P

Also just because I have to cleanse myself of this awful pun... SAWciety of Swine. I know it's pure pain in text form... but I had to put it somewhere to get it out of my brain xD

• Nun_So_Vile
    edited February 23
    Options

...We live.. in a SAWciety...๐Ÿคฃ. Thanks, I hate it. Now it'll be stuck in my head.

I gotta stop looking at this or i'll want to edit more,. Great work everyone. I'm ready to spread the word! Where do we start???

• UndeddJester
    edited February 23
    Options

If we're happy, maybe wait for @radiantHero23 to sign off, then we just post I suppose...

I was tempted to comission C3 Tooth to draw a frustrated/sad Amanda gesturing to a broken RBT on a table while looking up at the Entity with the caption:

Entity : "I have tried to help you, Amanda."

Amanda : "Then help me! Fix me! Fix me m-----f-----! I'm standing right here!"

However they're based in Vietnam apparently and I can't find what comission service they're using in a timely manner ^^

• Astel
    Astel Member Posts: 616
    Options

You can find the link that you can send request for drawing to C3Tooth in their forum profile

• radiantHero23
    Options

Im so sorry guys, I'm delaying this important matter...

Well done friends!!! I have nothing to add.

The only thing I would specify is with our proposed changes.

The bear trap to trigger could also be understood as activating the trap. Maybe you could specify the "triggering" of the trap. Something along the line of : the timer will be paused at 99.99%, leaving enough time to search the final box. If the box is not the final one or a skill check I'd missed, the trap will immediately kill that survivor.

I'm also not really a fan of the idea of preserving progress, but I can get behind it.

Great work all around!!!

• Nun_So_Vile
    edited February 23
    Options

LETS GO!!!!

• AbsolutGrndZer0
    Options

Had this conversation in a Discord today.

My last comment that I did not screenshot was that we should end this discussion before I end up saying something I regret.

I don't know if he didn't realize that I am one of the Pig mains behind that post when he called US scummy (my nickname is not Absolugrndzer0, briefly changed it to get the screenshots) but it made be very angry as you can see by the reacts. Especially since the worst thing a Pig player could do is exploiting screams to guarantee at least 3 head pops. I will never do this even for testing purposes, but I'm confident I could consistently pull it off with Video Tape, Crate of Gears then Hex: Face the Darkness, Sloppy Butcher, Franklin's Demise, and Lethal Pursuer. Soon as the game starts, beeline for the nearest survivor, injure them, the go camp the totem. Nobody is going to be able to heal the survivor that is injured, even if they had a medkit, it's unlikely it will have a full heal left by the time they manage to pick it up, especially with Sloppy. So at best THAT survivor can get their trap off, do a generator... the others? Not happening. But this could easily be fixed by making screams not be as terrible as they currently are to those with traps.

• Nun_So_Vile
    edited February 25
    Options

Check your messages. Sounds like you took the high road in your response.

• UndeddJester
    Options

Well done keeping your composure. It's really annoying being constantly mischaracterised like that. I had to send a private apology to Seraphor the other day, as even if I don't agree, Seraphor is always polite, well argued and constructive. I unfortunately took out my frustration on them and was rude and reductive to one of their posts as a result of seeing my own (and some of yours guys posts) misquoted, the meaning changed and then used to demean/ridicule. It happened to be my response to them was at boiling point and I ended up being rather uncivil... to my regret.

What I like especially is the add on "and make it worse". It suggests they didn't bother reading it really, just skimmed.

Like how on earth does allowing a survivor to hold a box attempt even when on max blink, and making it so the Pig cannot interrupt you from a distance to maintain headtrap pressure "making it worse"?

What gets me, is what exactly is the "problem" and what do they think 30s and no box auras is gonna do to fix it exactly? I can still follow the survivor manually, I have eyes. I even have a nice FOV slider to make sure I can crouch at a distance and watch all escape routes, then let H:FtD and UW do a lot of my work for me....

• Vanishlord
    Options

Great job keeping calm I might of lost it at the last comment I am many things but I am not a scummy pig main and I know what I am talking about when it comes to her kit. They definitely are not a pig main.

On a seperate more positive note

@UndeddJester @Nun_So_Vile @AbsolutGrndZer0 @radiantHero23 We have taken a major step now that we have gotten Mandy's attention and she has passed it on to the devs. Lets hope she keeps us updated and the devs approve it.

• radiantHero23
    Options

We really made a break through. I cant remember the last time, a dev / community manager stepped in to confirm that the feedback was taken into consideration. We all did a great job there.

Big thanks especially to @UndeddJester and @Nun_So_Vile for their summary - post. You both deserve a big BOOP from our lady herself. ๐Ÿฝ

• Vanishlord
    Options

Agreed this is a major moment for the player base in general as like you said I can't remember either when they personally confirmed that they were sending it on to the team. This has proven that it is better to propose a solution to the problem then to just complain about it.

Great job @UndeddJester and @Nun_So_Vile!

• UndeddJester
    edited February 25
    Options

Now that stress of that is over, can post something a little more fun.

I never really formalised my application to the Pig Pen... I did have a plan for that day but its still in the works, and all of this forced my hand early xD

So instead, if anyone is bored/wants a laugh, I wanted to share a game I had today as one of the last I will see of our lady in her current form... I was using a quirky little build I made literally to just get obsession kills for challenges. I literally just threw on the cheapest and most plentiful brown add-ons I had cause I'm tight. ๐Ÿคฃ

It was actually kinda decent vs. our true one enemy... pallets... I've included my thought processes in the description with time stamps ๐Ÿ˜…

Are my credentials satisfactory for an aspiring Pig player? Do be brutal, I've already spotted several things I'm kicking myself for ๐Ÿคฃ

Ps: Also hello box aura in my splash... I do hope to see you again... ๐Ÿฅบ

• AbsolutGrndZer0
    Options

Oooh really nice leap across the tractor at 3:05! They made it so that's not possible anymore normally, but we can still do it!

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,238
    Options

I will say one thing, I'm super happy to see so many Amanda Panda enthusiasts still around, and quite passionate about her too! ๐Ÿท๐Ÿฝ

• Nun_So_Vile
    edited February 26
    Options

Me after seeing Steve playing so cautiously after he lost the first chase: "Youย was poppin' all that good ######### a second ago thenย you got kickedย in yo'ย chest."

I like what I see

• Nun_So_Vile
    edited February 26
    Options

Right? It's amazing to see!

Hey, @JPLongstreet , good to see you. What took you so long to get here? Lol.

• Nun_So_Vile
    edited February 26
    Options

Leaving this here in case anyone wants to watch it. More content on her changes by other Pig mains.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mid_RtidU2Y

• JPLongstreet
    Options

I'm a peasant consoler, so I can't go on the PTB and test all this out myself. Gotta wait like three more weeks and see then.

• Vanishlord
    Options

Same boat. I am just going off what the patch notes say and clips I have seen. Lets hope the result in 3 weeks or so is what we want it to be.

• JPLongstreet
    Options

Yeah I've seen a few give their views in a couple of vids, but it really matters what she's going to feel like with my controller, and if they alter any of the proposed changes from the PTB. Players mousing her around isn't the same for us consolers! ๐Ÿ˜

• Nun_So_Vile
    edited February 27
    Options

Another reason among the list of 10000 others is why console players need a PTB. Feels like a broken record stuck on repeat at this point.

• JPLongstreet
    Options

Oh yes I'd like that too, and I see the good it would do. And Windows or Epic cannot participate either, just Steam players. But I understand the reasons why they aren't looking to add it.

First off it ain't free, Sony and Microsoft both charge for patches, and I imagine Nintendo does as well.

Next all three of them verify all patches separately, which can take anywhere from three days to a week or more roughly. This is the exact reason Trickster's original release was delayed a week for instance. They could probably update the game four times a day on Steam if they wished most likely.

Plus each and every Fog Whisperer is on Steam, all of them content creators. They showcase these PTB's for several days, with their content helping to bridge the gap until the next chapter is out. Cannot even apply to that program from any of the other platforms.

This doesn't absolve them however imo. Both Minecraft and DayZ offer "experimental" versions of their games in the Microsoft store. Dunno about the PlayStations or others as I'm in Xbox. But both of those games have a separate tool to test things out on, perhaps DBD can do something similar?

• Nun_So_Vile
    Options

Bro if they added an experimental mode on PS4 I'd do something crazy. Like, play Pig only on a racing wheel.

• Nun_So_Vile
    edited February 27
    Options

Speaking of which my PS4 Pro HDD bit the dust the other day. So, guess who is without their console in the meantime...๐Ÿ˜ฅ๐Ÿ˜ซ

• Vanishlord
    Options

Yeah pretty much this Microsoft and Sony and maybe Nintendo only allow a certain amount of updates per year I think which obviously might still be managable for them but as you said the verify process is probably a nightmare along with having to pay for it as well. An experimental sort of version would be nice. I too am on Xbox and not to mention I would really like to be able to play K&M on console.