The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Nobody mentions that Adrenaline is actually more broken than DS

So you get gen rushed because nobody healed. Not that big of an issue, right? Everyone's injured, you can just try to slug for at least 1 or 2 kills before they open an exit gate?

Adrenaline. Not only do you lose a chase due to a 5-second Haste effect, but everyone who was injured is fully healed, or everyone downed is running around again. This perk has ruined all momentum any killer can get before they have the gens completed, and just having this perk alone basically makes healing useless when you can complete 2 gens in the same time it would take to heal.

Now, the 5-second Haste is fine, but healing a full health state? And also waking up from Freddy's dream world? Absolutely ridiculous. People have finally realized how broken it is and in a 4-man swf, me and many others just run all Adrenaline and gen rush without healing. It's broken. It is game-changing. It needs a nerf.

Comments

• tehshadowman33
    tehshadowman33 Member Posts: 939

What if adrenaline gave you 75% of a heal bar progress instead of a flat-out full heal state at rank 3? You can keep the haste effect, I don't care about that... It doesn't make too much of a difference.

• tehshadowman33

@CakeDuty said:
    Adrenaline is a very situnational perk for a survivor, it can be either really useful (getting saved from hook after gens pop/getting it mid chase) otherwise it's a waste of a perk slot. It's a perk that rewards your for making it to the end game and it's a one time use, which balances it out. Is it frustrating as a killer? Yes, but there is one counter to it.... kill the survivor before the last gen pops.

There was an awesome post someone had about rebalancing the game duration and survivor's ability to genrush to hell and beyond. Basically, though if by end game you have less than two hooks and no kills, you're basically dependent on survivor mistakes at that point. If the survivors don't mess up at the end game, you will de-pip pretty much guaranteed unless you have NOED or you can insta-down with Myers, etc.,. Likewise, if you get a kill before 2 gens are done, you are probably going to steamroll into a 4k or a 3k with a hatch escape.

I tend to think, the only time I tend to 2k is when I'm playing a killer that I'm awful with or if there are some obviously bad players on the other side.

Adrenaline just makes those really bad games where you have 3-4 gens done in first chase that much more awful to play. The devs said they'd already look at insta-heals being too powerful, well, adrenaline IS an insta-heal. It's incredibly demoralizing to invest time into hitting a team when they run away from last few remaining gens so you chase them, only to have everyone heal up to full and you're screwed because there's no way you can hit someone twice before gates are open and/or they start bodyblocking for those that you did manage to injure. v.v

• tehshadowman33

@Master said:
    This is due to DS being a lot more frustrating (even if adrenaline can be frustrating too).
    Also adrenaline requires some sort of coordination and is usuallly only used within good swf

TBH, a lot of problems with DS could be solved if there was a single hook in the exit. You wouldn't have to worry about that stupid situation where they use DS in front of the exit and 100% guarantee themselves a free escape. Sure, people could body block, but they are right near exit, so you can power through that, especially if you use that new, rather situational, Legion perk.

• Larcz
    Larcz Member Posts: 531
    Ds+ adrenalin is often when i play killer.From spirit dlc i got always rancor with me on every killer.
  • Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559

Tbh, one thing that I love doing is standing over a survivor that has Adrenaline when I know the last gen is about to pop and smack them right back down.

Side question: Does anyone know what happens if I drop a survivor that has Adrenaline? Does it put them into the injured state from the dying state so I can smack them?

• akbays35
    akbays35 Member Posts: 1,123

I've had to use Adrenaline more on console, It's really clutch but on the survivor end they have to get the gens done and hope the killer doesn't have Noed. SInce I see Noed frequently it's still fairly balanced. I do think that healing on hook is very overpowered though.

• JxshHxrvey
    JxshHxrvey Member Posts: 22

@tehshadowman33 said:

@CakeDuty said:

Adrenaline just makes those really bad games where you have 3-4 gens done in first chase that much more awful to play. The devs said they'd already look at insta-heals being too powerful, well, adrenaline IS an insta-heal. It's incredibly demoralizing to invest time into hitting a team when they run away from last few remaining gens so you chase them, only to have everyone heal up to full and you're screwed because there's no way you can hit someone twice before gates are open and/or they start bodyblocking for those that you did manage to injure. v.v

Why should killers be allowed insta-down addons and survivors not allowed insta-heals, secondly there is rancour that is a one shot perk, it's only common sense that survivors should be allowed a heal perk. No?

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    edited December 2018

@Kind_Lemon said:
    Side question: Does anyone know what happens if I drop a survivor that has Adrenaline? Does it put them into the injured state from the dying state so I can smack them?

If I'm not wrong Adrenaline becomes wasted if it activates while being carried by a killer.

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,733

@White_Owl said:

@Kind_Lemon said:

If I'm not wrong Adrenaline becomes wasted if it activates while being carried by a killer.

nope, it activates as soon as they regain control. So if they get free from a killer stun, or if they get hooked and unhooked. I've seen it used with breakdown and deliverance to some pretty silly results.

• The_Trapper
    The_Trapper Member Posts: 186

@Vietfox said:
    Don't like it? Kill them before they pop the last gen.
    Some killer addons + ebony mori are broken as well, but i just deal with it instead of crying.

Few problems with your statement here.

Offering a really blunt "solution" to the problem is humiliating. Don't like getting camped? Don't get hooked. Don't like getting tunnelled? Don't get spotted.

I'm curious to know why you think ebony mori is broken. If I am lucky I see like one ebony memento every 20 games, but it's my fault for getting hooked in the first place. Besides, moris are a one time use unless the killer has more. Perks are permanent.

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823

@The_Trapper said:

@Vietfox said:
    Some killer addons + ebony mori are broken as well, but i just deal with it instead of crying.

Few problems with your statement here.

Offering a really blunt "solution" to the problem is humiliating. Don't like getting camped? Don't get hooked. Don't like getting tunnelled? Don't get spotted.

I'm curious to know why you think ebony mori is broken. If I am lucky I see like one ebony memento every 20 games, but it's my fault for getting hooked in the first place. Besides, moris are a one time use unless the killer has more. Perks are permanent.

Actually i took that sentence from killer mains telling me to not get caught lol.
    At rank 1 i see quite often killers using moris, especially when i'm playing with friends. It's either ebony mori or black wards.

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

Use noed

• Lodosslight
    Lodosslight Member Posts: 65

@Vietfox said:

It is easy to say that as a Survivor player, although you can get the perks that you want easily or even the add ons. Moreover, the only Killer players have fancy add-ons and offerings are Rank 1 Killers or Re-born the character and raised all Killers to level 40 to share their unique perks to each other.

• ThirdSealOPplzNerf
    ThirdSealOPplzNerf Member Posts: 360

@Vietfox said:

Unlike alot of survivors perks basically everything killer has can be countered nut survivors have perks that have no counters and are extremely safe and risk free.

• Vietfox

@Vietfox said:

Unlike alot of survivors perks basically everything killer has can be countered nut survivors have perks that have no counters and are extremely safe and risk free.

How do i counter MYC, by letting the survivor die? LOL
    Adrenaline is fine because, as many others said, survivor has to play with 3 perks during the whole match and stay alive.
  • ThirdSealOPplzNerf

@Vietfox said:
    @ThirdSealOPplzNerf said:

@Vietfox said:

Adrenaline is fine because, as many others said, survivor has to play with 3 perks during the whole match and stay alive.

You hide

• Vietfox

@Vietfox said:

@Vietfox said:

You hide

I was actually expecting this answer.
    Adrenaline? You kill.
    Thanks for coming.
  • ThirdSealOPplzNerf

@Vietfox said:

@Vietfox said:

@Vietfox said:

Unlike alot of survivors perks  basically everything killer has can be countered nut survivors have perks that have no counters and are extremely safe and risk free.

You hide

Adrenaline? You kill.
    Thanks for coming.

And gen rushing with second chance perks counters killing

• Vietfox
    edited December 2018

@Vietfox said:

@Vietfox said:

@Vietfox said:

Unlike alot of survivors perks  basically everything killer has can be countered nut survivors have perks that have no counters and are extremely safe and risk free.

You hide

Adrenaline? You kill.
    Thanks for coming.

And gen rushing with second chance perks counters killing

If you are good enough you can still win, if they are better than you no. Makes sense.
    I already explained what's the con of running Adrenaline, if you don't wanna see it then it's on you.
  • White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

@Ryuhi said:

@White_Owl said:

@Kind_Lemon said:

nope, it activates as soon as they regain control. So if they get free from a killer stun, or if they get hooked and unhooked. I've seen it used with breakdown and deliverance to some pretty silly results.

Really? I remember seeing people complain about that occurrence with Adrenaline... maybe it was just a random bug.

• Vietfox
    Ihatelife said:

Use noed

@Ihatelife
    Don't drop too much knowledge, they rather complain about adrenaline than looking for a counter ;)
  • GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213

Is it? I don't think DS is broken, at all, but I don't think Adrenaline is either. It's my fault if I let them get away just because of Adrenaline.

• Vietfox

Is it? I don't think DS is broken, at all, but I don't think Adrenaline is either. It's my fault if I let them get away just because of Adrenaline.

Finally some common sense. It's weird because i almost never use DS and here i am defending DS everywhere in the forum, simply because i don't get what's the big deal with that perk. I've run it and i've had to face it as well.
    One time use perks and endgame perks are a NO NO for me because i feel capped, the only one i like and use from time to time is Adrenaline, but Iron Will seems to work better for me. 
    As i said in another thread, i find Resilience stronger than DS.
  • Vietfox
    Larcz said:
    Ds+ adrenalin is often when i play killer.From spirit dlc i got always rancor with me on every killer.
    @Larcz
    Thanks for providing another counter. People need to understand that in a game based on perks and builds NO ONE is suposed to counter everything with perks.
    Create your build around your main weaknesses/needs and use the skills to deal with the rest.
    Glad to see killers who understand that.
  • GodDamn_Angela
    edited December 2018

@Vietfox said:
    @GodDamn_Angela said:

Finally some common sense. It's weird because i almost never use DS and here i am defending DS everywhere in the forum, simply because i don't get what's the big deal with that perk. I've run it and i've had to face it as well.
    One time use perks and endgame perks are a NO NO for me because i feel capped, the only one i like and use from time to time is Adrenaline, but Iron Will seems to work better for me. 

I haven't even leveled Laurie because I have no interest in DS. I don't like one use or Endgame perks. And Adrenaline is both. I run NOED on some Killers, but that's literally the only one I use at all. I like Perks that I can get more use out of throughout the trial.

Its a personal choice and I understand other people like end game perks. Adrenaline is just not a perk I want to use because like 60% of the time its not needed to, even slightly, help me survive. Or I'm already dead. The other 40% is mostly times it could help me survive but isn't necessarily needed.

Adrenaline only activates once, at the end of the Trial, so it needs to be "strong".

• Larcz
    Larcz Member Posts: 531
    Adrenalin is god perk for me when i play surv mostly in swf.So wait with this gen until killer hook me.Gate are open? Yes! Ok unhook me.Adrenalin go and i run on sprint full heal to gate ez surv gameplay.If when some day do devs make somthing with DS we start point another too good perk.Never ending story.
  • Unnamed_Freak
    Unnamed_Freak Member Posts: 570

My only problem with Adrenaline is that it wakes you up, when wake up is not even a healing action.

Freddy is already a weak killer but yet the devs made another counter to him.

• Vietfox

@Vietfox said:
    @GodDamn_Angela said:

I haven't even leveled Laurie because I have no interest in DS. I don't like one use or Endgame perks. And Adrenaline is both. I run NOED on some Killers, but that's literally the only one I use at all. I like Perks that I can get more use out of throughout the trial.

Its a personal choice and I understand other people like end game perks. Adrenaline is just not a perk I want to use because like 60% of the time its not needed to, even slightly, help me survive. Or I'm already dead. The other 40% is mostly times it could help me survive but isn't necessarily needed.

Adrenaline only activates once, at the end of the Trial, so it needs to be "strong".

@GodDamn_Angela
    I know it's stupid and dont know if happens the same to anyone else but kinda bothers me when adrenaline kicks in and i'm not injured lol.
    I see you MAYBE are trying to justify the use of NOED, just don't. Feel free to run any perk without being bothered by others opinions, they are game features meant to be used.
    I run noed with about 3 killers or so, especially the slowest ones. Usually running noed on one shot killers is stupid, but i do use it on Leatherface. Not because of the exposed status, but because of the speed.
    If survivors manage to complete the 5 gens you get the speed boost from noed, plus the speed from beasts marks addon and the speed from Play with your food (if you have it). Use the chainsaw with all that speed, you'll fly :D
  • Vietfox

My only problem with Adrenaline is that it wakes you up, when wake up is not even a healing action.

@Unnamed_Freak
    I understand, but perk itself has important cons, like to play with 3 perks for almost the whole match. Any killer who knows how to create pressure will make the match to take longer, increasing the chances of killing survivors.
    For killers with less map pressure i use pop goes the weasel, it's an amazing perk. So you could try that on Freddy (if you havent yet)
  • GodDamn_Angela

@Vietfox said:
    I know it's stupid and dont know if happens the same to anyone else but kinda bothers me when adrenaline kicks in and i'm not injured lol.
    I see you MAYBE are trying to justify the use of NOED, just don't. Feel free to run any perk without being bothered by others opinions, they are game features meant to be used.
    I run noed with about 3 killers or so, especially the slowest ones. Usually running noed on one shot killers is stupid, but i do use it on Leatherface. Not because of the exposed status, but because of the speed.
    If survivors manage to complete the 5 gens you get the speed boost from noed, plus the speed from beasts marks addon and the speed from Play with your food (if you have it). Use the chainsaw with all that speed, you'll fly :dizzy:

Oh no I'm not justifying the use of NOED. I use what I want, and I don't really see a need to explain to anyone why I do. Even if people think it is a waste.

I was saying I use it on some Killers because its the only end game perk I get any use out of. Mainly for the speed increase. All the totems are usually destroyed way before the end of the trial though. lol :'(

I mainly only use it though when I play Full-Hex Spirit and it can be fun on the Hag. I only really use those two and the Clown and I have never, ever, felt a need or want to put it on the Clown lol.

• Unnamed_Freak

@Vietfox said:
    Unnamed_Freak said:

@Unnamed_Freak
    I understand, but perk itself has important cons, like to play with 3 perks for almost the whole match. Any killer who knows how to create pressure will make the match to take longer, increasing the chances of killing survivors.
    For killers with less map pressure i use pop goes the weasel, it's an amazing perk. So you could try that on Freddy (if you havent yet)

I particularly don't have issues with Adrenaline or creating pressure, I was just stating that. Unless I am playing Legion, they cannot create pressure at all.

And Pop Goes The Weasel should work with a token system. So it can work on slow killers like Huntress, Hag and Legion.

• Vietfox

@Vietfox said:
    If survivors manage to complete the 5 gens you get the speed boost from noed, plus the speed from beasts marks addon and the speed from Play with your food (if you have it). Use the chainsaw with all that speed, you'll fly :dizzy:

Oh no I'm not justifying the use of NOED. I use what I want, and I don't really see a need to explain to anyone why I do. Even if people think it is a waste.

I was saying I use it on some Killers because its the only end game perk I get any use out of. Mainly for the speed increase. All the totems are usually destroyed way before the end of the trial though. lol :'(

I mainly only use it though when I play Full-Hex Spirit and it can be fun on the Hag. I only really use those two and the Clown and I have never, ever, felt a need or want to put it on the Clown lol.

@GodDamn_Angela
    Noed is a win win for the killer imo.
    They dont cleanse totems? Free instadowns
    They do? They didnt genrush
  • Vietfox
    edited December 2018

@Vietfox said:
    Unnamed_Freak said:

@Unnamed_Freak

I particularly don't have issues with Adrenaline or creating pressure, I was just stating that. Unless I am playing Legion, they cannot create pressure at all.

And Pop Goes The Weasel should work with a token system. So it can work on slow killers like Huntress, Hag and Legion.

@Unnamed_Freak
    Idk, i find pop goes the weasel quite strong already. Mayne increase the timer? But i swear, that perk has given me 4K without a single gen done at rank 1 ON LEATHERFACE (sometimes using good addons like bests marks, grease, etc and sometimes with crappy addons)
    Edit: quite a few times
  • GodDamn_Angela

@Vietfox said:
    GodDamn_Angela said:

@Vietfox said:

@GodDamn_Angela
    Noed is a win win for the killer imo.
    They dont cleanse totems? Free instadowns
    They do? They didnt genrush

True.

I never actually thought about it like that. Very good point.

• Unnamed_Freak

@Vietfox said:
    Unnamed_Freak said:

@Vietfox said:

Unnamed_Freak said:

@Unnamed_Freak 

@Unnamed_Freak
    Idk, i find pop goes the weasel quite strong already. Mayne increase the timer? But i swear, that perk has given me 4K without a single gen done at rank 1 ON LEATHERFACE (sometimes using good addons like bests marks, grease, etc and sometimes with crappy addons)

It's not a bad perk, the thing is that 30 seconds aren't really enough to check most gens.
    That's why it should have an increased timer or work with token system.
    But the perk is really good on fast killers and race car Wraith.

• Unnamed_Freak

@Vietfox said:
    Unnamed_Freak said:

@Vietfox said:

Unnamed_Freak said:

@Unnamed_Freak 

@Unnamed_Freak

Pop Goes The Weasel is not a bad perk, the problem is that the timer is too short for normal killers or slow killers to check all gens.

But it's really good on all fast killers and probably on race car Wraith.

• Vietfox

@Vietfox said:
    Unnamed_Freak said:

@Vietfox said:

Unnamed_Freak said:

@Unnamed_Freak 

@Unnamed_Freak

Pop Goes The Weasel is not a bad perk, the problem is that the timer is too short for normal killers or slow killers to check all gens.

@Unnamed_Freak
    I personally do the opposit thing, fast killers apply more pressure already than slow ones, so i try to balance it.
    If you mix it with the 3 gens strat you dont really need to go so far.
  • Unnamed_Freak

@Vietfox said:
    Unnamed_Freak said:

@Vietfox said:

Unnamed_Freak said:

@Vietfox said:

Unnamed_Freak said:

My only problem with Adrenaline is that it wakes you up, when wake up is not even a healing action. Freddy is already a weak killer but yet the devs made another counter to him. @Unnamed_Freak

@Unnamed_Freak 

@Unnamed_Freak
    I personally do the opposit thing, fast killers apply more pressure already than slow ones, so i try to balance it.

3 gen strat with Doc running Pop Goes The Weasel is a disconnect party.

• Vietfox

@Vietfox said:
    Unnamed_Freak said:

@Vietfox said:

Unnamed_Freak said:

@Vietfox said:

Unnamed_Freak said:

My only problem with Adrenaline is that it wakes you up, when wake up is not even a healing action. Freddy is already a weak killer but yet the devs made another counter to him. @Unnamed_Freak

@Unnamed_Freak 

@Unnamed_Freak

@Unnamed_Freak
    Yeah some do, it's hilarious. I don't understand how rank 1 people keep falling for that.
  • Unnamed_Freak

@Vietfox said:
    Unnamed_Freak said:

@Vietfox said:

Unnamed_Freak said:

@Vietfox said:

Unnamed_Freak said:

@Vietfox said: Unnamed_Freak said:

My only problem with Adrenaline is that it wakes you up, when wake up is not even a healing action.    Freddy is already a weak killer but yet the devs made another counter to him.        @Unnamed_Freak

I understand, but perk itself has important cons, like to play with 3 perks for almost the whole match. Any killer who knows how to create pressure will make the match to take longer, increasing the chances of killing survivors. For killers with less map pressure i use pop goes the weasel, it's an amazing perk. So you could try that on Freddy (if you havent yet) I particularly don't have issues with Adrenaline or creating pressure, I was just stating that. Unless I am playing Legion, they cannot create pressure at all. And Pop Goes The Weasel should work with a token system. So it can work on slow killers like Huntress, Hag and Legion. @Unnamed_Freak

@Unnamed_Freak

@Unnamed_Freak
    Yeah some do, it's hilarious. I don't understand how rank 1 people keep falling for that.

Because most rank 1 players are potatoes, ranking only requires time after all. I for example almost got to rank 1 with pre-buff Wraith, and I didn't know how Doc even worked.

• Unnamed_Freak

@Vietfox said:
    Unnamed_Freak said:

@Vietfox said:

Unnamed_Freak said:

@Unnamed_Freak 

@Unnamed_Freak

The perk is good, the bad thing is that the timer is not long enough to check all gens or to work on slow killers.

But it's really good on fast killers and race car Wraith.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@White_Owl said:

@Kind_Lemon said:

There was a bug a few months ago and it was quite funny actually where it'd launch the survivor off the killers shoulder as if they'd used a rocket launcher. It was basically a sprint burst flying in air and landing running and I'd gone to body block the killer and the survivor went flying past my head in air.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    powerbats said:

@White_Owl said:

@Kind_Lemon said:

There was a bug a few months ago and it was quite funny actually where it'd launch the survivor off the killers shoulder as if they'd used a rocket launcher. It was basically a sprint burst flying in air and landing running and I'd gone to body block the killer and the survivor went flying past my head in air.

I need to see a video of this because it sounds hilarious.
  • powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@TAG said:

I need to see a video of this because it sounds hilarious.

I'll have to go back and see if it was one of my recorded games because it's priceless when you see it from either view.

• Arroz
    Arroz Member Posts: 1,433

@Maximus7 said:
    So you get gen rushed because nobody healed. Not that big of an issue, right? Everyone's injured, you can just try to slug for at least 1 or 2 kills before they open an exit gate?

Adrenaline. Not only do you lose a chase due to a 5-second Haste effect, but everyone who was injured is fully healed, or everyone downed is running around again. This perk has ruined all momentum any killer can get before they have the gens completed, and just having this perk alone basically makes healing useless when you can complete 2 gens in the same time it would take to heal.

Now, the 5-second Haste is fine, but healing a full health state? And also waking up from Freddy's dream world? Absolutely ridiculous. People have finally realized how broken it is and in a 4-man swf, me and many others just run all Adrenaline and gen rush without healing. It's broken. It is game-changing. It needs a nerf.

Ebony Mori is more broken that ds and adrenaline and nobody mentions :)

• Maximus7
    Maximus7 Member Posts: 441
    Arroz said:

@Maximus7 said:

Ebony Mori is more broken that ds and adrenaline and nobody mentions :)

But it's not??? Ebony moris, while pretty bullshit, still require you to do your job and hook a survivor first. DS rewards you for losing in a chase and Adrenaline rewards you for focusing on gens instead of healing yourself, getting rid of any pressure the killer accumulated during the match if all 4 had it.