So instead of deadhard everyone is just using sprint burst now?

Options
smartemarte
smartemarte Member Posts: 254
edited April 2023 in General Discussions

so are you going to nerf sprint burst?

Instead of an ability that could only be used when injured, had to be timed perfectly, half of the time didn't work because of the server lag even if you timed it correctly everyone I come up against now is just using sprint burst....

which literally can't be countered, is 100% guaranteed to work, requires 0 skill and has no draw backs.... I really struggle to understand why you changed dead hard to only work when being tunnelled because it's that unreliable that you just wouldn't pick it now over DS, Off the record etc.

I'd much go up against a survivor with DH and wait 0.5 seconds to bait it out like any good killer would instead of complaining it was overpowered...

like wise when I play survivor now I enjoyed using dead hard because it was extremely situational against a GOOD killer that didn't bait it out, now I have to wait until i'm hooked to get it for my second state so instead i'll just use one of the boring exhaust perks that are guaranteed to work from the match starting ....

Dead hard made you think about when you would use it where as the other exhaust perks are just switch your brain off dull.

Comments

• smartemarte
    Options

I didn't even come up against DH much and when I do I just bait it out ... it was one of the most fun mechanics in the game to time and bait out but instead they've made it almost useless just to force the last few people using it to use the other boring exhausts like lithe, balanced landing ... Too busy listening to beginner killers that can't bait a 0.5 second ability out.

• Meathammer
    Meathammer Member Posts: 58
    Options

Yeah but you have to walk around the whole map, which means you aren't doing generators fast enough

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,280
    Options

Good Survivors dont walk around the map when using SB.

If you want an essay explanation, I can but Im pressed for time atm.

• Gamedozer7
    Gamedozer7 Member Posts: 2,649
    Options

That's the point. You shouldn't be able to heal yourself multiple time and half the time it takes the killer to get that health state. You can still run medkits and there other healing perks to speed it up.

• BlightedDolphin
    BlightedDolphin Member Posts: 1,703
    Options

I’ve been seeing way more Lithe than Sprint Burst.

• VikingDragonXii
    VikingDragonXii Member Posts: 2,885
    Options

Before patch it was DH>Lithe>SB>BL

Lithe was always better than SB because you could still sprint without accidently activating your perk.

SB is useful but you have to walk everywhere so you don't activate it. That's why SB was more fair than DH

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897
    Options
  • Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,353
    Options

TBF most players probably cannot 99 a sprintburst. And even then you can’t really do anything productive while it’s 99’d

• ratcoffee
    ratcoffee Member Posts: 1,121
    Options

SCOTT! THEY'RE DOING WHAT YOU SAID THEY WOULD DO!

• Rulebreaker
    Rulebreaker Member Posts: 1,590
    Options

Fearmonger + GF = dropped survivor

• lifestylee
    lifestylee Member Posts: 242
    Options

No they're nerfing smash hit and maybe overcome

• adsads123123123123
    adsads123123123123 Member Posts: 915
    Options

It's mix of Lithe and Sprint Burst and the occassional Balanced Landing. Seems to be a good mix of exhaustion perks. Definitely isn't just SB.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,213
    Options

Sprint Burst is pretty strong, but no : I've seen a bunch of Lithe and Balance Landing.

• DBDVulture
    DBDVulture Member Posts: 2,437
    Options

This is going to come as a surprise but SB has been a meta perk since 2016. As time moved on we got more exhaustion perks but it has ALWAYS created distance where none existed.

Maybe it's time to make all exhaustion perks reset only by being unhooked or unhooking someone. We could have all the exhaustion perks except DH be "loaded" on game start so that you get to use them immediately.

• brewingtea
    brewingtea Member Posts: 208
    Options

You can just 99 your Sprint Burst!

Sure, but the point is: OP's original claim of "no downsides" was bullshit

• indieeden7
    indieeden7 Member Posts: 3,349
    Options

Well...people have been saying that this would happen ever since a Dead Hard nerf was even suggested. There's not really any valid reason to be surprised that it's happened.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,201
    Options

Dh can't always be baited out there are many 50/50 situations and around pallet's it can be uncounterable in some specific situations. I don't think dh is death even now you still can use it 2 times instead max 3 usually before.

• Komi
    Komi Member Posts: 363
    Options

Is this going to become a trend with exhaustion perks now? Because Lithe, Balanced, Overcome and Smash Hit can all be used to escape or prevent chases, especially when paired with synergy perks. Personally I much rather have to work harder and accustomed to starting chases, than playing DH chicken with every chase.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,541
    Options

We players want the easiest things...

DH- Used to be used anytime after an injury... but now if you want to use the perk you need to save another Survivor safely

SB- One just has to hold the run button and wait 40 seconds and do it again or they can get the exhaustion to 99% and bait a swing and zoom away

Which one is easier to use??? See what I mean

• smartemarte
    Options

that's not a critical problem that is a layer in the game... if it was a 2 or 3 second ability you'd have an argument but complaining about a 0.5 ability is just stupid. it had to be thought about, now there's nothing to think about because most survivors are just going to sprint away or balanced landing etc... that's not engaging for either player

It's really just killer privilege, you don't want to have to think about anything and just be able to down a survivor as soon as you're close to them.

• Clueless
    Clueless Member Posts: 340
    Options

It didn't happen. OP is coping with the loss of DH via this thread.

• James4125
    James4125 Member Posts: 266
    Options

Is sprint burst is actually giving you trouble and you're not just exaggerating...

Fearmonger. That is all.

• remoirel
    remoirel Member Posts: 231
    Options

only kind of works on undetectable killers, otherwise start walking the moment you hear a tr and then you're not exhausted ready to use SB if the killer actually chases you.

• Patchouli_Knowledge
    Patchouli_Knowledge Member Posts: 39
    Options

All of these are good tips. I'll add one more that I hope more people understand and waste less time walking around: know when you will need the Sprint Burst and when you won't. If you are going to a gen that has very safe loops close to it (e.g. a gen in the main building), just run to it. You don't need the Sprint Burst there and keeping it is only wasting your time. You only walk to places where it's less safe (gens besides hills, gens in dead zones etc). There are also more little tricks you can do with SB that I don't see people talk about but I'm not getting into them here.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Options

Sprint Burst is completely fine. Old DH wasn't. One requires skill, the other did not.

Old Dead Hard was able to be activated at any time while you were injured, gave you a free 3rd health state + Speed Boost from being hit, and could be used to make it to pallets and windows.

With Sprint Burst, you have to wake the whole game at risk of using the perk. And once you use it, you have to wait 40 seconds to give it back.

Sprint Burst is a more high risk, high reward perk than Dead Hard ever was.

• lav3
    lav3 Member Posts: 758
    Options

I’m sure Fearmonger will be used more and it will be called “busted” or “unfair”.

• FridayNightPizza
    FridayNightPizza Member Posts: 613
    Options

Eh Sprint Burst doesn't really bother me, at least I don't feel cheated out of a down and I can just keep throwing knives with trickster, catch up with cloaked Wraith, shoot them at the start with Slinger, chain em with Pinhead, more interesting and varied counters than just baiting it out.

• NotAnotherDoctor
    NotAnotherDoctor Member Posts: 290
    Options

I think it comes down to how abusive dead hard was.

So say you're against a good team, this is how games would go:

The first teammate would take chase and then dead hard would come out, then there teammates would protect them and someone else would come and take chase and this would happen over and over while the gens were getting done and everyone was healing.

Sprint Burst is a fine perk, it gets people to safe spots but it isn't abusable and this is the difference, I feel

• smartemarte
    Options

i think people need to look up the word "abusive" and what it actually means

there is nothing abusive about a 0.5 second ability that has to be timed correctly to work and most of the time doesn't work anyway because of the server latency...

It's almost like killers just want an easy game where they don't have to think about any of the perks survivors have LOL.

If you want the game to be so boring to the point where "if I press M1 next to the survivor i want to GUARANTEE they will get hit" with absolutely no counter play then fair enough.