We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

PC - Rift bugged at tier 85 when I'm around tier 50

Options
MrSheep51
MrSheep51 Member Posts: 88

My rift is bugged and says it's tier 85, relaunching the game doesn't do anything.

17 votes

Fixed · Last Updated

Comments

• mrpieseller
    mrpieseller Member Posts: 134
    Options

I have the same issue on ps5. Also receiving auric cells for packs I haven't bought. Not much, only like 500 but still

• MrSheep51
    Options
  • koala2003
    koala2003 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1
    Options

The same thing happened to me as well, and I got 300 Auric cells for free?

• mks
    mks Member Posts: 29
    Options

If you click multiple times at the rift you will be able to receive things from the archive

• Madjura
    Madjura Member Posts: 2,410
    Options

I got 100 as well after a restart.

• Alyami
    Alyami Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1
    Options

I also received 200 auric cells.

• xerox8521
    xerox8521 Member Posts: 93
    Options

Same here, I started the game to get the 10 Rift Fragements for today's login bonus and got a message about receiving 850 Auric Cells. I tried to access the rift and was prompted with an error each time. I restarted the game and suddenly had 300k BP more another message about 650 Auric Cells. I tried accessing the rift again to see if it works and got all the rewards from the levels I was at like level 25-30 I'm not sure. So I have like 600k BP to much and about 1500 Auric Cells.

• Krystocat
    Krystocat Member Posts: 1
    Options

I also have/had the same issue on PC. It gave me the same pop up as in the image above. When I relaunched the game, it gave me all the rift rewards, including the cosmetics and auric cells from the premium track. I hadn't bought the premium track pass though.

• VitochromeC
    VitochromeC Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1
    Options

I got this error on logging in on PC today and was worried it was hacked? Restarting definitely doesn't patch it

• Thale20
    Thale20 Member Posts: 70
    Options

I just opened my game and the battle pass jumped right to level 85. I got all charms, auric cells and skins out of it.😅

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,071
    Options

Happened for me as well. Funnily enough, it acts as though I legitimately completed it and have everything unlocked. Pretty neat.

• MrSheep51
    Options

now it no longer says error but all the levels are unlocked(I do have the premium pass from prime gaming though)

and it gave me like 150k bp

• LiquicatteKomi
    LiquicatteKomi Member Posts: 1
    Options

I also have had 100 ACs added to my account and have jumped ahead to tier 85. Only thing I noticed was that it had no current challenge selected when I first hovered over the sidebar.

• BigKrazyKag
    BigKrazyKag Member Posts: 41
    Options

Yes the same thing happened to me on PS5 as well. At first I couldn't access my rift and I kept trying and even closed app a few times but it kept giving me an error and returning to the main menu kept resulting in free Auric cells. Now I have 5680 Auric cells and 4,405,000 blood points. I can't really do anything except wait for them to correct this mistake. Devs if you're reading this please look into it. lol

• BigKrazyKag
    Options
  • HPhoenix
    HPhoenix Member Posts: 547
    Options

I completed a rift challenge and automatically completed the rift.

• McMorti
    McMorti Member Posts: 9
    Options

Well i got nothing as login reward today :D

• pyrimidine
    pyrimidine Member Posts: 3
    Options

same here, got 150 auric cells at login, and jumped from around tier 30 to 85.

i also had different amounts of aurics cells when i playing on steam and epic (linked acount) so now i'm scared that this will cause problems :'(

• st0n3rm4n
    st0n3rm4n Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1
    Options

Same here… should I stop doing challenges? Have I lost the Rift fragments now because my game thinks I’ve completed the pass?

• Ravengirl333
    Ravengirl333 Member Posts: 8
    Options

I have the same issue as you guys. I hope we dont get banned. Im scared to spend my auric cells, because before I got this "free" auric cells out of this accidentally bug, I did have my auric cells, which I bought in may.

It happend after I got this have error, after I tried to see my rift progress, then I was sent back to home screen in DbD. I got this message, that I got 600 auric cells, the second and last Time I got 750 auric cells and the rift pass was suddenly complete. I hope it will be fixed soon.

• BigKrazyKag
    Options

Doubtful that you would be banned for a bug in their game which you had no control over. It's like getting a speeding ticket for blowing a red light but the light stayed green due to some malfunction. If you don't spend the Auric cells then they'll probably be corrected eventually but you also said you already currently own Auric cells so you shouldn't be kept from using them. If you were banned for a game malfunction then that would be very discouraging for players going forward to know they could be banned for a mistake on behaviour's end. I would not worry much. It'll get fixed.

• AGM
    AGM Member Posts: 806
    Options

You won't get banned because a bug with an unknown cause happened to you. ScottJund had a bug where he somehow got over 1 mil auric cells due to a bug. Not only was he not banned but they never took away the cells lol.

• Mafiosomoi
    Mafiosomoi Member Posts: 1
    Options

For the people who got to tier 85 for free to they keep it? Just wanted to ask!

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,213
    Options

Can confirm you won't get banned and we are not revoking the rewards, they are yours to keep.

• mks
    mks Member Posts: 29
    Options

I was wondering, what you bEhaviour gonna do. Its a really good way, not many companies would behave. You played it quietly, without any loud notifying people even about that bug, there is never a fully good path to go, the only victims now are the people that paid 1000 cells for bp and not used amazon code. But yeah, always someone would be left as a victim. GJ anyway and stay like that

• Ravengirl333
    Options

Yeah, you're right. Thats true. Thanks for answering! :)

• Ravengirl333
    Options
  • EliskaMM
    EliskaMM Member Posts: 137
    Options

The good bug in the game and ofc I won't get it.. every other bug, sure, but the good one? The game is like: NOPE. So sad.