We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

DBD Killer Timeline

Options
VolantConch1719
VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 1,149
edited April 23 in Lore

Since I have nothing better to do, I decided to put together a timeline for when each Killer's story took place. This took, honestly not that much time, but some of it is obviously questionable. And since a lot of these stories could have taken place during a large time period, obviously some Killers are in the wrong spot, but this is the best I could do.

Obviously, Adiris is the oldest Killer in the game. Babylon existed during 2300-539 BC. There are no clear indicators as to where in this timeframe she falls under (in fact, the gods mentioned in The Maiden Guard don't appear to even be actual Babylonian deities). However, knowing that she became the high priestess after all of the other priests got sick, I think it's safe to say Babylon's time was nearing its end. Her archive, The Maiden Guard, takes place some time before this, and my interpretation of it was the Entity testing the waters with her before she became a real killer, manipulating her into killing her adoptive father, Haban. Nothing much to add there that would change her placement (and I can't find anything of a Maiden Guard existing, so once again, a fictional version of an ancient religion). But since every time I look up Babylonian plagues, I instead get an album from a band called Iced Earth or the Ten Plagues of Egypt from Exodus, I'm just going to leave her at Babylon's end. Either way, she is infected (likely through that toe she chopped off, exposing herself to the plague) and exiled herself. Out of desperation, she made one last prayer to her gods, but the Entity heard her instead and bent her to its will once again, turning her into the Plague.

Tarhos Kovács was taken as a child to serve in the Guardia Compagnia, a ruthless group of mercenary knights, after surviving the poison attempt his mother made to spare him from exactly that. There, he met the Faithful Three that would eventually become his Guards in the realm: Sander Rault, who, for whatever reason, traded a battle axe for a lunk of steel that only resembles a sword if your only reference point is Berserk and would become the Carnifex; Alejandro Santiago, who would become the Nazgûl your parents tell you is at home known as the Jailer; and Durkos Malecek, the only one who isn't overly designed and became the Assassin. Tarhos would eventually break free, but he needed money to free his companions. Thanks to Vittorio's lore, we know that he was hired in 1391 to aid in finding the Lapis Paridisus. From here, things get a bit cloudier. Given they traveled from Italy to western Portugal, likely on horseback, I'd say a few months pass before they find Sintra, maybe a month assuming they literally took no breaks whatsoever, which we know they did while searching ruins. Then, after gettng the Lapis Paridisus, they return to Portoscuro with Vittorio in chains, taking about the same amount of time, maybe a little longer to account for Vittorio's condition. Things get a little less cloudy here as we know months passed before Tarhos charged in on the Guardia Compagnia with a small army, freeing his Pack and returning to Portoscuro to prepare for war. During the final battle, Tarhos and the Faithful Three would be taken by the Entity. If the expedition began as early in the year as possible (which would make the winter weather slow them down even further), we're looking at late 1391. I don't think that's realistic, and am going for an early to mind 1392 to the Knight's placement. All Nothing but Darkness does is give us a deeper dive into Tarhos's psyche, showing how he doesn't believe in good or evil, just those who accept the world for what it is and those who want to change it because they are too afraid of the truth. Nothing that helps establish placement, but still rather insightful.

Kazan Yamaoka, or Oni-Yamaoka was a samurai (though his actions make me believe him to be more akin to a Ronin, or samurai without a master, as his father, Renjiro, was his master and DID NOT approve of his actions. Plus the whole patricide thing). The question is from what time period. According to several sources, a former peasant by the name of Toyotomi Hideyoshi became a samurai and would eventually become one of the leading men of Japan, roughly around 1590, succeeding ODA NOBUNAGA. After this, he banned non-samurai from owning swords, in an attempt to keep Japan safer. You were either born a samurai, or you weren't (however, as Malum_Midnight has shown in another thread, it wasn't exactly enforced very well, so that's something to think about). So Kazan is most likely from before this time, as he was brutally murdering hundreds of peasant samurai. The period that Hideyoshi (Japanese names, at least back then, were family name, then personal name, so Kazan is actually Yamaoka Kazan, but it makes sense either way) ended was the Sengoku Period, from 1467-1600. That's a long time period to work with, but I'd say he's from around the middle of it, around 1530 to 1550ish, but that's just me. (Boy was I ever off)

For a while, all we had on the Deshayes Twins were that they were born in 17th century France. I concluded that they had to have been taken after 1624, due to a law passed in Northern France that required witch sentences to be confirmed with the Parliament of Paris before they could be carried out. Élodie's lore tells us that Madeleine Deshayes' burning was documented, which meant it had to have happened after this year (or it happened in one of many villages that just didn't care about the law). The Twin's archive, Side by Side Forever... doesn't help clarify things. At least, not directly. But the cosmetic attached to it DOES. It comes with a tricorn hat. These wouldn't come to France until 1667-68 and wouldn't become popular until King Louis XIV popularized them around 1685, well within the range I figured. The rest is a bit finicky, but, assuming that's how Charlotte envisioned herself (and assuming the later year as a result due to them being popular then) while on the run from hunters and the Black Vale, she would have to be about 7 during or after that year (the Black Vale caught the Twins when they were 5, and it's stated that she wouldn't have hurt anything two years prior, telling me that they were held for two years... even though she looks the exact same as she does as a young adult in the animation). Their story seems to end with Charlotte as a late teenager so (assuming she's about 18 when taken), they would have been taken by the Entity around 1696. Obviously, a lot of leeway, with the earliest being 1678, but it's more reasonable than it was before.

Kazan Yamaoka. The Oni. The absolute thorn in my side with this timeline. Initially, I had him placed in the mid 1500s, but that always came with one major issue: the Spirit (who was similarly problematic in placing) being his great (x5) granddaughter. Unless the Yamaoka family members are able to live for multiple centuries, this would be physically impossible. But him being from the Sengoku Period made so much sense given his hatred of false samurai and the ban on non-samurai from owning swords, so I begrudgingly stayed with it. Now we cut to today, where he now has his own archive (without a title, as seems to be the new standard), where I finally see that I was so far off the mark it wasn't even funny. The video that comes with the archive shows Kazan raiding a ship with a VERY specific flag shown flowing in the wind. The flag of the Dutch East India Company, which lasted from 1602 to 1799. Trade with Japan seems to have declined around 1670, but assuming Rin was born in 1976 (explained with her archive), that still doesn't really work, so Kazan's story must take place sometime in the later years. It's difficult (actually, basically impossible), to get more specific than this though, so the best estimation I can make is the mid-late 1700s, but well before 1799.

The ENTIRE POINT of the Unknown is that we DON'T know what it is or where it came from. So, how am I supposed to work this thing into the timeline? I mean, it barely shows up IN ITS OWN LORE! The answer is actually pretty simple. I've come to the conclusion that all four of the main theories presented in its story are, at least partially, true. And based on that, we know the first disappearances attached to it were from the 1800s. During a séance, an alien-like creature was summoned into the world.

The Human Quotient, the second released but first chronological archive for Talbot Grimes, makes mention of a King. Following this, the latest year it could take place is 1837, when Queen Victoria would take the throne following King William IV's death. Not the most helpful, but it does place a maximum year, which is something. In the cinematic, I'd say he appears to be in his early thirties, but between the unusually poorly sketched cinematic and having most of his head covered by a turban, it's just an estimate. Based off the Chipped Monocle add-on, we can safely say that Talbot was somewhat old when he was taken by the Entity, but between not knowing what he looked like before his transformation into the Blight and "later years" not being well defined, it's hard to say. Given the East India Company still seemed to have power, which would be somewhat held back by the Charter Act of 1813, my best estimate is sometime before then (which would ultimately put him in his sixties based on the following paragraph and my estimated age, fitting that "later years" statement).

Later, Talbot operated on prisoners of the First Opium War, a real life event that occurred from 1839-1842. Unfortunately, there's really no clear way to tell HOW long he did this testing, but, considering he was sent to Mangalore, which was an active war zone at the time, we know he was beaten to near death and found by the monks before the war ended. I'll run with the assumption that this event happened towards the war's end and move on to the next question: how long was he at the "monastery"? Again, not very clear (I'm really starting to notice a pattern here), but he shouldn't have taken much longer than a year to year and a half. Shortly afterward, he was kidnapped and sent to an opium den, the "monastery" trying to prevent him from going too deep. Following this logic, Talbot was taken by the Entity around 1843-1844, initially as a Survivor that we've simply known as the Alchemist from The Hunger, experimenting on the Killers that he somehow managed to capture. Eventually, he lost hope and was sent to the Void, but he got out and the Entity started messing with him, as we see in Doors Unknown. Eventually, the Entity stops toying with Talbot and gives him the flower he wants, which then proceeds to transform him into the True Blight (presumably, after this ends, he begins using the serum to transform himself into the base version of Blight we have, trying to maintain that form).

Going to leave the above sections for history purposes, as newer (aka been around since Blight's release that I never considered for some reason) information has made it outdated. As the_voices points out, the much maligned Alchemit Ring mentions a reprimand on Talbot Grimes from 1838, a year after I theorized The Human Quotient could have been at the earliest, given the mention of a King. This is instead either an alternate universe where Queen Victoria didn't replace William IV in 1837 or BHVR failing history once again. And given how soon the First Opium War would take place, I can't, once again thanks to the_voices, place Talbot's experiments as taking place then anymore.
However, I can place him during the SECOND Opium War, from 1856 to 1860. Now, I'd say the gap between The Human Quotient and his base lore is much smaller (but honestly impossible to really figure out, given the ONE THING that helped place it being something that literally DOESN'T WORK), but we still don't really know how long he was testing. I believe it's reasonable to assume that it was going on during the entire war, and it also doesn't seem unreasonable to still say he learned the truth of the horrors he unwittingly committed towards the end. I still don't think it would take him much more than a year of recovering at the "monastery" while repaying the monks. So, somewhere around 1861-1862 seems reasonable for him to be thrown into the opium den and kidnapped by the Entity, where he would become the Alchemist during the Hallowed Blight and The Hunger, experimenting on Killers he somehow managed to capture. He lost hope and got sent to the Void, but he somehow escaped and the Entity decided to mess with his head during Doors Unknown. Eventually, when the Entity decides it's done playing with Talbot, is gives him the Pustula flower he was seeking, then overdoses him, leading to him transforming into the True Blight. Presumably, this was a temporary transformation and he ultimately reverted to the basic Blight he maintains with the serum.

We actually have a decent understanding of when Caleb Quinn, the Deathslinger, is from. Through the lore given by Zarina, his Survivor, we know that an "Irish-born inmate" was sentenced to fifteen years for assault in Hellshire Penitentiary in 1860. This aligns almost perfectly with Caleb (and, in another thread, I've gone into detail about how the inconsistencies between their backstories makes sense, but I'm not reiterating it here). Due to Caleb's lore, we know that he was let out early because he was helping the warden. This is where things get a little tricky, because this can be interpreted in one of two ways. 1. His sentence was fifteen years and he was released earlier OR 2. His original sentence was longer, and it was shortened to fifteen years. I believe the former to be the truth. The question is... HOW early? I'd give an estimate of between six to ten years. As Spooky13 pointed out, Caleb's uncommon cosmetics very plainly state that he originally had a longer sentence. Now, I almost never consider cosmetics canon, but I never said anything about the DESCRIPTION of them (unless they are so obviously not true... looking at you Lunar New Year Susie). So, Caleb was released 15 years after his arrest, in 1875. After that, it's a straightforward six years before Caleb realizes he's being used and takes his posse to get revenge, getting claimed by the Entity in 1881. As to be expected, his archive does nothing to either narrow down his story or be interesting at all (seriously, this single sentence took until the day of the Unknown Mid-Chapter to update because I have lost basically ALL investment in the archives at this point).

Anna the Huntress's archive, A Lovely War doesn't exactly help narrow her place in the timeline because she was already well established. She comes from WWI. During the last paragraph of her backstory, it is mentioned that German soldiers are "on the march to attack the collapsing Russian Empire." Notice it says RUSSIAN rather than SOVIET. Germany declared war on the Russian empire in 1914. Instead, it focuses on how she reacted to the invading Germans. We also learn that her father was murdered by soldiers, according to her mother. Perhaps this is the reason why they retreated to the wilderness in the first place. She was taken by the Entity after the war ended, in 1918.

The first Killer archive, Blood, Brass and Grit, gives us a look at Evan MacMillan's childhood before becoming the Trapper. We learn that he is from Seattle and the workers at his father's mine are planning on getting the union involved. In Seattle, there was a union strike in February of 1919. I point this out as it involves unions and took place in Seattle. If the MacMillan workers were trying to get the union involved, then this event either took place already, or is about to. We also learn that Evan's uncle and mother were murdered by Archie an unspecified time earlier. Eventually, Evan's friendship with the workers is discovered after his friends sell him and his sketches out, and Evan begins to adopt his father's brutal methods.

The Cleansing of Crotus Prenn doesn't seem to do much for Sally Smithson's placement. However, her default appearance states that her outfit was pretty standard apparel for a nurse in the early 20th century. While it's appearance doesn't seem to line up EXACTLY with how WWI nurses looked, it's still similar enough. Looking at the state of Crotus Prenn, I really don't think the government would be spending money on changing the nurse outfits (and they were pretty similar in WWII as well), so Sally more than likely (given the two decades between her husband's death and completely losing her mind) started working around 1920, give or take a few years.

"Kenneth Chase was born in 1932 by a difficult labour, which his mother wouldn't survive." Word for word in the Clown's backstory. I don't have to think of dates that sound plausible when it's literally right there. Though I don't really have much else to add here, since Kenneth's story takes place over a long time, it should be noted that he seems to have split away from the Kenneth Chase name from a young age, as in the flashback to his youth we see in Finger of Chaos, he's already calling himself Jeffrey Hawk in his head. Either the name "Kenneth" is too hurtful because it was given by his abusive father, or BHVR did what BHVR does best and forgot. He also seems to have developed his finger fetish here.

With two decades passing between Sally becoming a Nurse and The Cleansing of Crotus Prenn, I believe her story to end around 1940ish. Her mind finally snaps and she follows the Broken Woman's advice to follow up on the concepts of purification from her original lore, purging the "genetic abominations" in the asylum, starting with the person who gave her the idea. After everyone is dead, Sally is brought to the hospital, but presumably crashes the ambulance along the way and got scooped up by the Entity.

Later in the 1940s, Kenneth was becoming quite accomplished at killing animals. The last date mentioned in his backstory is 1954, when he drugged and killed a young man, whose finger was found by his father. Knowing he had no other choice, Kenneth bolted and would eventually join the circus.

During the 1950s, the government began Project Applie-Pie where they performed experiments on what they codenamed: Unknown Venom X. This was, of course, the Unknown. How they got a hold of it is a complete mystery, and it of course managed to escape at some point and made its way to Greenville, where it was blamed for a host of disappearances over the years, including Mikaela and Sable, two disappearances that were NOT linked to it. And it would stay there for a while...

Otto Stamper would found the Garden of Joy in the 1960s. Here, the Ottomarians would do nothing but think happy thoughts, and any dissidents were banished. At least, that's what the cult was told. Instead, he and the Black Vale tortured these people, causing darkness to begin taking the island, summoning the Druanee, or as we know it, the Dredge. As chatgiraffe says, this couldn't have taken too long, given what comes next in the timeline (although, as Smoe points out, this future event is quite literally impossible, but it also likely has no effect on the ultimate placement being in the 60s). So, sometime in the early 1960s, 1965 seems to be the maximum. Otto would convince his congregation to murder each other, and the Dredge picked up the bodies and souls of these angry cultists to become the evil murder turkey it was destined to be. What happened next and when it was actually taken are really anybody's guess, given the lore is mostly told through Otto's perspective.

Ascendance is easily my favorite Archive so far. It's graphic as hell, but is also full of dark humor. It also gives us a reliable timeframe for Doctor Herman Carter. His Archive mentions PAPERCLIP, BLUEBIRD, MKULTRA, MKDELTA and MKSEARCH. Since he has knowledge of all of these, we just have to know when these projects happened. PAPERCLIP lasted from 1946 to 1959, and consisted largely of former Nazi scientists. BLUEBIRD began in 1951, but I had trouble pinning the details down. Something about hypnotism in the official document from the CIA website, but I'm not going through a 29 page document for something minor. MKULTRA is the one everyone knows, and, alongside MKDELTA, it began in 1953. MKSEARCH is the last one, beginning in 1964, attempting to find the ultimate truth serum. Herman had knowledge of it, so it had to have been after this. He was inducted into MKAWAKENING, which he would begin spearheading later on, under his universe's Otto Stamper's guidance (Smoe left a very well-researched discussion of what the hell I'm mean by this that I highly recommend reading about how the two Otto's are actually very different people).

Philip Ojomo's archive, the depressing The Algebra of Infinite Night tells us that he was "born in newly created Nigeria," which not only confirms his origin to be Nigeria like many of us believed, but also gives us a clear idea of when it takes place, as Nigeria was officially created in 1960. I don't think this is actually the year of his birth, but the pure hell he went through occurred a few years after this, which was found by MeltingPenguins. The anti-Igbo Pogrom of 1966 almost perfectly mirrors what happened to him. These events begin shaping him into the Wraith that we all know.

Kenneth, now fully embracing the name of Jeffrey Hawk, goes on for another decade, bringing us to the 1960's once again. Sometime during this, the completely insane story of Finger of Chaos occurs. We can tell this because of his seeming familiarity with everything around this circus, meaning he hasn't slipped up and let the one girl go yet. I honestly can't tell how much time passes after this event, but eventually, he rides his carriage into the Entity's realm. Since he clearly spends a little while traveling the U.S., I'd say this takes place around the late-60's to early-mid-70's, but again, there are no real markers to tell us.

We pick back up for a brief moment with Herman in the 1970's, as the Institute thrived, and he began to spearhead MKAWAKENING. But there isn't too much else to tell for a little bit.

I'm just going to put Lisa the Hag here, in the 1970's, but she is one of the really annoying ones. There are NO markers to tell us when her story takes place (except for a few things about her home being from the 1800's, like the lightbulbs and paddleboats, but she wasn't before Anna), but I'm placing her here since, from what I can tell, the 1970's brought a resurgence of witch culture, which Lisa has plenty of. Even her WIP name was the Witch. But again, her story could have taken place at any time.

A Man Named Boy both does and doesn't really provide much to help us determine the Hillbilly's placement. We have information about some of the shows he watched on TV as a child. The older of the two is "Leave it to Beaver," which ended in 1963. So we know he was likely a child around this time, which works well with older information we have from the Coldwind Farm realms. The Thompson House describes some sort of horrific event in 1972, which matches fairly well with the event of the archive. After this massacre, Boy learns (presumably, since it isn't shown) that his real name was Max, named after his father, like he always wanted.

Rin is the MOST complicated. Her story has no years, no significant events to talk about, and none of her add-ons help. I thought that her baseball cap would be something, but sport caps were invented in 1849, which is WAY before Anna. Then something caught my eye. "That evening, Rin came home from work. She'd stayed late to entertain customers that lingered at the restaurant. As she parked her bike in the shed, she heard her mother's scream the house."

As she parked her bike (I have no clue how to increase the font size here, so bolding will do). What's the relevance of this? Bikes weren't introduced to Japan until 1971! I can't place her exactly, but I can tell her story takes place after this. We will have to deal with this.
Of course, that was no help. As GamingZebra pointed out, the Japanese military used bikes in their invasion of China in WWII. So Rin is a serious issue that needs addressing. She is probably pretty modern, as PigNRun says, since she was working at a young age and her father was a salary person, but we might have to wait for something more concrete with her (got it, as I'll explain below).

In the revamped Ironworks of Misery, there is a calendar that, while faded, clearly states the year as 1972. Given the information that the original Killers are at least 30, we can definitely place Evan as coming from this time, as he would be well into his 60s, and if we assume his father was in his twenties when he was born, he would be in his 80s, maybe 90s. By this point, Evan would have taken over the mines, and would go on to, either on his own whim or by Archie's orders (depending on which lore you prefer), proceed to execute everyone in the mines, and then lock his father away before being taken by the Entity.

If you count the licensed Killers as canon (which I do, and there is a whole heap of evidence supporting this, including outright developer statements), then Leatherface arrived in 1973. Having actually watched the movie that came out in 1974, I know that the events of the first movie (where Leatherface actually comes from based on his last few paragraphs) took place on August 18, 1973.

The fake website BHVR made to tease the Artist known as Carmina Mora mentions how she gained notoriety during the 1970s through her art, which helps narrow her down quite a bit. It also establishes that her murals appeared over forty years ago, which to me stands out. It leads me to believe that we're looking at the mid-late 70s as opposed to the early years (which would be almost fifty years). Beyond that, however, there's not much to go on, so we have to settle for this. The Black Vale, who had apparently been molding her entire life, had lost control of her and tried taking her out, finally completing her transformation into the weird, inky bird lady we see now.

Halloween was released in 1978, and the timeline established in the movie makes it clear that it also takes place in that year. Since the Halloween chapter is mostly based on the first movie, it's safe to say that this was when Michael Myers was taken. Since his lore is kind of lackluster, I'm going to run with the assumption that he was taken after Loomis shot him off the balcony.

I had no idea where to place Lisa Sherwood, our lovable Hag, for the longest time. I always stood by the 1970's due to a resurgence in witch culture at that time. However, in Stroke of Luck, we can see people at the funeral wearing bell bottoms. There is another guy with an afro, African Americans and Caucasians are intermingling with little problem (that we can see), and Pam's English teacher was a "pill-popping bore." All of these were things that happened in the 1980's. Are all of these connections loose as hell. Yes, but it's the first true information we have in regards to Lisa's placement in the timeline. I'll take it.

EDIT (January 17): The Léry's Memorial Institute was condemned in 1983, allowing us to finish off Herman Carter. After his experiments become torture to find mind control (though, let's be honest, they always were), he murders everyone and the Entity finds him, but not before giving Otto Stamper the gruesome fate he deserved (regardless of universe, Otto is clearly a monster).

Although it's been removed from the store, the Demogorgon is still a permanent fixture on Dead by Daylight. As such, it remains in the timeline. When I initially looked it over, the lore we were given for Demo gives nothing for its placement. At first, I believed that it was the original Demogorgon from the first season in 1983, because it made sense from a satisfactory story point, and coincided with how Nancy and Steve were presented. However, Mikeadatrix pointed out that the Demogorgon we have uses the Season 3 model, seen at the very end. This coincides with the mish-mash of add-ons Demo has from all over the show and seems to make the logical answer the correct one. While disappointing from a story standpoint, it works from a logical standpoint and places the Demogorgon in 1985. It's better than it being a RANDOM Demogorgon at least.

The Cenobite known as Pinhead, formerly known as Captain Elliot Spencer, hails from the 1987 Hellraiser movie, very specifically. All of his add-ons seem to add up (besides the Original Pain, which was the first pin in Elliot's skull, and from what I can tell, Pinhead's origin wasn't seen until the second movie). Interestingly enough, I don't think the Entity planned for him to appear. As far as I can tell (with my limited knowledge of Hellraiser) the Lament Configuration can show up pretty much anywhere without explanation. It's entirely possible it showed up in the Trial Dwight was being chased in (since we can see he's the one who found it in the trailer), and he activated it without knowing the consequences, summoning Pinhead to the realms. Perhaps he saw the hooks placed around and decided to stick around for a bit, and the Entity just let him provided he follows its rules.

It's impossible to tell when Lisa Sherwood was actually taken, but she was 16 in Stroke of Luck, so it seems safe to say she could have been taken in the tail end of the 80's to the early 90's.

Originally, I placed Philip in the 90's due to his boss, Azarov. During the 90's, the Russian mob was pretty active, and Azarov's surname is clearly Russian, plus he gets rid of people with very moblike methods. Basing Rattman's statement about the original three Killers being at least 30 years old, looking at his apparent age in 1966 (he appears to be around eight to ten), we get the minimum years he could have been taken from being around 1986. This makes his involvement, however unwilling, with the Russian mob during it's most active time very plausible. It would put him in his forties, but I think he could probably pass for that age range. After Azarov reveals (or, in the old lore, Philip figures out for himself, which I much prefer) that Philip was turned into one of the same monsters that butchered his family a few decades ago, Philip loses it, becoming the angel of death that is the Wraith and being taken by the Entity.

Despite the numerous add-ons he has referencing later movies (and the existence of Tiffany's skin being entirely reliant on Chucky encountering her in Bride of Chucky), Chucky's lore makes it clear he was taken during the final act of Child's Play 2, taking place in 1990. In this timeline, his chant to Damballa doesn't work and instead summons the Entity to take him into the Fog. It also seems to imply that Andy and Kyle are somewhere in the Fog as well, but we'll probably never see them due to the fact that they are minors at this time.

I'm going to place Rin Yamaoka's archive, Steeped in Blood (which horribly butchers her name by the way), around 1991-ish. We know she practiced kendo, but that honestly doesn't help at all, since kendo became popular among women from 1960-1970. We do learn that, during her kendo training, Rin is in junior high. We know that she would later go to Takamatsu University (see below), which is where I got this timeframe. She seems to be on the older end of junior high (14-15), so I added 15 to her birth year (assuming she was 20 when she went to Takamatsu since she does not look much older than that, and found 1976, but that's honestly quite finicky), and that is how I got 1991. Obviously, give or take a few years, depending on the real, unknown numbers. We also learned that the Entity has been trying to get her father for a LONG time.

Danny Johnson's lore is told in the style of a newspaper, giving us something of a picture of who the Ghost Face really is. It tells us that he came to Roseville as Jed Olsen, a charismatic freelance reporter looking for work with the Roseville Gazette. Even though he can't verify his previous work, he gets hired on, and five months later, the first of the Roseville Murders would begin. It's unclear how long these murders would go on for, but eventually the events of Beneath the Mask would occur. Danny loses his mind over being parodied and brutally murders the three responsible, though he didn't credit this one to the Ghost Face because, technically, it wasn't the Ghost Face who did it, instead pinning it on either Tom becoming a copycat or a bad joke gone wrong. Presumably, it would be after this, he films "Ghost Face Caught on Tape," to give Roseville a proper look at the terror stalking their town. A few weeks later, he leaves Roseville, and the newspaper is published on June 18, 1993 (26 years to the day as his release date). When Danny reads it, it is a week old, leaving him to be taken around June 25, 1993.

As I've stated before, I usually don't consider cosmetics canon, but the Legion is different. Joey's Reaper-esque sweater/mask and Susie's pink haired sweater are both seen in the teasers for them and in their portrait. Through Susie, as well as the group photo that sends you to Ormond, we can establish that they were taken in 1996 at the earliest, something that Soldiers of Mayhem doesn't actually seem to retcon. Which, given how much of a disaster the rest of the archive was, is a good thing. I only have one explanation for this, and it's something that others have theorized. Memories vs Reality. In reality, Frank came up with the name, paying Jeff Johansen to paint it. Perhaps Julie saw this and forgot it later, but the image stuck with her. Same for her stabbing the janitor second instead of Joey. That was a traumatic event, and memories are generally mixed during them.

Rin was an issue to place for a long time. It wasn't until January 15, 2019 that it finally clicked in my head to check her university, Takamatsu University. I learned that it wasn't founded until 1996. This made that year the earliest she could have been taken. And she was likely taken later than that. She goes home one day to find her father performing his own vision of Kazan's rampage, he cuts her all to hell, and her wrath, established to have been growing since she was about 15-ish in her archive, got the Entity's attention, leading to her being taken instead of her father.

Based on Sadako's own personal lore, it seems the Entity took her shortly after the second movie, roughly around 1996-97. It seems pretty cut and dry... until you read Yoichi's lore, where she's still messing with him when he's an adult. Giving Yoichi a generous age of 23 (based on being the youngest professor at the university), this would put Sadako as being taken roughly around 2013. Right now, I'm going to just go with this being the Entity starting to reach out to Yoichi by using a nightmare it has access to and place Sadako in 1997 based on the confusing ending to her story.

The Nemesis was created by the Umbrella Corporation for the express purpose of hunting down S.T.A.R.S. members such as Jill Valentine. He appears to have entered the Fog while on the hunt for her, during the third Resident Evil game, which takes place in September of 1998. While our Nemesis is from the remake, the timeframe is still the same.

Torment Creek mentions a storm that knocked over the silo happening in 2003. With the knowledge that the Entity creates the realms from the memories of the Killers and the fact that Max was young in 1963 (or was growing up around that time), we can safely say that he would be quite a bit older than 30 at this time, making 2003 the earliest he would be taken by the Entity to become the Hillbilly.

This may seem odd, but I'm placing Executioner Pyramid Head around 2003-2004 instead of the 90s like Silent Hill 2 took place. Yes, I know. BHVR have stated that our Pyramid Head was ripped straight from the mind of James Sunderland... but they themselves are the reason for this placement. The description for the P3 Pyramid Head says "A manifestation of guilt, this punishing force took shape in Cheryl's dreams and tormented her with nightmarish visions of gore." As I said with Caleb, I may not consider cosmetics to be canon, but their descriptions are fair game. Silent Hill 3 takes place in 2003 (according to 90% of sources I can find, since I've never played the games), and Cheryl (you can't make me call her Heather, even though I much prefer that name) was taken AFTER those events. There doesn't seem to be a clear time she was taken, but I'd say anywhere from a few months to a year, hence 2003-2004. Contrary to Pixel's poorly thought out fanfiction a popular misconception of his lore, Pyramid Head was not sent to punish the Entity, but rather entered into a deal to carry out his duty and punish Cheryl (NOT James) as well as anyone who got in the way.

The first licensed Killer tome to be released, Vain Ambition, seems to take place shortly before Saw II. My reasoning for this is John's condition. In Saw II, he's basically hooked up to an IV to survive, while he's still moving around (albeit very painfully), during Amanda's tome. However, his condition only got worse as Amanda created a game for Grace (which she might have survived, though that much blood loss makes it unlikely). Six months after Saw II, Saw III and Amanda's death occur. However, before she actually dies, the Entity takes her under its wing. The Saw timeline is all over the place, but given the movie's release in 2006, I feel confident keeping Amanda's placement here.

Albert Wesker finalized the creation of the Uroboros in March of 2009 with plans to unleash it upon the world. His DBD paragraph (actually, he's got TWO) establishes that he had literally JUST exposed himself to Uroboros when the Entity grabbed him. So, yeah, a fairly obvious placement.

Our version of Freddy Krueger is from the 2010 remake of A Nightmare on Elm Street, likely because they couldn't get the rights to Robert Englund's character, so they settled with Jackie Earle Haley instead (I know people are going to hate me for this, but I like this version of Freddy a little bit more, just without the sexual predator part. Englund's version got a bit too comical, and I like the burn effects).

Ji-Woon Hak has a very futuristic appeal to him, but I wouldn't say he's from the future. BHVR coordinated their efforts with the producer of BTS, so I figured that NO SPIN must be BHVR's take on the K-Pop group. BTS debuted in 2013, so I placed Yun-Jin bringing Ji-Woon into NO SPIN in that year as well. Now, I know what you're going to ask: What about the neon insanity around him? Well, I took that into consideration and looked up Seoul (where we know Mightee One was stationed) at night in 2013, and the place was Neon City even back then. So it seems that works out. After the first album came out, there is an untold amount of time before the fire that kills Ji-Woon's bandmates, but I'll say around a year between the release and the fire. It could be more, it could be less, I don't think it really matters. Ji-Woon would become the Trickster, stylized by Yun-Jin after the dokkaebi trickster spirits. Originally, I placed Trickster as being taken a year after the fire, since we know the Mightee One board meeting would take place on the year anniversary of that fire (it took me a bit to find the transcript, but Yun-Jin says "It's a year since the fire broke out.") But 1. That's not a realistic timeframe and 2. Dissonance for the Dead seems to retcon this. That, or this was never about the board meeting to begin with. Or the translation's wrong.
Instead, we see Ji-Woon and Yun-Jin on a concert tour in Rio de Janeiro, with a few years having passed since the fire. I looked into K-Pop concerts in Rio, and learned that there were TWO separate concerts during the summer of 2018. Given the rocky relationship between star and manager, I don't think it's too unlikely for their ultimate fallout in the board room to occur about a year later, in 2019. Which is the PERFECT time for him to disappear given he wouldn't be able to fulfill his famelust during 2020. This also makes more sense timeline wise, giving more time for the murders to settle in before the Entity ultimately takes both Trickster and Yun-Jin.

Adrianna Imai is complicated and simple at the same time. Her drones seem futuristic at a glance, but every component to them is stuff we've already had for years. Active Mode seems to use a sort of sonar or heat vision that allows it to see through walls, while Scouting Mode seems to use LiDAR, which is fairly common in the robotics industry she seems invested in. Her methods of acquiring and selling companies may be ethically questionable, but like Jonah before her, something being ethically questionable doesn't mean it makes her a criminal (the disappearances on the other hand would likely be investigated eventually. Once or twice would be a weird coincidence, but the consistent pace would likely set off some flags). As recently as Elon Musk and Twitter, this is a practice that is used today, meaning this can't JUST be some dystopian past. Her skins seem to mention a post-apocalyptic future, but it's difficult to tell how much of this is her being a daddy's girl who doesn't want daddy's fantasy world to be a fantasy anymore and actual reality. At the end of the day, if she is from the future, it's not a very distant one; maybe five years if you stretch it a bit. I feel comfortable with placing her in the early-mid 2020s. She would don the Skull Merchant persona from her father's Brazilian manga (which is a whole other can of worms, since manga literally just means Japanese comic, so it's like saying American Anime; it LITERALLY DOES NOT EXIST) and goes on a Most Dangerous Game style killing spree, eventually bumping into the Lyra siblings and chasing them into the fog. And with her Archive (which is only given the title Sonhadores Sombrios in the pictures) being a disjointed mess that I'm pretty sure includes one of the manga chapters as part of her memories, this is where I leave her.

Based on the security camera footage released during the lead-up to the Unknown PTB, we know it was still haunting Greenville on the day of the footage's release: February 15, 2024. This leads me to believe we have a Ghost Face situation with the day the Unknown was taken being the same day as its release: March 12, 2024. While trying to investigate it for her master's thesis, a student named Olivia imagined the Unknown and the Entity (well, the black fog that causes disappearances that WE know is the Entity) colliding. Somehow, this exact scenario takes place and the Unknown gets taken, VERY MUCH against its will, by the Entity.

In a bit of a surprising twist for me, the Xenomorph is actually NOT the most futuristic Killer like I was expecting it to be. The original Alien where our Xeno and Ellen are from took place on June 3, 2122; nearly two-hundred years before the actual most futuristic Killer. It's kind of difficult to argue with the literal Technical Manual about this, so that is where I leave it.

The Hux-A7-13 was brought online in the distant future of 2313, over 200 years after humanity nuked itself into near oblivion. Thanks to his Archive (which has no title once again), we know that he was shipped off the Dvarka (which is possibly LV-426/Acheron if the Nostromo Wreckage's realm is to be believed) almost immediately, alongside 09, 15, 05 and 20 and the Toba crew. Given how overgrown Toba Landing remains, I don't think it could have been much more than a month before 13 runs into a crystal that rapidly enlightened him. After running into the crystal, he gets the generic "human bad, machine good" trope of literally every single robot uprising story ever told implanted into his "brain". At the very least, he has the unique trait of becoming a reverse cyborg and has no remorse for the other Hux-A7s, but otherwise, it's super basic and safe. After destroying the other A7s and killing everyone but Gabriel (in Sarah's case, I'd be willing to call it self-defense if it weren't for knowing full well it was premeditated), Hux-A7-13 creates a new body for himself, made from alien metal and the cloned flesh of the Toba crew, which would ultimately get torched by Gabriel as the two entered into the Entity's domain.

TL;DR
Plague (Roughly 539BC)
Knight (1392)
Twins (1678-1696)
Oni (mid-late 1700s)
Blight (1861-1862)
Deathslinger (1881)
Huntress (1918)
Nurse (1940s)
Dredge (1960s)
Clown (1960s-1970s)
Trapper (1972)
Cannibal (1973)
Artist (mid-late 1970s)
Shape (1978)
Doctor (1983)
Demogorgon (1985)
Cenobite (1987)
Hag (late 1980s, early 1990s)
Wraith (1986-90s)
Good Guy (1990)
Ghost Face (1993)
Legion (1996)
Spirit (Post 1996)
Onryō (1997)
Nemesis (1998)
Hillbilly (2003)
Executioner (2003-2004)
Pig (2006)
Mastermind (2009)
Nightmare (2010)
Trickster (2019)
Skull Merchant (early-mid 2020s)
Unknown (2024)
Xenomorph (2122)
Singularity (2313)

That took way too long to type. If there are any glaring issues, please tell me. I'll see what I can do to fix them.

Post edited by VolantConch1719 on

Comments

• VolantConch1719
    edited December 2018
    Options

@DocOctober said:
    Just want to throw this in: Max Jr. is Billy's official name, not just "what the Wiki came up with". It was revealed in the Artbook, which the Trivia section clearly states.

Yeah, I worded that terribly. I just find it odd that an official book gives him a name, but the lore doesn't. I usually do refer to him as Max, but this was based on lore, not many outside sources. I'll fix it though

Fixed

• GamingZebra88
    GamingZebra88 Member Posts: 31
    Options
    Uhhhh... You do realise that the Japanese army used bicycles to travel around when invading China in the 30s... Right? And I'd say the spirit is a bit older since Japanese people are less about honour nowadays. And the legion could be very modern. The clown really does throw a spanner in the work but I think you've done a good job placing him. A lot of killers stories are ambiguous about time other than a select few. So the next killer is the furthest back in time by a long shot apparently... Either it's a medieval knight gone mad or it could be a cowboy or a pirate. Thoughts?
  • VolantConch1719
    Options

@GamingZebra88 said:
    Uhhhh... You do realise that the Japanese army used bicycles to travel around when invading China in the 30s... Right? And I'd say the spirit is a bit older since Japanese people are less about honour nowadays. And the legion could be very modern. The clown really does throw a spanner in the work but I think you've done a good job placing him. A lot of killers stories are ambiguous about time other than a select few. So the next killer is the furthest back in time by a long shot apparently... Either it's a medieval knight gone mad or it could be a cowboy or a pirate. Thoughts?

I did not know that about the Japanese army. That really messes up where Rin is. Probably modern yes, but that's all.

As I said with Legion, I normally don't consider skins canon, but I got that year from Susie. Don't know how long she had it though.

As for the next killer, I'm hoping for some type of Victorian era killer. A pirate would be cool though.

• VolantConch1719
    Options

Actually, victorian era is close to Anna. So that wouldn't work.

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428
    edited January 2019
    Options
    No, Rin is definitely one of the "newer" killers in the timeline. She has an add-on called "Muddy Sports Day Cap". Sports Day started happening in the 60s in Japan, so she was alive at least after the 80s.

Also, working at a youngish age on a restaurant, her father working on a factory as an accountant or administrative position, those are fairly modern concepts.
  • Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732
    Options

I do like this, and I feel you did a "pretty good job so far", I will have to disagree with you not counting the Legions cosmetics (I refer to Susie and Joe. I assume you count Julie as canon, if not I will fight you >_>). The Devs had went out of their way to include all (disregarding that you have to buy the last two members who are worth more then the dlc combined) four teens as The Legion. Also the cosmetics change the voice (Frank and Julie being the only two with different voices), while this doesn't impact the game as much, it shows that cosmetics for the most part with the Legion is actually canon.

That is legitimately the only problem I have with this post. Otherwise keep up the good work ^^

I'd like to believe Jeff was also grabbed with The Legion but that's just me

• XxAtomicAlfiexX
    XxAtomicAlfiexX Member Posts: 395
    edited January 2019
    Options

the trapper is from the 19th century (1800-1900) i think.

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428
    Options

Something about Legion, its actually really clear where their spot is in the timeline outside cosmetics. Look at the Ormond realm offering (Damaged Photo). It shows the four Legion members and is inscribed with the date it was taken "Aug. 28th, '96". So, they were definitely around in 1996. Doesnt mean they were grabbed by the Entity at that exact date (maybe a few years later), but their spot is mostly clear.

• DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230
    Options

@XxAtomicAlfiexX said:

That would make him the oldest Killer, which we know is not the case.

• XxAtomicAlfiexX
    Options

There is a vast monster of a man with a hideous grin torn across the mask that keeps stalking my every move. Similar to a hunter, he tracks us, priming devastating traps amongst the greenery. Extreme vigilance and a light step is essential in avoiding the blood-curdling clench of a bear trap or the clutches of what I've taken to calling "The Miserable Smiling Killer". I have but many times managed to get caught in one of these traps. I have nothing but a fear for the feeling of blunt trap spikes grinding against my bones or for the heavy and deliberate footsteps which always inevitably reveal a plastered, sadistic grin. With the traps and the Trapper, it has so far been a constant battle between looking up and looking down. „
    ~ Benedict Baker's Journal, Nov. 1896 on The Trapper

proof for my point from earlier.

• XxAtomicAlfiexX
    Options

@DocOctober said:

@XxAtomicAlfiexX said:

there is a new comment off of me that was typed yesterday but i just posted which is my proof he is the oldest killer.

• Shad03
    Options

@XxAtomicAlfiexX said:
    There is a vast monster of a man with a hideous grin torn across the mask that keeps stalking my every move. Similar to a hunter, he tracks us, priming devastating traps amongst the greenery. Extreme vigilance and a light step is essential in avoiding the blood-curdling clench of a bear trap or the clutches of what I've taken to calling "The Miserable Smiling Killer". I have but many times managed to get caught in one of these traps. I have nothing but a fear for the feeling of blunt trap spikes grinding against my bones or for the heavy and deliberate footsteps which always inevitably reveal a plastered, sadistic grin. With the traps and the Trapper, it has so far been a constant battle between looking up and looking down. „

Time is something that is either non-existent or have little meaning. Benedict is from around that timeline, but since time is wobbly this means the Trapper could have went into the Entity's realm earlier then Benedict despite being from the future. Confirmed by Devs with some of the killers and survivors.

• XxAtomicAlfiexX
    edited January 2019
    Options

@Shad03 said:

@XxAtomicAlfiexX said:

Time is something that is either non-existent or have little meaning. Benedict is from around that timeline, but since time is wobbly this means the Trapper could have went into the Entity's realm earlier then Benedict despite being from the future. Confirmed by Devs with some of the killers and survivors.

that makes little sense to me. we know the events at macmilan estate happen 1st because of benidict's journal so why would the entity take anyone else 1st.

• XxAtomicAlfiexX
    Options

can anybody tell me where it is said the the huntress happens 1st? if its something from a stream or something the devs said then i probably haven't seen it.

• Shad03
    Options

@XxAtomicAlfiexX said:

@Shad03 said:

@XxAtomicAlfiexX said:

that makes little sense to me. we know the events at macmilan estate happen 1st because of benidict's journal so why would the entity take anyone else 1st.

The Huntress exists. In your logic that means Benedict would have to go back in time (or forward) to write something about her. Time doesn't really matter in a place like the universe of DbD.

I will throw you a bone and say that maybe the Entity could have taken Evan first, and then go back in time (forward for you) to get Anna.

• XxAtomicAlfiexX
    Options

@Shad03 said:

@XxAtomicAlfiexX said:

@Shad03 said:

@XxAtomicAlfiexX said:

The Huntress exists. In your logic that means Benedict would have to go back in time (or forward) to write something about her. Time doesn't really matter in a place like the universe of DbD.

I will throw you a bone and say that maybe the Entity could have taken Evan first, and then go back in time (forward for you) to get Anna.

the most i have read is from benidicts journal and that makes it seem like the evan came first but i must be missing a few things.

• Shad03
    Options

@XxAtomicAlfiexX said:

@Shad03 said:

@XxAtomicAlfiexX said:

@Shad03 said:

@XxAtomicAlfiexX said:

the most i have read is from benidicts journal and that makes it seem like the evan came first but i must be missing a few things.

The point of the matter is that Evan came from a latter point in the timeline. Hell, Benedict shouldn't even KNOW what a chainsaw is. Given what time he himself came from. And from what it looks like, the Hillbilly is using the more modern (190xish) chainsaw. Something that wasn't around in the 1800s.

Again, Evan could have ended up there first Lore wise, but he is not the oldest, and other killers could have been there but the Devs could just have made Evan. The OP, as far as I'm aware, was only doing killer timelines (their periods in time before they were taken) not who was the first killer in the realm.

• XxAtomicAlfiexX
    Options

@Shad03 said:

@XxAtomicAlfiexX said:

@Shad03 said:

@XxAtomicAlfiexX said:

i have just gone and re-read his journal pages but the 1st one says he started his search in 1956 but his page on trapper it says its from 1896. in the entitys realm i doubt there is any way of knowing the time let alone knowing you've gone back in time. ######### is up with that im so confused.

• Shad03
    Options

@XxAtomicAlfiexX said:

@Shad03 said:

@XxAtomicAlfiexX said:

@Shad03 said:

@XxAtomicAlfiexX said:

i have just gone and re-read his journal pages but the 1st one says he started his search in 1956 but his page on trapper it says its from 1896. in the entitys realm i doubt there is any way of knowing the time let alone knowing you've gone back in time. ######### is up with that im so confused.

I realized that this conversation does not matter here. As this is not about who the first Killer is, it's about when their stories happened. It has been confirmed in a Dev stream that The Huntress is the oldest (Time Wise) then the others, which means the MacMillan events occurred later.

• XxAtomicAlfiexX
    Options

@Shad03 said:

@XxAtomicAlfiexX said:

@Shad03 said:

@XxAtomicAlfiexX said:

@Shad03 said:

@XxAtomicAlfiexX said:

I realized that this conversation does not matter here. As this is not about who the first Killer is, it's about when their stories happened. It has been confirmed in a Dev stream that The Huntress is the oldest (Time Wise) then the others, which means the MacMillan events occurred later.

ok if the devs confirmed it then there is no point in arguing. this would probably place evans story in the late 1920s or the early 1930s which was what i originally thought before i read benidicts journal.

• DocOctober
    Options

@DocOctober said:

@XxAtomicAlfiexX said:

there is a new comment off of me that was typed yesterday but i just posted which is my proof he is the oldest killer.

The Journal is wrong. It's 1956 when Benedict enters the Realm of the Entity. 1856 is the wrong date. The devs have stated it as a typo long ago.
  • VolantConch1719
    Options

@Shad03, In regards to the Legion, yes, I consider Julie canon. I just don't consider the SKIN they gave to us for Joey to be canon. He is canon himself, just not that skin.
    And about Jeff being taken with the Legion, I would love that to be true, but that leaves a very large plot hole of Jeff's story taking place over a much longer period of time than Legion. I've discussed this in a more in depth discussion that was buried somewhere a little while ago.

• Shad03
    Options

@VolantConch1719 said:
    @Shad03, In regards to the Legion, yes, I consider Julie canon. I just don't consider the SKIN they gave to us for Joey to be canon. He is canon himself, just not that skin.
    And about Jeff being taken with the Legion, I would love that to be true, but that leaves a very large plot hole of Jeff's story taking place over a much longer period of time than Legion. I've discussed this in a more in depth discussion that was buried somewhere a little while ago.

Aw. Well thanks for letting me know. Personally the only thing I don't like about Joe's skin are those pants. Entity please take me away from them. I'll be sure to look for your post, should be easy enough.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    Options

Why not consider Joey's outfit cannon
  • Shad03
    Options

@Aari_Piggy66 said:
    VolantConch1719 said:

@VolantConch1719 I did some looking, Joey's outfit is actually his canon look. If you look at the teaser poster (the first[?] picture of Legion) you can see Joey very faintly with the clothed mask that he wears in his outfit in the store. So his outfit is canon, unfortunately.

@Aari_Piggy66 It shouldn't be canon. But I understand why OP does not consider the skin canon.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    Options
    Shad03 said:

@Aari_Piggy66 said:
    VolantConch1719 said:

@VolantConch1719 I did some looking, Joey's outfit is actually his canon look. If you look at the teaser poster (the first[?] picture of Legion) you can see Joey very faintly with the clothed mask that he wears in his outfit in the store. So his outfit is canon, unfortunately.

@Aari_Piggy66 It shouldn't be canon. But I understand why OP does not consider the skin canon.

Every legion member is meant to have their own look along the theme of hoodie and mask.
    The only reason Frank and Julie have matching outfits is because they're dating.
  • Shad03
    Options

@Aari_Piggy66 I know that, and Frankly, I don't mind that. Just... I don't like Joey's pants.

• VolantConch1719
    Options

@Shad03 said:

@Aari_Piggy66 said:
    VolantConch1719 said:

I see now. Very faint, but existent in the Legion selection and teaser picture pictures. Okay then.

So it is canon. Looks like I have a slight bit of editing to do.

• coleration
    coleration Member Posts: 4
    Options

Hey, came to say you're probably dead on about Leatherface in '74, not just because that's when the movie comes out, but the Vietnam war ended in 1975, and in the first movie from '74, Leatherface's brother Chop-top was in vietnam, but he wasn't made cannon till the second film, unlike his identical twin Nubbins who dies at the end of the first, and who is also mentioned by quote in game, so it's safe to assume, since Nubbins was quoted but not Chop-top Leatherface was taken in '74 before his other brother managed to return from war.

• VolantConch1719
    Options

Finally figured out a better place for the Spirit in the timeline. Of course, it was the one thing I didn't look at the first few times through.

• Rattman
    Rattman Member Posts: 1,088
    edited January 2019
    Options

@VolantConch1719 , check out this stuff about Doctor, which I found on official website.

• VolantConch1719
    Options

Rattman, thanks for this. Will update.

• Shad03
    Options

I will say that The Plague will be the easiest thing to edit in. She comes from the Babylonian times.

• VolantConch1719
    Options

Yeah, she will. But I'll wait for her official release before I do anything.

• Saint_Ukraine
    Saint_Ukraine Member Posts: 942
    Options

No TLDR? Using actual names instead of titles? What do you take me for, someone who reads? Blasphemy!

• VolantConch1719
    Options

I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not, but you bring up a valid point either way, So, sarcasm or not, I will do just this.

• VolantConch1719
    Options

Adiris/Plague is finally here, and also a bit more information on the Hillbilly/Max.

• jesterparty10
    jesterparty10 Member Posts: 1
    Options

you might want to replace the legion, as cassettes went out of fashion by the 80's and was quickly replaced by the new invention of CDs. So they would probably came from anywhere past 1982, and not as far as 1963. And as of Lisa Sherwood, it would have to be anywhere after the 1800s since paddle steam boats weren't invented until 1802. My guess would be around 1860's and 1870's as that's the period of reconstruction, as the sign of light bulbs which was invented in 1879. so common sense dictates that Lisa Sherwood was most likely lived in the reconstruction era, and came from New Orleans since that place was widely most religiously acceptable of different religions. add in the fact that it one of the closest cities to a bog that a village of cannibals can live in without getting caught.

• VolantConch1719
    Options

Susie's hoodie, in both skins, has 1996 on it. Also, the Photo that sends you to Ormond, their hometown, and has all four of them on it has a description that says "28 August 1996" which further cements their position.

Your information on Lisa is nice... except that, until Adiris came out, Anna was confirmed to be the farthest back in time. So it sadly doesn't work.

• GeminiCrow
    GeminiCrow Member Posts: 55
    Options

I must also add that the Saw timeline is also very confusing. The first film might start in 2004, but most of the other films happen with several weeks/months of each other.

Doesn't really add much consequence to it. Love this, though!

• VolantConch1719
    Options

I wanted to wait for Ghost Face to be officially released before I throw him in here, but I'm not going to be here at that time (or for that entire week, period). So I'm throwing him in early.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,211
    Options

Hag not only has no markers with where her story fits, there's also no real link between that and when she's taken.

People love to say she's a young girl because it mentions that elders taught her, but there's no actual link to the incident of her kidnapping.

Beyond that, there's no distinct point of her being taken after her escape, just that she didn't return to her home.

Visually, she has grey hair and is referenced as a Hag which is almost always a descriptor of an old woman. She may have been any age when she was cannibalised and became a cannibal through some dark magic, but by the time she was taken she's been around a long time.

• Aztreonam78
    Aztreonam78 Member Posts: 1,131
    Options

You can be wrong bcs you doesnt consider that the Entity's realm is a beyond time and and the Entity could catch for example the Wraith earlier than the Trapper. And devs once said that the Nurse is the longest killer is in the service of the Entity. About Adiris devs just said that she is the oldest real-time killer.

• VolantConch1719
    Options

This isn't a timeline of what order they were taken, but of where they fit on our world's timeline. Adiris is first BECAUSE she was the oldest Killer. Philip is after Evan BECAUSE historically, in Earth's normal timeline, he came after. Could the Entity have taken Philip first? Yes. But that's not what this timeline is.

• angelchi1500
    angelchi1500 Member Posts: 3
    Options

According to the Hag's lore in the game itself (as of July 2019 on pc) the police were looking for her and the rest of the missing people ("The police search eventually brought them to the old house in the swamp.") and given her add-ons (the mint rag being from her dress), I'm going to assume she was raised in rural/isolated swamps of Louisiana sometime between the 1950's-1970's. I haven't personally heard of a case where a mass of missing people were ever searched for prior to the mid-20th century in America nonetheless anywhere else in the world but please correct me if someone has.

• Shad03
    Options

@angelchi1500

Technically you wouldn't be wrong, but you do have to factor in that the Thompson house, MacMillan Estate, the Town of Weeks, and every other named location in DbD doesn't exist in our world.

There might not have been a mass of missing people in that location in this world, but in that world there are cannibals who took people.

• BSNightflow
    BSNightflow Member Posts: 81
    Options

Baker journeyed on toward the Town of Weeks in 1956, that's for sure. And there's this:

~ Benedict Baker's Journal, Nov. 1896 (displayed to Players after opening the Bloodweb for the first time on a Character)

Well it's not Trapper related, but Baker did mention the 19th century. I think they used this to show the concept of time is messed up in the Entity's realm. This one is not a typo, right? or they should have corrected it long ago.

• DocOctober
    Options

It is as you suspect. Time works differently in the Entity's realm and Benedict got confused about it. 1896 is not typo.