If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

DBD Killer Timeline

Options
124»

Comments

• yaboijewan
    yaboijewan Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1
    Options

Pyramid head is the oldest. He dates back to the time of the gods. He himself is a god

• Yarheeguy
    Yarheeguy Member Posts: 101
    Options

no he's not. he isn't a god

he is a powerful monster manifested by the guilt and sexual repression of James Sunderland which came to existence when he entered SIlent Hill.

and since Silent Hill seems to take place in the 90s, that makes him the around the same time as Legion, Ghost Face and Pig.

the oldest is the Plague and the youngest is the Trickster

but if you're talking about actual age. then Pyramid would be the youngest, since he was born when James entered Silent Hill and went to the Entity Realm after James left Silent Hill, which means he was only a couple few hours old. making him the youngest.

• VolantConch1719
    VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 1,154
    Options

Even that's not entirely right. Our Pyramid Head is (as stated in the Blood-Soaked Pyramid Head P3 skin) "A manifestation of guilt, this punishing force took shape in Cheryl's dreams and tormented her with nightmarish visions of gore." Which I took into account for his placement being in the early 2000s rather than the 90s. It's the same Pyramid Head, but it's also a very different one.

• BraveClem
    BraveClem Member Posts: 333
    Options

and where's Trickster timeline? i know it looks like he's from the future but i want to know amore specific year or time

• VolantConch1719
    Options

When he's released, I'll place him.

Judging by the collaboration BHVR did with the BTS producer, I'd assume NO SPIN is meant to be their interpretation of them, and a quick Google search shows they started in 2013.

Ji-Woon looks a bit more futuristic than that, but I'm also not an expert on Korean culture.

• Yarheeguy
    Yarheeguy Member Posts: 101
    Options

Yeah, I think he's from the near present, especially he's with the survivor and the original survivors seems to be from the near present

so somewhere in the 2010s

he looks futuristic in comparison with the other killers, but in truth, he would certainly fit in present times.

• VolantConch1719
    Options

With the release of All-Kill, the Trickster has taken Freddy's place as the most modern Killer, though he's not as futuristic as he initially appears.

• VolantConch1719
    Options

Completed Adiris's archive, not that it affects her placement any. Unless they add in a caveman of some sort, she will always be the oldest Killer.

• Satelit
    Satelit Member Posts: 1,373
    Options

The fact that this is still getting updated is insane

• VolantConch1719
    Options

I have added Nemesis to the timeline now that he is out. I really have nothing else to say about this.

• VolantConch1719
    Options

Updated with Finger of Chaos, as well as a small touchup to Clown's final placement.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 5,954
    Options

Yo this is actually a pretty cool thread, almost 3 years in, and it's still going. You're working really hard on this.

• Malum_Midnight
    Malum_Midnight Member Posts: 366
    Options

Might as well add this, since its 99.9% likely to be Pinhead

The teaser insinuates that the version they’re using is the first one from 1987. Not exactly the hardest to figure out

• VolantConch1719
    Options

Although I'll wait for his official release before putting him in, everything definitely seems to line up for the first movie, along with bits of the second movie (the Original Pain being the first pin to pierce Pinhead's skull).

And I guess, while we're on the topic of licensed Killers, I will be keeping Demogorgon in the timeline, as he is still a permanent piece of the game, even if unavailable, though I am thinking about removing my rant about it.

• VolantConch1719
    Options

Added Pinhead and did some fixing up of the Demogorgon's section (like I said I was considering).

• DemonetteM
    DemonetteM Member Posts: 2
    Options

Does your Kazan estimate keep in mind the fact that he is Rin's Great(5x) grandfather (at least according to the wiki- they didn't cite their source)? 450 years seems a bit much for only half a dozen generations.

• Alionis
    Alionis Member Posts: 965
    Options

Source is the devs confirming that when Kazan's chapter released.

• VolantConch1719
    Options

I'm going to be honest, Kazan and the Twins have a similar problem, where they have a lot of information to go off on, but practically none of it actually helps place them. But where the Twins have something that actually adds up, nothing about Kazan does.

I highly doubt BHVR actually did research into feudal Japanese history when creating him. As such, his relationship to Rin doesn't quite line up with what history tells us. Hopefully, he gets an archive that actually clears things up down the road, but right now he's in a similar boat to where the Hag was.

• VolantConch1719
    Options

A bit later than I'd like because life is a thing that exists, but I finished Trickster's archive with my sanity mostly intact.

And of course, the Artist will be placed when she releases.

• Bennett_They1Them
    Bennett_They1Them Member Posts: 2,513
    Options

I think Huntress is from WW1.5, according to her war.

• VolantConch1719
    Options

That was from a time when we were debating who Killer 15 was going to be, since we knew they were going to be the oldest by a long shot. Victorian era was one of my guesses, but, as you see, I figured that was too close to Huntress (who was confirmed to be the oldest at that time) to be right.

Then Plague came out, way further in the past than the vast majority of people were expecting. Good times.

• VolantConch1719
    Options

Artist has been added. I appreciate the simplicity of her placement, but there was still some reading between the lines to do.

• VolantConch1719
    Options

Between college being a thing and life just being life, Pig's archive has finally been completed after not having time to work on it all week.

• VolantConch1719
    Options

I don't think I have ever been so confused with licensed character timeline placement (even the Demogorgon was in a consistent three-year span), but I did my best with the inconsistencies between Sadako and Yoichi.

• VolantConch1719
    Options

The Twins finally have a more stable placement in the late 1600's (not early like I originally had them). All because of a hat.

• chatgiraffe
    chatgiraffe Member Posts: 113
    Options

So, the Dredge lore directly states that The Fold was founded in the 1960s. It couldn't have taken more than a few years for Otto to drive the members to insanity and summon the Dredge, and then he has to go find The Doctor, mentor him, and then get killed. So, pre-1965-ish, though the Dredge as an idea could have existed beforehand.

From the DBD wiki: "The Fold was founded on a private American island in the 1960s by a group of anonymous philanthropists."

• VolantConch1719
    Options

The Dredge had a surprisingly easy timespan to figure out for a horrifying manifestation of negativity. Also, some very slight updates to Doctor's wording now that Otto Stamper is a bit of a bigger deal.

• VolantConch1719
    Options

Alright, I guess this is it. I was going to say this when I added Blight's archive, but I figured it would be more fitting to do for an actual chapter. This is going to be the last time I make an update post, at least for a while (not the last time I'll update, but no more posts about it).

For those that care, the reasons amount to:

1) I've been out of ways to say "I updated with [insert Killer name here]" for a while now (At LEAST since Nemesis, looking at how little effort I actually put into that post, probably before that).

2) For a while, I've been having this feeling that the constant update posts roughly every month and a half is annoying. I mean, if this isn't annoying

I officially don't know what is. This has been a passion project since I was a junior in high school (for reference, I'm now a junior in college), and the last thing I want it to be is annoying.

3) Finally, I've just not been very happy with the direction the forums have been going in lately, ESPECIALLY the past few months, probably even longer than that. Sometimes I'll see a unique and interesting post, but it's usually the same 200 posts about whatever the flavor of the month is (right now, it's hating Nurse, before that it was Solo Que is dead, before that it was either hating on people hating on David or complementing David, but basically no actually hating David other than, ironically, IN the former, etc.). It gets tiring and it's almost universally negative. This is honestly the biggest reason I'm taking a step away from the forums: my own mental health. This amount of negativity tends to take its toll on someone.

I'll still update the timeline when I finish archives and new Killers come out, but I'll only make a post if I'm actually, legitimately stuck (it happened before with Hag, though I still maintain I was pretty close with her) or if Oni actually gets his own archive rather than sneaking his way into basically everything else so we can finally get closure on his placement. But beyond that, Wesker's addition marks what is likely my final real post on the forums.

TL:DR - The timeline will still get updated, I just won't say anything about it. Oh, and Wesker has been added.

• the_voices
    the_voices Member Posts: 46
    Options

One massive problem with your placement of The Blight is the flavor text for alchemist's ring, which is a note from the school he attended reprimanding him dated 1838, meaning Talbot must have still been a student during at least part of this year. This must mean he could not have done his experiments on dyer island during the first opium war but he must have during the second (the monocle addon and remark on his "later years" show this to likely be the case). The mention of the king in his tome story is a massive oversight by Bhvr, as Talbot would likely not be employed by the British East India company at a point in time when Britain had a king.

• Smoe
    Smoe Member Posts: 2,483
    edited July 2023
    Options

The Otto Stamper from Dredge's story and the Otto from Doctor's story are not from the same universe, i even made an entire thread explaining why.

• VolantConch1719
    Options

I did actually see that when you first posted it, since my attempts to stay away from this hell have failed spectacularly, and agree one hundred percent, I just had no reason to log back in since I completed Skull Merchant's archive until now (and thus saw this post three weeks late). I still don't think it changes Dredge's placement much, but it does widen it.

Shows how little I play Blight and how screwed up BHVR's history lessons are if I missed something THAT simple. Thank you.

• DemonetteM
    DemonetteM Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2023
    Options

Edit: I realised I already asked about this, so I'll just edit this to add more info:

According to the wiki, which cites a QnA stream, Kazan is specifically Rin's Great (x5) Grandfather. That's 7 generations, and each generation would be usually 20-40 years (the average of how old a person would be before they procreate. Now, if it's following the male line, sure, the men can breed later, but it's not as likely that enough of them had done that to push it back to a notable degree. For it to be 500 years at 7 generations, the average procreation age would be like 70). Presuming it would be the average, Kazan can only be around 200-300 years older than Rin. Presuming Rin is late 1900s to early 2000s, Kazan would have to be 1700-1800s or so.

• VolantConch1719
    Options

"but I'll only make a post if I'm actually, legitimately stuck (it happened before with Hag, though I still maintain I was pretty close with her) or if Oni actually gets his own archive rather than sneaking his way into basically everything else so we can finally get closure on his placement."

Behold, a year and three months later, Oni has finally gotten his archive, and I really couldn't have been further off with the information I had to go on.

But it is finally over.

• Astel
    Astel Member Posts: 618
    Options

This is fantastic! Appreciate your dedication.

• charmless
    charmless Member Posts: 14
    Options

Amanda, or The Pig, is actually from 2003, but the timeline shifts ahead like a floating timeline with the technology. The dates stay the same though. Saw 3 is and always will have been set in 2003.

SAW TIMELINE:

Also, the timeline for Saw, in case it ever becomes relevant is:

2001 for the first Saw movie.

2002 for Saw 2.

2003 for Saw 3, Saw 4, Saw 5, Saw 6 and Saw 3D/7/Final Chapter, whichever name you prefer. They mostly take place within a few days of each other.

(Saw 7 could be said to happen in 2004. It might have, actually. However, factually, it appears to also be 2003.)

The 2017 Jigsaw is actually 2016 from any Dead By Daylight additive perspectives.

Spiral is around 2017-2018 and was actually meant to be a spinoff of the Saw movies. It was made by a famous person and causes a plot hole, however that can be rationalised away.

Saw X, actually the ninth Saw movie, happens in 2001/2002 after the first one and before the second but apparently might take place before the first now too according to Wikipedia?

Honestly, after the 2017 one, there are more timeline inconsistencies; it didn't used to be like this.