We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Chat filtering out words it shouldn't.

Options

Comments

• AbsolutGrndZer0
    AbsolutGrndZer0 Member Posts: 1,204
    edited September 2023
    Options

They have what I call a "smart" filter, emphasis on the quotations. It tries to censor based on context and/or you trying to hide censored words within another word.

For example, in another game I play, there is a motorcycle called a Gargoyle. However, that motorcycle gets censored as it contains what people of the Jewish community call non-Jewish people. Don't get why it's censored (not a slur IMO as a non-Jewish person, but it is according to that game.) Another game I play censored the last day of the week because it contains the letters T, U, R, and D together. There is an in-game title of Bar'sen'thor that gets censored in chat due to it containing a British word for the posterior region.

So, I think that's what is happening here. Tapp? That's totally part of a slang phrase.

• captain_murphy
    captain_murphy Member Posts: 102
    Options

Oh yeah, I totally see what they did. They likely grabbed an off the shelf solution and instead of spending time white-listing terms they just implemented it as-is. I highly doubt they spent the dev resources to try and create their own smart filters.

But this implementation is lazy and unwanted. In an M-rated game where only one platform can even access chat and no one in the playerbase (that I'm aware of) was asking for it, it seems like they just need to pull the plug on it.

It gets in the way of actual communication.

• captain_murphy
    Options

Still an issue. Let's not pretend this is working as intended, that it is a desired feature, or that it is in any way difficult to fix.

• captain_murphy
    Options

The word "stop" was filtered today.

The sentence was "stop looping the killer around the hook".

Come on guys. Get better at chat filtering. Its been years. This is laughably bad.

• captain_murphy
    Options

The chat filtered out the work "hook".

• jotaro
    jotaro Member Posts: 160
    Options

True, i mean how can people be so soft in a game with brutal killing and blood? Yesterday for me it filtered the word ”kiitos” and all the alternatives of it meaning thanks in finnish.

• captain_murphy
    Options

"face camp" was just filtered out.

• captain_murphy
    Options

Can't be using such vulgarity as thanks in this M rated game.

• Starky
    Starky Member Posts: 22
    Options

I've had "gg" filtered out before. Clearly congratulating the other side deserves to be censored.