Killers, please stop dodging.

Comments

• LegitAdventurer
    LegitAdventurer Member Posts: 505
    Vietfox said:
    Mmmh. No, I will keep dodging. Thank you very much.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Fc68Zb6WIcw
    Lol bless up.
  • Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Then please ready up when joining me.
    If you don't ready up, i'll assume you're not ready, and i don't want anyone who isn't ready to face me.

• LegitAdventurer
    Boss said:

If you don't ready up, i'll assume you're not ready, and i don't want anyone who isn't ready to face me.

Gladly! I'm not one of those last minute item switchers
  • Boss

@LegitAdventurer said:
    Boss said:

Gladly! I'm not one of those last minute item switchers

\o/

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@Boss said:

It hasn't really mattered today, join in with no time and ready up, killer instantly dodges because they don't like the flashy outfit or they don't like facing someone who did well prior games apparently.

I try and join with my items already equipped and if ping is good instantly ready up and still get dodged even before I can click ready. I've joined lobbies and watched as they slowly fill up by ones or two's and the duo's elave and it's all solo's.

The killers will dodge the moment they see a single item or cosmetic they don't like it doesn't matter what it is or if it's a super cool outfit.

• Boss

@powerbats said:

@Boss said:

It hasn't really mattered today, join in with no time and ready up, killer instantly dodges because they don't like the flashy outfit or they don't like facing someone who did well prior games apparently.

I try and join with my items already equipped and if ping is good instantly ready up and still get dodged even before I can click ready. I've joined lobbies and watched as they slowly fill up by ones or two's and the duo's elave and it's all solo's.

The killers will dodge the moment they see a single item or cosmetic they don't like it doesn't matter what it is or if it's a super cool outfit.

Oh, no wait.
    There IS one other reason why i would dodge.
    I dodge anyone who stays with red ping after 30 seconds.
    I don't do it for them, i just think it's too easy to kill someone who walks into a wall at 2 FPS for 10 seconds.

Other than that, i kinda wish i could give you a break and get you to join my lobby on ranked. :p

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    @Boss said:

You would be surprised how many times i've been dodged when i pressed ready as soon as i got into the lobby. I've found out that if i wait 10 or 15 seconds to ready up they tend to dodge less.
    Honestly i don't know what's the reason behind that, but it seems to work.
  • katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,147
    If I play against the same person already I'm taking the Dodge
  • Broosmeister
    Broosmeister Member Posts: 281
    That's because killers act like every swf group is toxic to hide the fact that they are not good enough to face organised people.

No more than 20% of every swf group is toxic but they act as if 100% of all swf are toxic. We survivors get that if we play toxic we will ruin the game for other people because killers will lobbydodge, the only ones who don't understand that are the swf who are indeed toxic. And they ruin the experience for the killer and all other swf who play normally.
  • LegitAdventurer
    I played solos yesterday and got dodged 3 games in a row lol. There is no rhyme or reason, they just make up whatever excuse so they don't have to play lol.
  • GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213

I have never dodged as a Killer, however, I can not understand how anyone can argue that using voice com is somehow not an advantage or "cheating the system" when it is not part of the game and was never an intended feature.

I play the game no matter what but it's not cool to act as if using third-party programs is somehow balanced, or not advantageous.

• TheWraith883
    TheWraith883 Member Posts: 66

We will stop dodging when you all enter and press-ready instantly.

• LegitAdventurer

Why is this such a problem? Lol. I mean I do this, the faster I ready up the less time the killer has to dodge me. Unless i'm up taking a bathroom break, washing dishes, vacuuming my house, cleaning, etc. In my 20 minutes of down time hanging out in lobbies between games lol.
  • powerbats

@Boss said:

Oh, no wait.
    There IS one other reason why i would dodge.
    I dodge anyone who stays with red ping after 30 seconds.
    I don't do it for them, i just think it's too easy to kill someone who walks into a wall at 2 FPS for 10 seconds.

Other than that, i kinda wish i could give you a break and get you to join my lobby on ranked. :p

For ping I totally understand and I join lobbies and if my ping goes above 225ish and stays there too long or goes higher I'll leave since it's not fair to anyone else.

• Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775

@LegitAdventurer said:
    TheWraith883 said:

Why is this such a problem? Lol. I mean I do this, the faster I ready up the less time the killer has to dodge me. Unless i'm up taking a bathroom break, washing dishes, vacuuming my house, cleaning, etc. In my 20 minutes of down time hanging out in lobbies between games lol.

Well, some survivors, there's always one, It's virtually guaranteed there's one, that will run the clock.

Some wait until just before the 6 second mark to switch characters so the killer gets locked in.

Knowing that at least on ps4, they can use the time to party invite to use PSNs (see 3rd party) voice in that amount of time, I get a bit paranoid when they run the clock.

They probably shoot chat invites on PC, too.

• powerbats

@Rebel_Raven said:

I've gotten voice invites put into lobby chat pregame before but I don't ever join since those are almost always going to end badly. Those are also pretty rare on pc at least I've seen may'be 20 in all my time playing.

Now postgame I've seen around 40-50 and usually those are flamefests waiting to happen and they arrive just before Steam friend requests do. I've actually met some nice people via Discord that way but most of the time it's COD chat.

• Rebel_Raven
    powerbats said:

@Rebel_Raven said:

I've gotten voice invites put into lobby chat pregame before but I don't ever join since those are almost always going to end badly. Those are also pretty rare on pc at least I've seen may'be 20 in all my time playing.

Now postgame I've seen around 40-50 and usually those are flamefests waiting to happen and they arrive just before Steam friend requests do. I've actually met some nice people via Discord that way but most of the time it's COD chat.

Yeah, I refuse the pregame invites, too.
    It seems so wrong, and slimy. I wouldn't talk, and would try not to use any info to my advantage, but I'd love to know what they're saying.

I'd love to think they're rare on ps4, but honestly, I don't know. My trust in people is slim to none, though. And it's really easy to send a chat invite.

Post game I get the rare one. Weirdly of the few I got, most ended pretty ok even though it was because of people complaining I was camping when the last gen was up, or the gates were powered.
    Or the odd instance when I have to tune my wifi.
  • Boss

@Vietfox said:
    @Boss said:

You would be surprised how many times i've been dodged when i pressed ready as soon as i got into the lobby. I've found out that if i wait 10 or 15 seconds to ready up they tend to dodge less.
    Honestly i don't know what's the reason behind that, but it seems to work.

Odd.

• LegitAdventurer
    Both sides have written this invisible rule book for the opposing side:

Killers be like: survivors arent allowed to use SWF, or flashlights, or fireworks, or cosmetics, or Decisive Strike, or toolboxes, or Dead Hard, or...

Survivors be like: killers aren't allowed to use No Ed, or camp, or tunnel, or use leather face, or the nurse, unless they're a noob, or use Mori's, or... 

I don't get it lol.
  • LegitAdventurer
    I was just dodged 3 games in a row. Woohoo. C'mon number 4
  • Bellysmacker
    Bellysmacker Member Posts: 58

If survivors hate being dodged or hate long wait times then switch to killer. More people that play killer would decrease survivor pool and increase killer pool there fore decreasing survivor wait times. If not then I guess deal with it for now. Also who is to say that killer hasn't already played several survive with friends and your lobby was the one they decided nah I want some randoms for a bit. Guess it's a luxury the killer has.

• Bellysmacker
    Bellysmacker Member Posts: 58

@LegitAdventurer said:
    Orion said:

@LegitAdventurer said:

So this is basically why you all dodge SWF groups. Understood.

If you ignore everything that's been said, then yes.

PS: Next time, just say you're not really interested in anything anyone else has to say. Save everyone the time.

Lol what? I'm not even being rude my guy. The general consensus is that "they're cheating" and that you guys are unconfident in your killers. That's what you all are saying.

It's not really about being unconfident. Certain killers don't even stand a chance at low ranks especially if survive with friends and comms. Killers have their limitations and skill level of the player can't extend that. Pretty much have to really on survivors messing up and failing the loops so time isn't wasted. If killer was so much fun to play then survivors wouldn't have a problem with que times or have to worry about lobby dodges.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

Some people don’t want to face lobbies with 4 P3 Claudettes and Megs with flashlights and Decisive Strike. My friend group has been lobby dodged MANY times and we’ve waited an hour for games at certain points, but do I blame the killer? No. Not many people want to get demolished by a 4 man SWF group.

• LegitAdventurer

If survivors hate being dodged or hate long wait times then switch to killer. More people that play killer would decrease survivor pool and increase killer pool there fore decreasing survivor wait times. If not then I guess deal with it for now. Also who is to say that killer hasn't already played several survive with friends and your lobby was the one they decided nah I want some randoms for a bit. Guess it's a luxury the killer has.

A. I was solo queuing
    B. I play both survivor and killer.
  • powerbats

@MegMain98 said:
    Some people don’t want to face lobbies with 4 P3 Claudettes and Megs with flashlights and Decisive Strike. My friend group has been lobby dodged MANY times and we’ve waited an hour for games at certain points, but do I blame the killer? No. Not many people want to get demolished by a 4 man SWF group.

Oh good grief, the whole 4 man swf with all P3 claudette's/Meg's is way overused to the point that anytime someone uses it you can dismiss it. I play several characters and neither my Meg nor my Claudette if I play them uses DS or flashlights.

Most lobbies i'm in 1 person at most has had DS even for duo's running together it's rare to see more than 1 and sometimes there's none at all. I've been repeatedly dodged the last week with no items, no P3 outfits and people loading in singly.

• LegitAdventurer
    MegMain98 said:

I don't use meg. or claudette. I don't use items. Or decisive strike. Yet I get dodged constantly lol. Back to the whole "invisible rulebook" thing lol.
  • LegitAdventurer
    powerbats said:

@MegMain98 said:

Oh good grief, the whole 4 man swf with all P3 claudette's/Meg's is way overused to the point that anytime someone uses it you can dismiss it. I play several characters and neither my Meg nor my Claudette if I play them uses DS or flashlights.

Most lobbies i'm in 1 person at most has had DS even for duo's running together it's rare to see more than 1 and sometimes there's none at all. I've been repeatedly dodged the last week with no items, no P3 outfits and people loading in singly.

Exactly. It's so overplayed. Killers will say anything to dodge a game. I rarely ever play 4 man SWF, if i do SWF its usually with 1 other person. I dont use Flashlights because of how weak they are. They make you waste time you could be doing gens, make you way to altruistic, and forces you into a vulnerable postion. Plus theyre so easy to counter its ridiculous.
  • Rebel_Raven

Killers be like: survivors arent allowed to use SWF, or flashlights, or fireworks, or cosmetics, or Decisive Strike, or toolboxes, or Dead Hard, or...

Survivors be like: killers aren't allowed to use No Ed, or camp, or tunnel, or use leather face, or the nurse, unless they're a noob, or use Mori's, or... 

I don't get it lol.
    It's not so much SWF killers are worried about, imo. It's the advantages people stack on it.

If there was no SWF survivors would just lobby dodge until they were in the same lobby as their friends, and still stack the advantages.

These advantages are largely chat that isn't included with the game to organize into something the game isn't balnced for. 
    The game is balanced around 4 solos who don't chat with the others. The game is supposed to be anti social, and it's why we have perks to communicate with eachother like Kindred, and Aftercare. 

I'm sure if the overwhelming majority of SWF played without organization, and chat, we might not have as much of a problem.
    But they don't. So they get dodged. 

• LegitAdventurer
    edited January 2019

I don't get it lol.
    It's not so much SWF killers are worried about, imo. It's the advantages people stack on it.

If there was no SWF survivors would just lobby dodge until they were in the same lobby as their friends, and still stack the advantages.

These advantages are largely chat that isn't included with the game to organize into something the game isn't balnced for. 
    The game is balanced around 4 solos who don't chat with the others. The game is supposed to be anti social, and it's why we have perks to communicate with eachother like Kindred, and Aftercare. 

I'm sure if the overwhelming majority of SWF played without organization, and chat, we might not have as much of a problem.

And what about the people who dont use 4 man swf and still get dodged? Some of these killers will literally dodge for any reason they can find.

"Well they had a claudette. I don't fight claudettes."

"Someone had a flashlight"

"They wore ANY cosmetics, even free, starter cosmetics"

"They came in empty handed? Nope too confident. Gotta go."

"They have survivors on the team? Time to dodge"
  • Rebel_Raven

I don't get it lol.

And what about the people who dont use 4 man swf and still get dodged? Some of these killers will literally dodge for any reason they can find.

"Well they had a claudette. I don't fight claudettes."

"Someone had a flashlight"

"They wore ANY cosmetics, even free, starter cosmetics"

"They came in empty handed? Nope too confident. Gotta go."

"They have survivors on the team? Time to dodge"
    Not gunna deny killers dodge for reasons other than SWF. I'm just talking about SWFs.

It doesn't have to be 4 man, though. An edd, ed, and Eddie can be just as annoying and dangerous to the solo that becomes the 4th.
    A 2 man can be annoying. Especially if they chat invite others. 
    Sometimes SWF just isn't worth the headache.

• MegMain98

@powerbats said:

@MegMain98 said:

I don’t dodge lobbies unless I see more than two Claudette’s in dark clothes. I’m sorry but I’m good strain myself looking through the swamp or cornfield looking for an immersed Claudette, just not gonna happen.

I’m not even gonna lie to you, I’m a mediocre killer. I have my rounds where the survivors get no generators done and I have rounds where I get maybe three hooks. We all have bad rounds but if I suspect a bad round with players I’ve previously played against being extremely toxic or FOUR flashlights...I’m gonna dodge. I don’t wanna torture myself playing against that, it’s just gonna end up bad.

• TigerKirby215
    TigerKirby215 Member Posts: 604

@Orion said:
    Why are SWF afraid of playing the game normally? This goes both ways.

Excuse me for wanting to play a game with my friends. Not every SWF is a navy seal team you know.

• Jake_Parks_prince
    Jake_Parks_prince Member Posts: 218
    Sir please don’t give spirit names a bad name 
  • Jake_Parks_prince
    JowDaddyy said:

@LegitAdventurer said:
    JowDaddyy said:

This is absolutely hilarious. You seriously expect us to play a full game against a SWF with communication, torches and most likely DS, Borrowed time and get gen rushed. Nah, I think i'll pass thanks.

Uhh, yes. I do it all the time lol. Solo survivors run flashlights and DS and borrowed time all the same lol. 

good for you. I'd rather wait another minute and get a team full of morons with no communication. Kind of seems like common sense to me.

So you admit all you want is easy wins?
  • Jake_Parks_prince
    Emeal said:

I dont dodge... I guess Im fine then.
    Ill [BAD WORD] Camp tho, høhøhø.

Hey man, do you. Tunnel, camp, who cares. Its part of the game. Your job is to kill the survivors. Kill them however you see fit.
    Uhhh those are pretty scummy things bud it really shouldn’t even be allowed nor part of the game
  • Raizinz
    Raizinz Member Posts: 43
    edited January 2019

@LegitAdventurer said:
    A message to all killers. I never understood why people are afraid to fight any sort of survivors. Are you not a confident killer? Do you think you're bad? I don't get it. I understand killers have almost instantaneous wait times but survivors do not. I can't tell you how annoying it is to wait 10-15 minutes to find a game just to get dodged, sometimes 3 or 4 times in a row.

Stop being afraid of SWF groups, half the time i get dodged I'm only a group of 2 people. Sometimes people join up all at once, regardless of them being in a SWF together or not. Ontop of killers being afraid of specific survivors (???) I still dont understand that stigma. "Ope nope. I can't kill them, they have a claudette on the team. Time to dodge" 

So TLDR killers, please stop dodging us. We understand you find games instantly but we do not.
    -sincerely,
    survivors and our ridiculous wait times.

You get dodged because the second a killer so much as gets a whiff of a 3-4SWF, they're dropping it. It doesn't make the game fun, it's not a "git gud" issue when the survivors have been given an advantage that used to not be present/prominent and things played much differently, i.e. external comms. They didn't put motions in-game as taunts or a way to communicate to those not on comms, they did it as a means for survivors to communicate at the intended level of communication. When you get placed against a group that can ultimately bully you with no consequence, you effectively defang the killer and any purpose for there being one on the map. The reason why Nurse and Billy are so memed against by bitter SWF is because of their mobility/presence isn't something that comms can quickly react to, they're effectively a hard counter to external comms. Time on games has shown that any side that consistently memes "We're fine" runs a 4 minute loop "you just need" 3 people bodyblock a hook and killer drops "to get" sprint bursts across the map "gud" stands on top of a hill at the open exit gate until you try to get close for BL instead of just leaving "m80" removes 1-2 of your perks in the first 2 minutes pops 5 gens in under 6 minutes 40% of the objective gives escape option, winning even though you lost 4 decisives with flashlights and bulbs "huehuehuehue" simply means they know they have it good and are threatened by the idea of being brought down to a fair level of competition. SWF are by far the most toxic members of the community because they know they can get away with cheating the game. Thank god they screened killer perks, nice start.

Survivors were never meant to be this highly organized group, that's why the whole "hurr killers are just afraid of organized survivors" is a dumb argument; of course they do, the game was designed to function with survivors being disorganized in mind, killers weren't made to go up against organized groups with active communication and borderline radar on the location of the killer at any given time, whereas the killer only knows where survivors are through actions that trigger auras, searching, and tracking, which survivors have perks to completely nullify as well (NM, IW, PS, UE, Claudette, never get found).

• Raizinz
    Raizinz Member Posts: 43

@Jake_Parks_prince said:
    LegitAdventurer said:

Emeal said:

I dont dodge... I guess Im fine then.

Ill [BAD WORD] Camp tho, høhøhø.

Hey man, do you. Tunnel, camp, who cares. Its part of the game. Your job is to kill the survivors. Kill them however you see fit.

Uhhh those are pretty scummy things bud it really shouldn’t even be allowed nor part of the game

So is cheating the system by using external communications. Just because survivors come up with some arbitrary rules as to what makes the game toxic or not based upon how they want to experience their games does not mean that it's right and is obviously one-sided.

• Laakeri
    Laakeri Member Posts: 835

@Crizpen said:

@LegitAdventurer said:
    A message to all killers. I never understood why people are afraid to fight any sort of survivors. Are you not a confident killer? Do you think you're bad? I don't get it. I understand killers have almost instantaneous wait times but survivors do not. I can't tell you how annoying it is to wait 10-15 minutes to find a game just to get dodged, sometimes 3 or 4 times in a row.

Stop being afraid of SWF groups, half the time i get dodged I'm only a group of 2 people. Sometimes people join up all at once, regardless of them being in a SWF together or not. Ontop of killers being afraid of specific survivors (???) I still dont understand that stigma. "Ope nope. I can't kill them, they have a claudette on the team. Time to dodge" 

So TLDR killers, please stop dodging us. We understand you find games instantly but we do not.
    -sincerely,

I'll dodge a SWF team that comes in with four flashlights. Obviously, they're looking to frustrate me as much as possible, which means I'll have to play extra sweaty to counter it. It isn't a matter of confidence, it's a matter of annoyance. Particularly considering if I'm facing a SWF team, I'm far more likely to burn my best add-on's, but get the same or fewer points as my reward.

But SWF are a pain in the ass anyway. In solo queue matches, if I catch a survivor at my totem, or they happen to loop me past it, only that survivor knows where it is, and I can focus extra attention on them. In SWF, everyone knows. This goes for trap placement and perks as well. If I surprise one survivor with Spirit Fury, I can still use that against the next survivor, and then the next... except in SWF. Once it's used the first time, all the survivors know and will throw pallets earlier to nullify my perk. The same can be done to nullify Make Your Choice and many other perks which, more or less, depend on survivors behaving in particular ways. With traps, since one person seeing it placed means everyone knows, the other members of the team can move in behind me and disarm or remove the trap they never would have otherwise known was there.

Furthermore, relatively few SWF groups are what they should be. If I'm a rank 10 killer, for example, and a SWF team joins in, I may be facing two rank 1's, along with a 15 and 10. Obviously, for less experienced killers, the match is going to go very differently and far more frustratingly than against four players with more or less the same experience and skill as himself.

What's really funny though are how many survivors, who play SWF primarily, complain that they face Nurse, Billy and Spirit in almost every match. The killer may not have planned to play those killers, but to counter SWF, they are the best choices.

Of course, you know all this, because these are the advantages you enjoy while playing SWF. That you're complaining that another player may not want to play against that demonstrates just how little empathy you have for other players. I'd recommend you stop complaining about being dodged, and make suggestions for how to make matchmaking better, or how to give Killers some other balance when facing SWF teams, or at least an incentive to play against them.

I would take 4 flashlights over even 2 toolboxes any day. You know they are all flashlight fkboys and you are going to have easy game.

• LegitAdventurer
    Laakeri said:

@Crizpen said:

@LegitAdventurer said:

-sincerely,

I'll dodge a SWF team that comes in with four flashlights. Obviously, they're looking to frustrate me as much as possible, which means I'll have to play extra sweaty to counter it. It isn't a matter of confidence, it's a matter of annoyance. Particularly considering if I'm facing a SWF team, I'm far more likely to burn my best add-on's, but get the same or fewer points as my reward.

But SWF are a pain in the ass anyway. In solo queue matches, if I catch a survivor at my totem, or they happen to loop me past it, only that survivor knows where it is, and I can focus extra attention on them. In SWF, everyone knows. This goes for trap placement and perks as well. If I surprise one survivor with Spirit Fury, I can still use that against the next survivor, and then the next... except in SWF. Once it's used the first time, all the survivors know and will throw pallets earlier to nullify my perk. The same can be done to nullify Make Your Choice and many other perks which, more or less, depend on survivors behaving in particular ways. With traps, since one person seeing it placed means everyone knows, the other members of the team can move in behind me and disarm or remove the trap they never would have otherwise known was there.

Furthermore, relatively few SWF groups are what they should be. If I'm a rank 10 killer, for example, and a SWF team joins in, I may be facing two rank 1's, along with a 15 and 10. Obviously, for less experienced killers, the match is going to go very differently and far more frustratingly than against four players with more or less the same experience and skill as himself.

What's really funny though are how many survivors, who play SWF primarily, complain that they face Nurse, Billy and Spirit in almost every match. The killer may not have planned to play those killers, but to counter SWF, they are the best choices.

Of course, you know all this, because these are the advantages you enjoy while playing SWF. That you're complaining that another player may not want to play against that demonstrates just how little empathy you have for other players. I'd recommend you stop complaining about being dodged, and make suggestions for how to make matchmaking better, or how to give Killers some other balance when facing SWF teams, or at least an incentive to play against them.

I would take 4 flashlights over even 2 toolboxes any day. You know they are all flashlight fkboys and you are going to have easy game.

Amen
  • LegitAdventurer
    Killers have imaginary rules for survivors, just like survivors have imaginary rules for killers.

They wouldnt have added SWF into the game if it was "cheating" and killers are going to camp, tunnel and KILL you. Its litterally their name. Why are both sides such crybabies. 

"Gen rushing" is simply survivors doing their objective just like "tunneling" is just killers doing theres.

Does it suck when I'm killer and 2 or 3 gens pop off before i even get a hook? Sure. But I'm aware that it was because I got caught up in a chase and didnt apply any pressure. The same thing will happen wether you're facing solos or SWFs. You don't need communication to know the killer isnt chasing you. Its common sense.

Does it suck when I'm playing survivor and the Leather Face face camps me while nodding his head, sure. But I dont ######### and moan because while I'm hanging out camping with the killer, I know the rest of the survivors are cranking out gens care free, basically ready to escape.
  • TheWraith883
    TheWraith883 Member Posts: 66

@MegMain98 said:

Also, some of them wait until the lobby will start and switch instantly for a FlashLight. Do you know what I do in this case? I wait until the lobby starts and end the game from task manager. They stay in the infinite lobby loading screen and they lose all their items. Love it when they try to fool me.

• MegMain98

@TheWraith883 said:

@MegMain98 said:

Also, some of them wait until the lobby will start and switch instantly for a FlashLight. Do you know what I do in this case? I wait until the lobby starts and end the game from task manager. They stay in the infinite lobby loading screen and they lose all their items. Love it when they try to fool me.

I just don’t get how people are so dim-witted to wonder why killers lobby dodge SWF with dark clothes and flashlights, especially when they last second switch. We all want to have a fun game and if I have a feeling a SWF group is gonna try to bully me then I won’t play that round. Unless I’m feeling mean and want to bring in the most powerful add-ons, perks, and a mori.

• Jake_Parks_prince
    Raizinz said:

So is cheating the system by using external communications. Just because survivors come up with some arbitrary rules as to what makes the game toxic or not based upon how they want to experience their games does not mean that it's right and is obviously one-sided.

It really isn’t at all cheating I don’t even see how SWF is considered cheating in any way shape or form the fact you think it is baffles me
  • PiiFree
    PiiFree Member Posts: 1,154
    edited January 2019

OP, you seem to confuse SWF with using external softwares to communicate with each other.

Killers don't care about SWF as this doesn't really provide any seriously unfair advantages. It's because SWFs use external third party softwares to gain advantages that they otherwise would not get.

With the ability to globally communicate with each other you get access to informations that you would otherwise never have. We all know that knowledge is a very important part in DbD, if not the most important one. Knowing where the Killer is, where the survivors are, what gens are being worked on, where the totems are, where the pallets are gone ect. is gamebreaking, simply put.

It really shouldn't surprise you that Killers try to avoid such players. It's similar to playing PUBG against someone that has a ghosting friend that keeps telling them where you are and what you're doing.

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371
    Never
  • Rebel_Raven
    PiiFree said:

OP, you seem to confuse SWF with using external softwares to communicate with each other.

Killers don't care about SWF as this doesn't really provide any seriously unfair advantages. It's because SWFs use external third party softwares to gain advantages that they otherwise would not get.

With the ability to globally communicate with each other you get access to informations that you would otherwise never have. We all know that knowledge is a very important part in DbD, if not the most important one. Knowing where the Killer is, where the survivors are, what gens are being worked on, where the totems are, where the pallets are gone ect. is gamebreaking, simply put.

It really shouldn't surprise you that Killers try to avoid such players. It's similar to playing PUBG against someone that has a ghosting friend that keeps telling them where you are and what you're doing.

While I agree with you that SWF in and of itself isn't bad, it's more the external communication to get an advantage no one in the game should have, SWF basically have a monopoly on doing that.
    It's getting to the point that it's the same thing,  unfortunately.

Until there's enough SWF not using what amounts to steroids, all of them are going to catch flak for it in being more likely dodged.
  • Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

If you don't understand why killers dodge then you clearly don't play killer at rank 1 at all. Maybe you should to understand why.

As long as this game is as unbalanced for killers as it has been for a long time now, dodges will still happen. It's the only answer when devs refuse to balance properly.

• Rebel_Raven
    Kinda funny story. Back from break, I started my rituals. 

I load into a lobby. Not so immersed Claudette as I had to open the gate as her. No items.

2 people either had a toolbox or med kit. I look at the third, Kate, and hope to myself she won't grab anything. 
    A few seconds later... pop. Toolbox. 

And I think to myself, the killer is probably going to grab a mori. I hope he doesn't because it seems like he's being goaded into it.
    Sure enough, at the least, freddy brought a green mori.
    Wasn't used on me thankfully. 
  • micsan
    micsan Member Posts: 95

SWF dodging is going to kill this game, it almost already has...The fact that SWF is so toxic right now is a result of SWF dodging.

Most people who are casual players have already quit because SWF is not an option. Who in their right mind will continue to play a game with 10-15 minute queue times? Only toxic tryhards that don't care about the wait time.

If SWF is not an option, I'm not going to play killer, not going to play solo, not going to play duo, I'm going to play something else.

I keep coming back to these forums in hopes of learning that these issues will be fixed, but this very thread makes me think that this is not in the near future.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    No.