Killers, please stop dodging.

A message to all killers. I never understood why people are afraid to fight any sort of survivors. Are you not a confident killer? Do you think you're bad? I don't get it. I understand killers have almost instantaneous wait times but survivors do not. I can't tell you how annoying it is to wait 10-15 minutes to find a game just to get dodged, sometimes 3 or 4 times in a row.

Stop being afraid of SWF groups, half the time i get dodged I'm only a group of 2 people. Sometimes people join up all at once, regardless of them being in a SWF together or not. Ontop of killers being afraid of specific survivors (???) I still dont understand that stigma. "Ope nope. I can't kill them, they have a claudette on the team. Time to dodge" 

So TLDR killers, please stop dodging us. We understand you find games instantly but we do not.
-sincerely,
survivors and our ridiculous wait times.

Comments

• LegitAdventurer
    LegitAdventurer Member Posts: 505
    Master said:

@LegitAdventurer said:
    A message to all killers. I never understood why people are afraid to fight any sort of survivors. Are you not a confident killer? Do you think you're bad? I don't get it. I understand killers have almost instantaneous wait times but survivors do not. I can't tell you how annoying it is to wait 10-15 minutes to find a game just to get dodged, sometimes 3 or 4 times in a row.

Stop being afraid of SWF groups, half the time i get dodged I'm only a group of 2 people. Sometimes people join up all at once, regardless of them being in a SWF together or not. Ontop of killers being afraid of specific survivors (???) I still dont understand that stigma. "Ope nope. I can't kill them, they have a claudette on the team. Time to dodge" 

So TLDR killers, please stop dodging us. We understand you find games instantly but we do not.
    -sincerely,
    survivors and our ridiculous wait times.

Im not confident at all when I play unviable killers because I know its up to the survivors whether I lose or win.
    And tell me, why should I go against a SWF that clearly wants to bully me? Nah thanks, I will dodge and hand that group onto the next nurse/billy that wanna deal with them.

Oh and btw, no killers dodges because of claudette, you wouldnt be able to find a game for hours probably :wink:

Also I thought survivor queue times are instant because killers got buffed so hard for ez 4ks that everybody wants to play killer?

Not at all my guy. Survivors queue times always take forever. They generally take give or take 5-15 minutes to find matches, just to get dodged and start all over lol.
  • TrueKn1ghtmar3
    TrueKn1ghtmar3 Member Posts: 1,143
    Lol I'm not afraid of your little swf I'll just kill you all and if ik you are I'll make sure atleast one of you die
  • LegitAdventurer
    Lmao

Yeah, no. If you use chat outside the game, you're basically cheating, and people don't like being cheated.
    We don't know if you are until we're in the game, but most SWFs do use outside help.

So why on earth should we have to roll the dice on if we're going to get cheated out of a fair game when odds are you are going to cheat us?
    What's in it for us? Why should we have to put up with a difficulty spike?

It's getting to the point where I have to roll the dice on if a SWF is going to be filled with #########, sweaty tryhards, and/or people using outside chat.

And don't get me started on mixed rank SWFs where you aren't even the same color in rank, and letting the higher rank prey on lower rank killers.

I'm not saying you and your homies pull the bullshit I mentioned, but too many others do to instantly have the trust of the killers that dodge you.

We care about your wait times about as much as SWF cares about the fun of a killer, and that's slim to none.

We can agree to disagree. How is chatting with your team cheating? Lol most everything in this game is discernable with or without outside chat. As someone who plays both killer and survivor, i don't have much of a differenc playing against randoms than I do playing against SWF.

And yeah sweaty tea bagging try hards are annoying to fight but oh so much more satisfying when you down and kill them. Plus, whats the point in pub stomping randoms? Id much rather get better at the game and play against talented, coordinated players. Makes the game much more fun than just, say walking all over easy noobs.
  • LegitAdventurer
    Orion said:

Why are SWF afraid of playing the game normally? This goes both ways.

What does this even mean?
    It means SWFs usually break the game by using outside communication, abuse matchmaking so higher ranks can go against lower rank killers, and generally have far better resources than the killers they VS. Just to list a few things.
    This isn't normal gameplay. 
    Playing with your lower rank friends isnt cheating, its just playing with your friends lol. Am I not supposed to play with my friends who just purchased the game to "spare" the killers feelings? I'm a rank 1 survivor and killer, mainly because it is just way too easy to rank up. Sometimes I have to play against tryhard survivors with my level 5 Trapper lol. Doesn't stop me from playing the game anyway. 

And neither is using outside chat. If it was something the devs didnt want to happen they would cancel it, just like they did in the earlier days of Friday The 13th, which they also have taken that concept away because playing team games without communicating with your team just isnt as fun.
  • I dont dodge... I guess Im fine then.
    Ill ######### Camp tho, høhøhø.

• LegitAdventurer
    Emeal said:

I dont dodge... I guess Im fine then.
    Ill [BAD WORD] Camp tho, høhøhø.

Hey man, do you. Tunnel, camp, who cares. Its part of the game. Your job is to kill the survivors. Kill them however you see fit.
  • inkedsoulz
    inkedsoulz Member Posts: 93

Survivor Queues are really fast, much faster than killer queues... Dont know what you are talking about survivor queues being slow.

• LegitAdventurer
    I'm sorry but if you think communicating with your team is cheating thats just incorrect. Thats like saying call of duty with friends is cheating if the other team isnt using mics. Or Overwatch,  or Friday the 13th etc.

Master said:

@LegitAdventurer said:
    Rebel_Raven said:

Lmao

Yeah, no. If you use chat outside the game, you're basically cheating, and people don't like being cheated.
    We don't know if you are until we're in the game, but most SWFs do use outside help.

So why on earth should we have to roll the dice on if we're going to get cheated out of a fair game when odds are you are going to cheat us?

It's getting to the point where I have to roll the dice on if a SWF is going to be filled with #########, sweaty tryhards, and/or people using outside chat.

And don't get me started on mixed rank SWFs where you aren't even the same color in rank, and letting the higher rank prey on lower rank killers.

I'm not saying you and your homies pull the bullshit I mentioned, but too many others do to instantly have the trust of the killers that dodge you.

We care about your wait times about as much as SWF cares about the fun of a killer, and that's slim to none.

We can agree to disagree. How is chatting with your team cheating? Lol most everything in this game is discernable with or without outside chat. As someone who plays both killer and survivor, i don't have much of a differenc playing against randoms than I do playing against SWF.

And yeah sweaty tea bagging try hards are annoying to fight but oh so much more satisfying when you down and kill them. Plus, whats the point in pub stomping randoms? Id much rather get better at the game and play against talented, coordinated players. Makes the game much more fun than just, say walking all over easy noobs.

Well technically you are using a third party program (ts/discord) to gain an ingame advantage. Yeah yeah you wont get banned, but you know what we mean.. Fact is that playing against SWF usually is quite unfun, either they genrush you ala depip squad or they throw each other at the hook while clickin at you ala ochido-gang.....

Throwing at the hook can be countered, honestly, i love when survivors do that to me. Easy damage, yeah i lose a hook but i also just gained a huge advantage. And as a survivor I body block hooks wether I'm solo queuing or SWF. I'm not claiming to be the best killer, or survivor around. Suffice to say I'm just pretty causal player but playing solo queue vs playing with teams I play the game exactly the same as I would with randoms than I do SWF's. I dont need to hear "killers on me" to notice that the killer is chasing someone. Especially with so many potential sensory perks on the survivors. 
  • LegitAdventurer

Survivor Queues are really fast, much faster than killer queues... Dont know what you are talking about survivor queues being slow.

Killer queues are legitimately instant, within 15 seconds i have a full lobby. Survivors are not, with both SWF and solo queue. I'm on PS4. It may be different on other platforms.
  • LegitAdventurer
    Orion said:

You can explain away every single complaint from your PoV, but it won't matter. People want games to be fun. If you make their games unfun, they'll dodge.

I play both sides though. So I see both sides. I just don't understand the complaints y'all have. Sure,  being tea bagged isnt fun. But randoms will tea bag just as much as an SWF group would. Because its the same thing. I personally don't tea bag killers ever cuz it's just rude and gives the survivors an unnecessary disadvantage lol.
  • LegitAdventurer
    Orion said:

Why are SWF afraid of playing the game normally? This goes both ways.

What does this even mean?
    It means SWFs usually break the game by using outside communication, abuse matchmaking so higher ranks can go against lower rank killers, and generally have far better resources than the killers they VS. Just to list a few things.
    This isn't normal gameplay. 
    Playing with your lower rank friends isnt cheating, its just playing with your friends lol. Am I not supposed to play with my friends who just purchased the game to "spare" the killers feelings? I'm a rank 1 survivor and killer, mainly because it is just way too easy to rank up. Sometimes I have to play against tryhard survivors with my level 5 Trapper lol. Doesn't stop me from playing the game anyway. 

And neither is using outside chat. If it was something the devs didnt want to happen they would cancel it, just like they did in the earlier days of Friday The 13th, which they also have taken that concept away because playing team games without communicating with your team just isnt as fun.
    A rank 1 survivor, nevermind a few of them should not be vs a rank 15 killer.
    Mixed rank SWFs vs a killer matched with the lowest, or next lowest rank are common.
    Rarely we get 4 red ranks vs a rank 18 killer.

Spare the killer's feelings? Coming from the guy upset that killers dodge them? Why should killers spare your feelings? That's some irony for you .

Hey, you do you. You like the challenge? Go for it. Doesn't mean much of anything to me. 

And it's not like you're a low rank killer getting stomped on by newbies.
    It's pretty different when red ranks dodge red ranks and people who aren't red dodge because they might face survivors who are a different color rank.

How, exactly would DBD devs stop 3rd party voice chat? Or even prove it's being used?

P.s. chat is basically cheating since it isn't in the game at all during a trial, and the game isn't really balanced for it.
    Friday canceled the ability to be in party chat while loading into a game in the early stages of the game,they quickly reversed this because they realized it made the game less fun. So it is definitely possible.

And sparing feelings in game is entirely different than just assuming the survivors are going to be scummy before even starting a game lol. 
  • LegitAdventurer
    edited January 2019
    Orion said:

@LegitAdventurer said:
    I play both sides though. So I see both sides. I just don't understand the complaints y'all have. Sure,  being tea bagged isnt fun. But randoms will tea bag just as much as an SWF group would. Because its the same thing. I personally don't tea bag killers ever cuz it's just rude and gives the survivors an unnecessary disadvantage lol.

I didn't say "sides". I mean your personal PoV. You don't understand the complaints because you're only looking at it from your personal PoV.
    Randoms do not teabag as much as SWF groups. On average, rounds with SWF are less fun than rounds without SWF.

They are literally the same players my guy. I play both SWF and randoms. Just like everyone else lol. There isnt some hidden objective that says SWF'S must teabag. The same people who play SWF are the same survivors who play solos. Jafeel?

And fun is in the eyes of the beholder I guess. Just because you don't get a 4k doesn't mean you cant have fun.

A friend of mine, who streams casually plays solo queue and is the scummiest player alive. Constantly tea bagging, uses that laurie sensory perk so the killer can see him at all times and he legit chases the killlers around being toxic as fuuuu- he much prefers solos over SWF. So it happens on both sides. 

I feel ya though, i hate playing against scummy survivors. Doesn't mean I'm just gonna dodge every game I run into because they MIGHT be a SWF. Or they MIGHT be scummy. If that were the case I would never be able to play the game hahaha
  • LegitAdventurer
    edited January 2019
    Possible for what? Friday doesn't factor in. 
    Dead by daylight has no mid trial chat at all.
    It is supposed to be antisocial, even between survivors:
    Friday is basically the same exact game as DBD. Sure there is the "walkie talkie" item in game, but other than that, it is almost the exact same game. And when that game first came out, if you were in a party the game would automatically change your party settings to "In Game" and not let you change them to "party chat", but they quickly reverted that because team communication just makes games more fun. So it is possible to prevent the use of Party Chat if they wanted too.
  • LegitAdventurer
    edited January 2019
    JowDaddyy said:

This is absolutely hilarious. You seriously expect us to play a full game against a SWF with communication, torches and most likely DS, Borrowed time and get gen rushed. Nah, I think i'll pass thanks.

Uhh, yes. I do it all the time lol. Solo survivors run flashlights and DS and borrowed time all the same lol. 

Edit: DS can be countered by dribbling. Borrowed time is countered by not camping. And touches are the easiest to counter, you litterally just look up lol.
  • JowDaddyy
    JowDaddyy Member Posts: 19

@XxAtomicAlfiexX said:
    i dodge swf because a swf in the green ranks on ps4 means your playing against a team of 3 red rankers and a green ranker who play incredibly toxicly and ruin the game completely for me. your pretty much asking me why i would avoid being stressed out for the rest of the day because thats how bad it can be. as a trapper main my only defense against swf is the basement and even that isnt a good counter. peoples answers can vary. rank 1 killers wont have the same problem as me but his situation can be just as bad. 4 info sharing, toxic survs against 1 killer who cant keep track of them is impossible to deal with.

great summary of swf.

• LegitAdventurer
    edited January 2019
    Aa
  • LegitAdventurer
    edited January 2019
    Are you not a confident killer? Do you think you're bad? 
    So this is basically why you all dodge SWF groups. Understood.
  • LegitAdventurer
    Orion said:

@LegitAdventurer said:

If you ignore everything that's been said, then yes.
    PS: Next time, just say you're not really interested in anything anyone else has to say. Save everyone the time.

Lol what? I'm not even being rude my guy. The general consensus is that "they're cheating" and that you guys are unconfident in your killers. That's what you all are saying.
  • LegitAdventurer
    Per example. I believe I'm currently only a rank 8( purple rank) as killer since ive been playing less frequently since the reset. I played against all red ranks and 1 green rank. I dont really think they did anything that should be considered "cheating" but I guess you guys would disagree. I ended up hooking every single person 2 times a piece and then they all escaped and got away. Thats a win in my book. They weren't tea bagging a-holes. It was just a relatively decent back and forth. I consider that winning as a killer.

I understand all games arent like this as I too have played against the colorful hair teabaggers who chase the killer while his friends do gens. Thats an easy counter tho as long as you don't camp or tunnel.
  • XxAtomicAlfiexX
    XxAtomicAlfiexX Member Posts: 395

@JowDaddyy said:

@XxAtomicAlfiexX said:
    i dodge swf because a swf in the green ranks on ps4 means your playing against a team of 3 red rankers and a green ranker who play incredibly toxicly and ruin the game completely for me. your pretty much asking me why i would avoid being stressed out for the rest of the day because thats how bad it can be. as a trapper main my only defense against swf is the basement and even that isnt a good counter. peoples answers can vary. rank 1 killers wont have the same problem as me but his situation can be just as bad. 4 info sharing, toxic survs against 1 killer who cant keep track of them is impossible to deal with.

great summary of swf.

was that sarcasm or not?

• JowDaddyy
    JowDaddyy Member Posts: 19

@XxAtomicAlfiexX said:

@JowDaddyy said:

@XxAtomicAlfiexX said:

great summary of swf.

was that sarcasm or not?

no, it was genuine. it's a spot on explanation of the issues we have to deal with.

• XxAtomicAlfiexX

@JowDaddyy said:

@XxAtomicAlfiexX said:

@JowDaddyy said:

@XxAtomicAlfiexX said:

great summary of swf.

was that sarcasm or not?

no, it was genuine. it's a spot on explanation of the issues we have to deal with.

ok thanks. i there is a lot of sarcasm on this site and it can be hard to pick up on it when its written.

• TheDarkWall
    TheDarkWall Member Posts: 132
    edited January 2019

I don't really dodge often, pretty much if I get a p3 claudette squad or some equivalent, ######### that. Even then I don't always dodge the camo squads. I do understand people avoiding the obvious kick in the dick that SWF groups are when they don't suck. Idk I'm kinda mixed on this issue. I mean SWF does give unnatural levels of coordination that can be annoying, but it doesn't feel that bad unless I'm playing weaker killers like legion or freddy.

• ShyN3ko
    ShyN3ko Member Posts: 1,616

Voice chat in DbD = they can do perfect gen rush
    And i can be the best killer in the world.
    If i dont play nurse vs SWF, i can lose.
    And it doesnt matter what i do.

PS:

My killer lobby time is most of the time 10 - 30 min.
    To be fair, today my killer lobby time is only 1 min.
    My survivor lobby time is 5 seconds.

• TrueKn1ghtmar3
    TrueKn1ghtmar3 Member Posts: 1,143
    Lmao

Becsuse when you tell your pals where the killer is, what they're doing, where their totems are, tell your homies what loadout the killer has in the event you die, you gain several free perks, and info you shouldn't even have.
    It's cheating, bluntly. 

I like having a fair shake in my games. Even odds. 

Enjoy the challenge all you want. I'm a bit too casual, and under equipped to want to go tryhard. 

Frankly if your are breaking the game to beat me, you have no room to talk about my skill.
    It's not like it is hard to figure out what perks the killer/survs are running just learn the perks and watch to see what they use.
  • XxAtomicAlfiexX
    edited January 2019

@LegitAdventurer said:
    XxAtomicAlfiexX said:

see what I mean. I spent half the game chasing that rank 2. I thought there was a swf but I decided not to dodge because of the discussion and look where that got me. [BAD WORD] rank 2s. I know there are other people below my rank but how was I supposed to know I was chasing the rank 2. How was I supposed to know there was a rank 2. I assumed there was but that might of been incorrect. It was my 1st game of killer for a while and even longer as trapper (I was playing legion) and I do consider that a win (a 2k and above is a win  for me). still though. They were 10 ranks above me. It's bullshit. And yet people get annoyed when I dodge it.

I mean. I don't disageee it kinda sucks that you're facing a rank 2 but you're also facing others like alot higher than you as well. A rank 16? 20? They're noobs lol. In any game, rank or not if you get caught in chase with a survivor for more than a minute or 2 you should always back off and go patrol gens and other chases. A big part of killer is catching someone off guard. Jafeel?

did you read what i wrote? also half was an exaggeration. there was 1 gen left when i was chasing but it took forever for it to get done for some reason.

Post edited by XxAtomicAlfiexX on
  • Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
    Lmao

Becsuse when you tell your pals where the killer is, what they're doing, where their totems are, tell your homies what loadout the killer has in the event you die, you gain several free perks, and info you shouldn't even have.
    It's cheating, bluntly. 

I like having a fair shake in my games. Even odds. 

Enjoy the challenge all you want. I'm a bit too casual, and under equipped to want to go tryhard. 

Frankly if your are breaking the game to beat me, you have no room to talk about my skill.
    It's not like it is hard to figure out what perks the killer/survs are running just learn the perks and watch to see what they use.
    Well, if it's all the same to you, I'd like it to stay secret to each individual until they are dead, or escaped.
  • Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
    The dodge isnt just swf but items as well. Keys can have a horrible impact on your game as killer and on some maps locating the hatch can be very easy cough badham cough.

Then theirs the speed of gens advantage an swf vs randoms can have which is awful considering gens already get done really fast with randoms. Some swfs also give you guys an awful name 4 ultra rare instas bnps etc can make a lot of killer games horrible. 

I've encountered object of obssesion swfs who just use one survivours as a uav and have the obssesion hug the most loopable locations on the map. Stacking fogs and co ordinated flashlight ds squads can make a lot of games even worse if your struggling as killer.

Its also really popular for survivours to be toxic so a lot of survivours have no honour code at all. Focusing more on getting highlights and making plays that boil down to some heavy exploitation of abilities and powers that werent meant to be as strong as they were adreanline on comms for instance can be timed for devasating results. 

Imagine if i complained that survivours should go in itemless and perkless that's ridiclous. Often thats the kind of difficulty you face around a few swfs. Not all will be playing at a high level but it only takes one or two really awfull killers vs swf to throw you off playing killer. 
  • ForeheadSurviors
    ForeheadSurviors Member Posts: 154
    edited January 2019
    Are you not a confident killer? Do you think you're bad? 

People don’t like a challenge but like to consider themselves  “good” .
  • Morfedel
    Morfedel Member Posts: 231

they should either remove SWF from the game, or when the game detects SWF groups coming in, give the killer some kind of buff.