Killers, please stop dodging.

12346»

Comments

• LegitAdventurer
    LegitAdventurer Member Posts: 505
    Lmao

And don't get me started on mixed rank SWFs where you aren't even the same color in rank, and letting the higher rank prey on lower rank killers.
    This. 
    So much this. 
    I’ve only just managed to reach Rank 12, but I’ve been sick to death of purple and red rank survivors dodging the matchmaking so they can bully lower rank killers such as myself. 
    Thank bloody god for the new Mad Grit & Discordance perks!
    I don't think this has much to do with that as not nearly enough people are playing this game, so matchmaking is opening up its queues for rank and region to try and nullify the ridiculously long wait times. Waiting 15 minutes for a game is insanity, so I'm kinda happy they're finally opening up the ranks to cut wait times down.
  • Tucking_Friggered
    Tucking_Friggered Member Posts: 636

@LegitAdventurer said:

"My group" what about when i got dodged 6 times two days ago as a solo queue and I only played 3 games before giving up? Was it because I'm just so darn pretentious? Get real buddy, this game is drowning because everyone is afraid to play the game lol.

Play some Civ.

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333
    edited February 2019

If I dodge a lobby it is because A) the pings are all outside of my comfort zone or B ) I don't feel like dealing with certain potential scenarios. SWF isn't a big concern to me yet as I'm not at a rank where it matters just yet, but I don't like trying to find Claudette as she's hard to see. I also don't like Bills cause I don't enjoy BT and Unbreakable. My go to when the pressure is on is start slugging. I'm old school like that, but some days you just don't want the extra headache.

• Naiad
    Naiad Member Posts: 194

@ReikoMori said:
    If I dodge a lobby it is because A) the pings are all outside of my comfort zone or B ) I don't feel like dealing with certain potential scenarios. SWF isn't a big concern to me yet as I'm not at a rank where it matters just yet, but I don't like trying to find Claudette as she's hard to see. I also don't like Bills cause I don't enjoy BT and Unbreakable. My go to when the pressure is on is start slugging. I'm old school like that, but some days you just don't want the extra headache.

Dodging bad ping is fine. 4 toolboxes? Fine doges. 4 flashlight? Go ahead. I can somewhat understand those. Too many immersed Claudette's are a problem but 1 or 2? But Bills? You know any survivor can run Unbreakable and/or BT? In fact I don't even play Bill and have run them on several occasions. That's like saying every David runs Dead Hard or every Laurie runs DS. So I just don't see the point in dodging particular survivors. I don't like the idea of killers dodging survs based on the skins they choose to run because that's all survivors are, especially at red/purple ranks. Skins. Most survs by that point will have a build they like running and will have it on their main no matter who that main is.

• LegitAdventurer

@LegitAdventurer said:

"My group" what about when i got dodged 6 times two days ago as a solo queue and I only played 3 games before giving up? Was it because I'm just so darn pretentious? Get real buddy, this game is drowning because everyone is afraid to play the game lol.

Play some Civ.

Civ?
  • ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333

@Naiad said:

@ReikoMori said:

Dodging bad ping is fine. 4 toolboxes? Fine doges. 4 flashlight? Go ahead. I can somewhat understand those. Too many immersed Claudette's are a problem but 1 or 2? But Bills? You know any survivor can run Unbreakable and/or BT? In fact I don't even play Bill and have run them on several occasions. That's like saying every David runs Dead Hard or every Laurie runs DS. So I just don't see the point in dodging particular survivors. I don't like the idea of killers dodging survs based on the skins they choose to run because that's all survivors are, especially at red/purple ranks. Skins. Most survs by that point will have a build they like running and will have it on their main no matter who that main is.

I see one bill, I'm fine. Two I'll deal. 3? Nah, fam I know this trick. BT into my BT into my BT into my Unbreakable, Into my adrenaline. It has happened to me too much for my taste.

• Tucking_Friggered
    Tucking_Friggered Member Posts: 636
    edited February 2019

@LegitAdventurer said:
    Tucking_Friggered said:

@LegitAdventurer said:

Play some Civ.

Civ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxYlBZMYLTI

The answer was in reference to killer frustrations.

• LegitAdventurer

@LegitAdventurer said:
    Tucking_Friggered said:

@LegitAdventurer said:

Play some Civ.

Civ?

I didn't know what Civ was hahah. I mean i still don't lol but I guess it's a game lol. Is it by the same creators as DBD?
  • A_Crow
    A_Crow Member Posts: 193

@LegitAdventurer said:
    Tucking_Friggered said:

@LegitAdventurer said:

Play some Civ.

Civ?

I didn't know what Civ was hahah. I mean i still don't lol but I guess it's a game lol. Is it by the same creators as DBD?
    Only one I've played is Civilization Revolution which isn't. I think there are others though.
  • LegitAdventurer
    ReikoMori said:

@Naiad said:

@ReikoMori said:

I see one bill, I'm fine. Two I'll deal. 3? Nah, fam I know this trick. BT into my BT into my BT into my Unbreakable, Into my adrenaline. It has happened to me too much for my taste.

You're lucky you don't play on PS4 where those are common perks and not teachables or else you'd really be crying. BT is a staple perks over here. 

Not so much Unbreakable and Adrenaline cuz they kinda suck lol.
  • ATOMIC_ACE_PUGG
    ATOMIC_ACE_PUGG Member Posts: 359
    I wont stop dodging until they balance swfs. They too much of an advantage
  • LegitAdventurer
    Then why did I just get dodged as a solo? With two other solos? Why play the game at all if you don't want to play the game? Lol
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@LegitAdventurer said:
    ATOMIC_ACE_PUGG said:

Then why did I just get dodged as a solo? With two other solos? Why play the game at all if you don't want to play the game? Lol

You cant tell anymore whether you are SWF or not since the devs changed lobbies. Now you have to assume everyone is SWF and dodge according to items basically.
    Also if someone else in your lobby has bad ping and doesnt dodge, then the killer will dodge everyone since he cant kick a single guy, same applies to "blacklisted toxic survivors"

• LegitAdventurer
    Master said:

@LegitAdventurer said:
    ATOMIC_ACE_PUGG said:

You cant tell anymore whether you are SWF or not since the devs changed lobbies. Now you have to assume everyone is SWF and dodge according to items basically.
    Also if someone else in your lobby has bad ping and doesnt dodge, then the killer will dodge everyone since he cant kick a single guy, same applies to "blacklisted toxic survivors"

If this is how you "play the game" then why wouldnt you just delete the game and play something else lol. You're saying killers actually feel content, hopping from lobby to lobby, literally endlessly until they essentially find a game full of, what "looks like" a lobby full of potatoes? Where is the fun in that? Lol. 

Plus at the end of the day every single lobby looks exactly the same. So under those pretences, killers will dodge over and over until they quit playing for the day. Idk man. I don't get it. 

I play both killer and survivor. I've never dodged a game in my life lol.
  • LegitAdventurer

Dodging is still such a problem. I played solo yesterday and was dodged 5 times in a row and I just turned my game off and played something else lol. I'm tired of waiting 5-10 minutes to find a game, to get dodged. Its sooo tiring.

I've started playing almost solely killer because I just simply don't want to play lobby waiting simulator anymore.

Inb4: dont play swf, i wasnt. Inb4: you shouldn't be using items, I wasn't. Inb4:cosmetics. I wear nothing but free cosmetics.

At the end of the day though, none of this^ should matter. Survivors don't dodge killers over cosmetics or items or offerings (well some DC. But they're booty just like killers who dodge)

Heck, Most survivors love seeing a killer in awesome cosmetics.

• Eveline
    Eveline Member Posts: 2,340

What if they dodged because of ping?

• LegitAdventurer

I'm not against that. But 5 ping dodges in a row? And insta dodged, not waiting for ping to level out lol. Its unlikely.

• LegitAdventurer
    edited March 2019

Yikes. Is it really that bad? I live a little more central and my ping usually isn't that bad but the wait times definitely are. Make sure to wait for the ping to level out, sometimes my ping starts red, but after 10 seconds itll level out and turn green.

Edit: dont worry, summer is almost here and we can finally have dedicated servers lol.

• BringBackOldBT
    BringBackOldBT Member Posts: 18

First off biggest consumers of this game are SWF so, I understand killers have this "bhvr is on my side"-mentality since they're on your side for the last 7 nerfs to survivors, however SWF is the piggybank and I assume that money is still a priority for BHVR and not how many killermains they can stop from crying.

Second off you didn't buy this game expecting there not to be SWF or them not having skype, you knew perfectly well this would happen yet you still dodge because you're trash at this game.

All the killers here saying "well if you allow SWF I'm just gonna dodge 24/7 teehee" are just fuel to the fire that the devs need to seriously hide survivor names and SWF-status, not even allow profiles to be seen from the lobby-screen, heck not even show them the items we take, we tried giving you some advantages and you're abusing them by dodging BHVR's piggybank constantly so now it's time to take them away.

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,733

You know that SWF wasn't in the game at launch, and was incorporated because survivors would CONSTANTLY dodge lobbies to get matched with one another, right? Killers are doing literally the same thing for a similar (but opposite) reason. One would assume they would get something like a separate queue to solve the issue, right?

Instead they tried to make it so its harder to tell when survivors are SWF, and the issue got even worse. Apparently its abysmal on consoles.

• BringBackOldBT

If anyone wants to claim they bought this game thinking SWF wasn't gonna be a thing they're either liars or really really, and I mean REALLY dumb.

Also I think it's a pretty simple thing to fix, just remove the information killers get so they don't know for sure if they're vs SWF or 4 randoms, ta-da it's fixed.

• Ryuhi

They literally did that, the new matchmaking system makes survivors load in simultaneously regardless of SWF whenever possible, and even lifts some matchmaking restrictions to do so. It has made the problem much worse.

Also, there is no in game voice communication option, so it by definition requires third party software to do, is against the game's design, and gives an unfair advantage. Due to the fact that its both impossible to police and would lose them a very large chunk of their playerbase, the devs have decided that it is not against the rules. That doesn't mean the game is remotely balanced around it, but quite the opposite. They simply ignore it and try to instead base off of other metrics like survival rate at different ranks.

• BringBackOldBT

You can still go to their profiles and see their friendlists, you can recognize their names from earlier games, all that needs to be removed.

Whatever solution they tried last time sucks ass, they should indeed just keep everyone hidden for the killer untill the last person joins and then show all of them at the same time. Not sure how that fix made things worse, my theory is that they didn't try hard enough and need to remove even more information.

• Ryuhi

It made things worse because killers cherry pick lobbies more than ever now, unless they're incredibly confident. Bad to average killers will lobby dodge the second they see something they don't like (items, cosmetics, pretty much anything,) since they usually assume that at least 2-3 people in every game are a SWF with comms. There are multiple topics complaining about it (including this one,) and from what I see in those its especially bad on consoles.

If everyone but the most confident killers (the power role in a 1v4) are afraid to face readily available items, then there might be something off in regards to both balance and mentalities. Game devs can only fix one and hope it fixes the other as a consequence.

• BringBackOldBT

So remove them seeing cosmetics and items as well? Problem solved?

• Ryuhi

Then those players would just quit the game altogether, just like SWF only survivors would quit if they didnt have the ability to team up. Or just switch to survivor and stop playing killer. And of course these outcomes would make queue times even longer for survivors, extrapolating the problem.

You don't punish an entire group of your playerbase for something like that and expect said playerbase to continue to grow. You have to address WHY people are exhibiting a unified reaction, and respond in a way that addresses their DESIRE to do so. Its literally how BBQ&C happened: it was to incentivize killers to not camp by rewarding them for hooking different survivors, while also giving them the ability to track them (even if its tracking has 9000 counters now, but thats another story.)

• BringBackOldBT
    edited March 2019

BBQ n chilli exists yet people still camp? Maybe this negotiating with a bunch of toxic pieces of dogshit isn't working? Maybe we just outright stop them from doing what they wanna do and if they only play the game if they can be toxic and dodging then they can just ######### right off? For every toxic killer that leaves we have +100 people who would not have left if it wasn't for constant facecamping/dodging and other #########. I don't think killers are THAT pathetic that they'll leave the game as soon as they can't dodge SWF anymore, if they will then there are plenty of other killers to replace them, I have no problem with lobby-times at all.

If anything throw those noobs back to rank 15, so they can be insecure little panzies who DC over cosmetics there, which they already are doing by making ranking up more difficult.

• jmaximo93
    jmaximo93 Member Posts: 122
    edited March 2019

If you post a video of you taking down a 4 man rank 1 SWF group with a level 5 Trapper then you have an argument. If you can't then honestly you're just trying to get a ride out of killers. As a survivor main I can tell you right now that even when I do SWF I don't mind the killer lobby dodging. Why should they be forced to play a match where they'll be at a huge disadvantage?

• LegitAdventurer

What kind of response is this? Lol. I actually personally HAVE done this lol. For the longest time I was a rank 1 killer, with all of my killers under level 10 besides Hag and Spirit. What you're proposing isn't impossible but it's a totally mute point and completely avoids the situation lol. I play both survivor and killer and stay rank 1 like at all times. I don't dodge as killer because swf is in the game, just like items and cosmetics and offerings etc. And as an average rank 1 killer i generally get a solid amount of 4ks. I lose to SWF just as much as solos and win against solos just as much as SWF.

• LegitAdventurer

But the "why" isnt a good reason. Most killers on these forums even say that they just want an easy 4k and when they don't get that they get mad and dc. Honestly dodging SWF has become a meme, just like hating legion. The internet is swarming to these group mentalities because it's the "in" thing. Swf isn't even that huge of an issue. Sure, toxic teabagging survivors are annoying to face but they aren't unbeatable. It's annoying, but that has nothing to do with SWF. That has to do with a player being unsportsmanlike. Which that player will do the same thing to you wether he's a solo or SWF.