If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Frustrated P100 Sadako Main.

Options
2»

Comments

• Skitten56
    Skitten56 Member Posts: 309
    Options

I call her 3.0 version global condemn lite. While it is not a true map wide condemn like 2.0, it still retains many of the flaws that came with global condemn but at a reduced value. The main flaw being that it can apply condemn on multiple points of the map at once without require Onryo to be nearby and as a result survivors have to disable TVs in order to protect themselves. This means that with one action survivors can protect themselves from condemn while also limiting Onryo's map mobility by teleportation. This is the opposite of 1.0 where survivors didn't need to turn off TVs to protect themselves and were actively discouraged to do sure by the threat of cursed tapes.

However, while I strongly prefer Onryo's release mechanics when it comes to condemn and TV tapes, in any version of her power were survivors are punished by not turning off TVs such as 2.0 and 3.0, we cannot have passive condemn from TV tapes. This is because it would create a lose-lose situations for the survivors.

For example with her global condemn lite 3.0 form, a survivor has to grab a tape before working a gen in order to protect themselves from condemn. If they do not do this, then the survivor will quickly gain condemn as Onryo teleports around. However if grabbing a tape applies passive condemn as well, the survivor is equally punished for grabbing the tape to protect themselves and takes the risk of condemn over time. Both of these scenarios can be dangerous if the survivor wants to make any gen progress and it gives survivors no means to effectively counter condemn while progressing the objective in a timely manner. A lose-lose situation as said and one that I think would be unhealthy for the game.

These problems come from the concept of map wide condemn, even if it is in a reduced form such as her 3.0 current version. I've been saying it since the 2.0 PTB but any sort of map wide condemn on Onryo makes her hard to balance and punished soloq/new players; attempts to balance this results in her being too weak in higher MMRs against skilled teams.

I truly believe the best way to make Onryo balanced and fun for all MMRs is to go back to single TV condemn upon Projection like in her 1.0 version but with some new QoL buffs such as an increased basekit condemn range to 18 meters, while also reverting the changes to TV tapes so that survivors holding tapes gain passive condemn again.

• MechWarrior3
    MechWarrior3 Member Posts: 1,461
    Options

”I truly believe the best way to make Onryo balanced and fun for all MMRs is to go back to single TV condemn upon Projection like in her 1.0 version but with some new QoL buffs such as an increased basekit condemn range to 18 meters, while also reverting the changes to TV tapes so that survivors holding tapes gain passive condemn again.”

This ☝🏼

💯 agreed. I want this so bad. I never wanted these new changes with condemn. I do appreciate the Deb trying to do something different to make her stronger, but I still wanted to keep all the other stuff the original

• appleas
    appleas Member Posts: 1,006
    edited April 22
    Options

3.0 condemned pressure is a nice balance between 1.0 and 2.0. I don't think passive condemned should make a return and her yellow and purple addons need an addon pass. The lack of viable addons is what makes her feel restricted. Having addons that give various debuffs to Survivors who hold tapes would encourage them not to hold on to tapes indefinitely.

On the topic of basekit buffs, I think making current ring drawing basekit and the addon increasing the amount of Condemned stacks to other Survivors from 1 to 1.5/2 when a Survivor holding a tape is hooked would introduce more pressure on a macro level. This would help offset the relatively ease Survivors can find a tv and turn their tapes in.

The previous iteration of Ring Drawing giving one Condemned stack when healing a Survivor from injured to full could also make a return via another addon.

• ChaosWam
    ChaosWam Member Posts: 1,097
    edited April 22
    Options

One thought I had while playing today is to give Sadako Any Means Necessary as part of her power, if BHVR were to give her a chase power. Yes, the survivor perk.

Allow her to reset a pallet at a certain range, put a cooldown timer on the reset being usable again and .5 seconds before Sadako can M1 post-reset + when the pallet can be thrown again. I get so many survivors (and a lot of subtle speed cheaters) just holding W and throw pallets and something like this would help that a tad.

I'd have to mull over how best to balance this sort of thing further.