We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Three massive win streaks have been broken recently

Comments

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,520

Unfortunately Im almost certain theyve said in the past that stream sniping is not a bannable offense.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

To be fair, he's like my age and I would also be absolutely malding over losing that sort of streak.

He did have a couple opportunities to win, but ultimately he simply underestimated them.

He got complacent and too assured of himself.

• Hexling
    Hexling Member Posts: 657

Sounds like every killer main on this forum lol good one.

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 3,117
    edited March 18

Oh sure, but my point is, any attempts to point at these and claim any kind of issues with "balance" is, winstreaks played like this are a useless barometer for balance.

As we saw with the Blight game, a fully coordinated comp team matching him at his own game, tied. Which is why I'm stating, that playing a comp playstyle in a public game lobby is not impressive.

• Hexling
    edited March 18

You're forgetting the point where they had to cheat to even tie.

• UndeddJester
    edited March 18

By stream sniping him? They have callouts anyway in their regular comms.

What is watching his stream gonna do? They already know his perks, cause he runs the same things all the time. They already know his position and what he's doing by regular callouts. A comp team does not need to stream snipe to work out where he is. They already know.

The only cheating aspect here really is they built specifically to take him down with teh strongest stuff they possibly good. Once the game was underway they beat him legit to my knowledge.

• Hexling

Exactly that's cheating lol thank you for agreeing. Also even if he runs the same build every time you wouldn't know if it was him you are playing unless you stream sniped.

• UndeddJester

You're overweighing man, dont be a smart ass, you know what I'm saying. They cheated in so far as they had exact knowledge of who they were facing. That was the only advantage they had... and in comp circles that isn't really an advantage.

• Hexling

Im pretty sure in a comp setting the killer knows who they are playing also and im pretty sure that's a HUGE advantage.

• UndeddJester
    edited March 18

Undone by the fact the streak was won by a player playing comp strats, against players who were playing public playstyles and had no idea who/what they were against.

So the point is moot. He was playing comp in pub games. The streak means nothing. Taking down a comp players public game winstreak using comp strats shows the game was even.

• Hexling

I think your missing the point that it took them cheating to only get a 2k thats what were talking about here.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,470

That does not excuse Nurse & Blight from getting negative changes. Nurse got nerfed because mangled change nerfed her fragile wheeze add-on. Blight his add-on nerfed, specifically his over performing 2 speed add-on's and old C33 with instant pallet break. He got Iri tag unlimited rushes and unlimited turning changed. Hens team lost to Trickster. A killer who received substantial buffs in recent time.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    edited March 18

SWF however is significantly more common than just Nurse or Blight. Yes most SWF aren’t anything like that, but I’d argue a decently good average killer streak compared to a decently good swf group is way, way less of a difference than the two we’re looking at here, which is my point.

Also, the only way you get streaks like that with most killers is through aggressive tunneling/camping. Playing “normally” would significantly reduce those streaks. I don’t care much about tunneling/camping matches as they aren’t representative of game balance and heavily dilute the gauge of that players skill level. This is why I’d like that type of play significantly hindered/removed.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    edited March 18

I never thought it did. I would nerf both of them if it was up to me.

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,960

IMO it shouldn't, streamers have multiple tools to deal with it, its their responsibility to prevent it.

• NerfDHalready
    NerfDHalready Member Posts: 1,749

they all breaking after cheating went rampant feels suspicious.

not much else to say, winstreaks aren't fun for the other side and not that impressive really so it's a silly idea. wish people stopped doing them.

• NerfDHalready
    NerfDHalready Member Posts: 1,749

saw the match live, survivors players played extremely safe and he didn't tunnel when it's given to him in a silver platter. he paid for it.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

I would as well, but that's the way it goes and it does reflect the state of the game.

The average player does tunnel or proxy fairly regularly, so I think the difference is probably still pretty wide

• mecca
    mecca Member Posts: 303

Yes it does. The devs should be responsible and address it.

The game is losing credibility.

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,929

Both sides brought the strongest stuff and were around the same skill level and resulted in what would normally be considered a tie. What is so wrong here? Looks like a balanced match to me.

• Juicyman
    Juicyman Member Posts: 136

They're limited to no duplicate perks, can only bring items they find in chests (which can also be lost), and were not allowed to bring map offerings. Unlike the long Killer streaks they have imposed restrictions.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

Im not going to say someone does a grade 1 test having 90 score is smarter than someone else does a grade 12 test and have 30 score.

The effort between killer pulled and survivors team had to prepared were 10 times difference.

• Unusedkillername
    Unusedkillername Member Posts: 215

The dude sepent a lot of time (I'd assume months) on setting a record only for 4 comp stream snipers to go out of their way to ruin it kinda would peeve me off too because that's not a streak-ending organically, he didn't have a bad game make a wrong judgment call but got sniped.

Records like the longest win streak not being set organically are kinda of a shame imo.

• ImpressionableTeen
    ImpressionableTeen Member Posts: 33

The survivor players were limiting themselves to using only one of each perk. If they decided the bring the absolute strongest stuff, they could have gone on longer imo

• TheSubstitute
    TheSubstitute Member Posts: 2,440
    edited March 18

If MMR weren't so lax then the win streaks wouldn't be possible unless there were huge balancing issues. They're just click bait like you said and anyone who's saying that they mean anything lacks a understanding of the basics of an elo system and data collection. It's a completely uninformed opinion to say they actually mean anything.

When MMR was stricter not only was it not possible to get those super long win streaks but, as an example, Dowsey when he played DbD took 45 minutes to find a match.

Matches also felt miserable at higher MMRs for many players as the focus needed was intense and, for people playing just to have fun, not sustainable. As such BHVR relaxed MMR.

Unfortunately a lot of people don't understand how the system works and blame win streaks on game imbalances when it really shows nothing by and of itself. For example, in chess a 2600 MMR player will beat 99.8% or so of all other chess players. A 2300 MMR player will beat 99.6% of all players but will also lose to the 2600 MMR player over 99% of the time. That's how tight MMR is and yet DbD will put people with up to a 200 point difference against each other regularly. If you're at the soft cap or over it could be up to an 800 or more point difference.

Unfortunately, many people in this thread don't seem to want to take any nuances on this and would rather complain about 'but this side!' instead of admitting they don't have any valid points from winstreaks existing and focusing on issues they do actually have points for and evidence for.

• Choaron
    Choaron Member Posts: 333

The "comp team" wasn't actually very good, let's be honest here. They capitalized on their very strong loadouts and several of the Blight's mistakes (who was playing DBD for over 15 hours straight on stream).

• ratcoffee
    ratcoffee Member Posts: 1,400
  • Hexling

Answer me this did he know he was going up against a competitive team?

• Hexling

I don't care if they won or lost they don't get respect either way since they pub stomped 2k people. You also missed the point that im saying the team cheated to only get a 2k and people swear that survivor is overpowered.

• TheSubstitute
    TheSubstitute Member Posts: 2,440

I'm not saying I agree with the system but that is how BHVR's MMR system measures it. It's not a 4 vs 1 it's 4 separate 1v1s with the Killer just being the one the other 4v are against at the same time.

To be consistent with the system it would be recognized as 684 wins (171 times 4) and, unless the final match was a 4K, any survivor that escaped would still be on their win streak.

The SWF can set whatever conditions they want of course to calling it a win streak but, assuming it wasn't a 4K, a survivor who escaped through the hatch had a draw but if they escaped through the exit gate they won even if the rest of their team died.

If you see a problem with that then you understand why I say a 'Kill Escape' basis for MMR is too simplistic for actual game play. It's also why really good altruistic solos end up with low MMR Killers; they carry their teammates but die at the end after ensuring a 3 out. Their MMR should go up but BHVR's MMR system doesn't recognize that.

• BritneyMitch
    BritneyMitch Member Posts: 165
This discussion has been closed.