Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

What is a hard to swallow DBD pill?

Options

By that I mean a thing that the community doesn't want to acknowledge even if it's true. In my opinion it's the fact that prestige doesn't equal high skill.

Answers

• TieBreaker
    TieBreaker Member Posts: 495
    Options

I never hear anyone saying that prestige level equals skill.

All it does is demonstrate time investment, which in the average person only demonstrates a degree of competence. Like, a fifth prestige is likely to know what a bleed out timer is.

• AtraxMorgue
    AtraxMorgue Member Posts: 8
    Options

It's a common belief that every P100 is a god at the game but I know a lot of ppl in DBD who have P100 and play like your average Sunday casual player.

• TieBreaker
    TieBreaker Member Posts: 495
    Options

Some people do have a belief that P100 players are gods. Although if you hard grind a character to P100 you can still be just okay at the game.

• Felgoose
    Felgoose Member Posts: 163
    Options

When they work, 360s work because of lag, not skill.

• dbdplayerabc123
    dbdplayerabc123 Member Posts: 58
    edited April 16
    Options

P100 does not indicate skill level, time played does not indicate skill level.

I think it's funny how some killers get intimidated by a P100 in the lobby and dodge, or watching Twitch streamers obsessively viewing everyone's profile to check how many hours they have played. Being told I'm bad solely because I'm P3 with Leon or have 300 hours, when I have every other survivor and killer P3 or higher, and I have 1.5k hours across multiple platforms,BUT NOT that it matters, it's just funny.

We've all played with or against P100 players with thousands of hours that were mediocre at best, like.. you've grinded that much and played that much just to be that mediocre, but somehow you think you're good because you simply dumped all your time into DBD. There's a saying about how it takes 10k hours to achieve mastery in any skill. While I believe in this saying, it only applies to those that actively practiced that skill in a proper manner for 10k hours. In other words, your 3k hours of playing DBD does not indicate you actively improved your skill level for 3k hours consecutively.

• 09SHARKBOSS
    09SHARKBOSS Member Posts: 1,153
    Options

demo has no tongue so he cannot give kisses

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,199
    Options

not only lag but also auto-aim or whatever it’s called for killer players on controller

• D0NN1ED4RK0
    D0NN1ED4RK0 Member Posts: 705
    Options

pyramid heads cages are fine as they are (outside of rng spawn adjustments)

• Feetusgod9
    Feetusgod9 Member Posts: 19
    Options

Majority of the maps aren't inherently good or bad. Rather, as a community we state how maps are good or bad when it is really our understanding of our own strategies. it's more that WE don't know how to deal with the map rather than the map being bad.