We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Please don't nerf Windows of Opportunity

Options
sinkra
sinkra Member Posts: 278

There's lots of chatter going around that devs are planning to nerf this next after the Adrenaline nerf. Without this perk I basically feel blind and can't enjoy the game. I can say for myself and perhaps other survivors that if Windows gets nerfed it will be the straw that breaks the camel's back and I will no longer play this game, the amount of survivor nerfs is just getting too unbearable.

Comments

• Ohyakno
    Ohyakno Member Posts: 228
    Options

Or in a group. Most groups aren't calling out every pallet they drop.

• Archol123
    Archol123 Member Posts: 3,215
    Options

I guess, but potentially you could have this information.

• Rogue11
    Rogue11 Member Posts: 1,248
    Options

I'm tired of people claiming we should nerf maps instead of this perk. The solution to constant 100% knowledge of all available resources is to make that knowledge not available as readily. The solution I've seen proposed is to just remove the map resources, which results in the garbage reworks we've been getting where you have to run a marathon to reach any decent tiles.

• kaoraku
    kaoraku Member Posts: 239
    Options

I agree 1000% with this.

I am a killer main. I am used that perk as survivor too, mostly because of the pallet part too. I stopped use it because I relied on it too much.

I understand, that as a newbie you need it because there are many maps, and you still need to learn layouts. But with this perk you will not really learn them.

Also if you need pallet information then you can use Any Means, so you can see when somebody drops a pallet. And you even can stand it back if the killer not destroy it, so you know where the pallets are used.

In this form now that it is a free, constant information perk which on higher MMR make it too easy I think. The old CD thing would be a good change back. Maybe that you see pallets and windows at the start of a chase for some time, and after you get injured again for a limited time. So it would help you some, but not carry you for free constantly.

• kaoraku
    kaoraku Member Posts: 239
    Options

The perk needs to be nerfed, but also many maps still needs rework because many of them are horrible.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 5,899
    Options

A lot of the map reworks have been very good though. Maps are far more balanced now. Just look at the Coldwin maps, the new Macmillan maps, or Borgo. I also don't see how Mother's Dwelling is still problematic for killer. And on the ptb we have a killer sided haddonfield.

• Archol123
    Options

I don't think the McMillan Maps were problematic to begin with, at least in the last 4 years or so...

I dont know about haddonfield on PTB depends on the pallet spawns.

I fully agree on coldwind, with cowshed being less stupid they are overall really balanced even though rancid abattoir sometimes spawns too big dead zones for my taste.

• goodfriday
    goodfriday Member Posts: 186
    Options

I never did run this perk as I naturally just learn pallet/window spawns overtime, even though rng sometimes can be mean and the pallet/window that you believe spawn at whatever spot is moved elsewhere like god window on clowns map switches at time. If they nerf it well it is what it is.

Though on a fair point for those who run it killers have that tactics perk from oni, but knowing bvhr it will be nerf because hey even though there was terminus to counter the heal part of adrenaline , adrenaline is being gutted(another perk I do not use thankfully.

Its truly sad that killers actually have perks/ adds on that is the equivalent to a survivors one to get the same results or even fully counter survivor version even though rarely a survivor perk is more able to counter the killers counter example

windows=oni perk=both pretty much strangely is equal neither countering each other

Calm spirit=crushes all scream perks

Boil over=easy countered by agitation/iron grasp

nurses=counters all heal perks easily and can eat up distortion, shadow step will be better there.

I can go on and on but I just wanted to put a few examples lol.

• Ohyakno
    Ohyakno Member Posts: 228
    Options

Yeah, because it's one dude versus four. The one has to trump the four because the numbers are force multiplier. That's the core of an asymmetrical title.

Zanshin for example is nowhere near as good as Windows because killers do not lead chases. Knowing where to run to is far less important to them because they are following survivors. They aren't equivalent because again, the game is asymmetrical.

The closest thing we have to a distortion counter is gearhead and even that is a shot in the dark. Versus a standard TR killer with one or two aura reading perks distortion is just permanent aura reading block. It's not effective versus nurses(when's the last time you even saw that perk?) is because it only blocks one person's aura.

• goodfriday
    goodfriday Member Posts: 186
    Options

I see nurses alot in my games specially on stealth killers(wraiths being a common one) or pyramid heads who uses it pretty much as a base kit. self healing is slow without botany so by time you finish a self heal even with a med kit you can lost 2 distortion tokens from nurses alone.

It also is even good because the fact that even if I run distortion the killer is able to see the person whos not using it being heal and get knocked down again which I believe nurses should not do that. It should only work if healing one self not others.

• ad19970
    Options

I would say some of the original mac millan maps are a little unbalanced. Groaning Storehouse and Shelter Woods are arguably a bit too big, and Iron Keep might actually be a bit killer sided now. But I really like the new versions of the macmillan maps.

Yes Rancid certainly has too few pallets. This can sopmetimes extend to other Coldwin maps as well, but other than that, they are pretty well balanced in my opinion.

I only saw a video of Haddonfield on the ptb, but the map looked awful in that video. Too many windows are cut, and survivors don't get compensated enough with pallets, not even close.

• Archol123
    Options

The size might have been an issue yes. I don't know for sure about the new variants, I would have preferred it if they just rebalanced different maps instead of giving us variants of already decent maps. The frost three realms are just the best ones from a gameplay perspective.

I only heard the complain about rancid? But might be possible don't know.

Yeah haddonfield will not be final too soon, but at least they realise the windows were an issue... So I have high hopes for them to manage to get it done properly this time...

• YayC
    YayC Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 48
    Options

Mothers dwelling is harder to see on, the loops are still super safe and the loops got moved closer together because they made the map smaller without lowering the number of loops meaning the strongest way of looping (chaining loops) got made exponentially stronger. Also Borgo is still awful to play on and still has alot of super safe loops, it was killer sided for like 2 weeks then they stuck pallets everywhere. Coldwind and Macmillan are arguably better but I didn't play old old coldwind so can't speak on that. Ormond literally got buffed even more for survivors for some reason.

As for new Haddonfield, main building is still safe especially if the window vault spawns. Most of the new loops are super safe and the one bit that was super killer sided being the mid map which was mostly baron has had more loops added all of which are extremely safe. It's better just because the 2 window building don't exist anymore but it's not even close to being killer sided.

Most reworks get made "better" but aren't close to be balanced.

• ad19970
    Options

I have to disagree here. My experience with Mother's Dwelling has been pretty good so far. Not all of the loops are safe anymore and it also doesn't spawn too many pallets in my opinion. Plus it's now appropriately sized.

The same with Borgo. Yes Borgo can still spawn some very safe loops, but it also has a fair amount of mindgameable loops now.

Ormond I can still see being a tad survivor sided, but nothing crazy anymore. I find it to be fairly balanced as well.

And from what I have seen of the new Haddonfield, it is pretty killer sided. A lot of the windows were just cut, and the pallets on the map do not compensate enough for all the cut windows. Especially some of the edge map pallets that looked insanely unsafe.