We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Xenomorph tail doesn't damage during animation transitions

Options
PAS_Spin
PAS_Spin Member Posts: 15

Aside from the still unfixed model bugs reported in the following thread:

Xeno has ongoing issues with it's tail, the main 2 being:
-Survivor/Turret doesn't get hit by your tail at all

While alot of times these 2 can happen randomly, they consistently happen during the transition of animations

•Happens on any platform
•Already described above
•Attempt to hit a survivor with your tail, specially when they are setting a turret up
•Happens often, happened twice today, the following clips are from today too.

2 clear examples of it happening, it also happens during window vaults sometimes.

4 votes

Under Review · Last Updated

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue, we are forwarding this to the team for their review.

Comments

• SvenDaMan
    SvenDaMan Member Posts: 22
    edited April 21
    Options

Hello, I am a xeno main and its sadly a case of unfortunate hitboxes, I promise that they aren't invulnerable. (huntress and deathslinger also suffer from this)
    I hope they smoothen out the hitboxes asap but to get around this, its wise to aim way behind the survivors even further than their feet). To be extra safe and since they are stationary you can aim behind them and swipe your tail into them. This guarantees you the hit!

• PAS_Spin
    PAS_Spin Member Posts: 15
    Options

Watch the clip! This is unfortunately not simply the hitbox being misplaced but literally disappearing during certain animations, mainly the turret placement one

• SvenDaMan
    edited April 21
    Options

I accidentally sent the same message twice so I edited this one away lol

Post edited by SvenDaMan on
  • SvenDaMan
    Options

It does visually go through the survivor. The problem is that the survivors hitbox doesnt change during the animation. if you look at the end of the animation you can see why the tail attacks missed. See these screenshots

The second one is a bit iffy but it does seem to be going besides the survivor.

The hitboxes really should be changing during the turret setting animation :(