Not sure this is a bug or not but I start the grab animation and it never gives me the grab.

Options
BugReporterOnly
BugReporterOnly Member Posts: 375
edited May 28 in Bug Reporting

It dosen't even count as a hit at times and this mostly happens at window or pallet vaults rarely at lockers. I find this frustrating and would like at the minimum it to count as a hit or down depending on health state. If it helps I play on the Switch.

3 votes

Need more info · Last Updated

Hi there! Can you provide additional information with this? Such as a short video? Thank you!

Comments

• BugReporterOnly
    Options

I'm sorry I'm not a streamer and Switch dosen't allow video recording of gameplay so I am not able to. I don't get why you need video proof though. I would have to set up a camera while playing on the chance it happens and I can't do that either. It's really frustrating that you can't take my word for it and look into it seeing I'm unable to record. I'm going to have to live with this happening I guess.

• tuttoinunavolta
    tuttoinunavolta Member Posts: 181
    Options

Happened to me yesterday. Grabbed a survivor vaulting the window as Nemesis, the grab animation started but switched halfway through to a hit animation. Successfully registered the hit, but it seemed like it was going to be a grab

• n000b51
    n000b51 Member Posts: 456
    edited May 29
    Options

It is a well-known old bug reported almost 4 years ago.

It happens often to console players because they have mainly a high ping (>80-120ms). Like for the hit validation, the dedicated server needs time to consider if you grab is validated (that explains why you see as killer the beginning of the grab animation) by the server then it cancels your action when the survivor starts to run away…
    You have a video about this cancelled grab action here:

https://packaged-media.redd.it/3yte1lasb1z61/pb/m2-res_480p.mp4?m=DASHPlaylist.mpd&v=1&e=1717009200&s=5ff87cc7d8ccaf0b0158439779a990133eb05070#t=0 And my old report of cancelled grab still pending since 2020:

So when they need 'additional information', I have no idea what it means…

• BugReporterOnly
    Options

I never had this issue until recently and I doubt it is ping. I have landed grabs but more often then not it does this to me.

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 3,395
    Options

I think I have a video that demonstrates what the OP is talking about.

Grab validation is absolutely broken. I have 30-40 ping at most.

The Ace continued repairing the gen for a full second after the grab was cancelled. He can't have cancelled the interaction. It simply does not work as it should and needs updating like they promised years ago.

• n000b51
    n000b51 Member Posts: 456
    Options

'like they promised years ago.'
    So we can be certain that they already had knowledge of this bug and the 'Need more info' is outdated…

• Agaki
    Agaki Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 61
    Options

Just happened to me and froze me in place. This bug needs to be fixed.

• BugReporterOnly
    Options

I never had it happen at a gen but pallets seems to be an issue for me and prior to the Unreal 5 update it wasn't this bad.

• BugReporterOnly
    Options

So no one is looking into this good to know I guess that you guys can't research it on your own.