Lobby simulator

Options

Comments

• Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423
    Options

This thread had me thinking, if the game only needs 20% of players to play Killer at any given time to have full games and wait times for survivors are taking this long, I wonder how many players are actually playing killer.

It wouldn't surprise me since I almost exclusively see people playing survivors on the twitch DBD game page. and the fact that Killer for me I could only play a few games of since it can be very draining sometimes where as survivor is less work and more re-playable.

• PiiFree
    PiiFree Member Posts: 1,154
    Options

@Bongbingbing said:
    This thread had me thinking, if the game only needs 20% of players to play Killer at any given time to have full games and wait times for survivors are taking this long, I wonder how many players are actually playing killer.

It wouldn't surprise me since I almost exclusively see people playing survivors on the twitch DBD game page. and the fact that Killer for me I could only play a few games of since it can be very draining sometimes where as survivor is less work and more re-playable.

That's the tricky part with asymmetrical games. You need 4 times the amount of Survivors than Killers so you need to make one side more appealing to play. The implementation of SWF was the best way for them to boost the Suruvivors playerbase and even out the 4:1 ratio.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,347
    Options

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Vietfox said:
    @ad19970 said:

@Vietfox said:

@Master said:

@OrionsFury4789 said:

20+ minutes with no game and getting lobby dodged along the way, I figured rank reset would speed the times up 

I thought killers have it so easy now that everybody is playing killer?

They do, the problem is that queues are bugged.

How do killers have it so easy now? Just because the game is actually quite well balanced? Killer can still be way more stressful than survivor. I mean you don't really believe killer lobby times back then were long cause everybody played killer, yet now that survivors have to wait longer it must be a bug?

I was just messing with Master a bit ;)

Lol well that's fair enough. We are in agreement that killers are no longer underpowered. At all.

Freddy would like to have a word with you :smile:

Yeah I meant in general. You know, the good killers. Huntress, Clown, Spirit, Hillbilly and so on. Freddy is underpowered, no doubt, in my opinion not as much as others say, but he needs a bit of help. Trapper and possibly Leatherface as well. Doc and Pig could also still use some small buffs.

• OrionsFury4789
    OrionsFury4789 Member Posts: 637
    edited January 2019
    Options

I think killers are dodging lobbies because 4 survivors keep coming up at once, probably because the devs have sneaked the new matchmaking system in. It is muscle memory - a reflex. A bit like one of your survivor skill checks. Within a fraction of a second of 4 people popping up we hit leave.

Killers have to get used to the fact that it doesn't necessarily mean its a grief squad any more.

Are you seriously comparing skill checks to lobby dodging? LMFAO 😂 I'm dead 💀 @fcc2014 @Vietfox
  • Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,663
    Options

I think killers are dodging lobbies because 4 survivors keep coming up at once, probably because the devs have sneaked the new matchmaking system in. It is muscle memory - a reflex. A bit like one of your survivor skill checks. Within a fraction of a second of 4 people popping up we hit leave.

Killers have to get used to the fact that it doesn't necessarily mean its a grief squad any more.

Are you seriously comparing skill checks to lobby dodging? LMFAO 😂 I'm dead 💀 @fcc2014 @Vietfox
    When the WHOOOOOOSH is real but you already called your squad for "back-up."
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    edited January 2019
    Options

Are you seriously comparing skill checks to lobby dodging? LMFAO 😂 I'm dead 💀
    @OrionsFury4789
    Jaws meant that killers who lobbydodge because 4 survivors spawn at the same time do it as a reflex action, like when you hit a skill check.
    Jaws actually says that not every swf group is a death squad and killers should stop being afraid of them.
  • OrionsFury4789
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Vietfox said:

@OrionsFury4789
    Jaws meant that killers who lobbydodge because 4 survivors spawn at the same time do it as a reflex action, like when you hit a skill check.
    Jaws actually says that not every swf group is a death squad and killers should stop being afraid of them.
    I know exactly what he meant but I don't agree with lobby dodging I think there should be a penalty for it, you should have your time wasted for wasting others , why play the game if you would Dodge ?
  • OrionsFury4789
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Raccoon said:

No , lobby dodging is weak and its hilarious you would compare it to a skill check because you do it so much 
  • Raccoon
    Options
    Did you have KFC for Dinner, because this is a DOUBLE DOWN  :p
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    Options
    Vietfox said:

@OrionsFury4789
    I know exactly what he meant but I don't agree with lobby dodging I think there should be a penalty for it, you should have your time wasted for wasting others , why play the game if you would Dodge ?
    Yeah that would be awesome, game just would need to tell when people dodge because of ping.
  • Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873
    Options

@Vietfox said:
    I thought killer mains had enough balls to not lobbydodge

Nope, they get scared of flashlights.

• OrionsFury4789
    Options
    Raccoon said:
    Lol you can condone it all you want and that's fine you have that opinion,  I find it hilarious that it's that big of a problem for some  not to  Dodge because their lobby got full instantly, seems like if you actually want to play a game that's what you would want you know?
  • fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388
    Options

@OrionsFury4789 said:
    Raccoon said:

OrionsFury4789 said:

JawsIsTheNextKiller said:

No , lobby dodging is weak and its hilarious you would compare it to a skill check because you do it so much 

I don't lobby dodge, I don't see the point. i'm either gonna get my ass handed to me or do some ass kicking. I honestly don't care either way.

• AnneMarie78
    AnneMarie78 Member Posts: 7
    Options

the survivor queue is terrible at the minute on PS4 :(

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    Options

@fcc2014 said:

I don't lobby dodge, I don't see the point. i'm either gonna get my ass handed to me or do some ass kicking. I honestly don't care either way.

Same, and I've had some of the best matches against full 4 flashlight squads at times since it's especially satisfying when you kill all 4.

• OrionsFury4789
    Options
    powerbats said:

@fcc2014 said:

Same, and I've had some of the best matches against full 4 flashlight squads at times since it's especially satisfying when you kill all 4.

Thanks bats , I wish more were like that. To me that's what makes this game fun is the challenge I don't see how some of these people have fun when they Dodge for forty minutes to find the weakest lobby possible and then just smear them instantly...rinse and repeat, I think I would've thrown the game out by now if that was how it went 
  • PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428
    Options
    I lobby dodge for fun. I wait for the countdown to reach 6 seconds left and leave lobbies. I call it Last Second Dodging. Like it? 
  • PiiFree
    Options

@OrionsFury4789 said:
    Thanks bats , I wish more were like that. To me that's what makes this game fun is the challenge I don't see how some of these people have fun when they Dodge for forty minutes to find the weakest lobby possible and then just smear them instantly...rinse and repeat, I think I would've thrown the game out by now if that was how it went 

I see it the same way. It's similar to Survivors MLGA blocking certain Killers or all the people that derank on purpose to avoid "tryhard".

In my opinion, tryhards are simply players that play the game optimally and therefore give me the biggest challenge and the best matches. It's exactly what I am looking for, I don't want easy games where I can mindlessly repair gens or kill survivors. I want matches where I have to use my brain to win.

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,354
    Options

@OrionsFury4789 said:

I hope killers aren't dodging for 40 minutes. I easily and regularly get destroyed by deranked 4-man SWFs. It is no fun. But anyone going for the weakest lobby possible? Then I agree with you.

Most of us want a balance. I don't care about getting a specific number of kills, I just want a game were the survivors are at my level. If they are SWF, then I'd like to see them below my level. If they are 4 solos, go ahead and give me players that are all above my skill level to remove MY advantage.

• OrionsFury4789
    Options
    PiiFree said:

@OrionsFury4789 said:

I see it the same way. It's similar to Survivors MLGA blocking certain Killers or all the people that derank on purpose to avoid "tryhard".

In my opinion, tryhards are simply players that play the game optimally and therefore give me the biggest challenge and the best matches. It's exactly what I am looking for, I don't want easy games where I can mindlessly repair gens or kill survivors. I want matches where I have to use my brain to win.

Yea I have the same opinion about survivors who do this as well there is no bias in this category, that's why I'm in such strong favor of a time ban for dodging with no bad ping, believe it or not I think it would even help the ranking system out by not having a cherry picked survivor or killer lobby where you've found someone/group with barely any trophies and you know they're noobs going into the game giving the easy rank up.
  • OrionsFury4789
    Options
    PigNRun said:
    I lobby dodge for fun. I wait for the countdown to reach 6 seconds left and leave lobbies. I call it Last Second Dodging. Like it? 
    Yes and I can't wait until they start banning for it so that way I can call it "an ######### getting what they deserve"  when those same people get on here crying about being locked out of the game
  • OrionsFury4789
    Options

@OrionsFury4789 said:

I hope killers aren't dodging for 40 minutes. I easily and regularly get destroyed by deranked 4-man SWFs. It is no fun. But anyone going for the weakest lobby possible? Then I agree with you.

Most of us want a balance. I don't care about getting a specific number of kills, I just want a game were the survivors are at my level. If they are SWF, then I'd like to see them below my level. If they are 4 solos, go ahead and give me players that are all above my skill level to remove MY advantage.

If they would just time ban the people dodging it would stop for the most part, then you're actually forced to face who's in front of you like it should be. If the ranking system got tweaked along with the time bans we would have a way better product with faster que times and faster games  that matched you accordingly
  • JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,354
    Options

@OrionsFury4789 said:

If they would just time ban the people dodging it would stop for the most part, then you're actually forced to face who's in front of you like it should be. If the ranking system got tweaked along with the time bans we would have a way better product with faster que times and faster games  that matched you accordingly

Yes and the PC/console can monitor the pings. If they are mostly red, allow the lobby quit without penalty. Those killers that don't usually lobby dodge would also get a fairer ratio of solo players if everyone has to face SWFs.

• Raccoon
    Options
    Raccoon said:
    Lol you can condone it all you want and that's fine you have that opinion,  I find it hilarious that it's that big of a problem for some  not to  Dodge because their lobby got full instantly, seems like if you actually want to play a game that's what you would want you know?
    I don't recall condoning dodging at all in this thread. 

All of my posts have been regarding your misinterpretation of @JawsIsTheNextKiller 's
    hilarious skillcheck analogy that you took at face value.
  • powerbats
    Options

I'm the same for those dodging killers the moment the game loads or that use MLGa on either side and hopefully they do start making queue penalties.

For all the ones that say they'd stop playing go ahead really because you're just ruining things as it is even when you know it's 4 solos.

The game could be killer favored and most would still dodge and blame it on swf even if there was a separate lobby for it they'd dodge or make excuses.

• PiiFree
    Options

@powerbats said:
    I'm the same for those dodging killers the moment the game loads or that use MLGa on either side and hopefully they do start making queue penalties.

For all the ones that say they'd stop playing go ahead really because you're just ruining things as it is even when you know it's 4 solos.

The game could be killer favored and most would still dodge and blame it on swf even if there was a separate lobby for it they'd dodge or make excuses.

All you do now is making ######### up now. I make ######### up now aswell:

There are far more Survivors using MLGA to block Killers than there are Killers that frequently lobby dodge for "no reason".

What now?

• powerbats
    Options

@PiiFree said:

@powerbats said:

There are far more Survivors using MLGA to block Killers than there are Killers that frequently lobby dodge for "no reason".

What now?

So what am I making up, cmon now you made the claim now back it up, so time to put your proof where everyone can see it.

Also I never said there were more killers using MLGA than survivors now did I, but hey nice try or it would've had i actually claimed that.it would've been had I claimed that.

• PiiFree
    Options

@powerbats said:
    So what am I making up, cmon now you made the claim now back it up, so time to put your proof where everyone can see it.

Also I never said there were more killers using MLGA than survivors now did I, but hey nice try or it would've had i actually claimed that.it would've been had I claimed that.

Your lack of reading comprehension is pissing me off. Where did I say that YOU claimed that more Killers use MLGA? Please take the time to actually understand what you just read before creating nonsense like that. It was just a random thing that I claimed to demonstrate your way of "discussing" with absolutely no relation to ANYthing you said previously.

That's the ######### you made up:

@powerbats said:

If there is no reason to dodge, there is no dodging.

• powerbats
    Options

@PiiFree said:

@powerbats said:

Your lack of reading comprehension is pissing me off. Where did I say that YOU claimed that more Killers use MLGA? Please take the time to actually understand what you just read before creating nonsense like that. It was just a random thing that I claimed to demonstrate your way of "discussing" with absolutely no relation to ANYthing you said previously.

@powerbats said:

I'm not the one with lack of reading comprehension here, you posted that in response to me thus implying i said it and now you're backtracking and trying to deflect blame onto me.

The only one not putting relation here is you by trying to deflect and claim things then when called toss more blame.

Yet you fail to see the actual logic behind what I said still since some killers on here have stated quite clearly they'll dodge even solo players if they don't like the outfits, items etc.

So since some killers have stated they'd still have a reason to dodge that means that you guess it there would be dodging.

Now before you go trying to bash me again read what I said and realize I had facts behind what I said and I didn't make that up.

• PiiFree
    Options

@powerbats said:

@PiiFree said:

@powerbats said:

@powerbats said:

I'm not the one with lack of reading comprehension here, you posted that in response to me thus implying i said it and now you're backtracking and trying to deflect blame onto me.

The only one not putting relation here is you by trying to deflect and claim things then when called toss more blame.

Yet you fail to see the actual logic behind what I said still since some killers on here have stated quite clearly they'll dodge even solo players if they don't like the outfits, items etc.

So since some killers have stated they'd still have a reason to dodge that means that you guess it there would be dodging.

Now before you go trying to bash me again read what I said and realize I had facts behind what I said and I didn't make that up.

Thank you, the only thing I realized is that you're wasting my time with your excessive and nonsensual bias.

• OrionsFury4789
    Options
    Raccoon said:
    Raccoon said:
    I don't recall condoning dodging at all in this thread. 

All of my posts have been regarding your misinterpretation of @JawsIsTheNextKiller 's
    hilarious skillcheck analogy that you took at face value.
    No I misinterpreted norhing,  the fact that it was even compared to a skill check in the first place is what I was laughing at , the thought that someones finger is locked and loaded ready to DC if more than one person pops up is absolutely hilarious that someone is that terrified to play a group , again nothing misinterpreted I get that some people are like that but whatever else it is you're thinking I missed is all in your head I get the analogy he was using and that he didn't literally mean it again it's the fact that it was even compared in the first place.
  • OrionsFury4789
    Options
    PiiFree said:

@powerbats said:

What now?

Maybe on PC but on any other platforms it's the other way around
  • PiiFree
    Options

@OrionsFury4789 said:
    PiiFree said:

What now?

Maybe on PC but on any other platforms it's the other way around

Maybe, that's your experience. I rarely get dodged, doesn't matter if I play on PC or PS4.

I honestly see a lot more Survivors joining a lobby and leaving it again, mostly because they try to stream snipe their favourite streamer. That's technically exactly the same as Killers dodging lobbies.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options
    PigNRun said:
    Yes and I can't wait until they start banning for it so that way I can call it "an [BAD WORD] getting what they deserve"  when those same people get on here crying about being locked out of the game
    Ban for lobby dodging? Where people lose just some seconds of their time to requeue?
    Are you serious?

Btw, killers started dodging at the last second, when last second switching became popular. 
    Cause and effect. 
  • Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    Options

At least you're getting the better one out of the 2 choices.
    I wish i got more lobby dodges than ingame dodges...

• OrionsFury4789
    Options
    Tsulan said:
    PigNRun said:
    Yes and I can't wait until they start banning for it so that way I can call it "an [BAD WORD] getting what they deserve"  when those same people get on here crying about being locked out of the game
    Ban for lobby dodging? Where people lose just some seconds of their time to requeue?
    Are you serious?

Btw, killers started dodging at the last second, when last second switching became popular. 
    Cause and effect. 
    A few seconds? I waited a damn hour for a match last night found a  couple matches in five minutes they dodged twice and then it took an hour don't  tell me it's a few seconds of my time wasted , and we weren't last second switching or any of the above it's totally uncalled for and if someone is so chicken ######### they don't want to play the game then they shouldn't , if your ping sucks I'm ok with it but for any other scenario even emergencies if you aren't able to play chances are you'll be done with whatever your doing by the time the ban  would be finished 
  • Tsulan
    Options
    Tsulan said:
    PigNRun said:
    Are you serious?

Cause and effect. 
    A few seconds? I waited a damn hour for a match last night found a  couple matches in five minutes they dodged twice and then it took an hour don't  tell me it's a few seconds of my time wasted , and we weren't last second switching or any of the above it's totally uncalled for and if someone is so chicken ######### they don't want to play the game then they shouldn't , if your ping sucks I'm ok with it but for any other scenario even emergencies if you aren't able to play chances are you'll be done with whatever your doing by the time the ban  would be finished 
    If you want even longer queues, then proceed and propose bans for lobby dodging.

Since there is no way to see the other survivors ping, the killer might have dodged because of the other survivors. 

Either the long survivor queues are a matchmaking issue like the killer queues a month ago, or killers left and there are to many survivors.

Anyway, you could just switch sides and get instant lobbies. 
  • OrionsFury4789
    Options
    Tsulan said:
    Tsulan said:
    PigNRun said:
    Are you serious?

Cause and effect. 
    If you want even longer queues, then proceed and propose bans for lobby dodging.

Since there is no way to see the other survivors ping, the killer might have dodged because of the other survivors. 

Either the long survivor queues are a matchmaking issue like the killer queues a month ago, or killers left and there are to many survivors.

Yes that's true and when it gets that way I usually do that but my point is when I do want to play a certain game mode I should be able to do it because I paid for the game to have that option available, and yes I do play swf alot and not solo because I have alot of friends that play this game and that's how we keep in contact
  • powerbats
    Options

@PiiFree said:

Thank you, the only thing I realized is that you're wasting my time with your excessive and nonsensual bias.

Translation: You realized you made a mistake and don't want to admit it and so go the troll route.

Oh and one last tidbit I've been maining killer for months now and I've got no bias here, I call out both sides equally.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@OrionsFury4789 said:

It makes totally sense though.

• OrionsFury4789
    Options
    Master said:

@OrionsFury4789 said:

It makes totally sense though.

Yea to someone who does it all the time it might but not to me , why waste your own time and everyone else's just because you're scared of items or just the way everyone comes in the lobby together , my point is that it's ridiculous that it's even a reflex to Dodge in the first place 
  • Tucking_Friggered
    Tucking_Friggered Member Posts: 636
    Options

Think it's bad now? Give it two weeks after dedicated servers and killers know every match is a SWF group.

• powerbats
    Options

@Tucking_Friggered said:
    Think it's bad now? Give it two weeks after dedicated servers and killers know every match is a SWF group.

4 strangers = 30%
    2 friends + 2 strangers = 34.1%
    2 friends + 2 friends = 9.5%
    3 friends + 1 stranger = 17.9%
    4 friends = 8.5%

If all the killers that spent so much time complaining on the forums day in and day out spent half that time trying to get better and not dodging they'd realize swf isn't that hard to play against.

• Tsulan
    Options
    powerbats said:

@Tucking_Friggered said:

4 strangers = 30%
    4 friends = 8.5%

If all the killers that spent so much time complaining on the forums day in and day out spent half that time trying to get better and not dodging they'd realize swf isn't that hard to play against.

That statistic is over a year old.
    I'd say there are way more swf than before. 

It really depends on the group. Most are potatoes and some are death squads. The later scared a lot of killers by deranking and bullying new killers. 
  • Tsulan
    Options
    Tsulan said:
    Tsulan said:
    PigNRun said:
    Are you serious?

Cause and effect. 

Yes that's true and when it gets that way I usually do that but my point is when I do want to play a certain game mode I should be able to do it because I paid for the game to have that option available, and yes I do play swf alot and not solo because I have alot of friends that play this game and that's how we keep in contact
    Yes you paid, and the guy you want to get banned for dodging you also paid. You both have the same right for a fun and enjoyable match. 
    This is a pvp game, but I've never seen a game where people try to get their enemies banned all the time  
  • powerbats
    Options

@Tsulan said:
    powerbats said:

@Tucking_Friggered said:

4 strangers = 30%

4 friends = 8.5%

That statistic is over a year old.
    I'd say there are way more swf than before. 

It really depends on the group. Most are potatoes and some are death squads. The later scared a lot of killers by deranking and bullying new killers. 

While true it's still the only real stat other than the survival rate at rank 1 to go off of and as far as the death squads we both know those are very rare comparatively. I've been destroyed more by competent solo players than death squad swf groups.

In all of my playtime i've never faced more than perhaps 50 true death squads and of those 50 I've only really gottne destroyed about 15 times. The other 35 times I either broek even aka 2 kills, got 3 or 4 kills or it took them a good 15+ minutes to escape with lots of hooks even 2nd ones.

But the competent solo players either 4 solo or 2 solo's have been much tougher overall that the mystical swat squads.

• PiiFree
    Options

@powerbats said:
    Translation: You realized you made a mistake and don't want to admit it and so go the troll route.

Oh and one last tidbit I've been maining killer for months now and I've got no bias here, I call out both sides equally.

That's an "on point" translation of our little conversation we had, well done :^)

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388
    Options

I played a few rounds of survivor last night(PS4) with very little trouble finding a lobby. 2 nights ago it was a different story. Lobby times for me had to be over 15 mins so i left and did something else.

• OrionsFury4789
    Options
    Tsulan said:
    Tsulan said:
    Tsulan said:
    PigNRun said:
    Are you serious?

Cause and effect. 

Yes you paid, and the guy you want to get banned for dodging you also paid. You both have the same right for a fun and enjoyable match. 
    This is a pvp game, but I've never seen a game where people try to get their enemies banned all the time  
    But if you refuse for unnecessary reasons then you deserve a time ban for wasting everyone's time like other games, at the point that you're selfishness starts hurting que times and could potentially hurt the player base when it takes an hour for a game  someone should grow a pair and stop being a cuck it's ridiculous to think you feel like it's fine to waste other people's time because you're afraid to play 
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@powerbats said:

@Tucking_Friggered said:

4 strangers = 30%
    4 friends = 8.5%

Those stats are over 1 year old now.
    SWF has drastically increased since then