The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Is there something being done about this?

So I know and understand that the developers are working hard to fix the long queue times for survivors, but I still face an issue that I feel is still unfair to us. I main and only play survivor so I see it happen too many times to feel its a coincident.
-When in a lobby the killer sees what the 4 players bring and decide not to play up against a group that has toolbox's or med kits, whatever the case may be and so they decide to leave to find another lobby that best suits their comfortability.-
It does not help the fact that I (and I'm sure many others) have waited soo long to find a game that is just going to be false and have us look forward to another 30+ min wait to potentially have the same thing happen again.

So I ask, Is something being done about the killers seeing our items?

Comments

• BO0ON
    BO0ON Member Posts: 36

And clearly I have been "Requeuing" otherwise this post would not have been made, now would it? > @PigNRun said:

Yes, there is something done about this. Its called requeuing.

• BO0ON

I understand and couldn't agree more, although when the game makes changes, IN MY OPINION, it most times benefits the killers. And using items, playing a certain character, and having certain perks should not effect a normal day of gameplay. If devs could solve the issue by not having killers see our items is all. (Also to mention, when Killers were crying about survivors seeing their perks upon death and possibly sharing to other survivors in game, they covered that up. Now do us a fav pwease. ^-^

@LegitAdventurer said:
    This game is a sinking ship. Killers like that are going to drown this game. I play both survivor and Killer and i don't dodge, ever. I even played (earlier today) against a 4 man SWF claudette squad with 4 med kits. I still played against them and got a 3k so everyone needs to stop moaning and crying about how op the survivors are! It's so sad.

There should defintely be a penalty for dodging lobbies, give them a 15 minute stackable ban everytime they dodge. 

As a survivor we wait anywhere from 10-20 minutes just to get dodged, sometimes multiple games in a row. And I dont even play 4 man SWF, i don't play claudette, i rarely use items, i don't use decisive strike, i don't teabag.

Both sides have all of these "excuses" and "rules" that the other side can't do because everyone is so fragile. Killers cry, survivors cry. Why can't we just all play the game that we're choosing to play? I don't disconnect and dodge my games. Why does everyone else? I never understood playing a game just to quit when you aren't good at it. 

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256

Remove keys and just not show survivor items in the lobby.

• LegitAdventurer
    LegitAdventurer Member Posts: 505
    Eninya said:

Killers would still dodge. And remove keys? Lol what?
  • Kaelum
    Kaelum Member Posts: 994
    edited February 2019

The devs have specifically stated several times, that the killer can leave the lobby at any time, for any reason, and they encourage killers to do so. Survivors have the same option, which they can and should use for bad latency. The moment the counter reaches 0 and switches to the offerings page, disconnecting is not allowed for any reason. The reason that killers are allowed to see what survivors are carrying is because the killer is at a disadvantage, and again, the devs have stated that it will not be removed.

• BO0ON

Well that's a bummer if that's true. Do they really "encourage" killers to dodge when they are at a "disadvantage" and at the same time are trying to fix the long wait times for survivors? How does that make sense? And I know survivors have the option too, but we don't have any clue what we are going into until the game has started and if we leave after, we are penalized- which is fair, but we don't hop lobby to lobby such a killers can. (also please send me the link of where the devs state that)

@Kaelum said:
    The devs have specifically stated several times, that the killer can leave the lobby at any time, for any reason, and they encourage killers to do so. Survivors have the same option, which they can and should use for bad latency. The moment the counter reaches 0 and switches to the offerings page, disconnecting is not allowed for any reason. The reason that killers are allowed to see what survivors are carrying is because the killer is at a disadvantage, and again, the devs have stated that it will not be removed.

• Kaelum
    Kaelum Member Posts: 994

@BO0ON watch the dev streams. They’ve talked about it at least 3 or 4 times in the 18 months that I’ve been playing.

• BO0ON

Interesting.. Thanks.

@Kaelum said:
    @BO0ON watch the dev streams. They’ve talked about it at least 3 or 4 times in the 18 months that I’ve been playing.

• Laakeri
    Laakeri Member Posts: 835
    There are really powerful addons to both medkit and toolbox that can heavily inpact in games result. Hence why I dont use items when I play survivor to not get dodged.

Items and offerings should be fun and have small inpact, not to make playing other side miserable. This applies to both sides.
  • BO0ON

But why have items and add ons in the game in general then? They are there to be used not avoided. I would say those "powerful" add ons/item come in handy when killers tunnel and such. lol

@Laakeri said:
    There are really powerful addons to both medkit and toolbox that can heavily inpact in games result. Hence why I dont use items when I play survivor to not get dodged.

Items and offerings should be fun and have small inpact, not to make playing other side miserable. This applies to both sides.

• Laakeri
    Laakeri Member Posts: 835
    BO0ON said:

But why have items and add ons in the game in general then? They are there to be used not avoided. I would say those "powerful" add ons/item come in handy when killers tunnel and such. lol

@Laakeri said:

Well lets say you bring medkit and so does 3 of your team mates. Killer then decides to play 5 blink Nurse to play against 4 potential insta meds. Did anyone have fun in the end? I dont think so.

Even when I play survivor and see 3 other survivors using toolboxes or medkits I dodge the survivors as from the experience of dealing with insta meds and gen rush toolboxes killer will most likely use addons that I wont have fun time to play against.
  • Lanis_
    Lanis_ Member Posts: 183
    pemberley said:
    You have to look at it from the killer’s pov and understand multiple toolboxes equals gen rush, flashlights equals getting blinded at pallets, and health kits are either instant or you’re in for a chase while their buddies gen rush. 

Meaning they don’t want to deal with the suspected toxicity. And I don’t blame them. 

Fix the survivor crutches and abuses like gen rush and flashlighting a pallet and maybe killers won’t lobby dodge a lobby they think will only waste their time. 
    So.. 
    Repair gen=gen rush=toxicity
    Flashlight=toxicity
    Health kits=toxicity
    Using pallet=toxicity

I suppose ds=toxicity, borrtime=toxicity , adrenaline=toxicity.

How dare survivor try to escape from Lord Killer?
  • Lanis_
    Lanis_ Member Posts: 183
    Laakeri said:

Instaheal and ebony mori are too broken.. The problem is that killermain crying about Instaheal and survivormain crying about ebonymori.
    Like DS and Noed.. 
  • The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    @pemberley nailed it.

I don't mind med kits but I don't feel good with more than 2 toolboxes. Everyone feels gens go too fast so nobody wants to deal with multiple toolboxes. Doesn't help that you can't tell which they are, greyz yellow etc

A flashlight or two doesn't bug me but it depends on how the survivors look. Using a flashlight isnt a big deal but what you dont want is some toxic idiot with DS running around tbagging and clicking the flashlight as it ruins the game. Flashlight normally means toxic and thats why peoe dodge them.

Also doesnt help that swf normally bring their best items. 4 med kits normally means 4 man swf with instaheals. 4 toolboxes = 4 man genrush with BNP.
  • DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230
    edited February 2019

@BO0ON said:
    I understand and couldn't agree more, although when the game makes changes, IN MY OPINION, it most times benefits the killers. And using items, playing a certain character, and having certain perks should not effect a normal day of gameplay. If devs could solve the issue by not having killers see our items is all. (Also to mention, when Killers were crying about survivors seeing their perks upon death and possibly sharing to other survivors in game, they covered that up. Now do us a fav pwease. ^-^

@LegitAdventurer said:
    This game is a sinking ship. Killers like that are going to drown this game. I play both survivor and Killer and i don't dodge, ever. I even played (earlier today) against a 4 man SWF claudette squad with 4 med kits. I still played against them and got a 3k so everyone needs to stop moaning and crying about how op the survivors are! It's so sad.

There should defintely be a penalty for dodging lobbies, give them a 15 minute stackable ban everytime they dodge. 

As a survivor we wait anywhere from 10-20 minutes just to get dodged, sometimes multiple games in a row. And I dont even play 4 man SWF, i don't play claudette, i rarely use items, i don't use decisive strike, i don't teabag.

Both sides have all of these "excuses" and "rules" that the other side can't do because everyone is so fragile. Killers cry, survivors cry. Why can't we just all play the game that we're choosing to play? I don't disconnect and dodge my games. Why does everyone else? I never understood playing a game just to quit when you aren't good at it. 

Maybe you haven't been around for very long, but let me assure you, that in comparison to how many buffs Survivors and nerfs Killers got prior to 2.0.0+, Survivors still hold the higher number of "favours" they got from the devs.

• BO0ON

You mean -did the killer have fun?- but OK, Lets say that. Now, we all know that all killers carry more than one perk, so if Nurse's Calling fails, I am sure Whispers and BBQ n Chili is in use to save y'alls day as well as Ruin to prolong and so forth. We too have to hope that what we bring(if any do) can bring us to an escape and only hope there isn't any Franklin's Demise or Light Born.

@Laakeri said:
    BO0ON said:

@Laakeri said:

Well lets say you bring medkit and so does 3 of your team mates. Killer then decides to play 5 blink Nurse to play against 4 potential insta meds. Did anyone have fun in the end? I dont think so.

Even when I play survivor and see 3 other survivors using toolboxes or medkits I dodge the survivors as from the experience of dealing with insta meds and gen rush toolboxes killer will most likely use addons that I wont have fun time to play against.

• BO0ON

Gotcha, I've been around for the gist of most things I feel and yet my opinion still stands with me. (1.2.2+ (PS4)

@DocOctober said:

@BO0ON said:

@LegitAdventurer said:

Maybe you haven't been around for very long, but let me assure you, that in comparison to how many buffs Survivors and nerfs Killers got prior to 2.0.0+, Survivors still hold the higher number of "favours" they got from the devs.

• OrionsFury4789
    OrionsFury4789 Member Posts: 637
    BO0ON said:

Well that's a bummer if that's true. Do they really "encourage" killers to dodge when they are at a "disadvantage" and at the same time are trying to fix the long wait times for survivors? How does that make sense? And I know survivors have the option too, but we don't have any clue what we are going into until the game has started and if we leave after, we are penalized- which is fair, but we don't hop lobby to lobby such a killers can. (also please send me the link of where the devs state that)

@Kaelum said:

They may do something once dedicated servers are out but honestly ranking up isn't worth it right now, I despise deranking but I ended up having to do it anyway waiting 1+hours for a game isn't in my schedule and I have instant lobbies now that I have , if you can't beat them join them , the killers on here  Dodge and derank all the time and openly talk about it , if they won't do anything about people lobby dodging and breaking the macthmaking then I'll deal with it myself , I really hope to God they make a time ban for people who dodge , you don't deserve to be the rank you are if you dodge your way there by picking noobs , and people say "I don't have to play that type of game " but this whole ######### game is that type of game and if you're too scared that you have to leave lobbies over intended features then leave the game and let people play who actually want to.
  • OrionsFury4789
    Eninya said:

They would still dodge...I had a guy tell me they would dodge of more than one Claudette popped up or if one did with a dark outfit :/ it's honestly kinda ridiculous at this point , they're gonna start dodging because your name looks like it may be toxic soon 
  • pemberley
    pemberley Member Posts: 1,510
    BO0ON said:

You mean -did the killer have fun?- but OK, Lets say that. Now, we all know that all killers carry more than one perk, so if Nurse's Calling fails, I am sure Whispers and BBQ n Chili is in use to save y'alls day as well as Ruin to prolong and so forth. We too have to hope that what we bring(if any do) can bring us to an escape and only hope there isn't any Franklin's Demise or Light Born.

@Laakeri said:
    BO0ON said:

@Laakeri said:

Um...killers only have 4 perk slots and they can’t choose everything to combat everything. Meanwhile survivors have 4 perks that can easily enhance their survival AND equipment that does the same as well as make up for any of their load out weaknesses - and that’s not even going into teamwork. And speaking of Ruin (which imo is more trouble than its worth because survivors nullify it easily) survivors have no perks for which the killer can eliminate and basically force them to use 3 or less.

And not to mention killers can’t really counter survivor perks - not really and truly - meanwhile survivors have several resources to not only fully counter killer perks but killers themselves. It could be a different story if Nurse’s had unlimited range or Sloppy Butcher also had an exhaustion effect etc. but the truth is killers can’t really counter survivors and even if they try they’re opening themselves to weaknesses in one area or another because they only have 4 perk slots and only the pink and purple add ons (aka expensive, immediately destroyed without a black ward) actually are on a gamechanging level with survivors who have full perks and items (which bt dubs also have add ons AND they don’t need a white ward to keep them.) 
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@BO0ON said:
    So I know and understand that the developers are working hard to fix the long queue times for survivors, but I still face an issue that I feel is still unfair to us. I main and only play survivor so I see it happen too many times to feel its a coincident.
    -When in a lobby the killer sees what the 4 players bring and decide not to play up against a group that has toolbox's or med kits, whatever the case may be and so they decide to leave to find another lobby that best suits their comfortability.-
    It does not help the fact that I (and I'm sure many others) have waited soo long to find a game that is just going to be false and have us look forward to another 30+ min wait to potentially have the same thing happen again.

Its an intended feature that the killer sees your items, thats why perks like franklins demise and lightborn exist.

• LegitAdventurer
    I don't mind killers seeing the items, in my opinion they dont impact the game that much. Hence why I rarely ever bring in an item as a survivor. Killers dodge for literally anything "i think i know that user name" dodged. "They have a claudette on the team" dodged. "More than one survivor joined at the same time" dogded "they have a flashlight" dodged. "Medkit" dodged. "Toolbox" dodged. How do you ever expect to get better if you cant handle ANYTHING? But then expect survivors to be totally fine with camping, tunneling, ebony mori's?

Like as a survivor I don't care if a killer uses good add ons or offerings, theyre a part of the game, theyre intended to be used. Same with camping and tunneling, do what you gotta do. You'll never hear me crying about it.

The SECOND that the game sn't going the killers way and we "gen rush" aka you camped and tunneled and never once patrolled the gens, survivors are toxic. It's so silly. Gen rushing isn't real, if we all do seperate gens, which is yano...the survivors job? And you never once come check my gen. I'm supposed to just leave my gen because the killer might get mad that I finish it to fast and DC? lol

The killer has an unwritten rulebook for survivors and the survivors have an unwritten rulebook for killers and neither of us have to follow it. 

But what we DO have to do is play the game, ive started a list of people who quit games, started this maybe two days ago and already have half a page of names lmao. Ps4 is super sad. Wait times are impossible, and we wait and wait just to get dodged and DC'd.
  • BO0ON

I Know, and Calm spirit exists because it prevents screams from the doctor, clown, and such but yet, we still have to guess if it it's useful against the unknown killer... Good try though. > @Master said:

@BO0ON said:

Its an intended feature that the killer sees your items, thats why perks like franklins demise and lightborn exist.

• BO0ON

My issue is not how it impacts the game. Its the killers deciding not to play against people who use them.. and having us wait extra long than we already should have been.

@LegitAdventurer said:
    I don't mind killers seeing the items, in my opinion they dont impact the game that much. Hence why I rarely ever bring in an item as a survivor. Killers dodge for literally anything "i think i know that user name" dodged. "They have a claudette on the team" dodged. "More than one survivor joined at the same time" dogded "they have a flashlight" dodged. "Medkit" dodged. "Toolbox" dodged. How do you ever expect to get better if you cant handle ANYTHING? But then expect survivors to be totally fine with camping, tunneling, ebony mori's?

Like as a survivor I don't care if a killer uses good add ons or offerings, theyre a part of the game, theyre intended to be used. Same with camping and tunneling, do what you gotta do. You'll never hear me crying about it.

The SECOND that the game sn't going the killers way and we "gen rush" aka you camped and tunneled and never once patrolled the gens, survivors are toxic. It's so silly. Gen rushing isn't real, if we all do seperate gens, which is yano...the survivors job? And you never once come check my gen. I'm supposed to just leave my gen because the killer might get mad that I finish it to fast and DC? lol

The killer has an unwritten rulebook for survivors and the survivors have an unwritten rulebook for killers and neither of us have to follow it. 

But what we DO have to do is play the game, ive started a list of people who quit games, started this maybe two days ago and already have half a page of names lmao. Ps4 is super sad. Wait times are impossible, and we wait and wait just to get dodged and DC'd.

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

@BO0ON said:

It should be like a chess match. if i see items i can run franklins or a mori. Instead it is a lobby dodge. Nothing is being done.

• Coriander
    Coriander Member Posts: 1,119

Why do people think it's bad or toxic to use flashlights at a pallet? How else is a single survivor supposed to use it and escape? Blinding the killer is what flashlights do, they can't always be used to save teammates. And people gripe if they are. Also, isn't Lightborn a perk?

• Naiad
    Naiad Member Posts: 194

@Rebel_Raven said:
    Trying to figure out why on earth a killer should just willingly go into a toxic game.

Problem is killers have no idea which SWFs are toxic, which aren't, and which will lie about not being toxic when they actually want to make the killer miserable anyhow.

I get it. Give SWF a chance.
    Thing is, we have, and that's why we're here, and others blew it for you.

Until this game is balanced around 4 survivors communicating and coordinating (and it's not),  prepare to be dodged.

And why on earth should a survivor just willingly play a toxic game?

Problem is survivors have no idea which killers are toxic until they enter gameplay.
    LOOK both can be said for either side. Solo survivors can also be toxic.

But the amount of dodging some killers do is ridiculous. They use any excuse in the 'rulebook' to dodge so they get an easy lobby. P3 Claudette? I'm out. Flashlight? I'm out. Oh that Nea looks toxic, I'm out. Clicks on surv profile and reads comments...Oh they sound toxic, I'm out. Just like some survivors will dc because they entered a match that wasn't going to be an easy win. Was the first found? They dc. Seen a secret killer offering? dc. Heard a nurse blink? dc. Killer has pink add-on? dc. Difference is survivors can get punished for dc'ing too much and the remaining survivors are basically punished by having an even more difficult match.

Instameds can be used once. BNPs are nowhere near as powerful as they were, and can only be used on one gen (unless each surv brings one i). Flashlights aren't as easy to use as they once were. 'OP' keys are only useful once the hatch spawns, which means killer is winning but survivors got enough gens done for hatch to spawn now they have to find it. Maps are rarely used but can run out of charge. Vacuum pallets are gone, and needed to be. Pallets are technically limited to x amount per map and not supposed to be able to spawn too close. Totem spawns have been changed. And I actually agree all those changes needed to happen. I don't care about killers pink add-ons but in comparison, they aren't limited while in a match and they don't need to be. Ebony mori's are annoying but at least they have to be earned i.e killer has to hook you first then down you again.

Honestly though, even as a survivor main I think the best thing they could do is have no more than 2 of the same item in a game. So you couldn't take in more than 2 toolboxes etc. It would have to be first equipped or whatever. Killer gets to see names, characters, items etc but doesn't get to look through a survs profile. That's not going to happen though and even at that people will continue to dodge/dc because they want a 'fun' or 'easy' game.

The problem is everybody calling everything toxic. Anything a survivor can use to attempt to, you know, survive is considered toxic. And the strongest add-ons/offerings a killer can bring in to make sure the match is in their favour is considered toxic. How about accepting that not every match is going to go your way? That maybe you shouldn't be escaping 8/10 time? Or your average kill shouldn't be 3k+?

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688

@Rebel_Raven said:
    Trying to figure out why on earth a killer should just willingly go into a toxic game.

Problem is killers have no idea which SWFs are toxic, which aren't, and which will lie about not being toxic when they actually want to make the killer miserable anyhow.

Until this game is balanced around 4 survivors communicating and coordinating (and it's not),  prepare to be dodged.

Pretty much. i'm not bothered so much about friends, I just want people who play the game normally. It's meant to be a horror game, survivors should be running around scared and evasive. Having some moron run over to you clicking the flashlight wanting to be chased, tbagging at every pallet, and having the biggest crutch perk in all of gaming as a safety net just ruins the mood.

• BO0ON

So survivors should then be "willing" to go in a game that even we don't know if its gonna be a toxic killer or not? It goes both ways... You killers need to suck up the fact that we have items to used and play the game and not be soo scared of a little challenge. You guys are already op enough. lol When we're in the game we have to deal with it or face consequences while you guys get -quitters bonus- We lose items (I've experienced) when a killer dc's and get nothing to make up for that.

@Rebel_Raven said:

• OrionsFury4789
    I have been screaming this for a while now I'm so glad this thread was made, it's a serious situation on console right now people are leaving this game for that que times+dodge , they Dodge for items but have every tool to stop the items if they choose, I don't cry about OP killer add ons because I play killer just as much , hell if anything I've played killer at least twice as much as survivor for the past 2 months because of ques and I like playing killer and all but Im a survivor main and like to keep up with my friends and see how they've been doing, the past two times I've tried to play with @Vietfox or @fcc2014 we've given up after an hour or more of waiting or went and played a different game together because it was just outrageous we were getting dodged with nothing coming in 
  • BO0ON

Exactly, My thing is not with how killers play in the game, its the lobby dodging and waiting. I agree with you. Glad someone understands.

@OrionsFury4789 said:
    I have been screaming this for a while now I'm so glad this thread was made, it's a serious situation on console right now people are leaving this game for that que times+dodge , they Dodge for items but have every tool to stop the items if they choose, I don't cry about OP killer add ons because I play killer just as much , hell if anything I've played killer at least twice as much as survivor for the past 2 months because of ques and I like playing killer and all but Im a survivor main and like to keep up with my friends and see how they've been doing, the past two times I've tried to play with @Vietfox or @fcc2014 we've given up after an hour or more of waiting or went and played a different game together because it was just outrageous we were getting dodged with nothing coming in 

• OrionsFury4789
    @BO0ON The response we keep getting from these killer main 90% of the time players is "just play more killer" .........FFS!! how do they think I've been playing the game? It's the only thing I can do to actually get to play anymore unless I want to wait forever which I foolishly enough still do for some reason  and only get a few matches I deranked to nine a few days ago and had instant lobbies  but I'm back up now to the point of "I won't play against anything that doesn't look like tutorial mode survivors with a lower trophy count than mine" killers and here we are again lol lobby master 3000 the 2 in 1 game 
  • BO0ON

Yea, There are times when I play Killer, but I most enjoy survivor due to the quick thinking and it being more challenging, in my opinion. But I guess I will need to play killer more (pretty much avoiding the hassle) and not be the dodger. Show you killers how it's really done, eh? (lol jk)

@OrionsFury4789 said:
    @BO0ON The response we keep getting from these killer main 90% of the time players is "just play more killer" .........FFS!! how do they think I've been playing the game? It's the only thing I can do to actually get to play anymore unless I want to wait forever which I foolishly enough still do for some reason  and only get a few matches I deranked to nine a few days ago and had instant lobbies  but I'm back up now to the point of "I won't play against anything that doesn't look like tutorial mode survivors with a lower trophy count than mine" killers and here we are again lol lobby master 3000 the 2 in 1 game 

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Yes: Dedicated servers.
    Lobbies won't rely on the Killer anymore to exist...
    At least that's the potential that servers bring, i actually am not sure if the devs are gonna make it that way.
    It'd be the smart thing to do, but it's these devs...

• BO0ON

I do appreciate everyones thoughts and suggestions on this topic.

• OrionsFury4789
    Boss said:

At least that's the potential that servers bring, i actually am not sure if the devs are gonna make it that way.

It's the killers who don't want to play the game though , I mean at this point we need survivior bots for these guys so that the real killers who actually want to play the game items or not can take care of this problem and end these hours long dodging session, there's not a shortage of killers .....there's a shortage of killers willing to play against items...why they even still play if they dislike the game so much is beyond me 
  • Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

@OrionsFury4789 said:
    Boss said:

It's the killers who don't want to play the game though

Well i'm just 1 guy, but i recently actually stopped playing Survivor due to not finding it to be fun anymore.

• OrionsFury4789
    Boss said:

@OrionsFury4789 said:
    Boss said:

It's the killers who don't want to play the game though

Well i'm just 1 guy, but i recently actually stopped playing Survivor due to not finding it to be fun anymore.

And there's nothing wrong with feeling  that way , I personally still like the experience though I wish a little more would get added like secondary objectives and more stealth gameplay options, the way the perks and everything are put together it's nearly impossible to not come off as what the other side would view as "toxic" when you're just playing the game normally and wind up escaping/killing  like you're supposed to 
  • Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,733

I'm just going to say this: The real meat and potatoes of the dodging argument is something that people don't want to discuss, and its the fact that killers need to lose to get better. They need to lose a lot. and they need to learn from those loses.

Thats all well and good, but this is DBD. The community can be incredibly toxic, especially to those who are less skilled. Survivors especially LOVE to twist the knife when they do better than the opposition (be it the killer or even other survivors sometimes.) This leads many players to need to improve at a much slower rate, mixing victories with losses that they learn from. If you constantly lose and get berated each time, its much harder to learn from your mistakes unless you have exceptionally thick skin. The important thing for every player (killer or survivor) should always be analyzing what you did wrong, and learning from it. This is not the case with the level of sportsmanship that this game can contain on both sides.

Since the game is asymmetrical, there will always be scapegoating, and it will diminish people's willingness to adjust (as conditions often feel beyond ones control.) SWF, iridescent addons, S tier killers, Gen rush, there will always be things beyond out control in any game regardless of which side we play. with every game you play, very few of them will be objectively fair. Thats unfortunately a hurdle we all, as a community, need to accept. Killers are much more often to re-queue than they are to quit in the middle of a match, especially since it means sacrificing their offerings. Meanwhile its not uncommon for survivors to DC in a match, and sometimes take their whole SWF with them. One is far more detrimental to the game than the other, and is the difference between a few seconds, vs wasted addons, offerings, items, and innocent teammates games. The core of the issue is that there are things in this game that are incredibly unbalanced, and players do not have the means to properly improve their skill to meet said challenge unless they have the patience of a goddamn saint, and the playtime of a wizard.

There is no practice mode. There is no training system. You have to lose repeatedly and suffer through all the negativity it entails while trying to learn how to get better. This happens for both sides, and is why 90% of the survivor posts on this forum happen complaining about x killer thing. Its a really bad feeling. This is why I say killers require a lot more patience to get good than survivors do, and why killers are less likely to go into bad matches. To be honest the very best way to combat this issue is to give players (killer and survivor alike) means to improve their skill without having to subject themselves to games (let alone ranked ones) to do so.

Until then, the only thing thats going to change the issue is to bring back individual loading into lobbies, for survivors to play SWF less, or maybe to actually fix matchmaking algorithms. Its especially telling when I main solo survivor and get constant potato teammates at rank 1 who sandbag and ragequit, yet my rank 9 killer gets constant swf swat teams to go against with at least 1-2 people in red ranks, multiple DSes, and at least one or two BNPs/instaheals. Its beyond daunting, and it makes me dread each time I get a daily on a level 1 killer.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Lobby dodge can be for any reason and should be. The whole point of the game is to have fun and if you feel that it will be less than that back out. Shouldn't matter what side, equipment or character is the cause. Maybe you feel your teammates are instigating a tough match with equipment choice, 4 survivors with the same appearance, or you don't have good addons to compete with multiple toolboxes and medkits. If they don't want to play that match, so be it, rather that then a killer putting themselves in a corner to deny points or survivors dc/force kill themselves. I'd much rather spend the match with people that will actually try and play.
  • LegitAdventurer
    BO0ON said:

My issue is not how it impacts the game. Its the killers deciding not to play against people who use them.. and having us wait extra long than we already should have been.

@LegitAdventurer said:

It isnt the items though man. Killers just say its the items as an excuse to dodge. They literally dodge for any reason. I get dodged solo queuing lmao. Killers are just terrified to play this game, its a classic lion and the mouse scenario.
  • LegitAdventurer
    Lobby dodge can be for any reason and should be. The whole point of the game is to have fun and if you feel that it will be less than that back out. Shouldn't matter what side, equipment or character is the cause. Maybe you feel your teammates are instigating a tough match with equipment choice, 4 survivors with the same appearance, or you don't have good addons to compete with multiple toolboxes and medkits. If they don't want to play that match, so be it, rather that then a killer putting themselves in a corner to deny points or survivors dc/force kill themselves. I'd much rather spend the match with people that will actually try and play.
    You say it doesn't matter what side but like..survivors will literally never dodge. We cant see the killer, or their items, not only that but we waited probably 15 minutes to find that game. There's no way we're dodging lol
  • Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,733

@LegitAdventurer said:
    DemonDaddy said:

You say it doesn't matter what side but like..survivors will literally never dodge. We cant see the killer, or their items, not only that but we waited probably 15 minutes to find that game. There's no way we're dodging lol

survivors dont often lobby dodge, but they sure as hell suicide on first hook and/or dc.

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    I have been screaming this for a while now I'm so glad this thread was made, it's a serious situation on console right now people are leaving this game for that que times+dodge , they Dodge for items but have every tool to stop the items if they choose, I don't cry about OP killer add ons because I play killer just as much , hell if anything I've played killer at least twice as much as survivor for the past 2 months because of ques and I like playing killer and all but Im a survivor main and like to keep up with my friends and see how they've been doing, the past two times I've tried to play with @Vietfox or fcc2014 we've given up after an hour or more of waiting or went and played a different game together because it was just outrageous we were getting dodged with nothing coming in 
    Yup, i'm sure you @OrionsFury4789 have noticed that i haven't been playing DbD lately because i'm tired of this.
    Killers dodge because they don't want to deal with certain intended features despite having counters for them. I wonder, if survivors had a way to know when killers are using good addons and/or ebony moris, i guess killers wouldn't mind to be dodged as well, right? I mean, they should understand them as well...
    Now @people, really, is it that difficult to suck it up and just play the damn game? Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose, that's ######### it.