The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Is there something being done about this?

13»

Comments

• OrionsFury4789
    OrionsFury4789 Member Posts: 637
    @Orion In response to what you said earlier to me , yes I guess for now I do have to deal with it , but as not queen said in the other thread to me its very well a possibility that when dedicated servers come out that lobby dodging punishments be one of the things reviewed though right now with the ping indicator being there for the killer to detect a bad lobby it's not fair to take that but we both know that's because the killer is the host and they don't have the servers yet , so I'll just keep my fingers crossed and play the game, but I have a feeling that it will happen and I'm gonna love it when it does , think about it once they fix the matchmaking coming in together and implement the servers , that would be the last real step to fully optimize the match making and make it fair to the people who wait and the fact it's becoming a bigger problem that more people are conplaining about something will probably get done.
  • BO0ON
    BO0ON Member Posts: 36

Gotcha, And as said before we are punished for leaving during the game(-2Pip) and you guys are rewarded. How is that to make a fuss? Killers gain something out of DC players while survivors have the most possibilities to still lose items with no bonus points when a killer DC's. However, It is beside the dodging point.

• LegitAdventurer
    LegitAdventurer Member Posts: 505

@PiiFree said:

(I made this one myself btw xD)

They need this here :

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/18783/the-meme-pit

I don't use a single thing in this bag lol
  • BO0ON

I forgot to say your name Giggles > @Kaelum

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    @Orion In response to what you said earlier to me , yes I guess for now I do have to deal with it , but as not queen said in the other thread to me its very well a possibility that when dedicated servers come out that lobby dodging punishments be one of the things reviewed though right now with the ping indicator being there for the killer to detect a bad lobby it's not fair to take that but we both know that's because the killer is the host and they don't have the servers yet , so I'll just keep my fingers crossed and play the game, but I have a feeling that it will happen and I'm gonna love it when it does , think about it once they fix the matchmaking coming in together and implement the servers , that would be the last real step to fully optimize the match making and make it fair to the people who wait and the fact it's becoming a bigger problem that more people are conplaining about something will probably get done.
    If they punish killers for dodging lobbies a lot of people will just stop playing the game.

They need to tackle the reason why people dodge lobbies, an example being the toxicity.
  • LegitAdventurer
    LegitAdventurer Member Posts: 505
    PiiFree said:

@OrionsFury4789 said:
    ...if the game truly is unbalanced as bad as some people think than it's dire that we let the devs collect the data to fix the problems and balance the game? Am I right?

The devs themselves (namely McLean) admitted live on stream that they are "well aware that the game is not balanced".

People dodge because devs DON'T care about balance. They are aware of it but are too afraid to balance it. I'm looking solely at SWF and DS now, as those are the main sources for rigged, imbalanced matches. Dodging is the only way to deal with it on the long run if you don't want to end up in a mental disaster.

Fix SWF and fix DS and I'm sure you'll see a lot less dodging. SWF is the main reason why Killers dodge, items and skins are mostly irrelevant unless you try to bring 4 toolboxes, because that just screams GEN RUSH and no one likes to deal with that.

...and the fact that most SWFs try especially hard to be as annoying as possible makes the whole situation even worse. Just yesterday faced one of those legendary 4x DS cancer squad. You're asking to get dodged if you play like that.

You're dodging over intended items and perks though, I get why you don't like them and how annoying they can be but there are also ways to counter it all (besides voice comm and DS) my point is on ps4 it will kill the game totally if something doesn't get done because people aren't gonna wait forever I saw with my own eyes a entire community completely switch their group to a red dead group from DBD because it wasn't working, I was in the group to find players and ended up leaving it, that's the reality of the situation. I've played twice as much killer as survivor lately because I love the game but I personally like to play as the survivor role that's why I bought the game and I feel ripped off when I buy cosmetics and find out no killer is gonna play against it because it just came out or some ridiculous reason
    All of my old friends on ps4 stopped
    Playing due to wait times. Its evolve all over again. I've honestly considering putting one foot out the door myself. I like the game alot on both sides. But i dont like Lobby Waiting Simulator.
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    If they punish killers for dodging lobbies a lot of people will just stop playing the game.
    Those players are not giving many matches precisely because they dodge, so they can gtfo. I'll still have long queues but at least i'm not gonna get dodged and be forced to restart the queue.
  • BO0ON

People would stop playing the game if they punish killers for dodging? Well it's not like people are able to play the game to begin with... And I just want to make sure we're all on the same page. When a killer cannot catch a survivor (Survivor does not teabag or anything) that is not toxic. We are supposed to run and try to dodge killer hits. Get it? Dodge killer hits, dodge lobbies. XD But anyways Every player does not win every game and when killer loses and cries toxic survivors, just try again is all. Each game should bring new trial and errors, win or lose.

@The_Crusader said:
    OrionsFury4789 said:

They need to tackle the reason why people dodge lobbies, an example being the toxicity.

• Kaelum
    Kaelum Member Posts: 994
    BO0ON said:

Gotcha, And as said before we are punished for leaving during the game(-2Pip) and you guys are rewarded. How is that to make a fuss? Killers gain something out of DC players while survivors have the most possibilities to still lose items with no bonus points when a killer DC's. However, It is beside the dodging point.

You are assuming that I only play killer, which would be a mistake. I play both, and it definitely hurts more when being short handed as a survivor, but it does hurt as a killer too. The only time I use a Mori is for dailies, or against someone I know (good, bad, or otherwise).  Some survivors just want to derank, which is happening across the board right now.

If I notice that there is not a full group, and the survivors aren’t trying to be toxic, I usually go easy on them, let them get some blood points, and at least a safety pip, before ending the match.
  • thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

@IamFran said:
    The problem is not losing, the peoblem is being abused or wasting time. I don't mind if I lose, a few hours ago 4 survivors scaped from me but I had fun anyway, I hooked two times all of them but they were smart and scaped after a fun and long game. The problem is being abused, I dont want to be genrushed and end the game with only one or two hooks at most in 5 minutes or less. Or being followed by a stupid guy tapping the flashlight while he is supossed to be running and hidding, or being forced to no breaj the pallets because they take an advantage of a game design flaw which is the disabilty of moving the camera while you are breaking a pallet to avoid being blinded. 

Conversely, survivors don't want to get dodged 10 games in a row and wait 30 minutes for a game only to get tunneled or camped or mori'd from the hook. Doesn't make you want to play when you go through all that BS to die in 2 minutes.

Also regarding the pallet breaks, just do it and eat the FL. Most of the time they will waste pallets so they can FL you and they can only do it so many times before the FL runs out. It's really not that big of a deal to be blinded for a few seconds, especially if they are injured with no IW you can just follow them by sound. Or run Lightborn and stop complaining about it. Killers that get pissy about this stuff need to accept that it's just part of the game. They are so quick to defend camping/tunneling as part of the game but can't seem to take their own advice when things are against them.

The problem is too many people have massive egos in this game. Killers need to accept that some survivors escape, and survivors need to accept that sometimes they will die. The players that think they are God's gift to DBD are often the worst offenders. I watched a video recently that talked about this sort of thing, where people that were bad at something overestimate their ability and don't recognize the mistakes they make. It's why there are so many cry baby threads like "SWF is OP" or "Fix this killer" or whatever else people want to complain about. Yes, the game isn't perfect and could be better, but at the end of the day it's just something people have to come to terms with. If you can't handle losing once in a while, sorry you should not be playing online multiplayer games.

Here is the video in case anyone wants to watch:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOLmD_WVY-E

• BO0ON

No assumption was made in my reply. Sorry you thought that. I was stating what happens when players DC. Whoever you play is on you. ^-^ > @Kaelum said:

BO0ON said:

You are assuming that I only play killer, which would be a mistake. I play both, and it definitely hurts more when being short handed as a survivor, but it does hurt as a killer too. The only time I use a Mori is for dailies, or against someone I know (good, bad, or otherwise).  Some survivors just want to derank, which is happening across the board right now.

If I notice that there is not a full group, and the survivors aren’t trying to be toxic, I usually go easy on them, let them get some blood points, and at least a safety pip, before ending the match.

• MhhBurgers
    MhhBurgers Member Posts: 1,758

I'm ok with flashlights and medkits but here's my 2 cents: instamedkits should not exist at the current stage of the game, the non-1hit TKO killers are already at a disadvantage while the strong killers are not much affected by them.

Friggin Toolboxes should NOT speed up gen repair speed, the gen repairspeed is already too fast.

• OrionsFury4789
    IamFran said:
    PiiFree said:

@OrionsFury4789 said:
    ...if the game truly is unbalanced as bad as some people think than it's dire that we let the devs collect the data to fix the problems and balance the game? Am I right?

The devs themselves (namely McLean) admitted live on stream that they are "well aware that the game is not balanced".

People dodge because devs DON'T care about balance. They are aware of it but are too afraid to balance it. I'm looking solely at SWF and DS now, as those are the main sources for rigged, imbalanced matches. Dodging is the only way to deal with it on the long run if you don't want to end up in a mental disaster.

Fix SWF and fix DS and I'm sure you'll see a lot less dodging. SWF is the main reason why Killers dodge, items and skins are mostly irrelevant unless you try to bring 4 toolboxes, because that just screams GEN RUSH and no one likes to deal with that.

...and the fact that most SWFs try especially hard to be as annoying as possible makes the whole situation even worse. Just yesterday faced one of those legendary 4x DS cancer squad. You're asking to get dodged if you play like that.

You're dodging over intended items and perks though, I get why you don't like them and how annoying they can be but there are also ways to counter it all (besides voice comm and DS) my point is on ps4 it will kill the game totally if something doesn't get done because people aren't gonna wait forever I saw with my own eyes a entire community completely switch their group to a red dead group from DBD because it wasn't working, I was in the group to find players and ended up leaving it, that's the reality of the situation. I've played twice as much killer as survivor lately because I love the game but I personally like to play as the survivor role that's why I bought the game and I feel ripped off when I buy cosmetics and find out no killer is gonna play against it because it just came out or some ridiculous reason
    Blame the toxic survivors and the SWF and items umbalance flaws for creating the dodging situation, not the killers. 
    Swf is intended you people need to get over that it's not going anywhere and neither are the items, though I'm not going to sit here and deny toxicity on either side because it does exist for both sides and is a problem
  • The_Crusader
    BO0ON said:

People would stop playing the game if they punish killers for dodging? Well it's not like people are able to play the game to begin with... And I just want to make sure we're all on the same page. When a killer cannot catch a survivor (Survivor does not teabag or anything) that is not toxic. We are supposed to run and try to dodge killer hits. Get it? Dodge killer hits, dodge lobbies. XD But anyways Every player does not win every game and when killer loses and cries toxic survivors, just try again is all. Each game should bring new trial and errors, win or lose.

@The_Crusader said:
    OrionsFury4789 said:

You can run and try to evade the killer but there's no need to run all the biggest crutches, tbag at every pallet, use a macro to click the flashlight, then sneak around the map for 10 mins at the end looking fir the hatch when you have the exit gates open, and then drop pallets so the killer has to come over and watch you tbag and hit you before you leave. Then there is the "gg ez babykiller go take your own life" talk at the end.
  • IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,616

@OrionsFury4789 said:
    IamFran said:

OrionsFury4789 said:

PiiFree said:

@OrionsFury4789 said:

Blame the toxic survivors and the SWF and items umbalance flaws for creating the dodging situation, not the killers. 

Swf is intended you people need to get over that it's not going anywhere and neither are the items, though I'm not going to sit here and deny toxicity on either side because it does exist for both sides and is a problem

And the dodging is intented too and it's not going anywhere neither.

@thesuicidefox said:

@IamFran said:
    The problem is not losing, the peoblem is being abused or wasting time. I don't mind if I lose, a few hours ago 4 survivors scaped from me but I had fun anyway, I hooked two times all of them but they were smart and scaped after a fun and long game. The problem is being abused, I dont want to be genrushed and end the game with only one or two hooks at most in 5 minutes or less. Or being followed by a stupid guy tapping the flashlight while he is supossed to be running and hidding, or being forced to no breaj the pallets because they take an advantage of a game design flaw which is the disabilty of moving the camera while you are breaking a pallet to avoid being blinded. 

Conversely, survivors don't want to get dodged 10 games in a row and wait 30 minutes for a game only to get tunneled or camped or mori'd from the hook. Doesn't make you want to play when you go through all that BS to die in 2 minutes.

Yeah, and a lot of them DC when see a Mori or are camped or even when they are the first hooked which is worse than dodging the lobby. Also, the problem of the 30 minutes queues you say are the low amount of killers which is caused by the same problems that make them dodge. It's the fish eating his own tail.

• OrionsFury4789
    IamFran said:

@OrionsFury4789 said:
    IamFran said:

OrionsFury4789 said:

PiiFree said:

@OrionsFury4789 said:

@thesuicidefox said:

@IamFran said:

Yeah, and a lot of them DC when see a Mori or are camped or even when they are the first hooked which is worse than dodging the lobby. Also, the problem of the 30 minutes queues you say are the low amount of killers which is caused by the same problems that make them dodge. It's the fish eating his own tail.

Keep telling yourself that, not queen said it was definitely a possibility once the servers are implemented , with all these dodging complaints and people leaving the game, I definitely wouldn't be surprised if they do implement time penalties, it's breaking the whole design of the game when you can't use items you spent points on or you can't where a cosmetic they just sold you , plus waiting hours for a match in with that, it would be the smartest thing they could do with this game if they want it to survive five more years 
  • OrionsFury4789
    IamFran said:

@OrionsFury4789 said:
    IamFran said:

OrionsFury4789 said:

PiiFree said:

@OrionsFury4789 said:

@thesuicidefox said:

@IamFran said:

And BTW Ive played twice as much killer as survivor the past couple months due to these times and dont ever dodge unless  against someone using the portable PlayStation on McDonald's wifi then of course who wouldn't dodge a 1000 ping match? There are tools available to counter anything thrown at you and its super rare you get a depip squad style team which if most of you don't already know my boy marth88 is bringing the depip squad back for another experiment at rank one with the new patches implemented 
  • thesuicidefox

@IamFran said:

The "problems" with dodging are killers have no balls. Period. I can understand the occasional dodge now and then, but there are way to many killers that just scum lobbies until they find one where they are confident they will win. It's disgusting. Maybe you wouldn't suck as killer if you actually challenged yourself from time to time. I've gone up against groups that I KNOW will be really hard, and I've been bodied in those situations, but 99% of the time I can point to specific mistakes I made that cost me the game. It's not DS, it's not Adren, it's not toolboxes, it's not gen rush, it's not SWF. IT WAS ME. Yea survivors can stack the odds in their favor, but killer's have pink mori which is literally the great equalizer. You put one on and now it almost doesn't matter what survivors do. If you are any sort of decent killer, you will get a 3k. Not to mention OP add-ons like infinite tier 3 Myers or pink hatchets or Billy/LF insta-saw. If you suspect it will be that hard of a game you have tools to level the playing field. If you choose not to use them then don't go crying about how SWF is broken or any of that bullshit.

And to be clear, I'm not condoning survivor DC's. That shouldn't happen, but it doesn't excuse killers from cherry picking games either.

• IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,616

@thesuicidefox said:

@IamFran said:

The "problems" with dodging are killers have no balls. Period. I can understand the occasional dodge now and then, but there are way to many killers that just scum lobbies until they find one where they are confident they will win. It's disgusting. Maybe you wouldn't suck as killer if you actually challenged yourself from time to time. I've gone up against groups that I KNOW will be really hard, and I've been bodied in those situations, but 99% of the time I can point to specific mistakes I made that cost me the game. It's not DS, it's not Adren, it's not toolboxes, it's not gen rush, it's not SWF. IT WAS ME. Yea survivors can stack the odds in their favor, but killer's have pink mori which is literally the great equalizer. You put one on and now it almost doesn't matter what survivors do. If you are any sort of decent killer, you will get a 3k. Not to mention OP add-ons like infinite tier 3 Myers or pink hatchets or Billy/LF insta-saw. If you suspect it will be that hard of a game you have tools to level the playing field. If you choose not to use them then don't go crying about how SWF is broken or any of that bullshit.

And to be clear, I'm not condoning survivor DC's. That shouldn't happen, but it doesn't excuse killers from cherry picking games either.

I'm not playing this game or another game for showing how many balls I have, I just want to have a fun time, if that time become frustrating instead fun, the game doesn't fulfil it's mission then. If I have a remote possibility of avoiding something frustrating and the game let me do it, I'll do it, dodging in this case. Anyway, I can agree with you and other survivors in that many killers dodge for ridiculous reasons such survivor outfits, survivor characters or nicks. in the case of the nicks the only exceptions for me is the people nicknamed "toxic whatever" or something simillar or the people which nickname start in "Hex:" because I have heard that they are a toxic survivor clan. I don't dodge for the outfit or the survivor, I dodge when I see more than two toolboxes, mor than one flashlight or both combined. for the reasons mentioned before in the thread by myself.
    Of couse you can point your "specific mistakes" when losing a game, the problem is most of the games those "specific mistakes" are haven't played nurse or billy in that game.

• Naiad
    Naiad Member Posts: 194

@The_Crusader said:
    OrionsFury4789 said:

You have no idea if a survivor is going to be toxic before entering the match. You're using biased past experiences to judge survivors on the character they choose, the clothes they choose, they name they choose. Could they be toxic? Or course but anyone wearing or carrying anything could. For all you know you're missing out on a fun match because you refuse to play certain lobbies. You've had bad experiences and instead of challenging yourself and moving past them you use them as an excuse to dodge.

I get it, killer is harder but if you're that confident in yourself at your rank you would give those hard lobbies a chance once in a while. Doesn't have to be every single one but maybe 2-3 times a week say I'm not dodging this today and see if it surprises you.

Unfortunately the toxicity is in a cycle now. Killers complain survivors do toxic stuff such as gen rush, ds etc so they have a reason to camp/tunnel/mori. Survivors use the camping/tunneling/moris to bring in their 'toxic' perks/items. The only REAL toxicity should be considered the end game chat toxicity or holding the game hostage. Perks, items and add-ons are intended and shouldn't be considered toxic. Live with them. If you feel they're unbalanced continue to advocate for a change in them without calling out any survivor/killer that uses them as 'toxic'. The meaning of that word in gaming has been lost in DbD.

• thesuicidefox
    edited February 2019

@IamFran said:
    I'm not playing this game or another game for showing how many balls I have, I just want to have a fun time, if that time become frustrating instead fun, the game doesn't fulfil it's mission then. If I have a remote possibility of avoiding something frustrating and the game let me do it, I'll do it, dodging in this case. Anyway, I can agree with you and other survivors in that many killers dodge for ridiculous reasons such survivor outfits, survivor characters or nicks. in the case of the nicks the only exceptions for me is the people nicknamed "toxic whatever" or something simillar or the people which nickname start in "Hex:" because I have heard that they are a toxic survivor clan. I don't dodge for the outfit or the survivor, I dodge when I see more than two toolboxes, mor than one flashlight or both combined. for the reasons mentioned before in the thread by myself.

To be entirely blunt, if you want to have fun with a video game play something that doesn't have online multiplayer. Like for real, you are playing against other human beings, not NPC's, and as such you have to accept that there will be some games that are "less fun" simply because you get beat. No one likes to lose, but when you basically say "losing isn't fun" then you should be playing another game. Civ 5 maybe IDK. To expect to win, and thus have "fun" all the time is pure lunacy. Literally EVERY multiplayer game can be not fun when you lose. It doesn't matter what it is. If you want to play multiplayer games just come to terms with losing as part of the game and you will end up having more fun than you think.

Of couse you can point your "specific mistakes" when losing a game, the problem is most of the games those "specific mistakes" are haven't played nurse or billy in that game.

This is another thing. Nurse and Billy might be the strongest killers in the game but they are NOT the only killers viable at rank 1. You can do plenty of work with other killers. Spirit, Huntress, and Hag are all top tier as well. Hell even Freddy can actually be a very strong killer if you know what you are doing. Not to say he isn't the weakest, but being the weakest killer =/= unplayable. It just means you have to work harder for your wins, or have solid builds/strats going into a game. I have 2 Freddy builds that literally no group has ever escaped, 4k's every time. Solo, SWF, doesn't matter. Why? Because they are strong builds and I stick to my strategy. Are they completely unbeatable? No there are still ways to beat them, but so far no group has succeeded in that. One group came very close but then it all fell apart once I got my momentum going.

This mentality that "only Nurse/Billy can win at rank 1" is probably why killers dodge, because they are too inept in their own abilities to admit they aren't as good as they think. When they lose they get all pissy about it and blame the game, when in fact it will almost always be on them. Watch the video I posted earlier, it will explain a lot about what I'm talking about here.

• Tucking_Friggered
    Tucking_Friggered Member Posts: 636

@BO0ON said:
    Ok, whoa there.. Survivors DC cause of a hidden offering, I don't buy it. Maybe in your experience, however it seems to be less likely that survivors would do that as a killer dodges more lobbies than they can actually play. And as I said before, when survivors leave durning the game we are penalized for it and you killers get quitters bonus. Not to mention that you can also report the player for leaving too, soo something can be done about that, but what is being done about the dodging.. Just more dodging.

@Ryuhi said:

@BO0ON said:
    But finding a "fair" match is already found. thats why there are ranks. The game has items to use and if killers don't like what the game game has, don't play at all and set up false hope for a game. But I understand what you mean on the other part, that's where the killer perks are supposed to come in though and slow down the process.

SWF matchmaking doesn't go off of the highest ranked person. Its very common in low ranks as killer to have high ranked players get brought in through grouping with 1 or more lower rank players. Why comment about killers not playing the game because they don't like items, when survivors constantly DC when they see a hidden offering, a p3 nurse, a legion in general, etc? They actually do more harm to the game than any lobby dodging killer ever will.

Hahahaha. Equip moris friend and watch how 4 green pings hang at the loading screen. That's the survivor(s) dcing and if I did it a dozen times it would occur at least 6, conservatively.

• BO0ON

Really now? If killers don't like the fact that survivors want to take on the challenge and get more points with the hatch escape then stop playing. Its being mad at the game properties. Don't be mad at the players just playing the game as suppose to. I understand its time consuming, but that's just part of the match as a whole. You gotta deal with it or not play is all. And I'm not saying all survivors don't do what you're saying but can't really use it as leverage to dodge(thats my opinion)- Sorry). I can say Killers tunnel for easy game/kill and when they hook the survivors on last hook, they nod their head to the cut scene. Again not everyone does it but being that it happens, both sides see it in a general aspect. It is unfortunate, but dodging lobbies because of gameplay shouldn't be an excuse because most killers are scared of challenge or as they say "waste of time" lmao > @The_Crusader said:

BO0ON said:

@The_Crusader said:

OrionsFury4789 said:

You can run and try to evade the killer but there's no need to run all the biggest crutches, tbag at every pallet, use a macro to click the flashlight, then sneak around the map for 10 mins at the end looking fir the hatch when you have the exit gates open, and then drop pallets so the killer has to come over and watch you tbag and hit you before you leave. Then there is the "gg ez babykiller go take your own life" talk at the end.

• The_Crusader

@Naiad said:

@The_Crusader said:
    OrionsFury4789 said:

You have no idea if a survivor is going to be toxic before entering the match. You're using biased past experiences to judge survivors on the character they choose, the clothes they choose, they name they choose. Could they be toxic? Or course but anyone wearing or carrying anything could. For all you know you're missing out on a fun match because you refuse to play certain lobbies. You've had bad experiences and instead of challenging yourself and moving past them you use them as an excuse to dodge.

I get it, killer is harder but if you're that confident in yourself at your rank you would give those hard lobbies a chance once in a while. Doesn't have to be every single one but maybe 2-3 times a week say I'm not dodging this today and see if it surprises you.

Unfortunately the toxicity is in a cycle now. Killers complain survivors do toxic stuff such as gen rush, ds etc so they have a reason to camp/tunnel/mori. Survivors use the camping/tunneling/moris to bring in their 'toxic' perks/items. The only REAL toxicity should be considered the end game chat toxicity or holding the game hostage. Perks, items and add-ons are intended and shouldn't be considered toxic. Live with them. If you feel they're unbalanced continue to advocate for a change in them without calling out any survivor/killer that uses them as 'toxic'. The meaning of that word in gaming has been lost in DbD.

I have no idea why killers dodge some lobbies, but in general there is consistency among toxic players. You get a feel for it.

I don't dodge every lobby. i do dodge some though. I decide which killer I want to play before the game begins. If I see some toxic looking noob3 wannabe and I'm playing a good killer then I couldn't care less. Spirit, Clown, Hag, Nurse etc in fact if it's clown and I bring his green add ons and enduring then their DS won't affect me - since it's obvious they will have that perk.

If I decide I want to play Pig or Freddy though? and they're tbagging me at the other side of a pallet, and you can't do ######### because some loops in the game are just too safe, then you know that when you finally get them down after eating pallets they'll just d-strike and get away free anyway. Sure you can ignore them but then you've got some idiot running around with a flashlight trying to get your attention every second, and I get that it has them off gens but sometimes I just want to play a normal game and I can't be bothered with that. I can't be bothering loading in and seeing the aura of some idiot with object of obsession tbagging me from the other side of the map.

Sometimes you just want to play a normal game with normal people. Why should I have to tolerate these people who just want to ruin the game for me by being as annoying as possible?

and it's obvious why people avoid SWF, the communication tool is a HUGE advantage. What's the incentive to play against them? people have asked for something as simple as extra BP but the devs won't have it. Give people an incentive to deal with the harder games.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@BO0ON said:
    I Know, and Calm spirit exists because it prevents screams from the doctor, clown, and such but yet, we still have to guess if it it's useful against the unknown killer... Good try though. > @Master said:

@BO0ON said:
    So I know and understand that the developers are working hard to fix the long queue times for survivors, but I still face an issue that I feel is still unfair to us. I main and only play survivor so I see it happen too many times to feel its a coincident.
    -When in a lobby the killer sees what the 4 players bring and decide not to play up against a group that has toolbox's or med kits, whatever the case may be and so they decide to leave to find another lobby that best suits their comfortability.-
    It does not help the fact that I (and I'm sure many others) have waited soo long to find a game that is just going to be false and have us look forward to another 30+ min wait to potentially have the same thing happen again.

So I ask, Is something being done about the killers seeing our items?

Its an intended feature that the killer sees your items, thats why perks like franklins demise and lightborn exist.

Ive said this when they proposed its rework, calm spirit is flawed design

• pemberley
    pemberley Member Posts: 1,510
    I don’t like to dodge because I don’t like to wait in lobbies either. I also think survivors should wear what they want. I like seeing nice skins and outfits. But there are things that because I have encountered very toxic play from, I get very wary of: bald Dwights are notorious (as killer and survivor - I don’t think I have encountered a single nice bald Dwight ever, they either sandbag or deliberately try to make killers miserable.) 
  • Paddy4583
    Paddy4583 Member Posts: 864
    BO0ON said:

Interesting.. Thanks.

@Kaelum said:
    @BO0ON watch the dev streams. They’ve talked about it at least 3 or 4 times in the 18 months that I’ve been playing.

Yep, they said they were not going to ever put a clown into the game too, don’t listen to the streams, they lie 
  • BO0ON

LOL xD > @Paddy4583 said:

BO0ON said:

Interesting.. Thanks.

@Kaelum said:

@BO0ON watch the dev streams. They’ve talked about it at least 3 or 4 times in the 18 months that I’ve been playing.

Yep, they said they were not going to ever put a clown into the game too, don’t listen to the streams, they lie 

• The_Crusader

Ok you want to know why killers are so picky about lobbies? Here are 2 games I just had..

When you have the nerve to play the game properly...

When you're winning, not even slugging but one disconnects so their friend can get the hatch anyway.

Let me be clear that these aren't uncommon at all, in fact they're VERY common. We don't want SWF who cheats and D/C to deny the killer points for the hook. I don't even slug ffs.

We don't want verbal abuse just for playing the game by you know....killing people as killer.

I'll continue to be picky as long as survivors are like this. Oh and if you don't ready up on time you're getting kicked back to the main menu. I'm not having some idiot do a last second change to P3 claudette with a flashlight. It's not that they're too hard, it's that those people are incredibly toxic. If you join a lobby you don't need 60 seconds to prepare, do it BEFORE you join the lobby.

• BO0ON

Like I said before DC's players are penalized for it... That shouldn't be leverage to be picky. And besides doesn't that mean the killer is doing something right (for once- lol) Just report the player and on to the next game. simple. I agree about setting up you load out before games again. But it just seems to me that killers are finding every little, very tiiiinnny excuse to dodge now. > @The_Crusader said:

Ok you want to know why killers are so picky about lobbies? Here are 2 games I just had..

When you have the nerve to play the game properly...

When you're winning, not even slugging but one disconnects so their friend can get the hatch anyway.

Let me be clear that these aren't uncommon at all, in fact they're VERY common. We don't want SWF who cheats and D/C to deny the killer points for the hook. I don't even slug ffs.

We don't want verbal abuse just for playing the game by you know....killing people as killer.

I'll continue to be picky as long as survivors are like this. Oh and if you don't ready up on time you're getting kicked back to the main menu. I'm not having some idiot do a last second change to P3 claudette with a flashlight. It's not that they're too hard, it's that those people are incredibly toxic. If you join a lobby you don't need 60 seconds to prepare, do it BEFORE you join the lobby.

• Kaelum
    Kaelum Member Posts: 994

@Paddy4583 said:

BHVR never once said that they wouldn't put a clown into the game, that was just a rumor that players were passing around. Prior to adding the clown, they did say that some people have real phobias about clowns, but they never said that they wouldn't add one because of that.

• Paddy4583
    edited February 2019
    Kaelum said:

@Paddy4583 said:

BHVR never once said that they wouldn't put a clown into the game, that was just a rumor that players were passing around. Prior to adding the clown, they did say that some people have real phobias about clowns, but they never said that they wouldn't add one because of that.

It was said in a QandA along the lines of:
    Will we have a clown killer?
    No that would be silly!

Regardless it doesn’t change the point.

• Paddy4583
    edited February 2019
    BO0ON said:

Lol this is by far the most irrelevant response to this.. Thanks for your input though.. > @Paddy4583 said:

Luckily not all killers a pussys and they don’t all dodge at all, I think it’s an American thing, you know what they are like.

Actually the whole thread is irrelevant!
    They gonna keep dodging, you can’t force people to play with you.
  • Tucking_Friggered
    edited February 2019

@Paddy4583 said:
    Luckily not all killers a pussys and they don’t all dodge at all, I think it’s an American thing, you know what they are like.

Said someone that would not say so to anyone in America. We have tourists from the world over and I've never seen or heard one going on an anti-American rant in public. I guess talk is cheap and particularly easy online.

Nope, in America the outsiders are real humble and polite.

• MhhBurgers

@Tucking_Friggered said:

@Paddy4583 said:

Said someone that would not say so to anyone in America. We have tourists from the world over and I've never seen or heard one going on an anti-American rant in public. I guess talk is cheap and particularly easy online.

While he's racist, you're implying that Americans are somehow tougher than others which is also not true and also racist.

• Paddy4583

@Tucking_Friggered said:

@Paddy4583 said:

While he's racist, you're implying that Americans are somehow tougher than others which is also not true and also racist.

I don’t think “American” is a race 
  • MhhBurgers

@Paddy4583 said:
    MhhBurgers said:

@Tucking_Friggered said:

@Paddy4583 said:

I don’t think “American” is a race 

Racism involves not just "races". You can also be racist against certain religious groups.

• Tucking_Friggered
    edited February 2019

@MhhBurgers said:

@Tucking_Friggered said:

@Paddy4583 said:

Tougher? Not per se. But we have a gun culture and we'll put a hole in your ass fairly quickly in a way other nations don't quite compare to. Perhaps in parts of Africa and the like but with them it is usually tribal and over resources where in America we kill people just for talking smack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbC9Mb1NUa8

This dude rapping has a street rep with 1/2 a dozen or more bodies. Confirmed. Not only does he not give a single "F" there is a whole city of others like him. And that's just one city in the states.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3SCkRyUoMI

Here's another one. Confirmed most of the names on the hoody.

• Paddy4583
    @MhhBurgers American is also not a religion
  • FangGreyfur
    FangGreyfur Member Posts: 25

So.. 
    Repair gen=gen rush=toxicity
    Flashlight=toxicity
    Health kits=toxicity
    Using pallet=toxicity

I suppose ds=toxicity, borrtime=toxicity , adrenaline=toxicity.

How dare survivor try to escape from Lord Killer?

Oh gods yes! XD I feel like Killers blame the game OR the survivors for being coordinated, saying they are Toxic.... they ######### aren't....
    I watched a video by "DamnNoHtml" when he talked about the "Second biggest problem in Dead by Daylight" Yes, I get that some perks are strong, however, killer mains ######### and moan about four flashlight and DS Death squads... I play everyday.. I see NOTHING like that... I do however see Killers running Ruin and that #########.

I want any Killer main, neutral or Survivor mains to think about this... This game needs to be balanced based on the Casual Majority, this is not a tournament legal Competitive game, it's a party game that makes no ######### sense, that's like balancing Ultimate Chicken Horse to be a speed running game, it isn't.
    If you want a competitive game, I hear that Apex Legends or even Fortnite is good for that.

I for one think this game is okay, it could use improvements (Which game is perfect?)

Last thing I wanna say is this: Killer Mains... You're the reason Toxic survivors exist.... same with Survivor Mains, you are the reason Toxic Killers exist. The moment you all stop circle jerking and find GENERAL ISSUES about the game and BRING THAT TO THE DEVS instead of "Meeehhh The survivors are dropping pallets on my head" or "Meeeeeeehhhh they blind me it's meeeaaan waaah" or on the survivor sides "Meeehhh this killer is bull #########" or "Meeehh I wish we had a better weapon against the killers" that's when this game will get better.

• preetygoodforumsofar
    preetygoodforumsofar Member Posts: 81
    edited February 2019

@BO0ON said:
    So I know and understand that the developers are working hard to fix the long queue times for survivors,

not really

• NathanExplosion
    NathanExplosion Member Posts: 337
    edited February 2019

@MhhBurgers said:

@Tucking_Friggered said:

@Paddy4583 said:

Us, frogs, are laughing ATM.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    edited February 2019

@Tucking_Friggered said:

@Paddy4583 said:

Should I ever set foot in the USA, I won't go on an anti-American rant in public either. Not with so many snowflakes carrying guns and wiling to shoot anyone over the slightest disagreement.

• friendlykillermain
    friendlykillermain Member Posts: 3,162
    edited February 2019

this thread is turning to the dark side

DIE
    (freindlykillermain used psi rockin omega)

• XavierBoah17
    XavierBoah17 Member Posts: 204
    Think about it like this: Killers have no idea how long you waited nor would they care. They are playing killer to simply kill survivors. I dont lobby dodge killer or survivior lobbys unless ping is in the 160s or higher. But I get why Killers would lobby dodge, playing against squadettes is a headache and then some.