https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/472588/future-of-dead-by-daylight-forums
Fair Hex Rework
A Discussion thats not about Thrill.
The goal is to make hexes less frustrating for both sides. I would adjust Hexperks so that the totem isn’t ignited until the perk is used for the first time. This means that, for example, as soon as Ruin starts resetting the first generator, the hex totem would spawn. With Devour, this would spawn after the first hook. This would prevent Hexperks from being destroyed immediately due to an unfortunate spawn. Furthermore, if Hexperks remain in place long enough, I would reveal them—for example, if Ruin has been active for 4 minutes, starting at the 4-minute mark, Survivors within a 6-meter radius would see it glow. The radius could then be increased by, say, 3 meters every minute. The time and distance can, of course, be adjusted. This change would prevent a single Hexperk from going unfound for the entire round and saving the Killer—for example, “Ruin” in a 3-gen situation.
Furthermore, I would introduce a feature where Hex Totems look like Dull Totems once they’re beyond a certain distance. Or perhaps add this as an effect for maybe Shattered Hope or Thrill (after the nerf).
With this change, I think hexes would be more balanced and their effects wouldn't be completely random.
It would help reduce frustration on the Killers' side to have a 20-second hex, and on the Survivors' side to have an invisible hex.