Why so many killers slug for 4k?

Eveline
Eveline Member Posts: 2,340
Don't get me wrong I don't even want the hatch I just want to move to the next game. It's so boring.

Comments

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Because they're different, they want to try and secure the 4k.

• Eveline
    But it takes forever sometimes...
  • Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

@Eveline said:

True.
    And sometimes the match lasts only 4 minutes.
    There's still a lot of boring stuff...

• Eveline

@Eveline said:

It takes four minutes for a Survivor to bleed out. Hatch standoffs can easily last upwards of 10-20 minutes.

Maybe you are right.
  • Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,080

@Blueberry said:
    It's not sweat, it's his objective.

It depends. Sometimes it is simply sweaty. Few days ago had a game where a 2 Man SWF decides to DC, one of them caught, the other not even on the Hook once with 2 Gens to go. Killer still needs to slug me to get the other person. Pretty sweaty, I would say.
    Another time the Killer really refused to hit me on a hook where I may be able to reach the hatch, I needed to run all the way to another hook to show him that I am not doing a Hatch Stand-Off. Also sweeaty.

In general in my opintion slugging is a little bit sweaty. Not like the two situations I mentioned, but still. A Killer also wins (=pips) with 3 Kills.
    But well, it is his Objective. And still the Term "Gen Rush" exists, when it is the Survivors Objective... Double Standards, wohoo.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

@Aven_Fallen said:

@Blueberry said:

It depends. Sometimes it is simply sweaty. Few days ago had a game where a 2 Man SWF decides to DC, one of them caught, the other not even on the Hook once with 2 Gens to go. Killer still needs to slug me to get the other person. Pretty sweaty, I would say.
    Another time the Killer really refused to hit me on a hook where I may be able to reach the hatch, I needed to run all the way to another hook to show him that I am not doing a Hatch Stand-Off. Also sweeaty.

In general in my opintion slugging is a little bit sweaty. Not like the two situations I mentioned, but still. A Killer also wins (=pips) with 3 Kills.
    But well, it is his Objective. And still the Term "Gen Rush" exists, when it is the Survivors Objective... Double Standards, wohoo.

You are mentioning extremely anecdotal circumstances. Those games are not the norm. I'm not saying all of them are non sweaty, but in general.

• Aven_Fallen

@Blueberry said:

@Aven_Fallen said:

@Blueberry said:

You are mentioning extremely anecdotal circumstances. Those games are not the norm. I'm not saying all of them are non sweaty, but in general.

Yeah, like I said, for me it is a little bit sweaty. But mostly it is boring, when I lay on the ground for too long, haha. And yes, I know that slugging is the only way to guarantee a 4K. But like I said, 3K is also a Win for the Killer.

• Blueberry

@Aven_Fallen said:

@Blueberry said:

@Aven_Fallen said:

@Blueberry said:

Yeah, like I said, for me it is a little bit sweaty. But mostly it is boring, when I lay on the ground for too long, haha. And yes, I know that slugging is the only way to guarantee a 4K. But like I said, 3K is also a Win for the Killer.

Watching the last survivor get to escape with his participation trophy for free is also boring to me. Hopefully they fix the hatch and then neither of us will have to be bored.

• Aven_Fallen

@Blueberry said:

@Aven_Fallen said:

@Blueberry said:

@Aven_Fallen said:

@Blueberry said:

Watching the last survivor get to escape with his participation trophy for free is also boring to me. Hopefully they fix the hatch and then neither of us will have to be bored.

As Killer I dont mind if the last survivor gets the Hatch. The only thing that I really dislike is Survivors waiting at the Hatch so that the Killer sees that they escape through it.
    But, like I said, I dont do Stand-Offs. Had one as Survivor which lasted 45 minutes and I will never do this again. I am not that stubborn.

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270
    There are those of us who rarely do it. Looking for the slugged third survivor after I hooked the fourth... it's almost as boring for the killer as for the survivor on the ground. I like my 4K-s just fine, but it's not worth my time, unless I'm playing Freddy, or packing Deerstalker.
  • Blueberry

@Tzeentchling9 said:
    Survivors: "Hatch is fine, just slug if you want the 4k."

Also Survivors: "WHY ARE YOU SLUGGING FOR THE 4K?!?!"

Seriously, it's because that is the Killer's only answer to the hatch.

+1

• Eveline
    Again generalising. God some of you people are so cringeworthy.
  • Tzeentchling9
    Tzeentchling9 Member Posts: 1,796
    Eveline said:
    Again generalising.
    Not really. Go open any hatch complaint thread and you'll find Survivors saying exactly that.
  • Eveline
    Did I say that? 
  • Blueberry

@Eveline said:
    Did I say that? 

"Again generalising" Yeah, you did

• Eveline
    Did I said the thing about the hatch? 
    That's what I'm saying.
  • AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    I just slug the 3rd survivor and look for the final one probably crouching around. I don't care most times but the more toxic or desperate that last survivor is determines whether I bother letting them get hatch

• Tzeentchling9
    Eveline said:
    That's what I'm saying.
    Eveline said:
    Don't get me wrong I don't even want the hatch I just want to move to the next game. It's so boring.
    Seems to imply that slugging is happening because the hatch is in play.
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Eveline said:

Its the only counter to the hatch.
    Blame the survivor community that prevented the hatch closing mechanic, now we are stuck with the crappy original design.....

• Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423

Because It's the only way to get a 4k thanks to the hatch, Blame the hatch mechanic not the killer.

Personally I don't have the time to slug for a 4k and I'll just let the survivor get the hatch since there's nothing a killer can do really when it comes to hatch. But there are people who are against the hatch with good reason and there's nothing wrong with that.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291

Its a way to secure the 4k victory and counter the hatch.

• branchini1979
    branchini1979 Member Posts: 295
    If you can be the second from last survivor downed and killer is slugging, it's the only time you get to use unbreakable. Only happened a few times but got me a few escapes because killer wanted to slug for 4k. 
  • Blueberry

Even if slugging is an issue to any survivor there are multiple anti slugging perks available, they just simply refuse to use them.

• Eveline
    Eveline said:
    That's what I'm saying.
    Eveline said:
    So saying I don't want the hatch and just slug is the same.

Nice work Sherlock. After that I can't take you seriously anymore.
  • Eveline
    Nor the people who liked your comment. You are so far into the bias that you completely lost your mind in hating survivors.
  • NuclearBurrito2
    NuclearBurrito2 Member Posts: 262

Sorry but I want to win.

As killer that means I need to slug to prevent the hatch
    As survivor that means I need to gen rush to open the gates

Does that make these things good design? No, but that isn't the players fault so they aren't the ones who should be blamed

Instead we should try and have mechanics that fix the fundamental issues

Things besides gens required to escape, less emphasis on the hatch ect

• NuclearBurrito2
    NuclearBurrito2 Member Posts: 262

If we can properly fix the death efficiently issue then that should make both of these other issues less problematic

• Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

If its a SWF team, and they were annoying... I'll slug. Period.

I'm entitled to slug, I'm entitled to kill.

In a game called "dead by daylight" the survivors aren't entitled to survive.

• Tzeentchling9
    Eveline said:
    Eveline said:
    That's what I'm saying.
    Eveline said:
    So saying I don't want the hatch and just slug is the same.

Nice work Sherlock. After that I can't take you seriously anymore.
    Fine, then where did I say you said that, generalizer?
  • Aven_Fallen

@Blueberry said:
    Even if slugging is an issue to any survivor there are multiple anti slugging perks available, they just simply refuse to use them.

What are those Perks?
    Unbreakable for sure, but please dont tell me you mean No Mither with this "Please pick me up, I will recover from dying state"-Sign.

• Tzeentchling9
    edited February 2019
    Eveline said:
    Nor the people who liked your comment. You are so far into the bias that you completely lost your mind in hating survivors.
    You are hilarious bro. I said the exact same thing everyone else is saying and shared commonplace experience in this forum. Get over yourself.

I hate on Survivors because they don't like being called out on their own bullshit. I play Survivor way more now and it's total easy mode.
  • Eveline
    Yeah I believe you with that attitude. You are everything wrong with this community.
  • Blueberry

@Aven_Fallen said:

@Blueberry said:

What are those Perks?
    Unbreakable for sure, but please dont tell me you mean No Mither with this "Please pick me up, I will recover from dying state"-Sign.

Unbreakable, Tenacity and to an extent Adrenaline. This is on top of the fact that slugging was nerfed recently to where you can recover to only needing a second tap from another survivor to get you up or that with the recently added ranking system killers are punished for slugging as it doesn't get you any emblem points.

• Eveline
    Anyway this topic is going in wrong direction like always. I even agreed with someone saying it's better than hatch stand offs but ppl like you just want to promote hate against the other side.
  • Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050

Why do survivors wait at the gates when no one is hooked?

• Tzeentchling9
    Eveline said:
    Yeah I believe you with that attitude. You are everything wrong with this community.
    +1 LOL

Survivor achievements don't come on their own: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198135981595/stats/381210/achievements/
  • Eveline
    edited February 2019
    Edit: Nvm.
  • Eveline

Why do survivors wait at the gates when no one is hooked?

That's totally the topic here. 
  • WatchBloodRain
    WatchBloodRain Member Posts: 175
    For me it's for the kill everyone trophy, is a pain in the arse since I almost had it, last guy DC during animation...or other related trophies
  • thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    edited February 2019

I think it's an acceptable tactic. The only time it gets really annoying is when they 1) camp the slug, or 2) drop reset until they find both of you. Drags out the game unnecessarily and just wastes time. It's honestly surprising to see how many killers think survivors will fall for that, like I'm not going to heal the guy/let the guy heal me if it means we both die.

I flat out give hatch nowadays and still double pip. If I slug for the 4k (or more likely to catch the other guy for my BBQ stack) I completely leave the slug and go kick gens or something. A good chunk of the time I will just find the guy, if not they come save their friend because I'm not being a douche. I'll make my rounds to all the gens, about a minute, then come back to the slug. If he's still down and I find him I'll just take the hook. A lot of times I can still even catch the guy before they find hatch, but again I double pipped so I don't care as much. I care more about my BBQ stack than a 4k.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Regardless of how the killer played the match, slugging comes down to being the strongest counter versus the hatch.