The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

You Own BVHR, What Is Your First Change To DBD?

Dreamnomad
Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,850
edited February 2019 in General Discussions

So low hanging fruit people. What change would you make that requires the least amount of investment for the largest return? Here is my choice. Add a way to exchange purchased items and add ons for add ons or items of equal rarity for characters at level 50. Add a 10% discount for each prestige level. For example, a level 50 Hillbilly could exchange chainsaw files for spark plugs for 3000 bloodpoints. If that Hillbilly were prestige 3 he could make the same exchange for 2100 bloodpoints.

What would be the first thing you would change?

EDIT: A lot of players seem to think of this thread as a "wishlist" thread. That really isn't the intent. The idea is for this to be a mental exercise where you try not to just think of what you want, but what would be best for the company. So maybe you personally, don't like SWF. But do you honestly believe that nerfing or banishing SWF is the best idea from a financial perspective? Would you still feel that way if it affected your bank account?

Ideally, you can come up with ideas that would improve your gaming experience, but also be financially viable. Those are the ideas that they really want to hear and will benefit all of us the most. But this isn't a dictatorship, write what you want.

Post edited by Dreamnomad on

Comments

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    Poweas said:

Hm. I'd add a 2v8 gamemode.

Oh yeah, that too 
  • HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948
    I would stop with DLCs, would rework perks, killers and the endgame and at the meantime the cosmetics team would make sure that money keeps flooding in. After all issues are fixed, I would continue with new game modes and DLCs 
  • Unnamed_Freak
    Unnamed_Freak Member Posts: 570

@Orion said:
    Permanently ban all toxic players, thus eliminating the main source of grievances within the community.

This, so much this.
    It's freaking stupid how they let toxic players get away so easily, they literally ruin everyone's day.

• Ghost_Potato
    Ghost_Potato Member Posts: 59

Ban DbD from streaming on Twitch that is where all this Toxic playstyles and speech came from.

• Gengarism
    Gengarism Member Posts: 24

Can't decide from these two:
    1. Change green bloodpoint offerings to be 200% in each category
    2. Remove Shelter Woods. That map is f*cking boring.

• Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423

2v8 Mode
    Buff/Nerf Killers to all be Viable at higher ranks and rework their Add ons so nothings too OP.
    Remove or rework DS
    Do something to close the gaps between Solo, Killers and SWF.
    Crack down more on toxicity.

There's probably a lot more but those are the main things I'd do.

• Walker_of_the_fog_96
    Walker_of_the_fog_96 Member Posts: 1,238

Fps in ps4

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615

I'd prepare some random and funny April fools stuff. :)

• xXNurseXx
    xXNurseXx Member Posts: 261

Nerf Nurse & Dstrike

• RepliCant
    RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436

A Story mode would be cool. I want to dig down more into the lore of the game and a new game mode would be nice.

or a 2v8 mode. It'd be wild but it sounds so fun.

Also, for Spirit to have a vaulting animation

• e8Lattice
    e8Lattice Member Posts: 189

I'd liquidate DBD and put the money into making Eternal Crusade the fully realized open world epic 40k mmo it was always meant to be.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    edited February 2019

Remove DS and NOED
    Exchange offerings as per the OP
    Punish DCers with timeouts along with lobby dodgers (unless ping is over a certain amount)
    Remove Legion or change their power.
    Change the mend mechanic so if you are within x amount of meters from the killer it wont deplete
    BT doesnt work once the exit gates are powered
    Change what info you get the on screen higherrank you are so at ranks 5-1 you get no on screen notifications
    Make ranking up more rewarding and something players want to do
    Add more objectives the higher up the ranks you go

• Weederick
    Weederick Member Posts: 1,080

Balance overpowered perks and addons (DS, Noed, Instaheal, some killer addons)

Immediate DC penalty (5 min waiting -> 15 min -> 1 day)

Adress gen- & sacrifice times to prolong the game. Lessen the gap between efficient genrushers and immersed stealthplayers. E.g. gens automatically repair over time and actively repairing gens is slower than now.

• Laakeri
    Laakeri Member Posts: 835
    Hire first game dev.
  • TheDarkWall
    TheDarkWall Member Posts: 132

Increase efforts on prompt glitch fixes and balancing changes.

• NightmareReborn
    NightmareReborn Member Posts: 810

I would add a story to DbD. Every game is better with a story! I mean, we already have the basic elements of a story here (Protagonists, Antagonists, and a set universe), but I have a feeling that DbD could be so much more with a story full of detailed events! For example, let's say that a licensed killer comes once a year. Once a year, there could be a date in which a "temporal rift" would open up and connect the DbD universe to whatever new universe would be joining DbD. Sorry if that was confusing at all but yeah...

And optimization, nuff said

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688

All the nerf/remove D-strike posts.

It's almost as if the community is trying to say something...

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676

I'd slightly nerf meta killers and buffed weakest killers so that we can get more diversity. Rework all of the meta perks that aren't healthy for the game and add ultra rare addons to killers that don't have any yet.

Then take a few months off with new content and during that time main goal would be to rebalance all maps and fix all major bugs.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

@Edys said:

Disconnects

• flag system: user.has_disconnect = True/False
    • 1 DC: flag becomes True
    • 2 DC: 3 minute wait before joining / creating a lobby
    • 3 DC: 15 minutes wait
    • 4 DC: 1 hour wait
    • 5 DC: 24 hours wait
    • 6 DC: 48 hours wait
    • 7 DC+: 48 hours wait + player can play only in hell queue
    • every 48 hours or every 5 games without disconnections (only solo, not swf) the player loses 1 from his dc count

Hell Queue

• a special queue for flagged players (basically, players that abused somehow the game. for now let's say disconnecters)
    • once a player is in Hell Queue, he can play only against other players in Hell Queue
    • if a swf group has one player in Hell Queue, the group will be queued in Hell Queue
    • normal rules still apply: if a player disconnects from a game his counter still increases, if he cheats he's still reportable etc.
    • players in Hell Queue do not know they are in Hell Queue
    • once in Hell Queue, player record must go back to immaculate (e.g. if he's in the Hell Queue due to 7+ DC, he must wait for his counter to go back to zero before being able to go back to the normal queue)

Hell queue would cause grieving as players who didn’t care about the game would join a SWF party and dc putting their team in hell queue.

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069
    edited February 2019

Hmm.. Buffing The low tier killers, solo survivors and some of the killers from the mid-tier

Post edited by Ihatelife on
  • Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

@TAG said:
    Reverse Bear Traps kill people trying to escape through the Hatch. :P

YES

• Nobsyde
    Nobsyde Member Posts: 1,288
    edited February 2019

@TreemanXD said:
    Hell queue would cause grieving as players who didn’t care about the game would join a SWF party and dc putting their team in hell queue.

No that's not what I exposed, what happens is this:
    3 players (john, billy and francis) want to play a swf game.

• John for some reason is in Hell Queue
    • Bill and Francis are not

John Bill and Francis create their group, then try to join a lobby.
    Even if Bill and Francis are not in Hell Queue normally, due to John all the other players in the lobby will come from Hell Queue.
    Normal rules applies in the game - so if Bill and Francis do not DC they do not increase their DC count, and can join normal queues in solo (or in swf if all the players are not in Hell Queue)

• The_Crusader
    I'd also throw on a double XP week because the amount of points offerings I've lost due to infinite loading screens is ridiculous. It's happening every couple of games now.
  • Kenshin
    Kenshin Member Posts: 912

@not_Queen said:
    @RuneStarr I like your ideas! Here is where we are on both.
    1. This is something that the Community team really does want to make happen. It needs multiple level of approvals within the team and we are currently just drafting the project. Coming up with something like this (or similar) is one of our objectives on a mid-term plan.
    2. We are currently expending the Marketing team here at DBD. The growth of the team will, in time, allow us to communicate better and more strategically about specific subjects and content releases. When it comes to the PTB, granted, it does take away the ''hype part'' but we need the PTB to be happening. It gives us a lot of feedback and allows us to pinpoint issues better before the official launch. I can't wait to see what you have to say about our communication on the upcoming chapter! :)

is there a dev stream tomorrow? pls update the streaming roadmap...

• malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,553
    Fix pallets. They are very touchy and often times you're trading a hit with the killer. In which case the pallet was basically worthless. If you want less on the map to compensate for the killers, fine. But you shouldn't hit through the pallet and you shouldn't have to get all the way to the very end of the pallet to drop it.
  • Dehitay
    Dehitay Member Posts: 1,725

If it's just the first change, I would definitely focus on balancing the advantage that swf groups get in the game. But there are so many other things I would definitely get working on.

• Adding rank rewards and a leaderboard
    • Adding systems to discourage or fix facecamping, excessively long chases, tunneling, and genrush gamelength
    • Give survivors passive bonuses to differentiate them from each other (ex: Claudette gets +5% healing speed, Dwight can sense survivor auras from an extra 4 meters, Meg recovers from exhausted 5% faster)
    • Install a system where you can designate what perk you want to level next on a character, and every 5 or so bloodwebs, that perk is garunteed to be an option
    • Make it to where after 2 minutes of the hatch spawning without the last survivor doing any gens or totems if the killer hits the survivor, there's no weapon wipe animation so the survivor can't just wait for a hit to get a free hatch
    • Add a way to reroll 2 or 3 unwanted addons, offerings, or items for a new random one
  • HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

D-Strike requires a Safe Hook Rescue/takes a hit for a Survivor

Create a thread with tests currently being done by the team, tests that do not make it into the PTB will be marked with reason for not making it or why it failed etc.This is purely to show the community that the Devs do listen to us and are being heard so if someone comes up with an idea and is tested we know that some of our feedback is actually being looked into instead of being thought of as overlooked and never seen.

Create a single player mode called Massacre Mode which is for Killers only and it's literally just a bloody practice mode where you can pick a Killer and attack simple AI Survivors. No hooks, all Survivors have health bars. This would allow new Killers to practice with their power and get used to it in a forgiving environment before heading into real games. No Bloodpoints are rewarded, all perks and Killers are available since it is entirely seperate from the actual game.Also I say health bars instead of hooks because the team might not be experts in AI so the Survivors could dumb as bricks and having health bars compensate for the most likely easy hooks which would also be removed.

A lot of ther things I could say but these would be the simpler things I would do, the biggest one is the Massacre Mode but we already have a Tutorial and that's a template/base for the Massacre Mode right there so it's already there it just needs to be flushed out.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

@Edys said:

@TreemanXD said:

No that's not what I exposed, what happens is this:
    3 players (john, billy and francis) want to play a swf game.

• John for some reason is in Hell Queue
    • Bill and Francis are not

John Bill and Francis create their group, then try to join a lobby.
    Even if Bill and Francis are not in Hell Queue normally, due to John all the other players in the lobby will come from Hell Queue.
    Normal rules applies in the game - so if Bill and Francis do not DC they do not increase their DC count, and can join normal queues in solo (or in swf if all the players are not in Hell Queue)

Thanks for clearing this up

• XavierBoah17
    XavierBoah17 Member Posts: 204

Alot of people want 2v8 but that really cant work. The perks would all need to be changed to fit the game style and of course the player base would be split, leading to increase queue times for both game modes.

• Spork
    Spork Member Posts: 122

The memer part of me wants to make David wear nothing but Undies.

But seriously, I'd want to give the Killers their personal chase music. It would definitely give the game a new feel.

• UwU
    UwU Member Posts: 50

Definitely add dedicated servers or different gamemodes, for example ranked, quickplay, something arcade-y where you can mess around and have weird stuff such as 2 killers 6 survivors or something lol

• The_Crusader
    Kenshin said:

@not_Queen said:
    @RuneStarr I like your ideas! Here is where we are on both.
    1. This is something that the Community team really does want to make happen. It needs multiple level of approvals within the team and we are currently just drafting the project. Coming up with something like this (or similar) is one of our objectives on a mid-term plan.
    2. We are currently expending the Marketing team here at DBD. The growth of the team will, in time, allow us to communicate better and more strategically about specific subjects and content releases. When it comes to the PTB, granted, it does take away the ''hype part'' but we need the PTB to be happening. It gives us a lot of feedback and allows us to pinpoint issues better before the official launch. I can't wait to see what you have to say about our communication on the upcoming chapter! :)

is there a dev stream tomorrow? pls update the streaming roadmap...

Look at the last part

" I can't wait to see what you have to say about our communication on the upcoming chapter!  :)"

Sounds to me like they're going to hype this one up a little different perhaps. No wonder they've been so quiet.

I almost wonder if it could be licensed...
  • artist
    artist Member Posts: 1,519
    a lot of changes would kill the game but go off
  • No_Mither_No_Problem
    No_Mither_No_Problem Member Posts: 1,476
    edited February 2019

I would buff No Mither