De-Pip Squad lose tournament

Comments

• Paddy4583
    Paddy4583 Member Posts: 864

@Spudbar said:
    The rules were written vaguely and changed after the match already ended. They were not even clarified, they were straight up altered. That is unethical and a completely illegitimate point to change the rules.

As a former game tournament organizer, there is nothing wrong with this. In fact, I would ALWAYS put a stipulation in my ruleset that reads exactly "All rules are subject to change at the discretion of tournament officials." Because sometimes ######### happens that brings the rules into question and you, as the TO, have to make a call. Just like any ref at any sporting event ever, you do your best to stick to the rules but when there is no rule you kinda just have to make a choice that you think is fair

But when you make that judgment you don’t than change it again in the next round! Because then it’s not fair it’s biased, there is no point in rules if they can be changed at the whim of a host.
  • only1biggs
    only1biggs Member Posts: 1,178

@Spudbar said:
    Marth lost because after an 11 hour tournament he made 1 mistake

I like Marth, but he blew it. He had time to down the survivor and pick her up.

Nobody disputes that the tournament and the organizers were/are a joke.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    edited June 2018

@Paddy4583 said:
    But when you make that judgment you don’t than change it again in the next round! Because then it’s not fair it’s biased, there is no point in rules if they can be changed at the whim of a host.

No that happens too. Sometimes there is no precedent for a rule, and then something happens you have to make a call based on what is FAIR IN THAT CIRCUMSTANCE, but now that you are away of such a circumstance you can make a rule to affect everything after differently.

"Oh wait what do we do about this hatch situation?"
    "Well the rules say this but it's not that clear, and this guy did this and this while that guy did that and that."
    "Okay, well in my professional judgment it seems like this guy was in the right, but only because of a loophole. So let's give this guy the win (suck for that guy), but from now on if it happens again the that guy will be the winner because we don't want people doing what this guy did."

I wish I could give you a concrete example from my experience, but alas I cannot remember any particular incident. However I can tell you that sometimes you let something slide because there was nothing to say you CAN NOT do that, but then immediately after you make a rule that states you cannot do that.

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    edited June 2018

The "fair and square" factor is very discutable.
    Community managers are looking into the matches because some factors were very weird and possibly not respected.

==>>> It's being looked at right now, it's confirmed on discord by Not_Queen

• TheOwl
    TheOwl Member Posts: 185

@Runiver said:
    Community managers are looking into the matches because some factors were very weird and possibly not respected.

If I may ask, Runiver, which discord group are you speaking about?

You always seem to be up to date with the latest news from the developers, and I would love to know where you hear it.

• Paddy4583
    edited June 2018

@Paddy4583 said:

No that happens too. Sometimes there is no precedent for a rule, and then something happens you have to make a call based on what is FAIR IN THAT CIRCUMSTANCE, but now that you are away of such a circumstance you can make a rule to affect everything after that.

Oh god this forum is horrible to use on mobile 

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

@TheOwl said:

@Runiver said:

If I may ask, Runiver, which discord group are you speaking about?

You always seem to be up to date with the latest news from the developers, and I would love to know where you hear it.

Dbd alliance.
    We got 4 BHVR members on it.
    I can send you an invite link in private if you want to.

• Paddy4583
    The definition of rule is:

one of a set of explicit or understood regulations or principles governing conduct or procedure within a particular area of activity.

the definition of explicit is: 

stated clearly and in detail, leaving no room for confusion or doubt.

of they don’t meet these
    standards then they are not rules.

10. HATCH STAND OFF; Who ever finds the hatch first at the beginning of the hatch stand off, gets the point.

This was changed to be:
    who ever is on it first. Then later...
    Both have to be at the hatch for it to be a stand off.
    then last match...
    has to be open to be a stand off.

that 3 different judgments for the same situation, this is nothing like what your referring too

• Spudbar
    Spudbar Member Posts: 21
    edited June 2018

@thesuicidefox said:

@Spudbar said:
    The rules were written vaguely and changed after the match already ended. They were not even clarified, they were straight up altered. That is unethical and a completely illegitimate point to change the rules.

As a former game tournament organizer, there is nothing wrong with this.

Sorry but if in your tournaments, you decide to write down a rule, have a team follow it exactly as it is written, then change it after the match has already ended to alter the way the match would be determined - you run a bad tournament. The example you gave is much different from this however. If I were to compare this to the rules of this tournament, it'd be like altering the Overtime rules to force a quicker result rather than leaving the potential for the matches to last forever.

If they wanted to change the rule after the match, okay. But the rule was followed exactly how it was written. Then they changed the rule to alter the outcome of the match once it was already done. They added additional criteria that was previously absent, which completely changed the rule, for no reason.

There is changing a rule for a legitimate reason, that does not put either team at a disadvantage or slight them in any way. Then there is what happened here. What you described does not come anywhere close to what happened here. When you put down a rule, it is there for everyone to follow, including yourself. There is no such thing as giving yourself the power to change any rule in any way you want and getting away with it.

@only1biggs said:

@Spudbar said:
    Marth lost because after an 11 hour tournament he made 1 mistake

I like Marth, but he blew it. He had time to down the survivor and pick her up.

Nobody disputes that the tournament and the organizers were/are a joke.

I should have put "mistake" in quotes, my bad. Marth did not make a real mistake here. He follow the rules as they were written. The only reason it became a "mistake" is because they changed the rule after the match already ended. They found a way to force the rematch and they went with it.

The play he made was legit and later became a "mistake" because they decided to go with a particular interpretation of the rules that required them to add new conditions. If these conditions were already part of the rules, Marth would have followed them. He would have attacked earlier if he needed to, and like you said, he would have won. Otherwise, he would have waited longer for the hatch to open to confirm him as the winner of the standoff.

To say that Marth made a mistake is simply wrong. It can only be considered a mistake if you legitimize the unethical, spontaneous edits made to the rules by Space Esports.

• thesuicidefox
    edited June 2018

@Spudbar said:
    There is changing a rule for a legitimate reason, that does not put either team at a disadvantage or slight them in any way.

Not true. Any decision you make is going to positively affect one side and negatively affect the other. I've been in the middle of those situations before and I have to chose which side to take. I've even voted AGAINST the guys I was friends with and stuff because it was the better choice (and after I explain it to them they usually understand why I made that choice, and they know that next time I will have a rule in place to what happened to them doesn't happen to someone else in the future). There never is a middle ground, because middle ground is basically play the match over. That's honestly not a reasonable thing to do, unless it's absolutely necessary due to technical issues or something. You want to avoid having people play over if you can, because what could end up happening is the OTHER team wins now the team that originally won will cry foul.

There is often no fair solution in this situations, only the least unfair solutions. No matter what you look like the bad guy when you were just trying to make the best choice you could.

Let's just say that they decided to side with Marth and gave him the win. Don't you think the other team would be up in arms about the result too? For TO's, these are catch 22 situations. That's why you have that rule that rules can change whenever you want so you aren't locked into completely ######### someone over because you didn't have a way to deal with a situation.

• only1biggs

@Spudbar said:

I should have put "mistake" in quotes, my bad. Marth did not make a real mistake here. He follow the rules as they were written. The only reason it became a "mistake" is because they changed the rule after the match already ended. They found a way to force the rematch and they went with it.

The play he made was legit and later became a "mistake" because they decided to go with a particular interpretation of the rules that required them to add new conditions. If these conditions were already part of the rules, Marth would have followed them. He would have attacked earlier if he needed to, and like you said, he would have won. Otherwise, he would have waited longer for the hatch to open to confirm him as the winner of the standoff.

To say that Marth made a mistake is simply wrong. It can only be considered a mistake if you legitimize the unethical, spontaneous edits made to the rules by Space Esports.

Oh my god, you guys. Just stop. If he had just played "until the whistle" we'd all be saying congratulations. He had time to hit her and pick her up and kill her.

• only1biggs

@Spudbar the play he made was a mistake and has been my argument all the while. All you guys keep saying he didn't. Of course hindsight is 20/20, it's how we learn. Apparently Marth has nothing to learn.

That aside, the hatch wasn't open and so there was no standoff in play. Get over it.

• only1biggs

@weirdkid5 said:
    only1biggs said:

@Spudbar the play he made was a mistake and has been my argument all the while. All you guys keep saying he didn't. Of course hindsight is 20/20, it's how we learn. Apparently Marth has nothing to learn.

That aside, the hatch wasn't open and so there was no standoff in play. Get over it.

Not sure what part of "hatch has to be open" was made after the game was over you didnt get lmao

It's clear Space doesn't actually know how to play this game or how it operates at all. I also have inside knowledge to know they had personal disapprovals of the Depip Squad.

Even people inside Space know Space is full of ######### 

So people are confused as to what a hatch standoff is? What don't I get?

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144

@weirdkid5 said:
    only1biggs said:

Not sure what part of "hatch has to be open" was made after the game was over you didnt get lmao

It's clear Space doesn't actually know how to play this game or how it operates at all. I also have inside knowledge to know they had personal disapprovals of the Depip Squad.

People in Space disliked the Depip Squad? Why? lmao @ politics and drama but I'm genuinely curious. What do THEY have against the depip squad anyway?

What or why I dont have an answer for. I'd like to know myself. I just have good reason to believe there were ulterior motives involved in this based on some talks I've had.
  • only1biggs
    edited June 2018

@weirdkid5 said:
    TheXenoborg said:

@weirdkid5 said:

only1biggs said:

People in Space disliked the Depip Squad? Why? lmao @ politics and drama but I'm genuinely curious. What do THEY have against the depip squad anyway?

What or why I dont have an answer for. I'd like to know myself. I just have good reason to believe there were ulterior motives involved in this based on some talks I've had.

Yikes.

Do you also sit around wearing tin hats and discuss the time one of you got abducted?

• only1biggs

@TheXenoborg said:

@only1biggs said:

@weirdkid5 said:
    TheXenoborg said:

@weirdkid5 said:

only1biggs said:

Yikes.

Do you also sit around wearing tin hats and discuss the time one of you got abducted?

Who's paying you to say that?

It's NOT the de-pip squad. But it may be someone affiliated with them in some capacity, but I won't tell. Based on some talks I've had. Why...? I don't have an answer.

• thesuicidefox

Yea to me Marth messed up. The surv was there waiting for the hatch AND he had the opportunity to hit him. That's a legit escape in my eyes. Definitely a mistake.

• only1biggs

@weirdkid5 said:
    only1biggs said:

@TheXenoborg said:

@only1biggs said:

@weirdkid5 said:

TheXenoborg said:

@weirdkid5 said:

only1biggs said:

@Spudbar the play he made was a mistake and has been my argument all the while. All you guys keep saying he didn't. Of course hindsight is 20/20, it's how we learn. Apparently Marth has nothing to learn. That aside, the hatch wasn't open and so there was no standoff in play. Get over it. Not sure what part of "hatch has to be open" was made after the game was over you didnt get lmao It's clear Space doesn't actually know how to play this game or how it operates at all. I also have inside knowledge to know they had personal disapprovals of the Depip Squad.

Yikes.

Who's paying you to say that?

It's NOT the de-pip squad. But it may be someone affiliated with them in some capacity, but I won't tell. Based on some talks I've had. Why...? I don't have an answer.

I dont need your approval nor do I need you to believe me.

The fact BHVR are actually doing formal investigation on this is enough to substantiate my claims without ousting someone from within Space, due to me respecting a request to not reveal who they are.

Whether you want to dismiss this is irrelevant. I dont come on this place to spout nonsense and to stir drama without having a reason to do so.

You are so adorable

• weirdkid5
    @only1biggs I'm glad you think so, I think I'm pretty cute myself.

Now do you have actual substance or just more ad hominems to speak?
  • Shipthebread
    Shipthebread Member Posts: 415

@weirdkid5 said:

You need a life. There is no shady DBD Illuminati out to get the de pip squad. Everyone is complaining that Space Esports knew very little about DBD so I highly doubt the fix was in from them.

I heard that the Russians who won were also involved in the Trump election. I just tweeted your username to Special counsel Robert Muller, I think you are onto something, don't leak your inside source here, wait and give it to the FBI.

We will get to the bottom of this.

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293

@weirdkid5 said:

How can there even be a hatch stand off if the hatch isn't open in tournament where everyone cannot run items, add-ons or perks?

Explain your ######### sir.

• weirdkid5
    edited June 2018
    Mc_Harty said:

@weirdkid5 said:

How can there even be a hatch stand off if the hatch isn't open in tournament where everyone cannot run items, add-ons or perks?

Explain your ######### sir.

Perhaps they should have actuall specified what the terms of a hatch standoff meant before the game was over. This stipulation was not stated prior until the game was over. The rules are shady and open to interpretation from many different angles. This is indicative of a bad tourney, which it ws.

How can there be a tournament ran by people with less than 100 hours in the game and hosted by someone who knows nothing about the game. Not sure how no perks and stuff is even related to the hatch, but whatever you say to make yourself sound more right.

@weirdkid5 said:

You need a life. There is no shady DBD Illuminati out to get the de pip squad. Everyone is complaining that Space Esports knew very little about DBD so I highly doubt the fix was in from them.

I heard that the Russians who won were also involved in the Trump election. I just tweeted your username to Special counsel Robert Muller, I think you are onto something, don't leak your inside source here, wait and give it to the FBI.

We will get to the bottom of this.

Lmao ok man that's whatever you say. I actually made a friend that is in their admin chat so I know what's up. I get inside knowledge from members of this dev team as well that I Shouldn't but I do anyway because I know how to make connections.

Something very useful in 2018.

Why do you think I come in here sometimes saying things like, "trust me, the game is gonna get better." Because I actually know more than your avergae player because I attempt to do so. Get a life? Why dont you take your own advice and stop wasting yours on a forum just like me? All to make a shitpost kek
  • Mc_Harty

@weirdkid5 said:
    Perhaps they should have actuall specified what the terms of a hatch standoff meant before the game was over. This stipulation was not stated prior until the game was over. The rules are shady and open to interpretation from many different angles. This is indicative of a bad tourney, which it ws.

Yes it was badly organised. Any idiot could see that.

How can there be a tournament ran by people with less than 100 hours in the game and hosted by someone who knows nothing about the game. Not sure how no perks and stuff is even related to the hatch, but whatever you say to make yourself sound more right.

Because the tournament had a no item, addon or perks as a ruling.

Did you not read what I wrote?

• weirdkid5
    Mc_Harty said:

@weirdkid5 said:

Yes it was badly organised. Any idiot could see that.

Because the tournament had a no item, addon or perks as a ruling.

Did you not read what I wrote?

Ok so tell me how that comes to the hatch standoff at all lmao original rules stated whoever found it first wins.

It wasnt until after that game was over was the NEW ruling stating it had to be open first. That was not held for any other part of the tourney. You simply can't create a new rule after the fact. What should have happened is there should, at the very least, been ANOTHER rematch since the losing match was a rematch because of flimsy rules prior.

The fact Spud also stated this is being formally investigated by BHVR leads me to conclude there indeed was something shady going on in this tourney.

Why this game attracts the most nonsensical BS around, I will never understand. But what I do understand is it continues to attract annoying and trolly members of the community that can't see past their own blinders.
  • weirdkid5
    edited June 2018
    I mean you guys aren't even aware that the Squad was approached by BHVR after registration and were told they cannot participate in multiple tourneys, despite being on the list for both PS4 and PC tourneys.

Yet this ruling was not held for any other team, despite there being clear evidence of players running under different usernames to participate in multiple platforms. Only Depip Squad was told they could no do this.

I know this because I was going to take their place in the EZ pip squad team on PS4, since changing rosters within the team was legal until the day before.

They were registered as the EZ Pip Squad on PS4 before being replaced by another team. Again, no stipulation stating you couldn't do this.

You all are blind.
    12345 Member Posts: 33
    edited June 2018

Whoever said that that particular scenario was not a standoff and that "HATCH MUST BE OPEN" is an idiot.

There are 2 scenarios where you can have an hatch standoff with the hatch being closed.

1) with a dull skeleton key.

2) the scenario of that final where the hatch is about to open (so you don't have the time to hit because by the time the killer ends the post hit animation the hatch will be open).

By definition of standoff Marth there had nothing to do because as you could see by hitting the survivor he was able to jump inside the hatch (SURPRISE THIS IS A STANDOFF BY DEFINITION).

For whoever did not understod what truly happened I will let old bahroo tell you with his own words:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/276674794?t=00h11m36s

If you can't see the video quote me and copy paste it with the timestamp I put.

• MinaRoze
    MinaRoze Member Posts: 2

It was about 3 seconds that marth did not swing if even that. You guys need to keep in mind that as a nurse he was still coming out of the fatigue animation. sure he moved to the hatch at that time but the survivor also wasn't close enough for him to hit the claudette(he also couldn't hit at that time). The nurse isn't even done with her wiping animation before the end screen happens. so if the whole animation would take 3 seconds (swinging and wiping off the blade) he would NOT have had time to pick the Claudette up at most he might have been able to take her out of the hatch and that's assuming it doesn't take more like 4 seconds of animation just to get through all that.

• weirdkid5
    edited June 2018
    Mc_Harty said:

@weirdkid5 said:
    Ok so tell me how that comes to the hatch standoff at all lmao original rules stated whoever found it first wins.

The survivor found the hatch first. Just because Marth was ontop of the Hatch first does not mean that the survivor didn't found it before him.

According to the original ruling the win should have been given to the survivor.

It wasnt until after that game was over was the NEW ruling stating it had to be open first. That was not held for any other part of the tourney. You simply can't create a new rule after the fact. What should have happened is there should, at the very least, been ANOTHER rematch since the losing match was a rematch because of flimsy rules prior.

Because everyone with a brain acknowledges that the hatch cannot be used by a survivor unless it's already open. They can't even use items in this tournament.

And they did get a rematch.

The fact Spud also stated this is being formally investigated by BHVR leads me to conclude there indeed was something shady going on in this tourney.

One of Marths friends in the depip squad?

Why should I care about his opinion about whether or not him and his team should have won that tournament?

Honestly this just reaks of bias.

I didn't get first in the tournament, BHVR investigate them for being shady!

What a [BAD WORD] joke.

Why this game attracts the most nonsensical BS around, I will never understand. But what I do understand is it continues to attract annoying and trolly members of the community that can't see past their own blinders.

This is coming from the guy that cannot accept the fact that his favorite team lost, because Marth ######### up.

Keep doing you kid.

Marth was on top of the hatch. Thus he found it first. If the Survivor found it first, he should have gotten on top of it. Or perhaps the rules should have stated and been clear in the first place.

Uh, items in chest are allowed. Which means you can find a Dull Key and use the hatch you numbskull LOL you asked before did I read what you said, but do you even play the game? Did you even read the rules yourself? Marth being on top of the hatch is a safe play in the event they found a key. Jeez lmao

BHVR is acknowledging the possible mishap, so they are formally investigating it. I didnt state Spud had an opinion  I stated the fact BHVR is actually investigating this lmao

And no they aren't my favorite. I don't even like Marth as a streamer nor as a person. Sorry that you don't think it's possible for someone to simple believe something is amiss without needing to throw personal bias into the situation.

Also what I said before about them suddenly not allowing to be on multi platform and not holding this rule to anyone else.

@Mc_Harty said:

This is coming from the guy that cannot accept the fact that his favorite team lost, because Marth ######### up.

This is actually ######### funny please explain how he did ######### up and what he should have done?

edited June 2018

@Mc_Harty said:

Rules should have been clearer, but you clearly see the [BAD WORD] Claudette 2 meters away from the hatch.

Marth had already found the hatch he simply had to go away to hook the second survivors (that's why after he hooked him he rushed immidiatly to the hatch cause he had already found it).

Second he still got to the hatch first and there is no deny to that.

Now please explain what he did wrong. What in your mind he should have done in that situation.

• weirdkid5
    Mc_Harty said:

@weirdkid5 said:
    Marth was on top of the hatch. Thus he found it first. If the Survivor found it first, he should have gotten on top of it. Or perhaps the rules should have stated and been clear in the first place. They got a rematch once, but not for the game that was stolen from them 

Rules should have been clearer, but you clearly see the [BAD WORD] Claudette 2 meters away from the hatch.

Uh, items in chest are allowed. Which means you can find a Dull Key and use the hatch you numbskull LOL you asked before did I read what you said, but do you even play the game? Did you even read the rules yourself? Marth being on top of the hatch is a safe play in the event they found a key. Jeez lmao

Did she have a key?

Lets rewatch that.

https://clips.twitch.tv/AbrasiveAcceptableAlbatrossFloof

No she had a toolbox.

So ######### are you talking about?

BHVR is acknowledging the possible mishap, so they are formally investigating it. I didnt state Spud had an opinion  I stated the fact BHVR is actually investigating this lmao

Investigating in shady ######### does not automatically mean they are guilty in said shady #########.

The tournament organizer are whores for views. What else is new?

And no they aren't my favorite. I don't even like Marth as a streamer nor as a person. Sorry that you don't think it's possible for someone to simple believe something is amiss without needing to throw personal bias into the situation.

I never said they were your favorite idiot.

Defensive much?

Then why was he not on top of the hatch? Rules favored him to do so yet he did not. They ######### up, as you think Marth ######### up.

Whether she had a key or not is irrelevant. Your point about not being able to use items or whatever and that the hatch can only have a standoff if it is open are moot considering, yes they could use items if they found them, and yes the standoff could start earlier than the hatch being opened. One of your main points is pointless.

It doesnt take a rocket scientist to see the shady ######### from a mile away whether they end up being "guilty" or not.

Uhm. What? Yes you did lol you literally said "This is coming from the guy that cannot accept the fact that his favorite team lost, because Marth ######### up.

Keep doing you kid."

Is your memory that bad? Seriously? I knew you only responded to me in order to have pointless arguments with me but you cant even remember what you said anymore lol good work being part of one of those annoying members this game attracts.

• Mc_Harty

@12345 said:

@Mc_Harty said:

This is actually ######### funny please explain how he did [BAD WORD] up and what he should have done?

He had 4 seconds to hit that final survivor even after he was fatigued.

After he had hit that survivor he still would have had 1 second to pick them up.

That's what he should have done. But he stalled.

• weirdkid5
    Mc_Harty said:

Keep doing you kid.

######### kek
    edited June 2018

@Mc_Harty said:

@12345 said:

@Mc_Harty said:

This is actually ######### funny please explain how he did [BAD WORD] up and what he should have done?

He had 4 seconds to hit that final survivor even after he was fatigued.

After he had hit that survivor he still would have had 1 second to pick them up.

That's what he should have done. But he stalled.

And tell me why shouldn't have he stalled if the rule clearly stated that whoever found it first get the point? (by the original rule before it got changed livestream by tello)?

To me it seems that Marth did an inteligent play he knew he had won by rules in that situation so he didn't do #########. Why is that a missplay please explain?

If you find yourself in that situation you have won no matter what as there is a rule.

He could have done literally anything there he had won.

The only reason why he didn't in the end is because tello literally livestream changed a rule to fit that situation.

Poor and unethical. Frankly I am surprised after that BHVR even allowed these guys to cast the consoles tournaments.

• FSB75
    FSB75 Member Posts: 474

Okay, so this is just 4 or 5 people going back and forth. I wondered how this subject could draw so much attention.

And what's up with this Marth dude...he has like 30K subs combined between Twitch and YT. Not criticizing....it's more than I have (0)...just seems entry level.

• Mc_Harty

@12345 said:
    And tell me why shouldn't have he stalled if the rule clearly stated that whoever found it first get the point? (by the original rule before it got changed livestream by tello)?

Because the rule was vague as #########?

To me it seems that Marth did an inteligent play he knew he had won by rules in that situation so he didn't do #########. Why is that a missplay please explain?

He hesitated then swing at the guy before it was open. He should have ether waited longer or hit sooner. He didn't. Therefore it was a bad play.

If you find yourself in that situation you have won no matter what as there is a rule.

Which was vague as #########.

He could have done literally anything there he had won.

Except he didn't won.

The only reason why he didn't in the end is because tello literally livestream changed a rule to fit that situation.

Because it's not a hatch standoff if the hatch isn't ######### open.

Poor and unethical. Frankly I am surprised after that BHVR even allowed these guys to cast the consoles tournaments.

Agreed.

• Mc_Harty
    edited June 2018

@12345 said:
    Wait for BHVR to say if he won or not.

Second:

You are saying that Marth should have hitted her before or waited for the hatch to open? Is that what you are saying?

So considering he was on second blink an insta hit was dangerous as he didn't know exactly how much time was left before the hatch was going to open.

So you are basically saying that the correct play he should have made was to wait for the hatch to open and then hit?

I am genuinely curious on the logic behind the guys who say he didn't won following the rules.

If Marth had waited then it'll be a hatch stand off.

edited June 2018

@Mc_Harty said:

@12345 said:
    Wait for BHVR to say if he won or not.

Second:

You are saying that Marth should have hitted her before or waited for the hatch to open? Is that what you are saying?

So considering he was on second blink an insta hit was dangerous as he didn't know exactly how much time was left before the hatch was going to open.

So you are basically saying that the correct play he should have made was to wait for the hatch to open and then hit?

I am genuinely curious on the logic behind the guys who say he didn't won following the rules.

If Marth had waited then it'll be a hatch stand off.

Ok so in your mind the only play he could make there was waiting.

Congratulations THAT IS THE DEFINITION OF A STANDOFF AND OH SURPRISE HE WAS ON AN HATCH:

HATCH

STANDOFF

HATCH STANDOFF.

Congrats dude you did it.

This is for you in case you have more doubts:

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/standoff

Let me also make a CLAPCLAPCLAP for you.

edited June 2018

@Mc_Harty said:

@12345 said:
    Ok so in your mind the only play he could make there was waiting.

Congratulations THAT IS THE DEFINITION OF A STANDOFF AND OH SURPRISE HE WAS ON AN HATCH:

HATCH

STANDOFF

HATCH STANDOFF.

Congrats dude you did it.

Are you an idiot?

I stated that its not a hatch standoff if the hatch was closed.

If Marth had waited for the hatch to be open then its a hatch stand off. He didn't.

If Marth had hit the survivor immediately he would have time to pick her up and killed her. He didn't.

There were two things Marth could have done but he didn't [BAD WORD] do it. He misplayed.

No it seems you are instead as you said that the only thing he could do was waiting and you are keep saying that.

What you are failing to understand even with your last post is that by saying that the only thing he should have done was waiting is exactly the definition of a standoff. So yes. You are basically saying

"It was not an Hatch Standoff, it was a standoff on the hatch"

And then you ask the only guy who is trying to help you in seeing the flaws of your logic if he is an idiot... not cool.

Trying to hit instantly wasn't the play there as he didn't know exactly when the hatch was going to open.

Sorry buddy your logic got busted. Saying:

"It was not a standoff he should have waited more"

Simply does not work. If he already need to wait he is already in a standoff situation.

Wait I give it to you once again hoping for you to read it:

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/standoff

• weirdkid5
    Mc_Harty said:

@weirdkid5 said:
    Then why was he not on top of the hatch? Rules favored him to do so yet he did not. They ######### up, as you think Marth ######### up.

Because the [BAD WORD] rules didn't state that the players had to be physically on the hatch.

Whether she had a key or not is irrelevant. Your point about not being able to use items or whatever and that the hatch can only have a standoff if it is open are moot considering, yes they could use items if they found them, and yes the standoff could start earlier than the hatch being opened. One of your main points is pointless.

So why the [BAD WORD] would you bring up if she had a key.

She couldn't bring one and had to rely on chance to even get one of the 2 items available for the hatch.

So what the [BAD WORD] is your argument?

It doesnt take a rocket scientist to see the shady ######### from a mile away whether they end up being "guilty" or not.

Doesn't matter if they are guilty in the shady ######### or not, they are still guilty.

Guess we should forget innocent before proven guilty.

I do not like the the commentators in that stream. They are incompetent and only care about viewers then the quality of the stream. It was unorganised as #########, with 30 minute wait times as well as hipster Tony Stark lack of terms and knowledge about the game

Uhm. What? Yes you did lol you literally said "This is coming from the guy that cannot accept the fact that his favorite team lost, because Marth ######### up.Keep doing you kid."
    Is your memory that bad? Seriously? I knew you only responded to me in order to have pointless arguments with me but you cant even remember what you said anymore lol good work being part of one of those annoying members this game attracts.

My bad. I guess we should forget everything I wrote because of one statement where I contradicted myself.

Wasn't one of your first post here a salt post? I guess we should ignore everything you write just because you prefer drama then actual discussion. Just a thought.

So basically the rules can just go in whatever way is deemed necessary because they couldn't have the foresight to make actual rules? Tourney shouldn't have even been held then.

Why would I bring up a key? Then why would you initially bring up no items and no perks when we started this argument in the first place? I wouldn't have had to bring that up if you didnt bring up a moot point in the first place lol

Innocent until proven guilty has always been funny to me, especially in a country where the system to determine guilt is rigged, just like this tourney.

Im just pointing it out fam. You said something and forgot, it's ok bb I forgive you we all human.

And a salt post that this tourney backs up. This game is just a shitshow now. Also, I have stated plenty of times talking about DbD is way more fun than playing it. This game has a ton of drama surrounding it and I enjoy controversy. Sue me.
  • Mc_Harty
    edited June 2018

@12345 said:
    No it seems you are instead as you said that the only thing he could do was waiting and you are keep saying that.
    What you are failing to understand even with your last post is that by saying that the only thing he should have done was waiting is exactly the definition of a standoff. So yes. You are basically saying

And then you ask the only guy who is trying to help you in seeing the flaws of your logic if he is an idiot... not cool.

How can the survivors use the hatch if its closed? They need a key for that and the Claudette didn't have one.

So how the ######### is it a Hatch Standoff if the survivor couldn't use the Hatch at that time.

Explain that ######### to me.

edited June 2018

@Mc_Harty said:

@12345 said:

How can the survivors use the hatch if its closed? They need a key for that and the Claudette didn't have one.

So how the [BAD WORD] is it a Hatch Standoff if the survivor couldn't use the Hatch at that time.

Explain that ######### to me.

I already did... and you have a clip to show you that aswell.

If the hatch is about to open in less time than the killer need to finish the post hit animation the killer can't do anything because if he hit you and you go down he does not have the time to pick you up before the hatch opens and you jump in. So in that scenario the killer is left with no choice but not hitting the survivor therefore he is in a standoff situation before the hatch opens. Easy explaination. Don't get salty dude I may be mean but this is logic.

If you want we can test it in kyf and I will show you that the 1 second before the hatch opens is also a standoff situation because if the killer hit you in that second you press m1 and escape so he is left with no alternative but doing nothing that is exactly the definition of a standoff.

This is why tello had to change the rules to create a perfect scenario that fit that very specific situation.
    Hope you now understod.