The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

So we've buffed DS...

Tzeentchling9
Tzeentchling9 Member Posts: 1,796
edited April 2019 in General Discussions

In the same patch that Mettle of Man is introduced. RIP M1 Killers.

Can't wait for that third chance the unhooked Survivor gets.

• Changed the Decisive Strike stun time to 5 seconds, with the Survivor being free to move after 1 second.
  • The Enduring perk now affects Decisive Strike's stun.

"With feedback from the PTB and Live, we have changed the Decisive Strike stun time to 5 seconds, with the Survivor being free to move after 1 second. This should allow for the survivor to have ~ 4 seconds at a base to try and escape the killer after the stun is successful. When Enduring is used, the stun will be reduced to ~2.8 seconds. Of those 2.8 seconds the survivor will get a head start of ~ 2.28 seconds which makes escaping possible but much harder"

So much for having a chance for Enduring to not be meta too.

Comments

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

Wait I am not aware.... how did they buff it?

• redsopine01
    redsopine01 Member Posts: 1,269

Erm so there not fixing the exploit that makes it impossible to pick up slugged survivors that are under the fountains

• Kurisataru
    Kurisataru Member Posts: 460

You remember this recent DC epidemic that's been going on since the matchmaking change (fixed), and the DS nerf? I think I figured out what causes a crap ton of people to still DC. If its not a technical issue, I think it's because people spoiled with DS will ragequit if they see a killer they need their DS against. I've seriously noticed for the past 3 days, every freaking person who randomly DCs in my game after circumstances I think would cause a salty dc had freaking DS.

I've seen often as well people DCing as soon as they see the killer. (Excluding Legion) billy, Myers, Wraith games I am highly likely to see someone DC.

So hopefully this patch will change that if my guess is correct.

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

Well to be fair DS hasn't really affected me but if people felt that change was needed I would've though you would just make it so it doesn't get affected by enduring just don't tunnel which is easy.

• Tzeentchling9
    Tzeentchling9 Member Posts: 1,796

Isn't that still one second more powerful than it was before patch 2.6?

• Karl_Childers
    Karl_Childers Member Posts: 669

No. A true anti-tunnel perk would have a much shorter clock but one that would stop in chase or when downed. All your suggestion does is ensure that if you down the rescuer upon unhooking, whether it be a one shot chainsaw or they were injured, DS is gone and you can now freely tunnel me.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

If you are downed and left someone can pick you up while he is chasing someone else.

"All your suggestion does is ensure that if you down the rescuer upon unhooking, whether it be a one shot chainsaw or they were injured, DS is gone and you can now freely tunnel me."

Or it actually ensures that you make a smart save, something quite rare these days.

• Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423

And endgame, what do you do? Just let them get the hook escape once the gates are powered?

• Nikkiwhat
    Nikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,378

Well.....wish I had gotten DS from the Shrine when I had the chance...that is a ridiculous buff... 3 seconds with no Enduring affecting it is much better. Sometimes you NEED to secure a kill, or the person who was just unhooked is the only Survivor you find when going back to the Hook or scouting for the rescuer...and guess what at LEAST 6-7/10 times I'll find the person who was just unhooked.

Because anyone running Meta Perk loadouts more often than not run Unbreakable too. Which means even If you slug them to counter the DS they'll just get back up (esp with the flat increase to recovering from it). 5 seconds is a long time to restart a chase or to find someone. Running Enduring is going to be a pain...its a dumb and boring Perk imo -_- so,feeling forced to run it is not my idea of fun

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

You just answered your question... If you don't have it, how can you know if this perk is ''op''. It's now situational.

• Karl_Childers
    Karl_Childers Member Posts: 669

Yeah, because so many killers don’t just proxy camp hooks? In these situations, the killer is always going to waiting so it’s either let them die (stupid) or go for the save when it’s never going to be truly safe because of how the killer is playing. Sorry but you shouldn’t be able to race back to the hook when you see someone coming, down the rescuer upon him making the save, and remove the unhooked persons DS. That would be BS.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792

You're aware nobody here gets to dictate what the devs do, right?

• Spirez
    Spirez Member Posts: 674

I don’t mind this too much. Just don’t tunnel and you’ll never have to deal with it, borrowed time is another reason not to tunnel. With these perks out there you’d screw yourself if you tunnel. Let the survivor run away and waste time healing while you hit or chase someone else instead of leaving 3 people uninjured doing gens.

Enduring made DS so useless. People used DS on me all I have to do is turn around take 1 step and hit them down.

• Gamzello
    Gamzello Member Posts: 828
    edited April 2019

Yeah I have to agree with @Science_Guy

The perk is ok but still extremely situational

If you feel like you’re being tunneled often, you can try to equip it but most of the time killers that actually play the game and don’t camp will most likely not do that to you

I’ve probably been tunneled twice ever in my games out of the many other games I’ve had, it is exceedingly rare (after DS nerf)

Edit: added extra text

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061

Due to decisive being harder to pull off I say this is a reasonable change.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    edited April 2019

I love the change as the previous DS was non-existent with Enduring and it further encourages killers to not tunnel. However, I do agree with @Blueberry, 60 seconds is enough time that survivors can abuse its main intention. I've done it many times before and it's disgusting, I would get saved by someone else and run to the exit gate injured. What's the killer going to do about it? Either he picks me up or I crawl out and escape.

I'll like to see the timer get nerfed to 15 seconds across all tiers BUT can be used more than once. Whenever you're downed while the timer is in effect, the perk is activated until you're healed back to the injured state.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

Don't tunnel, run Enduring

Now it punishes tunneling more than it did before

• Sharmarko
    Sharmarko Member Posts: 71

Hit the unhooker during the unhook animation, then chase them down. Easy. Why is not tunneling hard for you?

• MegsAreEvil
    MegsAreEvil Member Posts: 819

And still it doesnt counter tunneling. Still trash.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

@MegsAreEvil But does it counter it more than it did before?