Live Q&A: Post your Legion questions here!

Comments

• Alther_Primus
    Alther_Primus Member Posts: 158

The changes have really blurred Legion's role in the game, as their chase is now average, their tracking isn't useful unless you simply don't want to chase the first Survivor, the Speed Reduction hurts any potential mobility they had, and the stall is laughable, yet they aren't a good jack of all trades. Do you have any plans on giving Legion a more defined role?

• WaffleFalafel
    WaffleFalafel Member Posts: 384

Is there any plans to be made to Legion's movement speed so they can chain hits on survivors from far away instead of being only a chase starter?

• Theluckyboi
    Theluckyboi Member Posts: 1,113

Will you still gain stacks from hitting survivors during frenzy? (Remember Me, STBFL)

Will you still get stunned from hitting a survivor with deep wound?

• ASurvkillivorer
    ASurvkillivorer Member Posts: 1,840

So right now Legion can hit the same person a second time and it cancels the power out but damages their bar. So with the change to Legion not being able to do anymore damage to the bar. Does Legion then lose his power if he hits the same person twice? People already do this now to try and body block and or bully Legion. If Legion still loses the power but does no damage. There will now be huge incentive to try and do this to Legion.

• cristalcaos
    cristalcaos Member Posts: 17

how will the achievement deranged pursuit will change after the rework? will you change it on ps4?

• I_am_final
    I_am_final Member Posts: 36

yeah i have a question who thought this was a good idea plz explain the thought process you guys used because only someone who does not play the game would think these are good changes.

Deep Wound Update 

• The Deep Wound timer pauses for survivors within The Killer's Terror Radius–regardless of whether they are in a chase or not. 
    • The Deep Wound timer pauses while Mending
    • The Killer does not see the Deep Wound timer progress–only the Deep Wound bar to know that Deep Wound has been applied. 
    • The Deep Wound timer progress is no longer reduced by regular Feral Frenzy attacks.

Feral Frenzy is immediately and automatically cancelled whenever The Legion misses an attack while in frenzy.

• bgbomb
    bgbomb Member Posts: 434
    edited April 2019

How long should spend by killer to knock down a survivor in your mind?

Could new legion makes it in time in your mind?

• knell
    knell Member Posts: 595

The developers have often stated that they like to focus on the "fun" aspect of playing killers more than their competitive viability. What makes this new Legion design more fun for killer players than the previous Legion design? Do you think there will be an increase in players selecting Legion?

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,319

Will any of legions newly modified add-on allow him to apply status effects to survivors affected by deep wound status such as Blind, Mangled,Hemorrhage, Hindered or Exhausted, Similar to Huntress add-on on Hatchets?

• DarkGGhost
    DarkGGhost Member Posts: 1,072

What the will be the timer for the new stun ( legion after his/her power) ?

• MistressChara
    MistressChara Member Posts: 112
    edited April 2019

When Legion first came out, the idea behind them seemed to be that they were a passionate and impulsive group of teenagers that gone astray rather than "killers" in the traditional sense. Being slow but also being able to break into a sprint, having survivor vault abilities, and being able to hit people repeatedly was a big part of making this character thematically consistent with this ideal. Going forward with this rework how do you think the new changes will reflect this image?

Love you guys and hope these changes end up being for the better rather than for the worse.

• lionsou
    lionsou Member Posts: 61
    edited April 2019

Disconnects because of Legion has been a core issue on gameplay and many youtubers and twitch streamers have addressed this with both Legion and general cases. Will there be any punishments either coming in this patch or in an upcoming one to solve this issue?

• HeroesBlade
    HeroesBlade Member Posts: 3

Do you think you made the right choice considering what you did with The Legion?

• NoFace
    NoFace Member Posts: 151

What happeneds when you hit a survivor with Feral Frenzy that already has Deep Wound? I know the bar won't go down, but what happens to Legion? Does he just get stunned?

• Gonzolax
    Gonzolax Member Posts: 41

Don't you think the automatically depleting feral frenzy when missing an attack is a bit too much? If so, is it possible for a more safer version?

• MasonMyers69
    MasonMyers69 Member Posts: 246

Why do killers get a lot of nerfs and some are too much, it's happened to Freddy and now legion, killers are meant to be strong and have the advantage in this asymmetrical game yet the way killers are going it'll be the other way around, is there any future killer buffs which will make killers like freddy more viable - if so what are they

• Remisee
    Remisee Member Posts: 133

What are his right now currently Add-on's? *After Rework*

• redsopine01
    redsopine01 Member Posts: 1,269

I have one why is the legion change where they miss a hit been applied without thought to dead hard people are going to abuse this to get a speed boost and a larger distance with the missed frenzy cooldown

• Caeruleus
    Caeruleus Member Posts: 56
    edited April 2019

Why lower Feral Frenzy's movement speed? What's wrong with their Feral Frenzy speed now? How do you expect Legion to be a bigger threat than they were before?

• mistressdiana
    mistressdiana Member Posts: 56

Will these changes have a direct effect on the Deranged Pursuit achievement (for those that do not have it)? If so will the achievement be changed?

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,873

Can you explain how this makes sense please (logically or lore wise)? I go into a frenzy and hit a survivor so hard that if they don't receive immediate medical attention they will go into a dying state, but if I hit them with the same attack again before they receive medical attention it will literally do nothing.

• BrutalPandaRawr
    BrutalPandaRawr Member Posts: 2

Let me get this correct, with the legions feral frenzy attack to not regress the deep wound bar does the wiping blade animation still play so he can chain the attacks?

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

@not_Queen

Is there any ideas for adding an incentive for tagging multiple survivors with Frenzy? Currently with these changes, mending will be the same as before which means it can be easily removed. This worries since the damage caused by tagging multiple survivors can be easily undone, at least how it seems currently.

• Fres0c0
    Fres0c0 Member Posts: 115

Some would call legion one of the most toxic killers in the game with the changes it removes everything that made legion toxic, but people still don't like deep wounds legion rubbed dbd in a bad way so is the a plan to rework legion for the better of both sides

• PizzaTime19
    PizzaTime19 Member Posts: 4

Hey, why not have Legion be buffed? Like, for instance the old borrowed time effect could replace deep wound. In a chase it doesn’t move but progresses out of a chase. Because people can just run Insidious and be fine with the current changes. You have the option to heal instead of mend so survivors could heal and Nurses calling could work. The power gauge should have to be full so there’s no spam, but keep the uniqueness of the reduced missed attack. Maybe no blood pools so there’s no moonwalk and bloodhound strat, but make it so there’s at least some form of tracking, I feel the cornfield campers presence. Keep the gauge longer and missed attack reduces stuff but there could be a short deplete on the gauge for every action in frenzy. I’m not saying it needs to be this way, but Legion needs changes, good ones, so they’re not the official worst killer. Am I being too biased?

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176

Would you guys consider giving the Legion infinite feral frenzy but with the cooldown? There's no point in making it run out since you can no longer down survivors eith it and it would help promote the Legions intended playstyle of run and stab all while helping him keep map pressure.

• SpaceCoconut
    SpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962

Now that an attack from Feral Frenzy does not affect the Deep Wound timer, the timer doesn't go down within the killer's 32m terror radius or while Mending, and if Mending still takes 15 seconds... What threat does Deep Wounds cause the survivor?

If the killer is chasing them then the Deep Wounds timer is simply a UI status effect with no impact on the survivor.

If the killer leaves 32m away they provide no threat to the survivor who can then mend without being tracked.

While mending they won't be worrying about running out of time and going into the dying state.

At no point is the survivor fearful of falling to Deep Wounds and the only way they could do so was by deliberately letting the timer run out.

This is further proven by the application of Deep Wounds as a BENEFICIAL status effect through Borrowed Time.

Question:

What changes will be applied to Deep Wounds to make it a detrimental effect for survivors rather than a beneficial one?

• tt_ivi_99
    tt_ivi_99 Member Posts: 1,463

Why did you nerf this killer so much? He's already too weak. Do you think every killer's power has to come with a downside? If the answer is yes, will you nerf Billy/Nurse?

• Slarg
    Slarg Member Posts: 1

**What kind of Add-ons can we expect with the Legion rework?**

To expand on that, will we see add-ons more akin to Huntress, where she throws axes and applies various status effects, or will we see add-ons more akin to Myers where we have multiple playstyles available as long as you have the right add-ons and perks available?

Say for instance, add-ons that apply debuffs while affected by Deep Wounds (Giving Legion a buff for chasing a target affected by them), along with add-ons that lower Feral Frenzy speed while increasing its duration and Legion's Terror Radius, giving us a choice between a sort of Power as Chasing Tool build that focuses on downing survivors and a Power as Movement tool that applies perks like Unnerving Presence across a wide area?

Michael Myers is one of the most fun killers to face in the game simply because you don't know if you're going against Jumpscare Myers or Tombstone Myers, and I feel like more killers could use the versatility in their line up rather than "You do one thing, this is that one thing you do".

• BlackMercury
    BlackMercury Member Posts: 172

The Legion's power doesn't seem to play much to their advertised concepts of being a group of killers, and a killer that can pass for a survivor (like in their trailer). Will there ever be more emphasis put on these ideas, something to make you feel like you're playing a part of a group, rather than a killer with fancy cosmetics. And possibly something to support the idea that they can pass for survivors, such as an invisible red stain.

• ItsYourBoyGuzma
    ItsYourBoyGuzma Member Posts: 797
    edited April 2019

Have you guys thought about making legions hits affecting survivors in different ways?

Such as 1 hit on a survivor will

-debuff gen repair speed

-debuff healing speed

-no aura reading

-exhausted on hit

Only 1 of these can be attached to each survivor.

Jumping over objects is fine, but I feel like legions ability lacks creativity and doesn't have pressure potential

• RotBb
    RotBb Member Posts: 396

Why nerf the legion to be like the doctor and Freddy, killers that need add-ons to be viable? Nurse, pig, and hillbilly don’t need add-ons to be able to win, but doctor, hag, Freddy, and wraith all need add-ons for a chance, why add legion to that list?

• Keene_Kills
    Keene_Kills Member Posts: 649

Since Legion will now be able to travel farther albeit as a slower pace, that must mean that either: A.) the Frenzy bar depletes at a slower rate, or B.) the Frenzy bar is lengthened entirely. Which is it, and at what rate/speed can we expect the bar to refresh?

Since missing an attack (although not depleting the bar entirely) will initiate an end to Frenzy (and an obvious stun), and Legion now having to wait until entirely refilled in order to initiate another Frenzy, the rate speed of Frenzy bar refresh is going to be a massive factor on gameplay and thus I feel deserves clarification.

• mintchapstick
    mintchapstick Member Posts: 891
    edited April 2019

> What is the logic behind a missed attack in frenzy ending the frenzy? Have you considered how this will affect players on console (it's already almost impossible to hit survivors in a frenzy on console)? Or that it doesn't thematically make sense with the idea of a "frenzy?"

I don't really care about most of the changes, but this one IMO ruins the experience & fun of playing Legion entirely. Literally the only fun part about playing them is running into a group of survivors and slashing around wildly--in, you know, a frenzy. & there being no cooldown after a missed frenzy attack is what makes the frenzy ability unique.

Post edited by mintchapstick on
  • doitagain_
    doitagain_ Member Posts: 723

Can the Legion’s Feral Frenzy attacks now be used when the exposed effect is active?

• GenSim12345
    GenSim12345 Member Posts: 182

What was the thought process you had thinking of these changes for Legion? Did you want to make his power a utility or make Legions power capable of downing survivors?

• BoundByTheEntity
    BoundByTheEntity Member Posts: 1

Would you actually aim for a rework based on community feedback? Not buffs or nerfs, but actual new additions to their power.

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

Why nerf Legion rather than given then a rework?

• Sn0wJob
    Sn0wJob Member Posts: 247

Now that you've updated the legion's kit to what most people are considering a "healthier" form, is there a possibility of revisiting the thanatophobia buff so that killers have an alternative to running hex:ruin or pop goes the weasel?

• meinhite
    meinhite Member Posts: 7

"Feral Frenzy is immediately and automatically cancelled whenever The Legion misses an attack while in frenzy. "

What do developers think of the serious consequences this change will have for the console's legion users?

Considering the users of ps4 and xbox, this change should never come out.

• invira_zero
    invira_zero Member Posts: 229

Btw, which and how addons will be reworked?

The Frank Mixtape will work as before?

• Hex_Flex
    Hex_Flex Member Posts: 132

When can we see any and all add-on changes/adjustments?

• MedicSpirit7
    MedicSpirit7 Member Posts: 689

Besides the power changes, More Legion cosmetics coming soon???

• TimeMonster
    TimeMonster Member Posts: 152

Hi there!

I'm one of the rarest killers that TRY to NOT KILL SURVIVORS! And usualy i play legion since it's easy to just hit&run and know that they will wast some time mending, then healing and stuff like that. Hooking survivors only for BBQ stacks

I got weird question : how do you think - would i be able to maintain that kind of gameplay with new changes? And what do you think obout that play style (no kills)?

• Pharaoh211
    Pharaoh211 Member Posts: 28

Can Legion actually cross large maps with one Frenzy? It seems you want him to chain his Feral Frenzy hits map wide but can he even get across some of the larger maps like Swamp or The Temple to get to the survivors to spread his damage.

• Snow_Lep
    Snow_Lep Member Posts: 305
    edited April 2019

I would like to say that the update is needed, but a hard nerf in many ways.

The Legion is now an inverse Spirit from what I see, taking away a good bit of what makes the power so wonderful to use and very useful. To quickly pop into a frenzy to hit someone and continue on to the next person was the most unique aspect of the power. It made using The Legion a rather hard killer to actually play properly. Legion could get destroyed against a group of survivors that are decent at the game.

The Legion was overpowered still, but the changes of a slower frenzy are very much appreciated. The terror radius increase should not have been as drastic as what it was in my opinion, the radius should only go to the max distance before a chase is lost by the killer (which very well may be the 32). The mending bar should still decrease on a successful attack, because many players don't try to aim for the same survivor twice and down them with frenzy unless there are no other survivors nearby. Removing the blood is unnecessary since the mending stops while in the terror radius, making moonwalk exploits impossible, and I would prefer to be able to actually have SOME way of tracking people while in frenzy.

Those are my opinions, but my question for you is: CAN I HAVE MY MONEY BACK WHEN THIS GOES LIVE? I WANT A KILLER I CAN ACTUALLY USE IF I PAID FOR THEM! (I do only say this if when the PTB goes live I do not like the update. Who knows? Maybe people who Legion main will actually like this change. Doubtful, but it could happen.)

• Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604
    edited April 2019

I strongly believe the rework changes are great except this part

• The Deep Wound timer progress is no longer reduced by regular Feral Frenzy attacks. 

This part along with the other nerfs does not justified with each other. Legion was a very weak killer without using the moonlight exploits, by forcing Legion to become a M1 Killer he will become significantly weaker

He's also prone to Loops, because if he gets stunned, he loses all Frenzy power, his power will no longer be used to counter survivors in looping, as each time he uses it, survivor can simply vault back and the Legion gets stunned

If you guys are 100% intend on going through with Deep Wound no longer reduced by regular Feral Frenzy Attacks, you guys should not touch Legion on other areas. The significantly reduced speed, can't see blood, depletes power on miss, recharge increase, required full charge, these changes are too Overkill for just 115% movement speed buff

He is still weak, and will literally become unplayable at high rank

Ultimately, here is my question, please offer refunds in Auric cells for those who bought Legion/ DLC, it would keep the playerbase happy and no one would complain about it

I have every Killer P3 at this point with 3K hours

This discussion has been closed.