Do Killer Mains just want survivors to Stand Idle

Options

I’ve seen plenty of killers complain and nag on how survivors loop? Do you want us to do nothing? Some user said looping was an exploit how does that even go through your mind?

Comments

• Unicorn
    Unicorn Member Posts: 2,340
    Options

I haven’t heard this complaint in a while from Killers. I hope this isn’t coming up again :/

• gantes
    gantes Member Posts: 1,611
    Options

I think it's more about how chases are unfun to play as killer when you're getting looped and how time consuming it can be, especially when gens go down so fast.

Loops are mostly beatable though. Just unfun and uninspired, but not to the point of making me dislike playing killer.

• FengMinEqualsWin
    FengMinEqualsWin Member Posts: 91
    Options

Not trying to to sound rude here but i don’t be get when killers loop for a long period why don’t they just leave that specific survivor. I’ve played killer here and there and if i’m getting terribly looped i leaves that survivor

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807
    Options

Basically there is an alternative to looping which is juking back into stealth. It doesn't work well enough compared to looping which is why people don't do it. I consider this a problem that should be fixed.

It comes down to:

Scratchmarks OP.

No really. That Killer ability is the root cause of a really annoying SURVIVOR strategy, simply because Scratchmarks make it almost impossible to shake a Killer who wants you downed, thus the only viable alternative is to make downing you take too long to be worth it (or make it literally take forever).

However ideally your goal in a chase is to go back into hiding. In order for this to be an expected goal it also MUST be viable to achieve in most situations (that means perkless). Once this is the case we can nerf the ######### out of looping, safe in the idea that survivor have a more interesting and intuitive alternative. And the way to do that is to nerf scratchmarks in general.

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615
    Options

@FengMinEqualsWin Because it won't help. Most survivors do it so you'd just be wasting time going for another person who is going to do the same thing while the one you left hops on a gen.

• FengMinEqualsWin
    Options

I think i’m a decent survivor when it comes to chases but i’ve gone up against many GOOD killer mains so it’s not impossible to down a decent survivor

• NuclearBurrito
    Options

@FengMinEqualsWin I always operate on the assumption that everyone else is going to be attempting to play optimally. In this meta that means looping, thus if I drop a survivor because I'm being looped then that just means not only do I loose the time from that chase but it also means I haven't solved the problem as the next survivor I find will loop me instead.

Without a Killer who can bypass the issue you will inevitably get looped.

For the record I play Spirit, which is both a Killer who bypasses the issue AND a Killer who can be juked making her one of the most fun Killers to play as or against.

• FengMinEqualsWin
    Options

I really do enjoy chases with spirits cause i’ve seen many good mindgaming spirits when they fake use their power to trick you

• NuclearBurrito
    Options

Exactly! Imagine if the other Killers chases were more about mindgames than raw time management. THAT is what I want. Not a free down, not you standing still, certainly not being ran around through a set optimal path. I want a clash of wits.

• gantes
    Options

That's why I love Spirit. You might win the chase, fine. But you'll do so by outplaying me, not entering a chase which is pretty much an endless flowchart of optimal movement.

I think the game would be more enjoyable for killers if it were less about constant time management and more about mindgames. That's how the strongest killers play anyway.

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,141
    Options

@NuclearBurrito That would be nice. Unfortunately, for that you need developers and designers whose strength lies in such mind games and clashes of wits when designing maps, perks, and characters. And unfortunately, so far it doesn't seem that such folks are members of the DbD staff.

So, what we get is, in too many cases, a lowest common denominator of design on those aspects.

• NuclearBurrito
    Options

I've always held that mind games are the ultimate form of PVP. They are the only type of gameplay that inherently requires another player (besides roleplay somewhat) and it is self balancing to a point.

• ColgateAdvancedWhite
    ColgateAdvancedWhite Member Posts: 616
    Options

No rest until 4k under 3min is the balance standard

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,141
    edited April 2019
    Options

@NuclearBurrito What's interesting is that I can mind game enemies quite effectively in Overwatch and Paladins. Herd them to where I want them on the map for my team's optimal positioning, bait out ultimates when we're prepared for them and can counter them, force their healers out of position with feint maneuvers, et cetera.

Here? Here it's a lot less common to be able to do half of the mind games that should be in the game, and for the few you can pull-off, it's just way too much damned effort for very little reward. At least for a majority of the killers.

• FengMinEqualsWin
    Options

you’re saying you want to ben able to get a 4k in under 3min?

• NuclearBurrito
    Options

@FengMinEqualsWin r/woosh (I hope)

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069
    Options

And this is completely balanced? Laughable. But yeah let's nerf every killer to the level of Legion.

• PuppetLivesMatter
    PuppetLivesMatter Member Posts: 77
    edited April 2019
    Options

Once I faced a Trapper who facecamped a teammate 'cause "she looped him and stunned him" and "he hated that". It was so ridiculous, the rest of us escaped. Other matches I saw killers complaining and acussing me for going on SWF (I play solo), other ones for using Adren, Balanced Landing. Some killer mains just want to be the game so easier and live their lifes complaining about DBD, the only thing we can do is ignore them.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    Options

I’m not a killer main, but I would like stealth to be more viable. Maybe decrease scratchmarks staying to five seconds and making maps darker (not including the basement, I feel for the Freddy mains with the old basement lighting.)

• gantes
    Options

I play more killer than survivor and even if I get absolutely shat on during the match, I only say something besides gg in the end game chat if people start being toxic for no reason whatsoever.

But yeah, there are extremely toxic people from both sides. Multiplayer games are bound to be like this, especially when the game mechanics sometimes favor a stressfull gameplay, like it often happens in DBD.

• SpaceCoconut
    SpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962
    Options

Killer mains want survivors to stand still exactly as much as Survivor mains want killers to not chase them.

• PuppetLivesMatter
    Options

Since when being good running of the killer means "abusing chase mechanics"?. I mean, we are survivors, What are we supposed to do? Let Killers hit us easy and giving them easy hooks or kills? That's not gonna happen

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,516
    edited April 2019
    Options

I don't think scratch marks are the issue. The limiting factor on stealth right now is terrible map design. There needs to be way more objects, grass,reeds, boxes etc to break line of sight mid chase and make jukes. Currently making jukes and losing the survivor is only happening if the killer is just dumb or intentionally letting them go.

Stealth also isn't utlized because looping is just too strong. Why stealth when looping is just faster and better? Looping needs to be weakened and maps improved for stealth.

• PuppetLivesMatter
    Options

I play killer too but not so much as survivor. Once I played with my former main (Hag in fact). I putted a trap near the hatch and then I chased one survivor and hooked him. I had BBQ and I saw the last near the hatch, he triggered the trap and I catched him before he could escape. In the end game chat he called me "BBQ abuser", it was hilarious

• NuclearBurrito
    Options

Anyways as for something specific I'd want. How about something like:

Survivors no longer leave scratchmarks, like at all, but:

Survivors now have a stamina bar, when it is full they run at 4.4 meters per second (that's 110% btw) however it gradually goes down to 3.6 over 30 seconds of running.

Lithe and balanced landing now cost stamina to use, Sprint burst is only used at max stamina and Dead hard goes on cooldown when used and stays on cooldown until your stamina goes back to full.

It could recharge at the same rate it drains (1 second of walking gives you 1 second of stamina out of 30) and exhaustion would instead reduce the recharge time (with exhaustion perks no longer actually giving the status) depending on the addon causing it.

This means looping isn't viable as you only get slower over time, however it means that initially you can maintain your distance better than now in order to break LoS at which point no scratchmarks.

Thoughts?

Btw that's 15 seconds of running faster than now.

• GrootDude
    Options

@Blueberry I try to play stealthy but losing the killer take a lot of thinking and strategy so looping is easier. Haddonfield is a good example of stealth being more viable with all the LOS breakers. That is why I love it so much. :)

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,516
    Options

Yeah i enjoy haddonfield a lot as well for that reason lol

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    Options

I don't care what you do to survive. You're behind that screen, not the players trying to make you play differently.

• ColgateAdvancedWhite
    ColgateAdvancedWhite Member Posts: 616
    Options

Just make bloodlust permanent and endlessly stacking

• Judgement
    Judgement Member Posts: 955
    Options

Technically looping USED TO be considered an exploit, but it isn’t anymore. The devs themselves said it was when the game first released, but then later said it isn’t anymore, probably because of many other changes to the game since then.

People who say it’s an exploit are still living in 2016.

• FengMinEqualsWin
    Options

Not trying to sound super toxic but i love looping the killer. I get some sort of adrenaline rush questioning whether or not i can make it to the pallet

• Heroiq
    Heroiq Member Posts: 1,134
    Options

killers have a lot of perks. powers. and add-ons to deal with loops. but they're still complaining. i play killer a lot (rank 6-2) and i have no problems with it. i always mindgame the infinities. and most of the times i get a free hit. even tho bamboozle can literally kill the infinity. and as a survivor (rank 1-3). i'm a pretty good looper not gonna lie. some killers i face run bamboozle. enduring + spirit fury combo. and i usually discuss with them about the loops and how much time it takes and they have no problems at all because they're creating a big dead zones for late game. but for some reason. a lot of people are complaining about it. guess i'll have to wait under the hook for the killer to hook me. no need to try " surviving " here. also everyone who says looping is an exploit probably played the game only once in 2016 and left it

• GrootDude
    Options

@Heroiq Bamboozle doesn’t counter the Lery’s infinite.

• BreadLord
    BreadLord Member Posts: 274
    Options

i legit get called pussy and other names for being stealthy and not being found, i dont know what killers want

• DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230
    Options

I feel sorry for you that you are under the assumption that the only two ways to play Survivors are either looping or standing still.

• HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948
    Options

Stealth is already pretty viable. It just takes skill and requires... To use Claudette. But no matter how strong stealth becomes, unless it's a nurse majority will keep looping cuz it's more fun than evading the killer 99% of the time.