Do Killer Mains just want survivors to Stand Idle

Comments

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320

I want you all to stand in a corner and think about what you did. Then maybe you can come out and play.

• Slayer
    Slayer Member Posts: 1,148

Then play killer that has counter around loops. Billy, huntress , spirit, clown

• PiiFree
    PiiFree Member Posts: 1,154

You can loop me but I'll need a break after all this running!

I'll put you on the hook and take a break next to you, hope that's fine!

• redsopine01
    redsopine01 Member Posts: 1,269

Ikr there's one on autohaven all 4 looped me with a change out to heal and do gens to the point that they only dropped the pallet beacuse 3 was healing and what do ya know a second infinate right next to it

• Alther_Primus
    Alther_Primus Member Posts: 158

I really just want the maps to be balanced. Fix the see-through walls on Coldwind, nerf some of the more disgusting main buildings, Haddonfield in general needs looking at. A few Survivor perks like Balanced Landing, Adrenaline, and Mettle of Man also need to be scrutinized.

I'm not saying Killers are perfectly fine either, I know that Nurse needs a solid looking at, as do a lot of addons for other high-tier killers, but right now I definitely feel as though any attempt to buff Killers to current Survivor levels is just going to result in a very unfun game for both sides.

tl;dr: I'm OK with running around tiles, but for the love of the Entity fix the broken main buildings and a few perks.

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    edited April 2019

When I play killer I want you as the survivor to be uncomfortable. I want you to be afraid. I want to feel powerful, like I'm a threat. My established goal as a killer is to sacrifice survivors to my elder goddess in a dark ritual.

So when I see a Nea in a leather jacket charging straight at me named Cocktimus Prime that has no fear and prefers to be near me I see a problem. The area directly around the killer is called the "TERROR RADIUS" and yet unless I play Doctor people actually want to be in the terror radius!

I'll be real here: I'd love to play some Trapper. Roam the trials as the OG killer, watch folks stuggle helplessly in a bear trap as I march towards them. However, if I do that I'll have a Dwight dry hump my right leg while a Meg rubs up against my left leg. All while a Nea, Feng, or Claudette is running in circles around me while across the map some Bill, Tapp or Quentin grumbles while doing most of the generators alone.

I've seen a lot of folks complain when I play Doctor or Legion, but I have to play as these guys just to get some gameplay where survivors act scared. Both killers help me in a chase while also causing everyone else to beat it, otherwise they get madness or mending problems.

I don't want survivors to stand still, but it'd be great if you guys didn't feel so comfy near me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DISCLAIMER:

Cocktimus Prime is not an actual Dead by Daylight player username I have ever encountered in standard play. My only connection to the name is that I saw it in an IGN article about the launch of Fallout 76 a year or so back.

• DingDongs
    DingDongs Member Posts: 684

If you're one of toxic then yes stay still

• GraviteaUK
    GraviteaUK Member Posts: 464
    edited April 2019

Huntress counters loops? LuL no no no she's one of the easiest to pallet loop in the game.

Spirit, Clown, and Nurse yes.

Billy doesn't even counter loops he's quite loopable as long as you understand the hitboxes on the chainsaw after playing some games as him.

Problem is most killers more specifically lower tier ones have no way of countering loops effectively, and have you seen the ones that do?

"Nerf Billy, Nerf Nurse"

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333

Looping is a time a one sided time waster which is my only gripe outside of double pallets, infinites, and broken window issues. You can say that survivors who engage in a minutes long looping chase lose a great deal of scoring opportunities, but in the grand scheme of things that won't result in them being at risk of losing the game. I am a person who thinks certain actions should have equally negative effects on both sides of the game in a lot of regards. Some people say scratchmarks are the issue, but honestly scratch marks can me a killer up more than looping as they appear in a very scattershot manner. Sometimes they bleed through walls and I've played again players who've become very adept at just making a huge mess with scratches and then stealthing away which causes information they do give to be less than useful.

THe best thing you can do as killer is just let most people go if they are at something that looks like a huge time waster as right now survivors need their chaser emblem so they will come to you eventually. Though sometimes as killer you get stuck in your own head and feel that if you let this potential down go then you're not gonna build momentum. The sunk cost fallacy that comes out is really damaging. Also a bulk of the killers can't really do anything about loops naturally so it can be an uphill battle.

• Slayer
    Slayer Member Posts: 1,148
    edited April 2019

Billy has a play around loops (curving) as well as huntress but she s weaker of course. To be honest i dont even consider huntress top tier. Never any huntress player was able to crush me as long as i dont make any stupid moves

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371

I don't want you to stand iddle, I want you to cry in pain, squirm in agony, struggle in vain...

My tactic is to eliminate the weaker survivors first from the match. If a killer can't capture a survivor in 30 or 40 seconds, they should break the chase and go look for an easier prey. If done right, the good looper will be the last one and you can chase it all day long, it won't escape at the end.

Only coward killers complain about survivors that loop, I leave the complaints for the dead survivors, their salty tears fuel me!

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

No. I want you sitting there watching the screen just don't play and let me hit you.

No bathroom breaks either. You sit and watch the whole thing.

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790

You've seen some of these maps right - the ones with few if any line of sight breakers? Where they going to lose you trailing scratch marks behind them?

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

@PiiFree I don’t mind, I’ll do my jumping jacks while you take a break.

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

Looping is fine. Take a chill pill. Infinites are not and should be fixed, but they will. I loop myself and verse loopers as killer, and it's completely fine. Not anything wrong. If you struggle so much, play Hag or Spirit. Incredibly fun killers, and effortless counters to loops.

• AlexAnarchy
    AlexAnarchy Member Posts: 685

Why do people keep posting this like they would expect too see it any other online game?

Survivors have so many diff options of play, Juking, Looping, LOS, Stealth ((not dead, stop making excuses to say such))

The problem is survivors want to fight the killer instead of hide, so they only want to loop and make any excuse they can too claim nothing else works, it's entirely false but the devs are slowly nerfing looping more and more each patch so eventually, we have seen it become less and less useful overtime.

Survivors simply need to stop refusing to adapt to new playstyles.

Survivors just memepost this excuse of standing idle or run in a straight line cuz there is no real argument they can make so they just play dumb on purpose.

• AlexAnarchy

The devs have never said it was an exploit, nor have they ever said it was intended, They have consistantly stated it as an Unintended feature however, and that was even recently again for a Q&A.

• AlexAnarchy
    edited April 2019

Oh yes...Killers should have too take multiple perks and certain addons every single game to counter survivors...that makes sense for an asymmetrical game now does'nt it?

Can folks please not post like dbd is the only online game you folks play?

It's even less subtle than trolls.

• kate_best_girl
    kate_best_girl Member Posts: 2,184

Okay but a medium to decent killer will just find you again its so easy when you have scratch marks and blood trails

• AlexAnarchy

And survivors have perks to make these things not as much of an issue and these things can be mindgamed too make a killer lose you, but it's okay...we know any excuse will do.

• pushkina
    pushkina Member Posts: 130

Grass and iron will is your friend. I really love iron will. It makes it really easy to lose the killer.

• Tru3Lemon
    Tru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,358

So ppl want another nerf and this is very important if you guys want to fix the looping its imposible same as camping or tunneling if they fix it alot of the player base will decrease alot i dont really full understand about killers that complain looping you have bloodlust and its soo ez to get 4k it but since killers all the time cry about this is just stupid

• kate_best_girl

You know not every killer is rank 20? Stealth flat out is dead unless you run an entire build dedicated to it but even then a decent killer can still make a very likely assumption of where youll be

• kate_best_girl

I try to stealh away from killers because I dont even like chases id rather play sneakily but dbd isnt the game for that unless you get lucky with a bad killer

• AlexAnarchy
    edited April 2019

All i literally use for my personal stealth build, is urban evasion, everything else is for getting out of chases if found, yep, it's so dead... and this is'nt a person memeposting that stealthplay is dead cuz all they want to do is loop and actual skilled players threaten that belief that "Looping is the only way to win"

• kate_best_girl

I mean

A. Jake is too annoying to play despite being a daddy

B. Tbh like I stated unless you run an entire build stealth really wont get you anywhere especially individual perks by themselves

• AlexAnarchy

first A- What about what this person said, stated you had too play Jake?

second B - That's purely false but looping only players will always make an excuse to say stealth is dead.

• kate_best_girl

Stealth play is dependent on

Are you running an entire build for it?

Are your cosmetics dark enough?

Are you gonna get a map with LOS breakers?

Are you gonna get a killer who will be easy to break LOS with?

• Chi
    Chi Member Posts: 780

And looking for a Blendette is less boring than actually being in a chase right?

• kate_best_girl

Iron will is a jake teachable...

Also do you not read or just ignore what you don't like? I literally stated I dont like looping its not fun for me I wanna be scared not pumped up.

• AlexAnarchy
    edited April 2019

Stealthplay is dependant on

You do not need an entire build for it if your simply skilled enough to know how a killer sees.

Any survivor can pick ther darker clothing and be good at stealth, if your wearing bright clothes and trying too stealth, that'd be simply stupid.

Every map has walls, just because you ca'nt use them too fool a killer when you have some distance is your own fault.

Every killer sees things the exact same way, even aura perks and addons have stealth counters even without perks.

• kate_best_girl

Your entire argument is based on the killer being rank 20 like do you not play killer?

• AlexAnarchy
    edited April 2019

Oh trust me, we all want to be scared again, but the only thing left of dbd too be scared of, is the devs decisions...

• kate_best_girl

Every killer isnt rank 20 like have you never played killer? Its so easy to keep track with people.

• AlexAnarchy
    edited April 2019

At this point, your just making and listing out excuses, there is no helping you obviously.

I can't help a brick wall.

• AlexAnarchy
    edited April 2019

Do not put words in my mouth while you don't even listen too anything I post.

I never once have said a killer needed to be rank 20 for this work and I cannot play with rank 20 killers once past rank 15 so this is simply a bad argument you are trying to put in my mouth.

It's pretty clear at this point your either a very bad troll or your just memeposting whatever bad argument you can create.

Brick wall.

• kate_best_girl

I never put words into your mouth lmao im not making excuses im stating facts no good killer loses someone easily stealth play works in mid to low ranks but in high ranks you don't have any stealth play at all because killers arent stupid enough to fall for survivor stealth tricks

• AlexAnarchy

Then why am I still surviving most of my games around ranks 5-1 with just urban evasion for stealth? Could it be I am just one of the actual few skilled survivors out there with stealth cuz I got gud instead of making a list of excuses too not do it and don't rely on putting words in someones mouth too create failed arguments?

• kate_best_girl

You really do just read whatever you wanna see huh?

• kate_best_girl

You just ignore everything I say and end it with "You're making excuses." sorry hun but thats not winning a discussion

• AlexAnarchy
    edited April 2019

All I see is me stating stealth is still viable and you posting 'nuh uh! Not unless the killer is rank 20! "

Which i'm sorry but I passed rank 15 so I can't play against rank 20 killers nor would I want too and I have almost all killer perks expect plague unlocked ( So obviously I played killer and I even mentioned stealth works when you know how a killer can see , "which means I have played killer obviously".)

There simply is no point in replying too you at this point cuz your stuck on me somehow going against rank 20 killers only, which as said before is now pretty much impossible for me to do as a normally solo player but yet I survive still, imagine that....Maybe cuz I put my time into learning something else.

• CornChip
    CornChip Member Posts: 540

"Infinites"

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

While that's true many a killer including a large portion here thinks Stealth play is boring and they don't want to give up what'd be needed for it to be viable. The same is true for some survivors on here and in general.

I dislike looping which is why I've never been really good at it because i don't want to play Merry Go Round simulator for 1-5 gens. I want to mind game the heck out of the killer and leave them wondering where I went.

You look at some of the posts on here, about Urban Evasion and it's mostly insults, the same to Blendette's. Yet that's what being stealthy truly is about and the moment you mention it it's crickets chirping.

There really needs to be both styles being viable yet scratch marks make it nearly impossible, Doctor, ShadowBorn, Wraith, Mirror Myers, Amanda's 1 addon etc. Then you have all the tracking perks that make it super difficult to be stealthy.

So what do killers really wants, as a Spirit main I love the mind games both against her and playing as her. When you outmind game someone as Spirit you get a sense of satisfaction that looping can't give. The same is true for outmind gaming a good Spirit and it doesn't come down to who can cut corners better.

• kate_best_girl

Stealth has never worked on me or many many many other killers because there is so much against stealth you have scratch marks, blood, breathing, grass rustling, footsteps you cannot end chases with stealth in this game unless the killer is brain dead or rank 20...I have a hard time believing you're anywhere past rank 14 with how full of yourself you are and how you actually think stealth works against smart killers lol you've ignored several points ive made and just jump onto "YoUrE MaKinG ExCuSeS." You dont wanna acknowledge my points because it would prove I know what im talking about and if you can't win at discussion without acknowledging valid points your opponents made then dont start them.

• kate_best_girl

AGREED!!! Stealth gameplay needs to make a come back so that way this game can be scary I try to stealth when I can but like killers aren't dumb lmao

• Galklife
    Galklife Member Posts: 726

if you think looping is problem(as killer) that means you have less than 500h on killer or you dont want to learn how to play around it and just press W

most killer mains forgot its MULTIPLAYER game, and those 4 survs aint bots that exist to help them feel better by dying instantly, if you dont want to play vs ppl that are getting better and better just play SINGLEPLAYER games on easy mode ... (because normal might be too hard)

but dont worry devs ballanced this game for you killer mains now most games are 3vs1 so you wont get genrushed that easly aint that great for you, killer mains that dont know how to play this game? i hope you enjoy 3vs1's before devs will fix that and you will back to playing unballanced 4vs1 Kappa

• kate_best_girl

Ssshhhh someone here might think you're making excuses

• AlexAnarchy
    edited April 2019

I already said it's pointless to reply to you anymore cuz your brick walled on your beliefs yet here you are again just simply posting false points (( which I did post a reply too about those false points in which you now claim I ignored.) and excuses again like scratchmarks, blood,breathing, grass rustling and footsteps and saying that you are not able to stealthplay well..Maybe that is simply cuz your not good at it, but with time and practice and well simply working up the skill by playing and figuring out the ins and outs of the killers and ther perks, you can be as good as I am someday.

This is my last reply to you so I'm simply gonna say, make all the excuses you want, but it's only you that prevents you from getting better.

You can say you know what your talking about all you want, but your the only one here posting why you cannot do well at this, and every single one of them have counters, you just seem to not be good at taking advantage of the counters, and that is your fault, Not mine.

• Galklife
    Galklife Member Posts: 726

@AlexAnarchy just play stealthy vs doc or Legion best idea i heard

and whats the problem with 2 play styles as surv? stealth and runners? and killers are same some killers counters stealth (doc, legion), some killers counters looping (clown, pig, nurse) xd thats not for you to decide if someone has to play like you like

• AlexAnarchy
    edited April 2019

Doc, easy way to stealth doc, - Get madness 1 while he is chasing someone else, Done, you can now stealth doc if your not a silly boi who stays in his TR all round afterwords.

Legion, why the heck are you together close enough to be in his aura reads after hitting someone with DW?

Lockers also work against Doc.

Excuses too claim you cannot stealth these killers but you go right ahead, I can detail a counter for each killer and addon.

Sorry that you blame the game over your simple lack of skill but survivors always get threatened when someone can actually educate them on playing stealth since it negates the argument of "Looping is the only way to win"