If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Pallet looping

Options
fml
fml Member Posts: 6
So pallet looping amlost only way to waste killers time... (that i know)

do you want survivors to run straight or what?

imagine maps without pallets... then you can use only windows or no?

if you disagree u can tell me some other choices than pallet looping if you want i’ll be only happy because im not very good at this game

PS: im not toxic i just dont know how can u waste killers time so i pallet looping

Comments

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    Options

Pallet looping should still be option, just not the strongest option.

• fml
    Options
    do you know any other options?
    if yes i would like to know them as i said im not very good at this game so you can only help me
  • weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144
    edited May 2018
    Options

Pallet looping in its current form is pretty mindless and irritating to deal with. The pallet changes should make it less annoying and put the game in a similar state to pre-pallet buffs. People will still do it, but if you rely on it you'll probably get messed up.

• Michael_Myers
    Michael_Myers Member Posts: 104
    Options

I never loop. It's more fun to try and evade the killer, and it also takes more skill. I'm not about running in circles until the killer gets close, then drop the pallet, rinse and repeat. How is that fun for either side?

• Mc_Harty
    Options

@fml said:
    if yes i would like to know them as i said im not very good at this game so you can only help me

You can stealth as best as you can or complete the generators as fast as you can.

You could also use the pallets as chase breakers to make it easier for you to break line of sight and hide (though this is only recommended if you have perks that make it easier to hide, like Urban Evasion).

• weirdkid5
    Options

@Mc_Harty said:

@fml said:

You can stealth as best as you can or complete the generators as fast as you can.

You could also use the pallets as chase breakers to make it easier for you to break line of sight and hide (though this is only recommended if you have perks that make it easier to hide, like Urban Evasion).

Personally I would recommend, after breaking LoS, instead of hiding to keep moving and try using your 3rd person camera to your advantage to see which way the Killer moves, and react accordingly. It isn't too often you should hunch over in a corner and hide imo.

Also utilizing double window spawns for as long as possible whilst constantly breaking LoS is a good way to make the killer make some kind of mistake.

• fml
    edited May 2018
    Options
    @Mc_Harty but when im stealthy i dont get points for chase and sometimes points from saves because in my rank 14 killers are almost every time close to hooked survs
    and i cant rank be rank less than 10 easily because i dont have much time play and when im lucky and im lower rank then rank reset comes
  • weirdkid5
    Options

@fml said:
    @Mc_Harty but when im stealth i dont get points for chase and sometimes points from saves because in my rank 14 killers are almost every time close to hooked
    and idc about rank because i dont have much time play and when im rank 9 or less then rank reset comes

Keep in mind you gain points for Stealth the closer you are to the Killer, but honestly they need to be increased.

If the Killer is close to the hook, do not save. If the person goes down in less than 10 seconds, you can pretty much kiss your entire benevolence category goodbye. Run Borrowed Time to ensure you keep your points.

• Mc_Harty
    edited May 2018
    Options

@fml said:
    @Mc_Harty but when im stealth i dont get points for chase and sometimes points from saves because in my rank 14 killers are almost every time close to hooked
    and idc about rank because i dont have much time play and when im rank 9 or less then rank reset comes

Hey man, you asked for alternatives to pallet looping.

Shame that stealth doesn't reward you much Blood Points though.

• ThePloopz
    ThePloopz Member Posts: 1,010
    Options
    A lot of people don’t like looping which is understandable but sometimes stealth just isn’t an option. I mean just look at our man Herman Carter try playing stealthy around him when he’s going around shocking random areas then as soon as he is about to leave your survivor just has to scream.
  • Setsune
    Setsune Member Posts: 71
    Options

People that say that pallet looping is "ok" don't play Killer often.
    I just did 4 games in a row vs SWF 1 loops me all day the others rush gens, my eyes are bleeding.

I agree with most things said above, there has to be a change.

• ObscuredbyFog
    ObscuredbyFog Member Posts: 94
    Options

Even as a survivor main, pallet looping isnt ok. not for the entire match. Yes, it does take some skill, but the Killer is supposed to be OP. Chases lasting two minutes or more? Thats not right.

• AlexAnarchy
    AlexAnarchy Member Posts: 685
    Options

Wow, Kinda nice to see some people here who can actually be not toxic about the pallet looping issue and actually have conversations about it. This of course not including the ones making excuses to say stealth play does'nt work.

• Premetheuss
    Premetheuss Member Posts: 1
    Options

Looping IS fun.

• Shadoureon
    Shadoureon Member Posts: 493
    Options

@fml said:
    @Mc_Harty but when im stealthy i dont get points for chase and sometimes points from saves because in my rank 14 killers are almost every time close to hooked survs
    and i cant rank be rank less than 10 easily because i dont have much time play and when im lucky and im lower rank then rank reset comes

As a new player you shouldnt focus on ranking up. You only get to play against better killers with much better perks. Try to survive and gain blood points to get the perks you need before attempting a rank 1 score.

• Shadoureon
    Shadoureon Member Posts: 493
    Options

@Setsune said:
    I just did 4 games in a row vs SWF 1 loops me all day the others rush gens, my eyes are bleeding.

Looping isnt fun but as a survivor you want to live and that means not getting hit. So ofcourse people would tend to looping if that is what it takes to survive. Why purposely lower your chances of survival?

• ThePloopz
    Options
    That’s a good point that was brought up earlier. Why would I choose to play stealthy when I can just give myself up and loop for awhile so I can get evader points. It’s been argued that you should be in the killer terror radius and get points that way while being stealthy but the thing is good killers thoroughly check an area so I have to be pretty far away in order to not be found which is out of their terror radius. 
  • kimukipi
    kimukipi Member Posts: 137
    Options

Pallet looping is fine by me. Its the number of pallets in a game and how close they are spawned to each other is where the problem lies. Pallets and looping should be kinda a last second fighting chance for survivors in a chase and not something like "oh you broke this? lets move on to that pallet which is like 5 meters away.". In its current state, its basically a pallet breaking simulator for the killers which is totally not fun. Please remember, I'm not talking about skill level or countering pallet looping, its just that the number of pallets in some maps is really ridiculous and should be reworked. On a side note, really appreciate the upcoming vacuum changes. Finally.

• AsianMammoth
    AsianMammoth Member Posts: 84
    Options
    The problem is that there's about no way for killers to counter this if the survivor is just decent at looping
  • Azgard12
    Azgard12 Member Posts: 335
    Options

@fml
    I think the sentiment of a lot of people here is that while looping is an option you absolutely have at your disposal, it is a negative play experience and should probably be something that is de-incentivized. So, don't hate the player... hate the game. (Except I love the game.)

• Setsune
    edited May 2018
    Options

@Shadoureon said:

@Setsune said:

Looping isnt fun but as a survivor you want to live and that means not getting hit. So ofcourse people would tend to looping if that is what it takes to survive. Why purposely lower your chances of survival?

And face camping and tunnel vision increases your chance of killing. Why does the community hate it? Because its a cheap way of winning, abusing of what is somewhat mechanically "broken".

In theory what you said is right but in game its a different story.

Reach rank 1 Killer and play vs SWF, i promise you, your opinion will change. Its not about survival its abusing a mechanic that makes most killers a living joke, apart from Nurse and Huntress.

• Abyssionknight
    Abyssionknight Member Posts: 69
    edited May 2018
    Options

Personally I'd like it if they took some inspiration from Death Garden and added more hiding places for survivors. Whether it's tall grass, being able to crawl under things to hide from sight, or even add climbing in (which is something they originally considered but ultimately didn't add to the game).

If they buff your ability to hide from the killer, then they can nerf your ability to run away from the killer without the game becoming significantly more difficult for survivors.

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930
    Options

@Setsune said:

@Shadoureon said:

@Setsune said:

And face camping and tunnel vision increases your chance of killing. Why does the community hate it? Because its a cheap way of winning, abusing of what is somewhat mechanically "broken".

Reach rank 1 Killer and play vs SWF, i promise you, your opinion will change. Its not about survival its abusing a mechanic that makes most killers a living joke, apart from Nurse and Huntress.

Except face camping isn’t the only option...you could also search for kills. Thing with survivor chases is, if the killer is competent, or a anti stealth killer; YOU WILL NOT LOSE HIM. You can easily get kills without camping.

• Setsune
    Options

@Jack11803 said:

@Setsune said:

@Shadoureon said:

@Setsune said:

Except face camping isn’t the only option...you could also search for kills. Thing with survivor chases is, if the killer is competent, or a anti stealth killer; YOU WILL NOT LOSE HIM. You can easily get kills without camping.

And pallet looping isn't the only option aswell. Buddy, the killer IS supposed to get you eventually or else this game wouldn't make sense, that is why there are 4 survivors and multiple chances to be saved.

Either we aren't playing the same game or you never faced rank 1 survivors.

• AlexAnarchy
    Options

@Jack11803 said:

@Setsune said:

@Shadoureon said:

@Setsune said:

Pallet looping is not the only way to survive either and stealthplay is still very possible in this game as I and many others can do it just fine and win even against doctors. Problem is most survivors would rather make excuses to not do anything else than pallet loop.

• ThePloopz
    Options
    Setsune said:

@Shadoureon said:

@Setsune said:

Reach rank 1 Killer and play vs SWF, i promise you, your opinion will change. Its not about survival its abusing a mechanic that makes most killers a living joke, apart from Nurse and Huntress

So what else am I supposed to do if the killer finds me? Stand there and let them down me? I don’t understand your logic here because survivors only have looping as an option when their getting chased but killers have different options when it comes to killing people. 
  • AlexAnarchy
    Options

@ThePloopz said:
    Setsune said:

@Shadoureon said:

@Setsune said:

Reach rank 1 Killer and play vs SWF, i promise you, your opinion will change. Its not about survival its abusing a mechanic that makes most killers a living joke, apart from Nurse and Huntress

So what else am I supposed to do if the killer finds me? Stand there and let them down me? I don’t understand your logic here because survivors only have looping as an option when their getting chased but killers have different options when it comes to killing people. 

Ahhh yes, the usual memepost from survivors who think pallet looping is the only way to win , well I ask then, what are you gonna do with the vacuum fix coming soon and the already hinted at nerf to pallet looping in september?

• ThePloopz
    Options

@ThePloopz said:
    Setsune said:

@Shadoureon said:

@Setsune said:

Ahhh yes, the usual memepost from survivors who think pallet looping is the only way to win , well I ask then, what are you gonna do with the vacuum fix coming soon and the already hinted at nerf to pallet looping in september?

You do realize all that’ll change is when you throw the pallet down right? The god pallet in the shack is still going to be amazing just less amazing. And before you assume you know everything about every survivor just know I prefer to play steathy and have won many times doing that but as I said when I’m found an start getting chased what else am I supposed to do that is going to be effective answer me that question.I not scared of pallets getting nerfed at all btw
  • AlexAnarchy
    edited May 2018
    Options

You do realize all that’ll change is when you throw the pallet down right? The god pallet in the shack is still going to be amazing just less amazing. And before you assume you know everything about every survivor just know I prefer to play steathy and have won many times doing that but as I said when I’m found an start getting chased what else am I supposed to do that is going to be effective answer me that question.I not scared of pallets getting nerfed at all btw

Jukes, LOS and hide, use a pallet stun to hide, hell, hide at the killers feet when you turn a corner real fast, I and many others can do these things well by the fact we simply got gud, Pallet looping is not at all the only way to win and never will be and some of you state it will just lead to one less loop, well good, It still means you won't be cheating me out of a hit with teleportation anymore and that's what killers have had the biggest problem with it, Plus september will be here faster than we know it and we'll find out about the pallet looping nerf.

• AlexAnarchy
    edited May 2018
    Options

Los and hide, use a stun to get a corner real fast and crouch so the killer may run by you and lose you since they ca'nt easily see past ther stomachs, Just a few ideas.

Pallet looping won't be an issue for me at all after this patch cuz you won't be cheating me out of hits by teleportation anymore.

• ThePloopz
    edited May 2018
    Options
    @AlexAnarchy you say that like killers are stupid and will fall for that all the time. You know how many times hiding at their feet has worked out of all the times I’ve tried it? Twice just twice. So I stopped using that one. And those jukes and hiding you suggested try doing that against a doctor who loves to shock everywhere even if he doesn’t hit here comes the scream. Myers is tier 3 why would try to juke that? Just loop him until it’s over then I’ll try a juke.Survivors aren’t gonna be stupid and take unnecessary risks like that. Then there’s the killers who don’t break a pallet but then cry loop.If the killer decides to not break a pallet I don’t think survivors can be blamed for looping that pallet. Let’s be honest here if I’m a good looper and I don’t looper the killer I’m hurting my team rather than helping them because I’m not wasting the killers most valuable resource.
  • AlexAnarchy
    edited May 2018
    Options

@ThePloopz said:
    @AlexAnarchy you say that like killers are stupid and will fall for that all the time. You know how many times hiding at their feet has worked out of all the times I’ve tried it? Twice just twice. So I stopped using that one. And those jukes and hiding you suggested try doing that against a doctor who loves to shock everywhere even if he doesn’t hit here comes the scream. Myers is tier 3 why would try to juke that? Just loop him until it’s over then I’ll try a juke.Survivors aren’t gonna be stupid and take unnecessary risks like that. Then there’s the killers who don’t break a pallet but then cry loop.If the killer decides to not break a pallet I don’t think survivors can be blamed for looping that pallet. Let’s be honest here if I’m a good looper and I don’t looper the killer I’m hurting my team rather than helping them because I’m not wasting the killers most valuable resource.

See? Your just making every single same excuse any other pallet loop extremist does, For doctor, an easy way to stealth him is wait till he is chasing someone else, use this to get madness 1 already and then it's so flipping easy after by just using lockers when you need if he gets too close, as for myers 3, yeah, looping helps but you are in no way entitled to escape a tier 3 myers anyway, that's your fault he got there while chasing you.
    Pallet looping has nothing to do with pallets being down, Shame on anyone who even posting that as they do know better.

It's as I said, survivors would rather make excuses to use exploits or whatever they somehow thinks guarantees a win when I ask..how does not getting out of a chase guarantee you a win?

If you do it too me then I guarantee you I'll spend the whole round making sure your game is miserable, why? because I can as I am the host when killer and it's not against the rules for me to do it one game.

I and many others of my now friends in the community can win just fine playing stealth only and even pip, why ca'nt other survivors get skilled enough to do it?

Just too be sure as well, I'm not getting all over you personally, I just get tired of hearing the same excuses given every single time anyone says stealthplay exist just fine still.

But the fact of the matter is, just because something does'nt work 100% of the time does not mean it's bad, cuz once again,survivors are not entitled to win every single game, nor are killers entitled to even get 2 kills every single game.

• ThePloopz
    edited May 2018
    Options
    See I know the madness trick and the locker trick but good doctors at least in my experience check lockers so I don’t want to go in them because if they check it’s an instant down and I bought no time for the team. As for myers thing yea I’m not entitled to escape him but I definitely can escape him so why would I not escape him. I put the part about pallets being down because I have gotten hate mail from killers due to me Iooping a pallet they just refused to break so I wasn’t sure what killers counted as pallet looping. 
     Now to answer your question not getting out of a chase can get you win because its get you points so depending on when the chase started and how look at winning this gets you a win by pipping. Or it can get you the survival type win by allowing your team to get gens done and doors open you run towards the exit you’re gonna get shielded by your team unless the killer has a one shot ability of and if they don’t that’s an escape.
     And as a last thing just because someone pallet loops doesn’t mean they’re bad and doesn’t mean the person who plays stealthy is better than them. I know people who are really good but enjoy be chased so they pallet loop all their skill isn’t gone now because because they pallet loop. I’m not gonna lie pallet looping is pretty funny sometimes especially when there’s mind gaming going on. Oh I’m over here. oh nope now I’m over here.  Pekaboo myers
  • AlexAnarchy
    Options

@ThePloopz said:
    See I know the madness trick and the locker trick but good doctors at least in my experience check lockers so I don’t want to go in them because if they check it’s an instant down and I bought no time for the team. As for myers thing yea I’m not entitled to escape him but I definitely can escape him so why would I not escape him. I put the part about pallets being down because I have gotten hate mail from killers due to me Iooping a pallet they just refused to break so I wasn’t sure what killers counted as pallet looping. 
     Now to answer your question not getting out of a chase can get you win because its get you points so depending on when the chase started and how look at winning this gets you a win by pipping. Or it can get you the survival type win by allowing your team to get gens done and doors open you run towards the exit you’re gonna get shielded by your team unless the killer has a one shot ability of and if they don’t that’s an escape.
     And as a last thing just because someone pallet loops doesn’t mean they’re bad and doesn’t mean the person who plays stealthy is better than them. I know people who are really good but enjoy be chased so they pallet loop all their skill isn’t gone now because because they pallet loop. I’m not gonna lie pallet looping is pretty funny sometimes especially when there’s mind gaming going on.

Actually it does...as the game was originally designed and still sadly as much as it has gotten harder is still deisgned for stealth, the devs have made it clear they intend on getting the game back to short chases so saying pallet looping is gonna exist forever is not true obviously as it makes chases long and frustrating.
    We are already getting a fix to the vacuums which as you and other say will reduce a loop, already shorter chases obviously, and we already been told of a pallet looping nerf coming in september , so what will you and others do when pallet looping is turned into short chases?
    frankly i wish the devs would stop bandaid fixing and focus more on giving survivors more to do to help them feel less like pallet looping is the only win.

• ThePloopz
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Actually no it doesn’t mean you’re better if the best steath dbd player decides they want to pallet loop for a day that doesn’t all of a sudden make them worse than anyone else who plays steathy. They still have all the skills they just aren’t displaying them for that day or for however long they want to do this. It’d be crazyness to say otherwise.

And as I said before I’m not worried about what they do to pallet looping because it won’t affect me very much
  • AlexAnarchy
    edited May 2018
    Options

@ThePloopz said:
    Actually no it doesn’t mean you’re better if the best steath dbd player decides they want to pallet loop for a day that doesn’t all of a sudden make them worse than anyone else who plays steathy. They still have all the skills they just aren’t displaying them for that day or for however long they want to do this. It’d be crazyness to say otherwise.

And as I said before I’m not worried about what they do to pallet looping because it won’t affect me very much

Reality is, when someone chooses to take unintended gameplay mechanics over intended gameplays mechanics, that person has bought the wrong game.
    You would'nt play a tenchu game without being stealthy as those games are made to be played that way, You would'nt play team fortress two peacefully as it's not made that way.
    You would'nt play an actual horror game of today as not stealth because...they are'nt made that way and you'll die most of the time.

Does'nt really matter though anyway cuz even if pallet looping was removed like infinites were, it will just lead to survivors finding another thing to abuse and make meta.

Factoring point is, no one who plays this game can even remotely make a claim that they did not know this was going to be meant to be a stealth game for survivor play as the very idea and concept itself screams stealth out in your face.

• ThePloopz
    Options
    It doesn’t matter to me how the devs intended things to be played in any game really in fact in a lot of cases it’s good when players play differently than the intented way.In this case I think it’s good people didn’t play the intended way and found out about looping because now like you said they may give us something better that we possibly would’ve never have gotten.

I always looked at pallet looping as getting the most value from our pallets while also using up the killers time.  I think if they did give survivors something else they can nerf pallets so when a survivor sees a pallet they’re not like “ thank god there’s a pallet” and more like “oh there’s a pallet here I guess I’ll use this”
  • AlexAnarchy
    edited May 2018
    Options

@ThePloopz said:
    It doesn’t matter to me how the devs intended things to be played in any game really in fact in a lot of cases it’s good when players play differently than the intented way.In this case I think it’s good people didn’t play the intended way and found out about looping because now like you said they may give us something better that we possibly would’ve never have gotten.

I always looked at pallet looping as getting the most value from our pallets while also using up the killers time.  I think if they did give survivors something else they can nerf pallets so when a survivor sees a pallet they’re not like “ thank god there’s a pallet” and more like “oh there’s a pallet here I guess I’ll use this”

Your glad that survivors found a way to exploit hitboxes and make more than 3 killers pretty much unplayable?
    Your glad that an asymmetrical game is the exact opposite of what an asymmetrical game is supposed to be? I dare say i never heard of any online game where the smaller team is just there to be bullied and treated like ######### by the bigger team.

And the matter of fact it is, it's now having to be fixed...what amazes me though is the devs would rather apply a ton of bandaid fixes then just revert the part of the patch that made this issue, unless these devs are purposely trying to piss off an entire playerbase into eventually leaving the game and letting it die as soon as something better comes out.

Sure I agree that survivors need more to do and such but pallet looping is not good for the game. period.

Post edited by AlexAnarchy on
  • sorrowen
    sorrowen Member Posts: 742
    Options
    ThePloopz said:

This is exactly why I main nurse I don’t have time for loopers. Of course nurse has control over survivor movement the nurse is literally one of three viable killers and all should be viable. If all you can do is loop killers will start using nurse more.
  • MeowLux
    MeowLux Member Posts: 80
    Options

@sorrowen said:

This is exactly why I main nurse I don’t have time for loopers. Of course nurse has control over survivor movement the nurse is literally one of three viable killers and all should be viable. If all you can do is loop killers will start using nurse more.

When I started playing killer for the first time. I played Myers a lot because he was my first bought DLC. Then I moved onto Hag when she came out. Then my progress reset and I picked up Trapper and prestiged him to 3. After looping became a thing, I very quickly started playing Nurse a lot and now I basically only play Nurse. Because she is the only killer that can get kills like killers are supposed to. Nurse is probably the most balanced killer in the game.

I'm looking forward to the PTB tommorow. I'll be excited for survivors accidentaly dropping a pallet expecting to teleport to the other side, but actually just getting hit due to vaccums being gone. 8-)

• pauloandrade22
    pauloandrade22 Member Posts: 697
    Options

@AlexAnarchy said:

Los and hide, use a stun to get a corner real fast and crouch so the killer may run by you and lose you since they ca'nt easily see past ther stomachs, Just a few ideas.

Pallet looping won't be an issue for me at all after this patch cuz you won't be cheating me out of hits by teleportation anymore.

Well you try that versing me and i will say that unless im relly distracted or i have really bad fps you will probably be hit or il see you "trick" and still be in chase with you. thats why most people just continue fowards to go for the window.

• AlexAnarchy
    Options

When I started playing killer for the first time. I played Myers a lot because he was my first bought DLC. Then I moved onto Hag when she came out. Then my progress reset and I picked up Trapper and prestiged him to 3. After looping became a thing, I very quickly started playing Nurse a lot and now I basically only play Nurse. Because she is the only killer that can get kills like killers are supposed to. Nurse is probably the most balanced killer in the game.

I'm looking forward to the PTB tommorow. I'll be excited for survivors accidentaly dropping a pallet expecting to teleport to the other side, but actually just getting hit due to vaccums being gone. 8-)

Me too but I really hope the devs are already expecting survivors mains to ball and whine about how they cant survive anymore without ther teleportation powers.

• AlexAnarchy
    Options

Well you try that versing me and i will say that unless im relly distracted or i have really bad fps you will probably be hit or il see you "trick" and still be in chase with you. thats why most people just continue fowards to go for the window.

which is what would seperate high skilled killers against survivors, but perhaps we could fix matchmaking while we are at it?

• ThePloopz
    edited May 2018
    Options

@ThePloopz said:

Your glad that survivors found a way to exploit hitboxes and make more than 3 killers pretty much unplayable?
    Your glad that an asymmetrical game is the exact opposite of what an asymmetrical game is supposed to be? I dare say i never heard of any online game where the smaller team is just there to be bullied and treated like ######### by the bigger team.

And the matter of fact it is, it's now having to be fixed...what amazes me though is the devs would rather apply a ton of bandaid fixes then just revert the part of the patch that made this issue, unless these devs are purposely trying to piss off an entire playerbase into eventually leaving the game and letting it die as soon as something better comes out.

Sure I agree that survivors need more to do and such but pallet looping is not good for the game. period.

You’ve clearly never heard of the saying “it’s a blessing in disguise” before and are instead focused on how pissed looping makes you. If people actually read what I said they’ll realize how things like this has helped other games but people just read what they want to read I guess.
  • Jack11803
    Options

@AlexAnarchy said:

@ThePloopz said:

1) That’s an opinion, not that I disagree with it, but it shows your ideals are demand. That’s not a good thing.

2) You did not read what he said at all. From what you responded with, it seemed like you read “I’m glad pallet looping was added, it’s the best lolololol”

4) It actually said “pallet looping was a blessing in desguise, in that now the developers know about it, balance can be changed, and chases may finally be reworked to get rid of looping, and end chases faster with more escape in a single chase possible.”

5) People don’t care that you think pallet looping is bad, they’ll still do it because it’s optimal, reason people complain about face camping, is because it’s usually not, only at exit gates, the same period of time looping isn’t optimal.

6) People aren’t even talking about whether you should stealth or loop, they’re talking about what you should do once you’re IN a chase. The whole problem is how little LOS breakers their are, making it almost impossible.

• ThePloopz
    Options
    Jack11803 said:

@AlexAnarchy said:

@ThePloopz said:

1) That’s an opinion, not that I disagree with it, but it shows your ideals are demand. That’s not a good thing.

2) You did not read what he said at all. From what you responded with, it seemed like you read “I’m glad pallet looping was added, it’s the best lolololol”

4) It actually said “pallet looping was a blessing in desguise, in that now the developers know about it, balance can be changed, and chases may finally be reworked to get rid of looping, and end chases faster with more escape in a single chase possible.”

5) People don’t care that you think pallet looping is bad, they’ll still do it because it’s optimal, reason people complain about face camping, is because it’s usually not, only at exit gates, the same period of time looping isn’t optimal.

6) People aren’t even talking about whether you should stealth or loop, they’re talking about what you should do once you’re IN a chase. The whole problem is how little LOS breakers their are, making it almost impossible.

I appreciate you taking the time to read all of what I said and not trying to change it’s meaning.
  • Jack11803
    Options

@Setsune said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Setsune said:

@Shadoureon said:

@Setsune said:

And pallet looping isn't the only option aswell. Buddy, the killer IS supposed to get you eventually or else this game wouldn't make sense, that is why there are 4 survivors and multiple chances to be saved.

Never said it was the only option.

Killer should not have 100% chance to catch you if they are of equal skill, they should only catch you easily if they are better, otherwise it should be 50/50.

As it stands, survivors can waste too much time, but shouldn’t be able to. But they have to little chances to escape with bloodlust, no LOS breakers and all, and they need more of those.

All in all, survivors needs more chances to escape a chase, but much less ability to waste time.

Also,I main doctor at rank 1, my opinion hasn’t changed, and never will. You seem to think I said pallet looping is a good thing, it isn’t. It’s just currently optimal, and breaking chase is near impossible.

Having a differential on 1 stillallows the other to be used 1/0. However, using a inferior tactic that’s also near impossible due to no in game support in map structure, that only supports looping, it’s a differential of 2, so 1/-1.

I’d still try to break chase even if it was worse than loops, problem is I literally can’t.

• AlexAnarchy
    Options

@Jack11803 said:

@Setsune said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Setsune said:

@Shadoureon said:

@Setsune said:

Never said it was the only option.

Killer should not have 100% chance to catch you if they are of equal skill, they should only catch you easily if they are better, otherwise it should be 50/50.

As it stands, survivors can waste too much time, but shouldn’t be able to. But they have to little chances to escape with bloodlust, no LOS breakers and all, and they need more of those.

All in all, survivors needs more chances to escape a chase, but much less ability to waste time.

Also,I main doctor at rank 1, my opinion hasn’t changed, and never will. You seem to think I said pallet looping is a good thing, it isn’t. It’s just currently optimal, and breaking chase is near impossible.

Having a differential on 1 stillallows the other to be used 1/0. However, using a inferior tactic that’s also near impossible due to no in game support in map structure, that only supports looping, it’s a differential of 2, so 1/-1.

I’d still try to break chase even if it was worse than loops, problem is I literally can’t.

Why is it that survivor mains have this belief they should always be equally as strong as the killer when there are 4 of them and 1 killer?

• AlexAnarchy
    edited May 2018
    Options

Simple fix.
    revert the patch that created pallet looping, pallet looping fixed and short chases restored easy.
    No need for several bandaid fixes that don't really fix anything.