Spirit should be nerfed .

Options

Title says it . She is the most annoying killer to go against , even prenerfed legion was way better than Rin right now , not to mention her broken addon (prayer beads)

ยซ1345

Comments

• SeducedByDaemonette
    SeducedByDaemonette Member Posts: 300
    Options

Just because killers couldn't handle infinites , doesn't mean they should've been nerfed . The same logic . Red rank spirits don't fall for mindgames

• Paladin_Goo
    Paladin_Goo Member Posts: 287
    Options

I mean, largely I think spirit is fine. Except for prayer beads. That's bullshit.

But your statement..let me show you how stupid that sounds:

"Just because killers couldn't handle infinites does mean they should be nerfed" (as the other guy said, and they were nerfed)

"Just because killers couldn't handle pallet loops doesn't mean they should be nerfed" (they are getting nerfed)

"Just because killers couldn't handle self care, exhaustion perks etc etc etc doesn't mean they should be nerfed"

Those all sound equally as stupid as your original statement. Killers cry for nerfs more than anyone; and when things get nerfed, they want it nerfed even more.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807
    Options

You forgot to mention that bringing up perks is a terrible counter argument

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    Options

Letโ€™s do something more reasonable here.

โ€Just because you couldnโ€™t deal with old DS doesnโ€™t mean it needed a nerf.โ€

โ€œEnduring a clown countered it.โ€

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    Options

@StarMoral the point is that you canโ€™t just say run X perk just Incase Y happens.

• PoisonN
    PoisonN Member Posts: 624
    edited June 2019
    Options

Ok, too much people @

The reason why Spirit is ballanced is because she is a slow killer and her power is not easy to master, even with the most "broke" add ons. You need to listen and predict survivor moviments (with 0 visual contact, imagine how easy it is lol). A good survivor will try to confuse Spirit with his own scracth marks, Iron Will and Spine Chill to stay alert when she's phasing. How I am stupid for saying that she has her own failures and they are based on in perks? I can't teach you abilities but these perks are actually good against her. Even the devs agree. I know how survivors bubble are, some of y'all can't live with the same basic build: DS, BT, MOM, Adrenaline and all but well ... Everything has a price. Do I see Hag mains complaining about survivors using Urban Evasion?

2 The whole thing with maps being nerfed ... well, that's nothing to do with this conversation but looks fair to me. You can not really do anything with mid killers in some maps because they do not have good control. Not everyone is a Nurse / Billy / Spirit fan. Oh, and that's a topic with mains survivors crying over the most balanced killer in this game. Who's crying? Not me. You guys are a joke.

Post edited by PoisonN on
  • Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,503
    Options

The only thing that might need a change for Spirit is the rarity of Prayer Beads. It would be completely fine to swap it with Fathers Glasses so it is a pink Add-On.

Other than that, Spirit is fine. You get destroyed by Iron Will, had one game yesterday where 3 out of 4 Survivors had Iron Will, and I was not able to track them. So if you struggle vs Spirit, try to use Iron Will, it is a really good Perk anyway.

• paint1210
    paint1210 Member Posts: 95
    Options

It already be nerf in ptb. When you using her power or valut window, you original body shows not red stain.

• WildDovami
    WildDovami Member Posts: 56
    Options

Spirit is pretty easy. Just run Premonition and she will never get you.

I'd like to see Hillbilly/Cannibal get some kind of cool down for the chainsaw. It just gets spammed.

• Tru3Lemon
    Tru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,358
    Options

youre going to far mate buff she dosent need shes a ok killer

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873
    Options
  • thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    Options

LOL no.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    edited June 2019
    Options

@Poweas I do agree theres some loops that do consist of mind games but in the current state some maps like farm and to this day blood lodge I can run a doc, wraith a trapper from pallet to pallet and just run around the trucks or trailers and theres no mind gaming those because I can see em..... so what are they are going to do? There forced to bloodlust me and 9x put of 10 I'll pull the pallet down......... this is something they're wanting to adjust anyways but when I go against rin I feel unsafe and I cant just run from loop to loop which I love about Rin...

• miaasma
    miaasma Member Posts: 911
    Options

spirit has nothing to do with mindgames

we covered this in another thread

spirit is bad for the game

• Poweas
    Options

@miaasma she's not bad for the game. We both know that. I have a feeling you got dominated by them so you say this about her. Since I don't think you'd call her easy if you played her at the top of ranks.

• miaasma
    Options

running a perk is not counterplay

people should not have to run a perk in order to outplay a killer

if a killer has no in-game counterplay, there's an issue, and that perfectly describes spirit

unfortunately, spirit mains are just about as bad as nurse mains in that they've convinced themselves their killer is fair no matter what you tell them, so these topics never go anywhere

• miaasma
    edited June 2019
    Options

i was rank 4 when i last played spirit and it was easy. you can continue to just invent things to make my posts invalid if you want but none of it is based on anything

survivors have no input in interactions with a spirit, all that matters is whether or not the spirit screws up. survivors just have to hope she's bad. that's awful design

if a survivor knew when she was using her power, the playing field would be balanced. you still wouldn't know where she was coming from but you could at least attempt to outplay her. as it currently stands you don't even know when she's using her power so all you can do is guess

spirit doesn't have to guess because she gets tells for where survivors are in the form of scratch marks and sounds. she can also just stand still and then use her power in response to what she sees the survivor do before activating it. even worse, she can accidentally bump into the survivor mid-phase because she gets collision while phasing for some stupid reason, giving her another free tell

people have convinced themselves that this constitutes a "mindgame" but you can't mindgame someone if they have no opportunity to react to anything. it's a guessing game and it's boring and the worst killer players find success with it

• miaasma
    Options

"she has counterplay, just outplay her" wow, such in-depth and descriptive stratagems

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144
    edited June 2019
    Options

I would hate to see you get caught in a corner against Sub Zero in MK11.

Btw, if you are feeling this way about her, she's already won the mindgame before you even started. You already lost by assuming she's unbeatable

• miaasma
    edited June 2019
    Options

these responses are great

nothing substantive at all about what counterplay spirit has (because she has none), just quips about mindgames or whatever

i still win against most spirits because most spirits are bad at the game

it doesn't mean i did anything special to outplay them, it just means they screwed up. that is the whole point. "just hope she screws up" is how you play against spirit. how people think this is good design is hysterical to me. i guess they just like playing spirit and winning with the minimum possible effort

• miaasma
    edited June 2019
    Options

yes how awful that i want to actually have input in my interactions with a killer, how very entitled

i didn't really expect anything else when i posted in this thread but it's stuff that needs to be said regardless of the swaths of killer mains/spirit enthusiasts rushing to the defense of their beloved free win killer, just half baked responses and downvotes

there are people who think 3 blink nurse is also fair and balanced, food for thought

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897
    Options

Spirit is fine. I personally find her annoying to play against, but that doesn't mean she needs a nerf.

• Poweas
    edited June 2019
    Options

@miaasma I'm sorry if it seems like I 'invent' things. I just have a lot of theories, because it feels so strange (to me) how you find Spirit a low skill killer. But to be completely fair, I consider Nurse low skill myself because I, like you, found her effortless.

You might literally be too good, or you faced bad teams. It's tough to tell. But looking at your rank, which is the same as mine, and I face SWF galore, I think you might just be good naturally. Like me and Nurse.

Even if that is the case, some of your points are still incorrect.

if a survivor knew when she was using her power, the playing field would be balanced. you still wouldn't know where she was coming from but you could at least attempt to outplay her. as it currently stands you don't even know when she's using her power so all you can do is guess

See, the playing field would NOT be balanced. Survivors would just vault over the pallets, or walk off with Iron will which ruins the sense of predicting and skill behind it. It'd pretty much kill Spirit.