They pass 3 years and nothing is done about Nurse, fine...

Comments

• Jago
    Jago Member Posts: 1,742

No one cares mate do your thing, if you're having fun thats fine, thats the purpose of a video game isnt it :))

Nurse is fine

• fluffymareep
    fluffymareep Member Posts: 634

Anyone who's being honest with themselves knows the nurse needs a rework or a nerf. Ideally if everyone was mid-tiered, everyone could get a buff so that they'd be A tiered. That way you were playing your favorites rather than someone you had to to be competitive.

• noneofyourbusiness
    noneofyourbusiness Member Posts: 532

Agree. I know that you can hate someone because someone once did something to you, and so on, that you feel bad with it, because someone abused things that are in the game to their advantage, but using something that ignores absolutely everything and does not require huge skill with, because of the fact that surviovors are limited, it is not something that should please you, unless you are a sadist.

• Dr_Trauts
    Dr_Trauts Member Posts: 704

I think at this point arguing with you is a lost cause. Nurse isn't OP at all, granted some of her addons are and need to be reworked which the devs have already stated they're doing, but as a base kit shes fine.

• noneofyourbusiness

You must know, if someone talking about character, he talk about her full potential, but i agree, like before i said addons make her divine being, this needs to be changed.

• lostkq
    lostkq Member Posts: 162

I agree, considering you need no addons no perks no nothing to make her viable you just have to learn her blinks which takes time at first but then its no counter But hey bro, ill give it to you straight Every time a survivor makes a post killers FLOOD it with hate so the devs dont notice it so dont take it to heart

• Kenshin
    Kenshin Member Posts: 912

you must have a really sad life if you have nothing better to do :/ and its even more sad that you think that this would change something. let me know if you need someone to talk i will be there.

• PeepingPeacock
    PeepingPeacock Member Posts: 354

Cool story bro

• noneofyourbusiness
    edited July 2019

Cool story bro, even when i play against 4 man SWF with old MoM result of match is still the same, but keep going mate

• noneofyourbusiness

As I said earlier, just close this topic, it does not make sense,

• Haraak
    Haraak Member Posts: 119

They took a year to rework Freddie so...

• noneofyourbusiness

Nurse is imo first DLC killer from 18 August 16 so idk

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

Nurse is good. Why would you want to change something that's good?

• noneofyourbusiness

Yes you're right, she's good. Let's not change it. There's no reason to change her. Perfectly balanced, as all things should be. If someone don't think that way, he should just GIT GUD.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

No mither, Iron will, DH, Spine chill

The anti-slugging anti-nurse build

Can't slug me because No mither

Can't hear me because iron will

Can't surprise me because spine chill

Can't corner me because dead hard.

• NuclearBurrito

Alternatively replace no mither with Urban Evasion and try to never get hit.

• noneofyourbusiness

I don't understand something, i did not play survivor so why you tell this in this post?

• NuclearBurrito

Poe's Law

I'm not serious abut the Urban Evasion thing. The joke is that Urban Evasion was added specifically to "hard counter" the Nurse.

We all know how well that worked.

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293

Don't remind me of old Urban... I still have nightmares about how bad it was.

• NuclearBurrito

I'm not all that serious about the no mither thing either. The rest of the build is fine though.

In all seriousness, Adrenaline/DS + Iron Will + DH + Spine chill is probably the best build against the top tier Killers

• NuclearBurrito

Doesn't counter slugging though. So reeeeeeee no mither.

• NuclearBurrito

I didn't play back then. But OG Nurse sounds insane.

3 blinks and 115% like damn.

• Mc_Harty
    edited July 2019

Yep. Even though I didn't play much killer back then, I could tell she was going to be nerfed soon after playing her from her dlc release.

3 blinks, with a possible maximum of 7 with normal movement speed? It was a fat joke at the time.

• ASpazNamedSteve
    ASpazNamedSteve Member Posts: 1,784

Wasn't 115%, I can't quite remember how fast she was.

It was insane, but at the same time it was early days for the Nurse so everyone mostly sucked as her too :P

• Mc_Harty
  • ASpazNamedSteve
    ASpazNamedSteve Member Posts: 1,784

Naw she was slower, but like... still much too fast for what her ability is.

• NuclearBurrito

Whatever. Faster than Survivors.

• noneofyourbusiness

When devs test her she has 115% but this never touch public server, in public she has 102% and after month they reduce her MS to 96,25%.

• tehshadowman33
    tehshadowman33 Member Posts: 939
    edited July 2019

The strongest of killers requires the strongest of wills.

:P

• tehshadowman33
    tehshadowman33 Member Posts: 939

YES!!!

Iron Will is vastly underrated.

Sure, it's useless against Doctor, but against Spirit/Nurse/Hillbilly it's AMAZING. <3

• NuclearBurrito

Yup. I only don't use it because I haven't finished techning stuff. I just finished meg and I'm doing david next cuz I need dead hard.

And THEN I'll work towards getting iron will and have my perfect anti-top tier build!

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

Iron will is useless against Spirits who hear normal breathing and footsteps.

• noneofyourbusiness

Normal breathing is imo hard to hear, but hearing footsteps lul i can do this with headset for 5 bucks

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

Whenever my $5 earbuds worked I could hear everything, Iron Will didn’t help the survivors.

• DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230
    edited July 2019

Let me just clarify this: Nurse. Never. Ever. Moved. At. 115 %.

I don't get where you people keep coming up with that. She was never a 115 % Killer. She moved slower than old Tier I Myers before she was nerfed to move at her current speed, meaning she used to move at somewhere in-between 4.0 and 4.14 m/s. 115 % would be 4.6 m/s. Original Nurses didn't glide after Survivors if they couldn't hit ######### like some seem to claim, she would never catch up with the infinites of those days.

• Justice
    Justice Member Posts: 60

OP has obviously been torched by too many Nurse's.

Breaking news: Not everyone is good at Nurse

Also teams have to adjust their play style around Nurse. Too many Survs do the same thing every single match against all Killers. They run around like idiots, get found, run from loop to loop, get downed after a gen or two pop, and rinse and repeat.

Nurse counters looping, so what is she weak at? Tracking. Someone mentioned how there are a bunch of tracking perks to assist in this which is true, except no Nurse would ever use them because she doesn't have to becasue of the way Survs play. Here's a strategy against a Nurse good or bad:

1. Don't work on a gen right away. Wait til she checks it and blinks away
    2. Play stealthy and if she is heading your way after you've touched a gen you HAVE to get away from the area and not come back until later. Spine chill/ Premonition are vital. You have to predict when she will be coming your way
    3. If she sees you, you have to find a way to LOS as best as possible. Quick and quiet for LOS locker plays stall Nurses
    4. After she downs someone you have to counter BBQ because most Nurses will have it
    5. If in a chase without any LOS possible just get her away from your team to give them time to complete some gens because it is only a matter of time
    6. Run DH to extend chases

Nurse has a high kill rate because Survivors bring the same perks and play the same way against her that they do every other Killer, but she is different from every other Killer and you HAVE to adapt or you'll die. Which is how it should be.

I happen to be a very good Nurses (for Xbox standards) and I had a 3k the other day that I had to bust my ass for because the survivors just did well in hiding, staying away from me, and when I did chase they LOS well and ran me opposite of the other Survs. Honestly I should've only had one but two survs got cocky and Blood Warden saved me. It can be done.

But too many people think playing stealthy is "boring" even though it's a huge mechanic of the game and encouraged. IMO a good anti-nurse build is:

1. Spine Chill/ Premonition for early hiding
    2. Quick and quiet for LOS jukes. Maybe Distortion here for BBQ counter
    3. Urban evasion for maneuvering
    4. Dead hard for extending chases

The one thing that I agree needs changing is Nurse's add ons. They are way too overpowered and need bigger drawbacks. The omega blinks for instance just need to actually do what they say they do which is decrease accuracy. Maybe even cause more addons to remove a blink so blink adding add ons HAVE to be used in conjunction with a positive add on and a 3 blink nurse is never possible again.

• Financial_Stability
    Financial_Stability Member Posts: 466

You gotta remember her blinks were janky af. It had so many dead zones, as well as little ability to blink on the vertical. Also blinking a short distance by looking down wasn't a thing.

• Mc_Harty

So what? That didn't impact her at all most of the time.

• toxicmegg
    toxicmegg Member Posts: 662

nurse just needs a nerf, and that's a fact.

• DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230

Opinions are never facts, no matter how much you insist they are.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited July 2019

I don't know if the Nurse is "overpowered" per say. But I do think that there is a power disparity between her and some of the other Killers. Once you reach the Red Ranks, her, Spirit, and Hillbilly are all you'll really see consistently and its no coincidence. All three of them have powers that let you close large amounts of space relatively unchallenged while also ending chases quickly.

• ThirdSealOPplzNerf
    ThirdSealOPplzNerf Member Posts: 360

Omg! I can't loop a killer that plays completly differently! Please nerf waaa! Seriosly this is embarrassing if a nurse if high skilled and you play like you're looping a normal killer your deserve to die. If you play more smarter and be more stealthy and mindgame the nurse and be unpredictable you can escape and stall better but no survivors want it their way was always. And after she's nerfed from all this whining they'll turn to spirit and be like omg! Spirit every game please nerf! And then after that Billy...

• noneofyourbusiness
  • Odimm
    Odimm Member Posts: 33

Nurse is broken beyond repair. Anyone claiming otherwise just didn't face enough "good" nurses. Also I like your idea here OP - although your plan won't have the desired effect because complains on the forums are simply not enough to cause a reaction from the devs. (Look at what's going on with Legion right now, reached 300 on the popular tags)

This is even worse because other killers, again - like Legion, get destroyed for reasons like "his vault mechanic negates survivors escape tools" and "no counterplay" etc. Yeah because nurse doesn't counter ALL survivor tools and has counterplay right?

"bUt YoU cAN jUKe hEr" - yeah good luck with that. Also 5-blink.

• noneofyourbusiness

Like I said before, addons make her divine being, and I have hope they're gonna be changed, but even addonless Nurse is ridicolously powerfull bc overall maps for her're very friendly. All MacMilian maps, Autohaven, Asylum is also nice(only on her map, main building can be hard for weak/average Nurse), Red Forest too, not mention Gideon or Ormond after fixing aura bug. Hardest map is ofc Lery's, this is real test for Nurse's how good you really are. Bullying survivor on Gideon with Ruin, BBQ, Sloppy ect. can everyone with +/- 150hrs on her even if this survivors have +5k hrs. This is not art. But try playing 2 blink on Lery's against smart survivors. I mean even if nerf her, still on maps like I said before is not too much LOS breaking objects, if every map has THAT much LOS breakers, the Nurse was not the problem.

• quebecgamerz
    quebecgamerz Member Posts: 6

Nurse main here since 2 weeks.

Before I played the doc but I got tired because I find it really too slow.

After I was Legion main but I also got tired of always going through my games to run after the survivors and only the injured

After I was Spirit Main but i love the spirit finally i can mind game the survivors. She's the one who made me want to learn how to play the nurse.

And now that I'm Nurse when the survivors are in front of me I feel that he feels helpless .. they can not loop me .. and as killer believe me it's really fun like feeling. The nurse really asks for a lot of time and patience to become good with her. And by no means do I find that she needs a nerf. The game needs more killer that are powerful! I do not always make perfect games with her but yes in my opinion it's the strongest because the survivors are in a different situation than usual always loop etc..