It is over, survivors won... GG

Options
DBDbuildsYT
DBDbuildsYT Member Posts: 1,042

It finally happened, nurse will be nerfed and survivors are rejoicing. They won once again

And I need to say I can only give them props, they won one more time.

Following the massive lobbying against Legion following the formula: DC, posts and videos asking for a nerf. Survivors found how to win and nerf anything that annoys them, meaning goes against looping.

Legion created a precedent and now they know what to do, nurse is next then spirit will follow, they are already starting.

Dear killers, we lost and lost badly.

RIP Sally :(

Comments

• BeanieBoyBob
    BeanieBoyBob Member Posts: 354
    Options

Get ready to bring out the builds that Survivors consider "unfun". Impossible Skill Checks Doc is my favourite (as I have stated a few times), and is extremely fun to play against Survivors (especially Toxic or SWF players). Silent protesting by playing the game. 😎

• BeanieBoyBob
    BeanieBoyBob Member Posts: 354
    Options

They are 'slightly' touching her base kit actually. @Peanits confirmed as much in the thread posted earlier.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    Options

Billy, spirit, hag, huntress and Nurse will still be viable.

• Guertena
    Guertena Member Posts: 392
    Options

thank god

• GrootDude
    Options

Huntress is good if the player knows what they’re doing, sadly I’m not that player. :P

• Angelicus23
    Angelicus23 Member Posts: 2,547
    Options

"they won one more time"

well after three years of "please nerf ds" we got it, and with only two months MoM got impossible to use and worthless, and if it wasn't enough it got more nerfed from the ptb.

Both sides have their bad things

• DBDbuildsYT
    Options

you are right, although i don't think a good huntress can match a good nurse or spirit, especially in some maps.

• JESUS_CHRIST
    JESUS_CHRIST Member Posts: 313
    Options

We'll have to wait and see what happens but most killer mains agreed with her addons being OP too. Freddy got nerfed initially because an outcry of ...crying came in right after he was released, before anyone could have possibly taken the time to learn how to play against him. That was a bad call imo but a nerf isn always a bad call. Base Nurse seems fair to me so as long as that stays the same and only the addons go bye bye I can't really call foul.

• GrootDude
    Options

I agree, she doesn’t match hag or billy either imo.

• DBDbuildsYT
    Options

I am giving survivors props not complaining, they know what to do to get their agenda served. GG

• tehshadowman33
    tehshadowman33 Member Posts: 939
    edited July 2019
    Options

I really don't know why they are even touching her base kit.

With BHVR's track record, you just know they are going to ######### this up.

Her base kit is fine for the record.

Her addons are what make her go from very strong to incredibly overpowered.

If they increase her fatigue time, decrease her charge speed, or decrease the maximum blink range on any of her secondary blinks she's going to just get steamrolled on large maps against good teams of survivors.

Like, she just won't have nearly as much map presence, and you're going to see nothing but Hillbilly and Spirit every goddamn match.

• DBDbuildsYT
    Options

Yeah it's gg for me, I tried my best to get strong killers but I failed.

Respect for the winning side

• xmenfanatic
    xmenfanatic Member Posts: 816
    Options

It's because she was built for an earlier version of the game when a bunch of perks didn't exist, and other perks functioned differently. They will both weaken as well as strengthen different things about her so she is more balanced. Probably to make it so she doesn't suck if you're bad with her, but she isn't indomitable if you're talented.

Still strong, but not super weak in the beginning.

I am a little worried they might get it wrong, but I believe she needs a little bit of tweaking.

• fly_172
    fly_172 Member Posts: 78
    Options

I’m gonna try and bridge the gap here. Keep the skepticism, but don’t assume the worst. They said they’d focus on the add-ons, but the fact that they mentioned her base kit does leave me a little concerned. Ultimately, don’t assume the worst, but if it is unreasonable then try your best to change it.

• tehshadowman33
    Options

Pretty much, yeah. It almost feels like they are taking design advice from whoever's running the show for Death Garden now. Which has hemorrhaged players nonstop with no end in sight.

• ArecBalrin
    ArecBalrin Member Posts: 636
    Options

Who the hell expressly and notable asked for the specific change that was made to MoM?

Who expressly and notably asked for the specific change that was made to DS?

This is the thing: the survivors lobby for specific changes and more often than not, they get exactly what they asked for. The devs alone decided on what changes happened to MoM and DS, certainly not taking killers views into account, only survivors. It's weird that instead of a straight nerf, it was re-designed to influence killers behaviour, not survivors. There is every chance that MoM might re-emerge as a strong perk when someone discovers a good use of it, it just won't be quick because surviors react in knee-jerks and just dropped it when it was changed.

When killers think something needs nerfing, there are discussions but no consensus on what the change should be forms, because we tend to be focused on holistic concerns about the state of the entire game, which don't cough up easy answers. The devs don't engage either, so we're not prompted to discuss in terms of what can be delivered and on what time-scale. If the devs don't engage in this kind of discussion, eventually it will be lost and killers will become exactly like survivor-mains.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,605
    Options

I don't think he defended old Legion, I think he was using it as an example of how the devs can really...over nerf things.

• Omans
    Omans Member Posts: 1,081
    Options

Is that a bad precedent? Fixing things badly broken and things that remove skill from the game? Legion was a cancer to this game, and nurse is a plague at high ranks.

Stop acting like the sky is falling or that this will snowball into nerfs for other killers too. If they do a good job with nurse, and actually give counterplay against good nurses, then next on the agenda should be a HUGE map overhaul. Maps are becoming increasingly larger and harder to keep pressure around the map for killers. Once that is done, balance can be looked at further for killers and survivors.

Of course, there are things like prayer beads, insta-down hatchets, insta-heals, moris, that need to be looked at.

The main goal should be a game where survivors have as equal a chance at escaping as killers do at killing them. That's something that all these nurse mains crying on the forums don't seem to realize. A good nurse who doesn't want you to escape effectively removes any chance of that. That's not a fun or fair game experience. Counterplay is basically non-existent against good nurses. That's why legion was changed, and that's why nurse is being looked at now.

It's been a long time coming, and nurse mains who can't keep up will finally fall down to the ranks they belong in. It had become tiring facing nurses who didn't belong there. And believe it or not, if you are actually a good killer, staying at rank 1 with every killer is not difficult.

• tehshadowman33
    Options

MoM is in a bad spot, I agree.

But because protection hits are getting patched and expanded upon in a coming patch, I expect to see more people run MOM again.

It will still be a risky perk to use though. Not as bad if you have instaheals though.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,791
    Options

Holy overreaction, Batman.

• ArecBalrin
    Options

Because if someone is against something, that means they must be in favour of the exact opposite, of course.

• Talmeer
    Talmeer Member Posts: 1,520
    Options

1- Stop using real life illnesses in this context PLOX.

2-The default pre patch Legion without addons was weak and whoever had problems with her... Serious... read, or watch some tuotrials. That's why tutorials exist. That would also show skill (you know, that one word what survivors love to say towards others... as long as they are not in the ironsight...).

On the other hand, the Legion with certain addons was to strong. Usually you would think, that this leads primaly to addon nerfs (or just removing them), but no, no... They doesn't have stop there.

3-Would I be a nurse main, I would be worried now too. Even not just because the Legion patch, also because the pig nerfs and I know, that the devs have tell us, that this all will take a good end, but before I not see in the patch notes something good, I am not persuaded. Imo, maybe the nurse get some good changes... But with the history bhvr has, it shouldn't be surprising that some guys are worried.

• GrootDude
    Options
  • Redcum
    Redcum Member Posts: 261
    Options

Survivors definitely need tweaking but so does Nurse. I just want her fatigue time to be longer and maybe her movement speed when charging her power to be slower.

• Avilgus
    Avilgus Member Posts: 1,261
    Options

Personally I 'm with nerfing Nurse and up/rework the other killers like Bubba, Trapper, Pig, Doctor ... That way we will have more variety at high rank.

• ArecBalrin
    Options

This is true, just as long as words don't mean anything.

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145
    Options

Time to pull out Impossible Piggy and Iri head huntress.

• DBDbuildsYT
    Options

There's no sarcasm, really.

Just a bit if bitterness when I realised that survivors have found a way to direct the game to their advantage and they did so very successfully.

I recognise when I lose

• Talmeer
    Talmeer Member Posts: 1,520
    Options

Survivors had in the past also the abilities to exploit (btw. is that latest survivor perk fixed? Just asking because i'm curious).

Does that mean survivors should be now reworked?

Maybe, -20% speed and a stun after every window vault?

No?

Yes, you are right. A few idiots have exploit, but that doesn't justify a nerf that has punish every player, even the fair playing ones.

So please stop using double standards.

Btw. when I say default Legion, I mean a not exploiting, no addons using Legion.

• Laakeri
    Laakeri Member Posts: 835
    Options

Forums will go wild if all mediocore Nurses switch to Spirit as its much easier to be good Spirit than Nurse.

• DBDbuildsYT
    Options

If this was true I would agree, I only play nurse with pocket watch and white knit comb but they said mainly rework add ons, which means they will touch her base, and this is scary

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,226
    Options

Nurse charges her first blink at ~72% and chain blinks at 29 (fatigue is 24%)

(Huntress/Doc move at 77% while charging.)

Nurse already is the slowest killer while walking or charging her ability.