Feedback | Dedicated servers live test

Options

Comments

• N0T0Ri0US
    N0T0Ri0US Member Posts: 59
    Options

It was great. The Dedicated Servers drastically improved my ping from 280s to 130s and the best part is that it was consistent so I never had to leave a lobby and find a new one. Matchmaking was way faster than before, I didn't feel anything wrong with hits ( maybe because I am used to bad hits at red ping ) and everything was great.

• RabbitsFoot
    RabbitsFoot Member Posts: 1
    Options

The game is working so much better with these dedicated servers.

Peer-to-Peer hosting used to give matches with 180ms, 250ms, even 300ms which was pretty much unplayable.

Now, it is constant 80ms latency every single time, much more consistent with less hits when you're way through windows, over pallets, etc.

Killer works just fine too, it's even more fun since you're not getting hits when you don't deserve them, since when the survivors used to have much higher latency there would be a lot more play in when you can and where you can swing to get hits.

If some of the bugs that other people are mentioning are fixed, it would be perfect. Leaving this game as peer-to-peer hosting makes it nearly impossible to find a good match under 150ms, I never want that feeling back.

• Zuphest
    Zuphest Member Posts: 18
    Options

Only played survivor so far.

Been good for the most part, ran into Myers about 4 times last night, ONE of them was really buggy.

Tier 3 music is all weird and played multiple times or tier 3 will pop but I wouldn't get one shot down.

Footage from my friend's stream

https://clips.twitch.tv/PricklyCuteEggplantPoooound

• AngryFluffy
    AngryFluffy Member Posts: 443
    Options

I only played survivor so far. I live near to one of the servers in Europe and for most games I had a ping of 30 ms, which is insanely good.

Anyway, the hitboxes are a mess. Even though I had a really good connection, I still got hit in these scenarios:

- after vaulting a pallet ( I vaulted it, character is already standing on the other side of the pallet, killer swings and I got hit). This is the biggest issue for me, since that happened a lot.

- after vaulting a window and already running again (enough space between survivor and window, still got hit through it)

- through solid walls ( I looped the killer around some walls, he was behind me but on the opposite of a solid wall, swung and hit me. This also happened on other loops)

- hatchets are first flying past me (I can hear them hit the ground) and I got injured by them like 2 seconds later.

The only good thing about the servers is that they don't (or rarely) lag.

But playing with these issues is actually worse than playing against a killer with a ping of 175ms! Even in yellow ping lobby's I rarely faced those issues in the past. These things should not happen with a ping of 30-40ms...

• Zumz
    Zumz Member Posts: 67
    Options

I don't know if you have any knowledge of this, but god how SWF sucks.

While I have green ping and is doing "decent" in game, my friend on the other side of the world has so awful ping and lag in a match. Please fix this.

Also matchmaking still doodoo.

• juniorwaldorf
    juniorwaldorf Member Posts: 5
    edited October 2019
    Options

il mio gioco è diventato instabile dal punto che quando sono in partita, la partita si chiude e va direttamente in lobby, e oltre tutto perdo dei punti di rank come se io avesse fatto "quit" della partita!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Avocet
    Avocet Member Posts: 284
    edited October 2019
    Options

I've played several survivor matches and a couple killer matches (due to the longer queues). I'm getting consistently a ping around 50 ms in the lobby which is better than the previous test. I've had a couple games as survivor which felt like moving through molasses. I haven't noticed any rubberbanding or teleporting around.

We've had a couple disconnects, including the error message "player disconnected during loading" but then in the tally screen nobody was displayed as disconnected. I've also encountered a glitched lobby without a killer. When my teammates started to leave, the game continued to put new people in that lobby.

Aside from that the gameplay has been mostly normal but I don't do a lot of looping.

• prrrrrrrrrrx
    prrrrrrrrrrx Member Posts: 6
    Options

I only played survivor since 9th.

The servers feel better than before, but still not good.

Especially against the huntress you get hit where she defintily has no los on you (& your large hitbox).

But overall the "getting hit through pallets/after finished vaults"-thing is better, but still happens. (Consistent 40 ping)

I'd say it is a step in the right direction, but it is still a wonky experience.

• emilys101
    emilys101 Member Posts: 24
    Options

The hitboxes are out of this world bad. Chainsaw hitboxes, huntress hitboxes, trap hitboxes, window hitboxes. If servers are going to be this laggy, hitboxes have to be changed. I have a few clips of my friend to show this since my computer is unable to record.

It is entirely frustrating and gives killers free hits. Even when I play killer, it feels completely awful and unfair.

• JetTheWaffleCat
    JetTheWaffleCat Member Posts: 284
    Options

It's feeling a lot better than the public test. Huntress feels great now, almost like the p2p system.

I do have beef with Dead Hard giving me the whole exhaustion timer when I get hit and have a seizure on the ground though.

The killer can't hit survivors on the hook which means you can't pull off the unhook mindgame.

Other than that I think they're getting better.

• Atapo101
    Atapo101 Member Posts: 1
    Options

I've never lagged that much. I play both roles. When I play survivor, I see the killer teleporting which makes almost impossible to loop. Futhermore, the hitboxes are terrible: I legit get hit when the killer is facing the other direction.

On the other hand, when I play killer, I FEEL LIKE I AM THE NURSE. I keep blinking and I can't follow anyone because I keep going backwards every two seconds. I play huntress and if I throw a hatchet at the wall, somebody gets hit.

Note: I leave the lobby when the ping is over 120, however, I keep lagging.

The first live build was AWESOME, but this is actually terrifing. I would genuinly love to ask for your anwsers and solutions to those problems above-mentioned.

• xenofon13
    xenofon13 Member Posts: 1,241
    Options

Getting hit from 10 feet away and the Dead Hard is...dead. You have to dash "3 minutes" before the hit

• muka3112
    muka3112 Member Posts: 9
    Options

Completely terrible,

Same stupid problems as before, as most killers, my danm power get messy, laggy, delayed, I literaly sprint through ppl with billy and they wont fall.. chainsaw at windows is a joke, survivors start flickering as soon as they colide with my body like they we're a nurse, survivors change direction like there is no animationand flick so hard that's impossible to aim,

M1 got actually worse than before, it's terrible, ppl are blinking/de-syncing/whateverdevscallit so damn hard after hit that sometimes i'm unnable to keep track of then even in plain field.

Really useless servers, completely terrible.

Stop turning on this abomination u call servers in live game, use it just in PTB.

For real, just drop this server thing. Nothing is going well so far, u guys won't be able to fix those multiple problems anytime anytime soon.

that's it, another brake from DBD until this """"""server""""" is off again.

but hey, jake's hair is great now!

• Secretrider
    Secretrider Member Posts: 5
    Options

This is literally worse than when it was first tested in the PTB, I can't play a game for longer than a minute before getting DC'd. And from what I hear having had to just wait for my friends in a SWF, games are extremely laggy.

• Mrjuice
    Mrjuice Member Posts: 94
    Options

is it just me or the last generator's notification bubble for killers disappeared...?

Also, there is some delay on power/ interaction. And hitboxes are just acting weirdly.

• Kieron
    Kieron Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2019
    Options

Playing as survivor feels pretty good, pretty much on par with the P2P system.

Biggest issue comes with playing killer.

I am constantly rubberbanding, hits that should register don't, hits that shouldn't hit register as one, the charge bars for Billy, Plague and Leatherface will often lose progress just before they're done which really messes with Leatherface more than the rest. I am constantly unable to stalk people in the middle of the open with Myers, but then I'm able to stalk people through solid cover and even walls. I also keep losing a bunch of stalk progress on my Evil Within, taking me back to tier 1 from tier 2 and back to tier 2 from tier 3. And it often takes a few moments more to uncloak with Wraith.

This is all with 40 ping.

Post edited by Kieron on
  • PlayingJuxta
    PlayingJuxta Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2019
    Options

I'm from Taiwan,and here are some complaints and advice or feedback from our game forum.

(1)Playing killers is not as fluency as then before,especially using nurse and MM's power.

(2)Randomly lag happens when killers interact with objects or slay people.

(3)Now survivors can just press ready and watch the YT until the game start,that a great improvement.

(4)Maybe can let killers know whether survivors are SFW or not after the game start. (We know if we show that at the waiting room may decrease killers' playing willingness)

(5)Similar to (4), maybe we can show if others are SFW or not at the end of the game.I believe most people are curious about it.

(6)Red Rank still need a long time for queuing. And sometimes it gives ridiculous match that made an unbalanced game.

(7)The Rank system need to be adjusted,Now it's too difficult for both killers and survivors to reach Rank 1 ,especially for solo survivors.(And these make most of Red Rank survivors are AT and also cause too few Red Rank players.)(Maybe relate to (6))

(8)DC boi need punishment.

(9)Maybe can let solo survivor players know the killers perk in advance.

• Deadonkillz
    Deadonkillz Member Posts: 52
    edited October 2019
    Options

Please allow us to opt out of dedicated servers , its day 3 and i can't play killer. survivor is bearable even though its worse.

killer is literally impossible. All killer abilities are not fluid and make everything before dedicated server impossible. please , stop ruining our experience with connecting us to europe when we are in middle east

• CakeDuty
    CakeDuty Member Posts: 993
    Options

For the last clip. You've always been able to walk over your trap right after putting it down. I've done that a lot even before dedicated servers.

I managed to play a bit of killer and it seems pretty nice. No rubberbanding, but sometimes when getting stunned I freeze for like a second before going into the animation, same with breaking pallets and gens. I've had hits on survivors I didn't agree with the game on. Like someone had finished throwing down a pallet and I still managed to hit her.

My Huntress hatchets seem to go through survivors sometimes and other times I hit them without actually hitting them. She seems a bit off.

I tried playing Michael and sometimes when you tier up into tier 3 you go back down to tier 2. It's a bit odd. Chainsaw hits are also a bit odd. When playing Bubba I had a Jeff run right through my chainsaw. I have the opposite issue with my Billy, hitboxes are very generous with him. Hitting around corners, autoaim hitting the surv for me etc.

So my only issue at the moment is hitboxes are really off, especially for hatchets. I get a solid 60 ping each game.

• CakeDuty
    CakeDuty Member Posts: 993
    Options

For the last clip. You've always been able to walk over your trap right after putting it down. I've done that a lot even before dedicated servers.

I managed to play a bit of killer and it seems pretty nice. No rubberbanding, but sometimes when getting stunned I freeze for like a second before going into the animation, same with breaking pallets and gens. I've had hits on survivors I didn't agree with the game on. Like someone had finished throwing down a pallet and I still managed to hit her.

My Huntress hatchets seem to go through survivors sometimes and other times I hit them without actually hitting them. She seems a bit off.

I tried playing Michael and sometimes when you tier up into tier 3 you go back down to tier 2. It's a bit odd. Chainsaw hits are also a bit odd. When playing Bubba I had a Jeff run right through my chainsaw. I have the opposite issue with my Billy, hitboxes are very generous with him. Hitting around corners, autoaim hitting the surv for me etc.

So my only issue at the moment is hitboxes are really off, especially for hatchets. I get a solid 60 ping each game.

• antgnstea
    antgnstea Member Posts: 869
    Options

FPS drops drastically in indoors. Whenever I am in a building. FPS count drops to 30 - 40, while moving.

First I experienced it on PTB, I thought it was related to it. But now on live with the dedicated servers it happens again.

Springwood preschool, Disturb ward asylum, Lerry's memorial, Hawking lab, Meat plant... These are some of the examples I encountered this issue.

• AnimeChannelDE
    AnimeChannelDE Member Posts: 62
    Options

I experienced that a few times in the last days: Sometimes the Server kicks you randomly out of the game. My last game few minutes ago: A Huntress hit me with the Axe through the Window while vaulting and then the Server kicks me out of the game. The Match wasn't laggy and my ping is fine but sometimes its kicking me out of the game. This was the first time on PC but this issue happens on Nintendo Switch more often.

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275
    Options

I have recently felt like there have been a few hits on me while vaulting through windows that really should not have hit. It's as if the killer has a longer arm now.

• SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,660
    edited October 2019
    Options

Can you turn these useless servers off already.

Also survivors need to be able to see what the killer's connection is.

High ping killers make the server worse

• Nenkie
    Nenkie Member Posts: 43
    Options

There's a clear problem with grabs resulting in a hit instead, it's really frustrating when survivors completes a gen/opens the door in your face because of this.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 8,973
    edited October 2019
    Options

Even with 60 ping Nurse blinks rubber band. Unable to short blink after a chain blink either due to not knowing where you truly are once you land or the server not moving you.

• Deadonkillz
    Options

Can we get any updates regarding the situation of opting out of dedicated servers ? I remember that this would be a thing if BHVR doesnt want to add any servers in the region that we are from. Did this change ? seems like everyone is on dedicated servers even if they were on the moon.

• Tzunny
    Tzunny Member Posts: 8
    Options

Survivors need to see killer player profile as well in the lobby, so many times it happened to be targeted just because i am from another country, because i use prestige clothes, because i am a different nation and getting camped & tuneled to death (no, i'm not from Russia or turkey), but yeah since dedicated servers are active being tested the gameplay is much better, no more lagswitch, no more teleporting, no more freeze. Only personal problems i had so far in this 2-3 days was with the hitbox from some killers hits like being to big, they was metters behind me and downed me without no lag at all (and no i'm not talking about speedy killers or hatches from bunny, but normal mouse 1 hits). Hatches from bunny have another issue which personal i never had the issue before, they stuck in objects and when you get close to that stucked always moving/spining axe you get downed. Also, in some matches (not all) you still get downed even if you see the axe flying next to you while i was avoid it, game simply say NO you have to die no matter why, so now is kinda impossible to miss flying axes unless it's a really new player killer which sux really bad at the game!

• TheRedEagle
    TheRedEagle Member Posts: 2
    Options

I made an account specifically for these dedicated servers. THEY ARE A DOWNGRADE (for most people).

As everyone has been saying, even when the ping says 60, it feels more like it's adding both the killer's and survivor's pings together. The latency feels more like 120ms. And it is not as stable as most client-side servers previously. The match takes longer to load. There's stuttering at the beginning of most matches. But the problems are plethora; here's the more important ones I see.

1. HITBOXES: Vaunting is absolutely atrocious now. I can't even delay the window vault in killer shack to bait the mindgame. Pallets are terrible too, but windows feel worse for some reason. I will consistently be hit after I start moving following a fast window vault from a killer on the other side. Hitboxes feel fatter. Huntress is no longer fun to play against because of this.
    2. MOVEMENT: This is probably the thing that will make me quit the game. It does not feel buttery anymore. I know it's a dunkey cliche to talk about really feeling like a survivor, but the immersion factor is legitimately broken by the input feeling now. It reminds me of a time my internet was dropping 1/10 frames and my brain was overcompensating to fill in those gaps. DBD feels like that now. Whenever I'm downed by body rarely falls where it appears on my screen.
    3. STATUS EFFECTS: Dead Hard is broken. It's been broken before; doesn't seem too hard to do. But other status effects are broken as well. I played a match with Myers in T3 the entire time (he wasn't). Like everything else, there seems to be a slight delay in bewteen server and client data that is causing on of the two to reject the status. I dunno. I've seen killers never been able to activate bloodlust. I've seen people dead hard on the ground. I used balanced landing out of a window and it lagstuttered my entire BL, seemingly because the dedicated server didn't accept the input. But I kept exhaustion.
  • ohmy
    ohmy Member Posts: 14
    Options

when are dedicated servers going away?????

• ZerLukas
    ZerLukas Member Posts: 294
    Options

I played on Saturnday several games as killer and hardly felt any difference in any aspect. Ranks 11-9.

However one big difference was that the matchmaking queues were a lot shorter that usually - from 2-5 min to below 1 min.

• SaltyRainbow
    SaltyRainbow Member Posts: 87
    Options

huntress is even more bs on the servers. i got hit through (not over) fences and massive objects like the thick barrels on the underground complex. hatchets fly through hooks too.

• Larisa
    Larisa Member Posts: 176
    Options

For me and my people (around 8 persons from different regions) ping in every game from yesterday is awful. Red line, 200+ ms, central / eastern Europe. It affects the gameplay a lot because hits register from 3m away, very unhappy

• HughJanus
    HughJanus Member Posts: 7
    Options

How long will the servers be on live? I'm a killer main and playing killer is just absolutely atrocious right now, and I'm ######### done. PLEASE give us some information

• Tzunny
    Tzunny Member Posts: 8
    Options

Today is TUESDAY, why are this "dedicated" servers still here? It's the most horrible experience since dbd launched! I had a constant 20+ peoples playing the game, since this servers are active only 5-7 playing it anymore! It's more than obvious that it's a bad experience, so until figure it out what is going on just let the game how it was for 3 years than this completely broken version..., there are no benefits at all in curent state OR if want to insist with this servers, just release DBD 2 and let's see then which version is the most playable, enjoyable!

• Deadonkillz
    Options

This is going to be up for almost a week now. with 0 response to any feedbacks, some killers literally unplayable with current pings. can these servers be disable for regions with +100-200ms. if anything , this shows how disconnected devs are from players from different regions

• Blackowt_9120
    Blackowt_9120 Member Posts: 300
    Options

For NAT type errors you can fixthat yourself. Go to 192.168.1.1, that’s what most router are. Set up a dmz and static IP address and you should be good to go

• Zagrid
    Zagrid Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,000
    Options

Please keep working on getting everyone’s ping below 70. Huntress feels bad for both sides and the lag back on killer is nausea inducing.

• Ebisek
    Ebisek Member Posts: 106
    Options

Dear Devs...

9/10.

9/10 is the "my number", how many DEADHARDs have been exhausted and didn't protect me today.

• katerbater
    katerbater Member Posts: 125
    edited October 2019
    Options

Windows and pallets are worse than before. This kind of thing happens every game (on GOOD ping) https://youtu.be/ODKdnLrLNHQ

• then4321
    then4321 Member Posts: 234
    Options

The North American Oregon servers feel pretty good on both killer and survivor side, I live close by them.

My only issue is the queue wait time. To be killer, it's usually pretty good, but sometimes it can get up to around 8 minutes. To be survivor, on the other hand, regardless of the time of day or night, it's always 6-15 minutes. My only guess is we have a shortage of killers on our server.

Could you look into some sort of cross server connection to get a wider selection of players?

• NootOwl
    NootOwl Member Posts: 2
    Options

Nurse is really buggy in the dedicated server, desync is really big

• JudgeRedds
    JudgeRedds Member Posts: 5
    Options

on "30 ping" dedicated servers i have also run into bad desync with the server where killers are getting hits on hit boxes that are way behind myself. I juked a billy 3 outta 5 chainsaws and both times he hit me I juked and was 4 - 5 meters to their right /left and on my screen he just went forward and didn't turn into me. Then I have had the windows and pallets where killer was way far off getting hits after pallets have dropped and their weapon bounces off the pallet. Even my client is getting mixed messages as to what the heck is going on. Devs either fix the desync problem alot of people are having including streamers or let us choose to play dedicated servers or p2p matches. Pretty much the current state they are in they are gonna kill the pc community. I for one am growing pretty tired of the frustration of a 30 ping lobby having desync issues like 150-200 ping games.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 8,973
    Options

Nurse still sucks to play. Rubber band after every blink. Unable to short blink through simple objects like pallets without having to overcharge. This is with green ping.

Breaking gens and pallets shake your camera and sometimes stops the animation and have to wait for the chargebar to finish.

This round of testing needs to stop. Fix some of the reported bugs and release a hotfix. Then we can test again.

• redjasper
    redjasper Member Posts: 143
    edited October 2019
    Options

I guess I'm not the first, but I'll add that I keep getting hit through pallets long after I already drop it. Same thing goes with windows.

• KeeperReaper
    KeeperReaper Member Posts: 19
    edited October 2019
    Options

Ghostface stalking doesn't properly work in most situations even when the survivor is clearly visible, as an example:

Hopefully can be ironed out to be as it used to be.

• manzari
    manzari Member Posts: 50
    Options

I can't do that as I use my phone's internet with hotspot.

• Killviver
    Killviver Member Posts: 34
    Options

The servers showed to be a very bad idea. You will never have the same results like ptp. Desync is a huge problem and game breaking. For Feedback here is my list of issues, sadly i am not able to make videos for you to show how bad it really is, while i usually have 50 ms ping(central germany):

Survivor side:

1. Vaulting or using a pallet and get hit a second later
    2. Using Dead Heart and still get hit
    3. Killer isnt at the position you see him

Killer side(much worse and unplayable since there is much more player interaction):

1. Your screen is full of survivor buy you miss
    2. Survivor seems to run against an obstacle and you swing into nothing while he appears serveral meters away
    3. Survivors move sometimes like they are hold by rubberbands or straight blinking over the screen
    4. Starting Grapanimation just to get cancelled out of it after a second while your victim teleports speed away
    5. Sometimes survivors seems to be too fast, like they have perma haste.
    6. You passed the pallet and hit, just to get thrown back into a stun on the other side without hitting
    7. Sometimes scratched didnt seem to appear or appear to late

-> Because of the jerky movement of survivors, it is extremly hard to hold track when they are close

I think you had the best wishes for the servers, butz i can promise they will never work as intended. Many fps games suffer from desync which is especially a problem on close encounters, and dbd is a game of close encounters. When you first start the game im pretty sure that you didnt choose peer to peer just because of cost, since it will always have the best results for this kind of game. Please remember that, i am not ready to lose dbd yet :(

Greetz

• antgnstea
    antgnstea Member Posts: 869
    Options

Currently, lobby waiting is way too long for both sides. The more people play at the same time the longer I wait for a single match. And the latency problems increase, even though ping seems same.

• bluesnd63
    bluesnd63 Member Posts: 1
    Options

Dedicated servers are pretty much unplayable. Tiering up with Myers is so broken you can be stalking a survivor right in front of your face for like 30 seconds and it won't register that you are stalking. Everything is so choppy, hit boxes are god awful. Just turn off the dedicated servers you are ruining your game that used to be so much fun to play.