Feedback | Dedicated servers live test

Options

Comments

• HughJanus
    HughJanus Member Posts: 7
    Options

Hello? Bhvr? Are we ever gonna get any information as to what is going on with this? The servers are #########. This feedback thread is more than enough proof. I mean, you could alternatively try to play your own game sometime and see how bad they really are. TURN THEM OFF FOR ######### SAKE! Either let me opt out of these ######### ass servers, or do the tests on PTB, where they ######### belong.

• prrrrrrrrrrx
    prrrrrrrrrrx Member Posts: 6
    Options

How long will you test the dedicated servers?

40ms ping every game and it is just bad. Hitboxes out of this world, teleporting killers etc. every 2nd game. At least show a ping indicator for everyone to see, so it would be possible to figure out if it is a server problem or a "wow, this guy has 300ms ping, no wonder this feels so bad"-problem. Implementing 4 additional ping indicators would help.

Dedicated servers made it impossible to doge people with terrible connection.

Just a sidenote: I play dbd since middle of 2017. Two times I thought about stopping to play this game. The 2.6. build with the constant 3v1s and since the dedicated servers are live. I love this game and I think you are amazing devs, but dear BHVR: this is outright terrible.

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529
    edited October 2019
    Options

I second this. A ping indicator (both in lobby and ingame) for every player connected like in litterally every other online game nowadays would be nice.

• SpankyPie
    SpankyPie Member Posts: 3
    edited October 2019
    Options

Killer should not be forced into lobbies with over 150 ping. 100 ping is hard enough to play, but when it reaches 200, most killers are a pain to play with.

Also, I haven't had a green ping lobby in 2 days as both killer and survivor. This is in Asia region. Did you turn off some servers? Or what else is happening?

• HughJanus
    HughJanus Member Posts: 7
    Options

I guess it's time to start spamming all the other places the devs can be found, cuz they sure as ######### ain't here!

• darthbabymaker
    darthbabymaker Member Posts: 11
    Options

I'm so tired of getting the pallet stun and getting hit a second afterward. Or jumping through a window and getting hit 3 steps later. Please fix this trash. I love the game but its getting unplayable. stop putting out new stuff and fix the stuff we have now

• Zertix
    Zertix Member Posts: 122
    Options

One of the main benefits of Dedicated Servers was supposed to be “your connection only affects you” but this is not the case right now. With dedicated servers, it seems like the killer still has the highest authority and final say when it comes to hit registration, but it is worse than P2P since you can’t dodge killers with bad connection.

Survivor queue times skyrocketed from being instant to 5 minutes on average recently. It seems like there is a regional lock that prevents from connecting to the nearest data center which is in Europe. I am forced to play on the East Asian server (Singapore) which is on a completely different time zone and on the other side of the continent. I used to get much better ping and instant queue times when I was able to connect to Frankfurt and London data centers. 

It also doesn’t help that there is a rank disparity between me and my teammates. I really hope that the matchmaking gets fixed as soon as possible because it is making me consider taking a break for the first time ever.

• Deadonkillz
    Deadonkillz Member Posts: 52
    Options

The survivor Queue time is insane , there is much less killers as players prefer to play survivor. As the game is designed to have killer play with 0 ms previously , now its unbearable. I cant play Nurse at all , with 100+ ms on closest server. What is going on , the devs have killed the game for me. Showing no signs of communication , so out of touch with its base.

once upon a time , every single week we would have Q&A. now we dont get one for months , and the lack of communication increases by every day.

• Just_Playing
    Just_Playing Member Posts: 156
    Options

Can you pls give up the servers or atleast fixing the isuess. As killer and surviver it gets really annoying. Hits that should connect, micro lags, Hits that shouldn't connect, etc. It is horrible. Pls stop with the servers or atleast take you time and fix the bugs.

• pacster15
    pacster15 Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2019
    Options

I don't have any ping issues oddly, but it literally takes so long to get a game as killer(8-15 minutes). but when I play survivor I get a match so fast(3-6 minutes).

• Tzunny
    Tzunny Member Posts: 8
    Options

The ignorance from this developers is more toxic than the community itself !

• Th3Nightmare
    Th3Nightmare Member Posts: 1,262
    Options

Unplayable BILLY with the power bar its so random OMG...

• Maser3
    Maser3 Member Posts: 1
    Options

When entering the game.

Fall off very often.

Really played until the end------>Few rounds.

• Shi
    Shi Member Posts: 156
    Options

give up server please.

• Ebisek
    Ebisek Member Posts: 106
    Options

Last update = THE WORST

Billy hit me and then hit animation starts? REALLY?????

• Deadonkillz
    Options

Finally middle eastern servers , feels much better and better response. However , many middle eastern players stopped playing before this was a thing. I hope an announcement is made regarding this new server so we get much more players back into the game.

the far away dedicated servers were really bad , that this announcement will help a lot in retaining players.

Also people from UAE , they need to tweak the proxy setting to be able to play the game and fix the " save error " from happening.

• Deadonkillz
    Options

an update:

after 3 hours of playing , the Middle eastern server have solved everything. The killer power issues all feel really good.

also queue time now is better , takes 2-3 mins as a killer and so is a survivor.

i hope those servers stay up , they are actually much better than P2P with low ping.

• antgnstea
    antgnstea Member Posts: 869
    Options

Where is this Middle East server announcement? I couldn't see.

• Deadonkillz
    edited October 2019
    Options

they haven't announced it , but it is up. The current server is 50-55 ms for me from UAE. ( it might be india , as we have low ping with AWS india as well ).

Update:

it is disabled again :/

Post edited by Deadonkillz on
  • seagl3e
    seagl3e Member Posts: 24
    Options

Constant rubberbanding, cant place traps because I keep teleporting backwards yet ping says its in the 60s killer is literally unplayable for me

• KeeBy
    KeeBy Member Posts: 17
    Options

Fix dead hard it's terrible , you get hit and exhausted even if the animation starts.. and it's annoying (with 50 ping btw)

• Ebisek
    Options

Today 98% of the hits on 45ms ping - 360°, we are back to back, killet stabs into the air and in ONE SINGLE FRAME, killer is turned for 180° to my direction for the rest of animation. #########? Sync is same trash like in case of P2P with 300ms ping !

No response from devs here, only new skins and stupid event challenge like "complete 10 gens in single trial"

• Ebisek
    Options

Today same #########. 180°, 3m away from the hit area and I GET A HIT !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lobby 46ms ping. Pinging on the background, no jitter change.

Look at the moment when killer clean the knife, how he sliding to new position to me. My position is still same, but server start correcting killer position. This is clear evidence that dedicated servers are NOT DEDICATED and killer still lead the session with his ######### internet connection.

I don't care that the killer has a 200ms ping to the server. I DON'T CARE. This logic - Killer is always right totally ruining game experience.

• Tod_Der_Lüge
    Tod_Der_Lüge Member Posts: 8
    Options

I'm in Victoria, Australia.

PC VERSION.

Ping says 30, but playing as killer is very, very bad.

Since dedicated servers playing as the killer, I would randomly freeze and not be able to move for a few seconds, it would teleport me randomly to a different location though not far to where I was meant to be whilst moving, power won't work on the shape properly people won't get highlighted whilst I stalk them this bug is happening to other people also; here's my thread where a video is linked in the comments. https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/802735#Comment_802735

note- that on others it seems to happen periodically where for when I play, stalking is pretty much impossible.

• Zagrid
    Zagrid Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,000
    Options

Ping should be lower, Dead hard can exhaust you and you still get hit 3 out of 5 times that happen to me just today, and hit boxes on windows are straight wack.

Keep up the work and introduce he DC punishments really soon

• pejii
    pejii Member Posts: 79
    Options

so, when will this "TESTS" be finished on poor PC users? can't you go and bother some of those console players now?

events and bloodhunt are over and I barely made one third of the bloodpoint I usually make in this days thanks to the dedicated servers and unplayable game.

• MRwhatever
    MRwhatever Member Posts: 4
    Options

the nat type error was fixed for a while for me but now after the last update its back and its making me not want to play this game anymore after 3 years pretty good job so far something finally made me not want to play the game and it was the game

• ComelyStar
    ComelyStar Member Posts: 187
    Options

These dedicated servers are a joke. I'm in the UK and I used to get lobbies within seconds, now I have to wait at least 20-30 mins to get a killer lobby regardless of my rank. And finding a lobby as survivor takes 5-10 mins. Wish dedicated servers never happened...

• manzari
    manzari Member Posts: 50
    edited November 2019
    Options

Fix the goddamned NAT Type error and Survivor queues. takes 10 minutes to find a lobby, then it gets stuck in the loading then goes back and say NAT Type error.

• EzBios
    EzBios Member Posts: 37
    Options

hello I don't know if it comes from the dedicated servers but since the last update I have the game that disconnects itself during a game

• Idotzoar66
    Idotzoar66 Member Posts: 9
    Options

Killers that use their power to directly hurt survivors like Nurse, Huntress and Demo are reaaally affected by the tiny delays that they get before they can get it off, especially Demogorgon imo. M1s and overall interactions feels relatively fine (grabs still get canceled in absolutely stupid ways but it's always been like this) but certain killer powers are much harder to use nowadays.. I guess input delay is the best way to put it?

• Tzunny
    Tzunny Member Posts: 8
    Options

Still this bs are running event for event time, gameplay is pure trash, unplayable most of the times, random dc, you just in chase then suddenlly stop in middle of it and can't move, and million otehr issues... why do this to the game after 3 years, wasn't enough borked already??

• bluex
    bluex Member Posts: 8
    edited November 2019
    Options

Can we get an update already about the servers locations ?

You opened a server in my area "Middle East" which has a very VERY low player base and its like the worst thing ever... I have been getting the same 4 players all day we literally got bored from each other. I know that queue time for survivor is like 7 minutes on EU servers but my location is like 25 minutes just to get the same exact people from my last game and its so bad.

I would really love to select which region I want to connect to like any other game with dedicated servers with a cool down of like 30 days before next region change. I was really happy to play in the German server with no problems at all but now its like the worst thing ever since you opened this server I am stuck in.

As for gameplay wise literally no difference between having a 50ms ping and 110ms ping at all .. still getting smacked 3 feet away from the window after fast vaulting and rubber banding alot as a nurse and also when I was playing killer the game just ended itself. But I have to say dedicated server are getting better than the first test and would love from you to disable it and test it again next PTB.

• Zertix
    Zertix Member Posts: 122
    Options

I am having the same issue as this gentleman. It is nice playing on green ping, but what is more nice is being able to play the game.

Today I queued for a killer lobby and waited for 30 min until I gave up and switched to playing survivor and waited another 20 min and still couldn't find a lobby.

• CakeDuty
    CakeDuty Member Posts: 993
    Options

It would be nice if Dedicated Servers would place you in a lobby that has decent ping for both you and your SWF friend.

I'm from Europe and have a friend in Australia I enjoy playing with, but we can't without one of us having to play with 300+ ping. It makes the game completely unplayable for one of us, since the we get put into the server closest to the host of the party. It'd be cool if the servers were able to locate what would be the best ping for both members. For us it'd probably be to be located in the US somewhere so we both could have around 150 ping instead. A bit high, but at least playable for both of us. I doubt I'm the only one that's got a friend from across the globe, I'd love to be able to play with.

• Deadonkillz
    edited November 2019
    Options

Middle eastern servers are necessity, there is a variety of survivors during the day but after midnight during the week it is the same survivors again and again.

Can we be connected to Singapore servers after midnight in middle east ?

Survivor is fine with 100-150 ping , however, killer is very sensitive to ping. The killer powers are based on ping , they are built around having low ping. Even with 30-50ms , it is still noticeably worse than when the killer was the host.

Suggestion: Can we have a lag compensation to killer powers ? In World of Warcraft , this was a major issue up to Wrath of The Lich King , after that Blizzard added lag compensation and even with 100+ms , it doesnt feel that it holds you back. If this can be fixed as Blizzard did with WoW , then you can eliminate Middle eastern servers. However, as it is standing at the moment not having ME servers will make some killers impossible to play as. ( tcpackfrequency was a fix we used before it was implemented by Blizzard , so we no longer needed that. Can this be applied to servers or is it already applied ? )

Also disabling dedicated servers for time being doesn't look like a bad idea. Postphoning it till 2020 wouldnt be a bad decision.

• Rexis
    Rexis Member Posts: 190
    Options

We have a big issue with the Middle East servers, the numbers of players are extremely low

our queue times are unbelievable, survivors games takes about 10 to 15 minutes while killer games could take up to 30 minutes before loading into a game

I have been playing for the past week and its unplayable, I played against the same killer for 7 games in a period of maybe 4 hours!

Yes we are happy with the green ping, but we are not happy with playing the same people over and over and over again

Please allow us to join into Asian servers which mainly i'd have 120 ping which is fine, or European servers where we would have 170 ping instead of waiting for hours to play a game and its always the same set of players at any time of the day, waiting time is unbelievable

I have created a post with my feedback and some screen shots of the struggle we facing please take a look at it

Please listen to us and do something about it cause a lot of players gonna quite me included if you dont do anything about it

• Ebisek
    Options

Pinging google.com [216.58.201.110] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 216.58.201.110: bytes=32 time=18ms TTL=55

Reply from 216.58.201.110: bytes=32 time=18ms TTL=55

Pinging deadbydaylight.com [143.204.101.18] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 143.204.101.18: bytes=32 time=18ms TTL=244

Reply from 143.204.101.18: bytes=32 time=17ms TTL=244

Lobby ping 45ms. Gameplay like a 300ms ping.

• Idotzoar66
    Idotzoar66 Member Posts: 9
    Options

Hey BHVR, today I got perma blinded by a flashlight after kicking shack pallet. The blind stopped when someone pointed a flashlight at me again, and that was when the gates were both open. (4 gens later)

Please stop the dedicated servers test, or at least pull it back into the PTB because this is insufferable

• laplace
    laplace Member Posts: 36
    Options

These servers are complete trash. For the love of God if you really have to test them, put them on the PTB. These servers have ruined the Halloween event and are ruining every single match I've played ever since they went live. I can't take this anymore. Please disable them quickly. The sooner the better.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 8,974
    Options

I play in the evenings and located Mid West US. I can have 60 ping at the start of the evening but as time progresses it can go up to 180. Either I'm being queued at different datacenters or your servers are getting too busy.

Nurse camera still shakes after blinks and I haven't seen any improvement since we started playing on servers back on the PTB. With the addition of your slight tweaks to her base kit, it's unfun to play her when you miss blinks due to server lag.

• ShehabABM
    ShehabABM Member Posts: 2
    Options

you need to fix dedicated servers in Middle East, it takes an hour to get into a game,

and i meet the same people and matchmaking is broken.

• Th3Nightmare
    Th3Nightmare Member Posts: 1,262
    edited November 2019
    Options

In Spain in the SOUTH, the servers are horrible! Some killers go with delay in their powers! -> I've reported this a thousand times, HILLBILLY its power bar is unplayable on dedicated servers, fake hits, blockages ...

• Luigifan64
    Luigifan64 Member Posts: 1,110
    Options

Yeah some “test” they’re janky and overall worse than peer to peer and yet you still leave them on. Turn this ######### off it’s horrible to play in.

• RainbowPatooie
    RainbowPatooie Member Posts: 322
    Options

I haven't had any notable issues on my end. If anything I've had more consistent good ping games. I think most problems are for people with bad ping.

• moridoll
    moridoll Member Posts: 27
    Options

Please GET RID OF THESE SERVERS! They're absolute garbage. If you actually cared about this game, you would listen to those who play this game daily, hours at a time. The latency of the servers is killing this game. Go check on the streamers who play this game all day, every single one of them will tell you how horrible they are. The community has been asking for weeks to get these servers removed.

If you aren't trying to kill this game, please remove the servers!

• Thrax
    Thrax Member Posts: 974
    edited November 2019
    Options

5 of 7 games a survivor quit so early they couldn't have decided the game was going to be a bust. 1 of the other 2 the killer quit but I think that was a legit problem as he has two downed by hook. Unless he was going for the 2 in the basement challenge he had no reason to DC. He did have the perk for it. I don't for an instant think there is anything enabled to address disconnections.

Dead Hard most often will not work but triggers notifications as if it did. Should be changed to Fall for Pity until fixed.

Makes a person not wish to play and all i wanted was to work on the tome. At least I didn't give any money for the pass yet. I'd be getting buyers remorse more than I already am.

• moridoll
    moridoll Member Posts: 27
    Options

@not_Queen I'm tagging you in this because well your name popped up on who created this thread. I've been through the entire thread, and to me it looks as if you and your team doesn't give a crap about the Feedback YOU requested. There are 5 pages of people begging for these servers to be removed, explaining the issues we're having, showing examples, and not a single response from you or any of the devs.

I'm confused at why you even bothered to ask the community who FUNDS this game. We get weekly cosmetics that we pay for, we now get a Rift that we pay for if we want the good items at least, we get DLCs we pay for, and we get bugs we pay for. Yet when we give our feedback, or have multiple pages of people asking for help on certain issues like these cheap dedicated servers, crashing issues, loss of progression issues, hitbox issues, any bug issues, we get ignored. If it isn't what the devs want to hear, it gets ignored.

The resent hotfix, didn't fix anything that was game damaging. You fixed it so the killer can't turn towards the camera, but left it where people randomly crash while playing the game. You fixed a cosmetic issue, yet you didn't fix the loss of progression on the bloodweb, you fixed tiny non game damaging issues, and we still have these servers. What is it going to take to get you and your team to realize this game needs fixed! It doesn't need another chapter, it NEEDS fixed. More and more players are leaving this game, and it's my favorite game. I use to play it every day, now I dread playing it half the time because of the issues. When I log onto PS4 I get set back on progression, when I log onto the computer, I can't even play a game without getting dedicated server hits.

Even your Fog whisperer streamers are irritated with the game more and more because they play for hours on end, and love this game, and it's going to sh*t.

Please just fix the game, before there's no more players to push DLCs onto.

• InnCognito
    InnCognito Member Posts: 719
    Options

Im getting LOTS of strange hit-box issues from both sides. I've had survivors whom I have THOUGHT I have struck, all of the sudden are no longer infront of me :P (as killer)

• BombDiggaT
    BombDiggaT Member Posts: 45
    Options

My experience with dedicated servers has been an absolute tragedy. I will admit that 95% of the time, I do not notice any difference, but the 5% I do notice differences are the times when it matters the most.

• Dead Hard has been indirectly nerfed to the ground, which is ironic since that's where I spend most of the game I run it, coupled with exhaustion of course.
    • Hit boxes are completely ridiculous for killers sometimes. I've been hit through windows that I'm not even near. I've been hit by Huntress hatchets after I've completely rounded corners. I've completely 360'd a killer and have still been hit by their swing. I've been hit while the killer is visibly facing the other direction.
    • I've been picked up off gens by a Ghostface that was 12+ meters away and then suddenly on top of me. Also have been grabbed while unhooking by killers that I couldn't even see.
    • On killer side, playing Myers is no longer fun as his power is broken by the increased latency and I can no longer 99% his stalk meter.
    • The frame stuttering after Nurse blinks has given me some serious headaches. I can't play her anymore without taking a migraine relief.

Please remove these servers as soon as possible. Keep them on the PTB until they're performing equivalent to the old P2P connectivity.