We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Feedback | Dedicated servers live test

Options
not_Queen
not_Queen Member Posts: 1,114
edited October 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions

As of October 9th, 2019, we have begun testing dedicated servers on the live PC version of the game following the feedback received from the first live test.

In the first test:

Players were sent to any server with an acceptable connection ping which could lead to be matched with sub-optimal servers.

In this test

Players will be sent to their closest server unless it is full. We'll be monitoring our servers capacity and adjust based on the demand to offer the best experience to all players.

Please note: Dedicated servers are not enabled on PS4 and XBOX just yet.

If you have had a chance to give the dedicated servers a try, we'd love to hear what you think below.

Survey

Click here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/9N7RSJJ

Thank you!

Post edited by PatBrutal on

Comments

• Daxtell89
    Daxtell89 Member Posts: 2
    Options

Matchmaking is messed up again. I play killer games, which I don't play unless I have a daily, and i was put with red ranks as the survivors when i am only rank 11 as killer. Other than that the only problem I had is I got disconnected from a couple games, and while I was playing doctor sometimes the shock therapy would not register as hitting the survivor.

• Nenkie
    Nenkie Member Posts: 43
    edited October 2019
    Options

DC survivors stay in game, I thought she was afk at first.

• PandaPeteTV
    PandaPeteTV Member Posts: 10
    edited October 2019
    Options

m2 has delay on huntress and pallet placing on freddy other than that its perfect for me seems m2 is delayed on most killers,

damages gens is delayed on fully breaking it you have to stay alot longer or it cancels.

• clutch4t
    clutch4t Member Posts: 19
    Options

It is literally unplayable at 120 ping to server as a survivor. If you get a killer who has better ping, hits can be somehow explained, but if killers ping is the same as yours, you get hit 10 meters away (especially Freddy's lunge), even though, logically, he has to be closer to you to attack. In addition, on the killer's side, if I play Huntress, survivors hitboxes are twofold size of Jane (no offense to Jane mains) and I get hated for that in the endgame chat. There's also another downside of servers when you "stutter" mid-chase or while breaking a pallet and occasional delay whilst pressing M2, for example, to wind up your hatchet or charge a blink as Nurse.

• 1saltypug
    1saltypug Member Posts: 117
    Options

just had an exhaustion bug where dead hard didnt actually give the i frames. My friend got stuck in a perm sprint burst for some reason in the same game

• CakeDuty
    CakeDuty Member Posts: 993
    Options

Lobbies I get sent to have decent ping, but hitboxes are atrocious. Had Billys chainsaw me through corners, Huntress hatchets hit me even though they didn't on my screen, had hatchets fly right through me, been hit through pallets even though I shouldn't and also not been hit at pallets even though I should, hit after vaulting a window and taking two steps away from it. My favorite part is when a Billy hit a rock with his chainsaw, as he was in the start of his "bump into something" animation he magically downed me as well.

Everything else seems nice, no stuttering or lagspikes. Just dumb hitboxes.

• Michael7509
    Michael7509 Member Posts: 8
    Options

Hitboxes are still hideous and don't make sense half the time. Besides that, which was an issue with the last test, now, I can't drop pallets well. When I stand near once, if the situation arises, and I can see that the prompt says "Space to drop", when I press space, one of two things happens: either the prompt disappears and it doesn't drop the pallet (most common) or I warp about a half an inch away to a distance where the pallet cannot be dropped. For the record, all lobbies I've played in have had green 60 ms ping.

• Michael7509
    Michael7509 Member Posts: 8
    Options

Oh and dead hard is also messed up to the maximum. Most of the time, I'll use it, it won't dash, and I get downed. The thing is, I still get the exhaustion effect still, even though the perk didn't actually work.

• CakeDuty
    CakeDuty Member Posts: 993
    Options

Oh yeah, I forgot to name that part. DH doesn't work like 50% of the time. Had multiple times where I pressed it early but got hit anyways. Either I'd get exhausted on the ground or I'd do the Dead Hard shakes (where you get downed and just shake on the ground for a bit).

• MRwhatever
    MRwhatever Member Posts: 4
    Options

me and my friend both got a nat type error as soon as u guys did the servers we can play solo but not with each other or with anyone in a swf actually and there is nothing we can do about it so yea dont know what to do about that one

• Aikanaro
    Aikanaro Member Posts: 310
    Options

Lol if someone is trying to rank up as a survivor, this is not the best time.

• The_6S
    The_6S Member Posts: 1
    Options

way better than playing on other killers ping and stops lag switching

• Tabambula
    Tabambula Member Posts: 2
    Options

Hello, first I have to say that I had a worse ping than in the last test, I play in the Frankfurt region,

I have an average ping of 80 (Frankfurt is about 50 km from me)

As killer "Huntress" I lagg myself to pallets and generators to damage them, their hatches fly through survivor and are not registered.

As a survivor I have the same ping, all actions work great but only the hits on windows and palettes are just horrible, you can really see how the killer pulls before a hit on the survivor's turn.

I am absolutely not satisfied with this test ... The last test of the server was clearly better! I hope you get that slowly in the handle. Best wishes and succeed with good,

Tabambula

• ChaoticNoxx
    ChaoticNoxx Member Posts: 1
    Options

A few things I noticed when playing were lobbies for killer took way longer than before. It would roughly take 15-20 minutes to queue for a killer game but before it was maybe 5 minutes. I also have noticed if the lobby gets picked as a survivor, the ping for the lobby jumps all over the place and it even shows in game. Things will run smooth and then you lag so bad it becomes hard to play.

• debdee
    debdee Member Posts: 15
    Options

Occasional stuttering when breaking stuff as killer like last time, that's the only negative thing I've experienced in almost 4 hours. This test has been far better for me than the previous one. Good ping, getting games in 10 seconds or less, it's great.

• Ebisek
    Ebisek Member Posts: 106
    Options

I have terrible experience with dedicated servers. Ping in lobby ~45-50ms, but gameplay experience like in case of 250ms P2P.

Killer hits to "air" and blood sprays from my body 2m away, even though I turned my back after 360°.

Myers have bugged "exposed" icon on tier2.

Flashlight doesn't work and 10 seconds later works again. Same like cases when mouse buttons works on the third attempt (clicking do nothing - same like healing, repairing, unhooking). No, thats not mouse issue.

DeadHard is completely dead perk, because it work in 10% of cases. In most cases, pressing do nothing or killer hit me and then you can see animation of attack. Or animation starts in the moment of hit.

Hitboxes are weird. Demogorgon have 3m wide hitbox on dedicated servers?

Reaction time of pallet droping is also terrible.

• Deadonkillz
    Deadonkillz Member Posts: 52
    edited October 2019
    Options

This is the worst experience i've ever had in DBD. I live in Middle East , we dont have any servers. today lowest ping was 160ms and goes up to 195-200ms on other server

Hag Teleport + attack with 150ms is so bad. you cant do it. takes 0.1-0.2 sec to teleport and hit.

Hit boxes are so bad , Basic attacks do not register on a target if they keep moving around.

Any Chainsaw / Charging ability have a slight 0.1-0.2sec lag where it wont start charging

Hag trap placement have a 0.1-0.2sec and at end of trap placement another 0.1-0.2sec

Billy Chainsaw does not connect if player circle around , it seems you need to predict where they are according to their placement on their screen.

Pallet drops are 0.1-0.2 sec delayed , getting hit through pallets.

Shred on Demogorgan has a noticable delay on activation and on execution (0.1-0.2 sec).

I am very disappointed with servers , there is literally a AWS server which has 20ms in my region , however, since we dont have that much players in middle east we dont get any Middle Eastern servers.

If you want any funding to Middle East server , i will fully fund it. you have my email , send me a mail. Dedicated servers are indeed the best choice , but if you are not planning to invest in launching enough servers than just leave it P2P.

It is quite sad how i feel you ignored all our feedback early into dedicated servers about the lack of middle eastern servers and just connected us to EU/Russian servers with 150-200 ms. Apparently even singapore servers we are not able to connect to , had 100-110ms to it. not that bad , but was it cancelled ?

• IAmGrubbs
    IAmGrubbs Member Posts: 3
    edited October 2019
    Options

So, my feedback is: this game is still completely broken on dedicated servers. Killers can hit you from a mile away, vaulting windows or pallets might as well be the middle of the map. Hit boxes seem to be the size of the killer shack.

My suggestion: ban anyone playing killer during this test. Apparently you can be banned for using things in the game to your advantage because that wasn't the way the devs have designed it. So, unless the devs have designed the killers to be able to hit from a mile away, then every killer in the game right now is exploiting a game breaking bug that isn't working the way the devs intended. I am happy and open to a response from the dev team as to what was actually fixed in this new "test" because right now it seems that you have just turned the servers back on the way they were a few days ago.

EDIT: Brand new part, hitting both skill checks even on these horrible laggy servers gives you no progression to the generator. So once again wasting blood points and items to get nowhere.

Post edited by IAmGrubbs on
  • Valkyria
    Valkyria Member Posts: 8
    Options

Killers are terrible to play. My stalk progression as Myers jumped instantly from 75% to 100%, making it impossible to 99 my stalk progression. Adding up to this, I teleported across the map randomly, on a 90 Ping server, making me lose survivors constantly.

The next game, I spawned, did an entire chase, hooked the survivor, went for someone else.... and then the game got canceled, because someone didn't load in???

Nurse is giving me motion sickness with frames stuttering after some blinks, also making it very hard to hit survivors.

So I got fed up and switched to survivor. I vaulted pallets and windows and was running again, and THEN got hit THROUGH the window.

I tried Head on, and I vaulted out of the locker, THEN the killer did a full swing (after i was completely out of the locker already!) and THEN he got stunned...

Switched to dead hard, and spent most of the matches being exhausted on the floor...

Yeah. Servers are amazing.

• Ciinny
    Ciinny Member Posts: 36
    Options

Well in Australia from my experience, Dedicated Servers have been amazing. Vaults feel really smooth, hits are much more accurate (most of the time) and the movement in general just feels a lot better than it did before.

Dead Hard however, works very badly. It's almost like "press the activate ability button to instantly die". Other than the occasional wonky hits and Dead Hard not working at all I think you guys did a pretty good job so far...

• cats4bats
    cats4bats Member Posts: 11
    Options

movement feels bad. spinning in a circle / moonwalking is very jittery

• zarr
    zarr Member Posts: 843
    Options

Basically non-functional Dead Hard if it's not used for distance, ridiculous hits through and over pallets and windows, lunges connect from afar, ... - client-sided hit detection on the killer's PC coupled with servers that introduce more latency but do not run their own hit detection or at least hit validation or lag compensation means the killer's latency advantage has only gotten worse, when it was the one thing I had hoped dedicated servers would finally rid us of. And now players can't even see what the connection of their opponent to the server is like, to avoid players with bad connections.

I really do hope you will sooner rather than later look at handling "hit authority" differently, as you said you want to. The server needs to be the authority, or I don't see why dedicated servers were implemented to begin with.

• Malkraz
    Malkraz Member Posts: 112
    Options

The Killer's ping should be shown to Survivors in the lobby, and ideally vice versa. Assuming hit registration is handled with client authority, which it appears to be, a Killer with an excessively high latency will basically offset the fact that the Survivor is playing with low latency on a nearby server and will appear to hit from a significant distance away. On the original P2P system, players were able to see when the latency was too high for an enjoyable experience and were able to requeue for a better one. This is no longer the case and it's a complete gamble regardless of what your own ping to the server is.

• potolover
    potolover Member Posts: 6
    Options

Dedicated server still has havy lag for killers even at green ping at Asia server.

Most problem is a lag when from click any button to take actions. This lags make us get frustrations.

Especially The Doctor, He MUST switch avilities and hit soon after shock therapy SMOOTHLY. He needs click buttons sometimes more than other killers.

this server makes me and The Doctor confuse.

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    Options

I'm getting some desync issues on the survivor side. Killers are apparently hitting me even though I'm nowhere near them. I know it's not my net that's causing this issue cause the killer seemed confused trying to find me once I was downed.

• fahad0595
    fahad0595 Member Posts: 57
    Options

everything is smooth on survivor side so far for me .. however we need an indicator to see how much the killer ping's. since im pretty sure there is some issues not related to the servers but how laggy the killer is !!

• xXSilentWraithXx
    xXSilentWraithXx Member Posts: 2
    Options

You guys did really well. I've yet to run into a problem with the dedicated servers thus far. I had poor ping my first match on but I'm not sure if it was the servers or my internet.

• Slaughterhouse3
    Slaughterhouse3 Member Posts: 883
    Options

Really smooth on my end! Love em :D

• purplerain
    purplerain Member Posts: 92
    Options

fix the stalking killers on dedicated servers if this go pernaments , or rework ghostface for no stalk then because at current state he is unplayable on dedicated servers

• NootOwl
    NootOwl Member Posts: 2
    Options

Everything Looks good so far, My Ping got a lot better but the Hit boxes still seems to be a problem like they can hit you from a mile away especially with Huntress throwing axe. Also when I start to break pallets there's like a little de-sync, Dead Hard also works very badly but overall Pretty Good Job so far

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,211
    Options

I'm seeing an issue in Plague games which has happened multiple times now.

When chasing a survivor as they turn a corner, puking directly on them causes the puke to splash on them and they make the grunts and animation as though it has hit, but then they are not infected.

• MRwhatever
    MRwhatever Member Posts: 4
    Options

i have to use vpn now to play the game god damnit this was the one thing i played

• KawaiiChazzy
    KawaiiChazzy Member Posts: 2
    Options

The servers are soooo bad, getting hit through pallets even though I'm already through them, more than usual. Dead hard literally doesn't work. I sit on the ground exhausted most of the time and shake.

• manzari
    manzari Member Posts: 50
    Options

I keep getting a NAT Type error when I'm about to find a lobby as both killer and survivor, it happens 60% of the time, this wasn't an issue for me before you guys change the style of swf lobbies, or maybe it's the servers, don't know what it is but please fix it cuz everytime I'm playing with friends, they go in the lobby and tell hey Where are u? I say I'm loading, it ends up loading forever then back to pre-lobby with the NAT error.

• kaoraku
    kaoraku Member Posts: 239
    edited October 2019
    Options

Are you out of your mind? How the hell you want to test it without killers?

However yes, it is horrible. As killer it is basicly unplayable, with ~50 ping sometimes my skills have a whole second or more delay.

As a survivor you get hit from another part of the map

And it would be really grate, if you turn off loosing ranks. It is really not funny if we loose ranks cause you cannot make work normally the servers

• emilys101
    emilys101 Member Posts: 24
    Options

I agree with everyone above who says the servers are terrible. You should just steal the servers from Deathgarden as peer-to-peer is the only option for DBD, and it should stay that way. People complain about lagswitching, but it is EXTREMELY rare. I never thought dedicated servers were a good idea.

Servers are laggy for both survivor and killer. Huntress charged shots are undodgable now, with the lag and the hitboxes in general. And when playing her (huntress main), even I know that did not hit them. When playing nurse, there is a weird stutter after blinking and before blinking, which I find funny because in the PTB you test the nurse changes with dedicated servers.

Laggy servers = laggy pallet hits, laggy hits, frame drops. No BLOCKING SYSTEM. (PLEASE!) I miss MLGA already.

Stick to peer-to-peer and stop torturing us.

• Enrycs02
    Enrycs02 Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2019
    Options

Those dedicated servers are so odd because when I play survivor i have no problems (i have 60-70ms ping) but when I play killer it's just unplayable. Explain me why (with the same ping) it's so laggy (e.g. with bamboozle the perk gets activated 3 seconds after the vault and when I break a generator the visual is laggy, just unacceptable) that I can no longer play killer with dedicated servers. In the end I had thesee problems with the last dedicated servers attempt and the daily quests get substituted with others after a message of error.

• Reconetic
    Reconetic Member Posts: 9
    edited October 2019
    Options

Rubber banding seems to be gone but please make dead hard work in dedicaded servers everytime i dead hard i just get exhausted and still get knocked down same for getting hit through pallets/windows

Edit:

Played some more no real lagg but hitboxes are just worse, and dead hard is basicly a waste of a perk slot only get exhausted and thats it, also noticed some latency problems when dropping pallets/getting hit through them

Post edited by Reconetic on
  • White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,785
    Options

As survivor there's low ping and, aside some occasional bs hit, it runs very smooth.

As killer it seems there's less delay on powers compared to the other test, but I experience way more rubberbanding, especially at the start of the match, and interactions (vaulting windows in particular) have a high chance to make you freeze in place for a bunch of seconds.

• Irvin
    Irvin Member Posts: 130
    Options

This is my experience so far, I will add more as I play.

Pro's:

No Lag

Cons:

Dead Hard activates but I do not move and I still become exhausted.

Hit Boxes are not in a good place, some BS hits have been landed on me.

• Echelonia
    Echelonia Member Posts: 26
    Options

That's a bug (see bug report section of the forum) and it happens to alot of people, even before the servers went live. Got the same problem btw.

My feedback:

Survivor gameplay works fine for me, ping is always around 40-50 which is totally fine. Nothing bad happened to me, I'm happy with that.

For killer - I only played The Pig a few games. Everything worked fine. Only think I recognized is the waiting time for a game, which took me longer than normal (10 minutes or more, before the servers went live it took me around 5 minutes).

Overall I have nothing really negative to say :)

• Vavouar
    Vavouar Member Posts: 1
    Options

The game is currently unplayable as killer, especially nurse. I join a lobby with 30-40 ping, but I experience rollbacks and lags/freezes every 5 seconds. I keep glitching around with no possibility to lunge at survivors otherwise I miss. I also cannot hit survivors around corners, as it will auto-aim at their current location for the server, which is behind the wall, when they're still reachable on my screen. I'll keep playing for a bit to be sure that it was not a random thing, but i pray for good dedicated servers.

• Shraar
    Shraar Member Posts: 219
    edited October 2019
    Options

While I didn't have any terrible issues last time (apart from questionable hits through windows) I've got to say it's worse this time. I NEED to connect to a Server, I'll wait longer if I have to, if I can't connect it's an infinite load screen as Killer. Dedicated Servers are my only chance to play Killer, I really don't want to use Peer-to-Peer.

Edit: It's been getting better. The first test was still better, but I'd have no I think Dedicated Servers (based off my own experiences) are "good enough" right now to be released, so long as they make continual improvements to them in the future to address the issues some people claim they're running into.

Post edited by Shraar on
  • HughJanus
    HughJanus Member Posts: 7
    Options

This test is absolutely worse than the last.. After the shitshow that was PTB why would you test this on live?

Killer is a complete nightmare to play now, want to kick that pallet? Lol good luck, you're gonna waste 10 seconds trying to kick it. Want to kick a gen? same. Want to throw a hatchet? 50-50 it's either gonna be the hatchet of death that downs three players on opposite sides of a gen, or its gonna go through that survivor who just dropped a pallet in front of you and is stuck in an animation.

Survivor is fine, allthough window hits are complete bullshit now, going through walls n #########.

3/10 let me know when the clown fiesta is over and I can play the game without feeling like it's 1999 and I'm on dial-up

• Bronx
    Bronx Member Posts: 7
    Options

The game feels very laggy in every aspect of gameplay, even with being on the nearest server. Biggest thing for me is survivor movement. Playing a killer like huntress, demo or billy where you hold your ability and wait for the right moment to strike is almost impossible to do properly. Any sort of sudden movement jolts the survivor in the direction instead of being a smooth movement like before.

Example of what I mean: https://youtu.be/vQhG745R2J4?t=343

I honestly hate this

• ohmy
    ohmy Member Posts: 14
    edited October 2019
    Options

Overall a terrible experience and second test. Keep dedicated servers on the PTB. They're that bad. Or at least warn players when a testing period will begin so we can avoid the frustrations of playing on such terrible servers.

edit: should also mention the above video features matches that were ALL on ~60 ping.

• ohmy
    ohmy Member Posts: 14
    Options