We need to stop the war between Survivors mains and Killers mains

JFox
JFox Member Posts: 41

Seriously guys, we need to stop this, because we all love the game so why are we always fighting ?
-Yes, SWF can be op but it's not the fault of the players, but the way the game was made
-Yes, Camping is annoying but it's the easiest way to do kills, if the game was totally balanced, camping wouldn't exist
-No, insulting someone at the end of a game or in his steam profile is not ok, particularly if it's just like "ez baby killer" or "without SWF you are #########", this is literally harassement.
I never had so much insults on my steam profile since I have DBD.
We should all do peace guys, and it's not because a famous player is doing one of those thing that you should do it too, the community is a real problem, not since the release of the game, but since streamers and youtubers started to play cancer, most people play like them because they do not think by themself, this need to stop.

By the way I'm not a native english speaker so please don't mind mistakes, I have 1k hours on DBD and I play both survivors and killers equally

Comments

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

@JFox said:
    Seriously guys, we need to stop this, because we all love the game so why are we always fighting ?
    -Yes, SWF can be op but it's not the fault of the players, but the way the game was made
    -Yes, Camping is annoying but it's the easiest way to do kills, if the game was totally balanced, camping wouldn't exist
    -No, insulting someone at the end of a game or in his steam profile is not ok, particularly if it's just like "ez baby killer" or "without SWF you are #########", this is literally harassement.
    I never had so much insults on my steam profile since I have DBD.
    We should all do peace guys, and it's not because a famous player is doing one of those thing that you should do it too, the community is a real problem, not since the release of the game, but since streamers and youtubers started to play cancer, most people play like them because they do not think by themself, this need to stop.

By the way I'm not a native english speaker so please don't mind mistakes, I have 1k hours on DBD and I play both survivors and killers equally

• SWF was never a planned feature. Devs only introduced after so many survivors lobby dodged untill they got in the same lobby as their friends. It´s funny how they now hate lobby dodging killers, which try to avoid SWF.
    • Camping was a planned feature from the beginning. Hook times were shorter and survivors had to hurry to reach the hook in time. Back then, the survivors felt the pressure. Hook times got only increased after survivors complained. Now they use the extra time to finish 3 gens.
    • Insults are bad, i agree.
  • ShrimpTwiggs
    ShrimpTwiggs Member Posts: 1,181

Thank you! Yes, there are people on both sides that can be obnoxious, but it seems like some people in these forums just blindly hate the other side. Both killers and survivors are necessary for the game to work. It doesn't have to be 'us-vs-them.'

• Tzeentchling9
    Tzeentchling9 Member Posts: 1,796
    Hard to be unbiased when the easy mode side holds all the power and uses the mob mentality to defend it.
  • Tsulan

@Tsukirose31 said:

@Orion said:
    Until Survivors stop being entitled, constantly complaining about things that they find annoying instead of things that make the game imbalanced, you can kiss your wish goodbye.

As a survivor main I would like to apologize for that. Even I admit there are a lot of survivors out there that feel entitled. But also I've gone up against killers that feel entitled as well. I think it's a both sides of the fence sort of thing.

Survivors feel they are entitled to survive.
    Killers feel they are entitled to kill.
    Vicious cycle.

Good luck out in the game :)

May i correct yourself?
    Survivors feel they need to have a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, etc. chance after being downed. Downed, flashlight, downed, DS, downed, hook block, downed, flashlight, downed, hook sabotaged, downed, insta heal, downed, Adrenaline, downed, flashlight, downed, finally a hook! Ohh BT and out of the game... "gg ez"
    Killers feel they deserve a kill after they chased and downed the same survivor for the 10th time.

Now tell me, who is the entitled one.

• Tzeentchling9
    Tzeentchling9 Member Posts: 1,796
    Yes, killers do feel entitled to the kill when they legitimately outplay someone. It's quite tilting when robbed of that kill by multiple ez mode tools from the other side.
  • ACoolName
    ACoolName Member Posts: 177

@Tsulan said:

@Tsukirose31 said:

@Orion said:
    Until Survivors stop being entitled, constantly complaining about things that they find annoying instead of things that make the game imbalanced, you can kiss your wish goodbye.

As a survivor main I would like to apologize for that. Even I admit there are a lot of survivors out there that feel entitled. But also I've gone up against killers that feel entitled as well. I think it's a both sides of the fence sort of thing.

Vicious cycle.

May i correct yourself?
    Survivors feel they need to have a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, etc. chance after being downed. Downed, flashlight, downed, DS, downed, hook block, downed, flashlight, downed, hook sabotaged, downed, insta heal, downed, Adrenaline, downed, flashlight, downed, finally a hook! Ohh BT and out of the game... "gg ez"
    Killers feel they deserve a kill after they chased and downed the same survivor for the 10th time.

Both are entitled some times.
    both need to stop being entitled.
    and yes OP. The community needs to be more mixed together, not survivor main X killer main

• Tsukirose31
    Tsukirose31 Member Posts: 53

@Tsulan said:

@Tsukirose31 said:

@Orion said:

Vicious cycle.

May i correct yourself?

Um...I'm confused. I said some survivors feel entitled to survive and some killers feel the are entitled to a kill. This is truth. I'm not saying all. That would be inclusive and that's just wrong thinking that everyone is the same way. For instance as a survivor I don't feel I deserve to survive just because a hatch pops up. I need to earn that baby. Just like if me as the killer has, for instance noed, I don't feel entitled to a killer just because all my totems weren't broken so I have it but the entire team is already at the exits. GG it and move on. I've gotten messages form both side of the fence before I turned off my PS4 messages so yes, my statement still holds true. So no, no correction :)

• Tsulan

@Tsukirose31 said:

@Tsulan said:

@Tsukirose31 said:

@Orion said:

Vicious cycle.

May i correct yourself?

Um...I'm confused. I said some survivors feel entitled to survive and some killers feel the are entitled to a kill. This is truth. I'm not saying all. That would be inclusive and that's just wrong thinking that everyone is the same way. For instance as a survivor I don't feel I deserve to survive just because a hatch pops up. I need to earn that baby. Just like if me as the killer has, for instance noed, I don't feel entitled to a killer just because all my totems weren't broken so I have it but the entire team is already at the exits. GG it and move on. I've gotten messages form both side of the fence before I turned off my PS4 messages so yes, my statement still holds true. So no, no correction :)

I never said all.

• Tsukirose31

@Tsulan said:

@Tsukirose31 said:

@Tsulan said:

@Tsukirose31 said:

@Orion said:

Vicious cycle.

May i correct yourself?

I never said all.

I'm meant I'm confused why you said I need to correct myself.

• Tsulan

@ACoolName said:

@Tsulan said:

@Tsukirose31 said:

@Orion said:

Vicious cycle.

May i correct yourself?

Both are entitled some times.
    both need to stop being entitled.
    and yes OP. The community needs to be more mixed together, not survivor main X killer main

When killer is a walk in the park like survivor right now, THEN the community will be more mixed.

• Tsulan

@Tsukirose31 said:

@Tsulan said:

@Tsukirose31 said:

@Tsulan said:

@Tsukirose31 said:

@Orion said:

Vicious cycle.

May i correct yourself?

I never said all.

If people would play solo survivor and killer to rank 1. Maybe they would understand the other side and stop being so toxic or entitled.

• Doom_Punk
    Doom_Punk Member Posts: 371

@Orion said:

Pretty much this.

• Tsukirose31

@Tsulan said:

@Tsukirose31 said:

@Tsulan said:

@Tsukirose31 said:

@Tsulan said:

@Tsukirose31 said:

@Orion said:

Vicious cycle.

May i correct yourself?

I never said all.

If people would play solo survivor and killer to rank 1. Maybe they would understand the other side and stop being so toxic or entitled.

I've only made it to Rank 1 as survivor survivor. I'm a horrible killer and know it. But I still can see it from both sides. I watch streams on youtube, no one big, and can see it from the killer side due to that. I also know I've gotten toxic messages playing both survivor and killer. I don't camp or tunnel as killer and I'll still get a nasty message from a survivor because they died. I've gotten messages from killers just because they couldn't catch me, no pallet looping for flashlights, they were just swinging at the wrong time. I'm just one of those people that treats people, whether irl or through electronics, how I would want to be treated. Guess it's just that simple for me.

• ItsDaEmuDood
    ItsDaEmuDood Member Posts: 192

I LOVE CHOCOLATE CAKE AND HAVE A HUGE CRUSH ON HUNTRESS AND KATE. WHY CAN'T WE ALL BE LIKE THIS? WHY GOOD LORD? WHY? THINK OF THE CHILDREN! THINK OF BALANCE? WHY NOT THINK ABOUT ICE CREAM?

• Beardedragon
    Beardedragon Member Posts: 425
    edited July 2018

What i miss mostly from the game is, the balance aspect between having rank 50 killers and not.

leveling up a killer is a nightmare when you dont even have a single level 50 killer. the difference between having the teachable perks available to you on killers and NOT having teachable perks available, is just a huge factor.

games are over super short, and its even more difficult to deal with generators being rushed (as its their objective, no complaining about rushing) when during the chasing phase, they have multiple perks that helps them extend it.

the games are over quickly, and the killers are in dire need to extend the game, but they cant, because they havent learned the perks required to actually extend the game.

some end game killers like nurse with the right perks and add-ons and what not work super well.

but other killers dont work that well at all. but in general, the casual players who play killer are just.. overwhelmed with how little time they have to do kill anyone.

playing survivor, when ever i do that, feels a lot less.. stressful.

that and of course the most obvious: everytime i either win or lose as a killer i get flamed. i never flame people when i play survivor, im respectful. but i get flamed, every single time as a killer.

• Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604

Not until people realized that on High Ranked only very few killers are viable, and yet there still people thinking Killers like LF/ Pig/ Myer is fine on Rank 1. Sure you can still get 3/4k but it doesn't mean they are balanced and does not need any buffs

• akbays35
    akbays35 Member Posts: 1,123

I usually tell the killer they did a good job if they played well or give them advice if they played badly. I don't run toxic perks, I don't play toxic but i do troll sometimes (mostly tbagging at pallets during break animations but I don't loop the killer forever I try to rush to different parts of the map and run at him and do 360's or something more entertaining). For me camping < survivor toxicity cause killers sometimes need at least 1 kill so they don't derank or to get some points, survivors body block, flashlight stun, 4 man ds strikes, and stuff like that make me pissed off to play killer. I do get salty about facecamping directly as letherface players though that does seem like a bm, but I get more salty if my team mates are just crouching near him and not doing gens or anything.

• Tsulan

@ACoolName said:
    @Tsulan

I've met some really nice people on this forum. Some helped me out, some I had great conversations with, some memed with me.
    There are some really nice people out there, in this community.
    I just want everybody to feel welcomed. You know the game Warframe?
    It's famous for it's great community. A community that HELPS out it's newest members.
    Here? STRAP ON THE PERKS TO GET THE ADEPT ACHIEVEMENT! / BNP TIME!
    The very core of the community is rotten, and people refuse to change it.
    Unless severe punishment is handed to toxicity, This game will always have a "biased side". People need to play both sides, not equally, the best ratios is 75:25.
    I know you don't really want a "Walk in the park " game. I know you want a real FAIR chanllege. most people on these forums do.
    The first step lies within us. Not the devs. If The community heals, trust me....You'll see threads about balance that have little t no bias.
    Want to fix the game? Fix it along the community.

I doubt that we can fix the community, when bullying the killer is normal, but a camping killer is considered toxic.

• Tsulan

@Tsukirose31 said:

@Tsulan said:

@Tsukirose31 said:

@Tsulan said:

@Tsukirose31 said:

@Tsulan said:

@Tsukirose31 said:

@Orion said:

Vicious cycle.

May i correct yourself?

I never said all.

I've only made it to Rank 1 as survivor survivor. I'm a horrible killer and know it. But I still can see it from both sides. I watch streams on youtube, no one big, and can see it from the killer side due to that. I also know I've gotten toxic messages playing both survivor and killer. I don't camp or tunnel as killer and I'll still get a nasty message from a survivor because they died. I've gotten messages from killers just because they couldn't catch me, no pallet looping for flashlights, they were just swinging at the wrong time. I'm just one of those people that treats people, whether irl or through electronics, how I would want to be treated. Guess it's just that simple for me.

Please, take your time and try to rank up killer only. Doesn´t matter if it takes 1 or 3 months. Just do it.
    Watching a streamer and experiencing it first hand are not the same things.

• Tsukirose31

@Tsulan said:

@Tsukirose31 said:

@Tsulan said:

@Tsukirose31 said:

@Tsulan said:

@Tsukirose31 said:

@Tsulan said:

@Tsukirose31 said:

@Orion said:

Vicious cycle.

May i correct yourself?

I never said all.

Please, take your time and try to rank up killer only. Doesn´t matter if it takes 1 or 3 months. Just do it.
    Watching a streamer and experiencing it first hand are not the same things.

I get it's not the same thing. The reason I don't play killer is I don't find it enjoyable. Has nothing to do with toxicity or anything like that. It's just not my cup of tea. I've gotten almost all my killers ranked up and all that. I just feel like, for me, playing survivor is more entertaining for me as a player than killer. But you're right. I should try ranking up with killer at least once. Maybe I'll set aside the next season to just play killer. I think the highest rank I've made on killer is 13 during an event. Put my killer fighting gloves on XD

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

my 2 cents

• RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD, SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    edited July 2018

@thesuicidefox said:

@Orion said:

Anytime someone says anything about improving something for survivors, killers get all REEEEE and say stuff like "YOU ARE ENTITLED". That is literally the argument every killer main resorts to if they can't provide substantial counter points. Fact is, survivor has some stuff that sucks too. Do killers need to be stronger? Yes, but that doesn't mean survivors don't need a better experience too.

I play both sides I want the best game there is. I want less BS for killers AND survivors, yet anytime I make a point about BS survivors have to deal with all I get is "YOU ARE BEING ENTITLED" which is not only wrong but just a pathetic attempt to derail actual conversation. Killers are being entitled thinking they are the only ones that deserve any sort of change for the better, and the only things survivors should get are nerfs and punishments. THAT is entitlement, to think only you and your side matter or deserve things the other side doesn't.

Again, there's a difference between BS Survivors have to deal with that annoys them, and BS Survivors have to deal with that's unbalanced. Survivors would rather complain about the former than the latter, whereas Killers would rather complain about the latter than the former.

Little known factoid: to the best of my knowledge, I was the first person to suggest a nerf to A Nurse's Calling, way back when its range was the same size as a default Terror radius, because I recognized having a perk without any way to counter it was unbalanced. When the same is said of Self Care, Decisive Strike, pallet looping, SWF, Borrowed Time, Sprint Burst, gen rush, flashlights, and so on, Survivors flip their #########.

Killers aren't the only ones who deserve changes for the better, but they have to deal with a lot more unbalanced ######### than Survivors, who mainly have to deal with annoying ######### (camping being the main one). Furthermore, the things that annoy Survivors are usually things they themselves created (again, camping being the best example) by being entitled.

Very rarely do I see Survivors actually acknowledging proven balance issues with the game for the Killers' side, whereas I rarely see Killers denying balance issues with the game for the Survivors' side. I see more Killers suggesting nerfs to Killers than I do Survivors suggesting nerfs for Survivors.

You can sit there and spout bothsiderism until you're blue in the face, but the fact remains, both sides are not equal in their complaints. They never have been.

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428
    Sehkmet said:

Wont SOMEBODY PLEASE think of the children ?

I love you forever just for this post. 
  • Orion

@Tsukirose31 said:

@Orion said:

Vicious cycle.

Killers feel they are entitled to the power role promised to them in this asymmetrical game.
    Survivors feel they are entitled to the power role promised to the other side in this asymmetrical game.

The two sides are not equal.

• Orion
    edited July 2018

The fact that you believe camping and "tunneling" are balance issues says all I need to know about your understanding of the game.

• Dragonredking
    Dragonredking Member Posts: 874
    edited July 2018

@ACoolName said:
    @Tsulan
    I just want everybody to feel welcomed. You know the game Warframe?
    It's famous for it's great community. A community that HELPS out it's newest members.

I'm a Limbo main and most of the time get name called the second I join a game just because I dare to play Limbo
    Just because some people are trash at playing him or use him to be a dick
    So I'm going to have to disagree on the "great community" part

• Orion

@AsePlayer said:

@Orion said:
    The fact that you believe camping and "tunneling" are balance issues says all I need to know about your understanding of the game.

The fact that you responded this way says all I need to know about your comprehension of the post

I understood it just fine. Bothsiderism is very appealing to those unwilling to see that, sometimes, one side really is worse than the other.

• Orion

@powerbats said:

@Orion said:

The fact that you use that lame ass excuse proves his point that anytime a survivor or anyone posts something that some killer mains disagree with they resort to insults. Both camping and tunneling are gameplay issues resulting from how the game is designed.

The killer has to tunnel and or camp because of lopping etc. The survivor has to do those things because they can''t really lose the killer and od an evade style of hide and seek because of map design etc. No one is going to take you seriously unless and until you and the other stop resorting to insults because you can't debate.

Tunneling is not a thing; it's called playing smart, going after the weakest link, taking out the easy target. Asking Killers to play stupidly is not reasonable.
    Camping is a Survivor-created problem with a Survivor-created solution. Survivors reward camping by hook rushing or otherwise halting all progress.
    Looping is not used to win a chase. It's used as a means to waste the Killer's time with minimal risk to the Survivor, and has no gameplay counter other than playing a single Killer.

The two sides are not equivalent.

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

Why would I want peace when the war is so damn fun ?

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

@AsePlayer said:

@Orion said:

The fact that you responded this way says all I need to know about your comprehension of the post

Yep. It's dismissive. "Killers need buffs therefore there is absolutely no problems playing survivor." No, both sides need a fix.

• Orion

@thesuicidefox said:

@AsePlayer said:

@Orion said:

Yep. It's dismissive. "Killers need buffs therefore there is absolutely no problems playing survivor." No, both sides need a fix.

Wrong. The argument is "Killer are in need of buffs for balance purposes more than Survivors are in need of solutions to their problems, therefore balance should take priority over Survivor issues". Do you think it's unreasonable to focus on the big problem instead of solving small issues that would further tilt the game in the Survivors' favor?

• Orion
    edited July 2018

@Mr_Jay_Stark said:
    In my opinion I honestly think it started when the community started separating themselves calling themselves “killer mains” and “survivor mains” if people would just call themselves “fellow fog travelers “ or “deadites” because the game is meant to be played on BOTH sides and when everyone plays BOTH sides people will start to know the issues of this game and come to agreements

Time for a history lesson.

The titles were not always self-imposed. Anyone who dared say anything about Killer issues or nerfing Survivors was deemed a "Killer main", and anyone who dared say anything about Survivor issues or nerfing Killers was deemed a "Survivor main". On this forum, people are labeled based on profile pictures.

• Mr_Jay_Stark
    Mr_Jay_Stark Member Posts: 539
    Orion said:

@Mr_Jay_Stark said:
    In my opinion I honestly think it started when the community started separating themselves calling themselves “killer mains” and “survivor mains” if people would just call themselves “fellow fog travelers “ or “deadites” because the game is meant to be played on BOTH sides and when everyone plays BOTH sides people will start to know the issues of this game and come to agreements

Time for a history lesson.

The titles were not always self-imposed. Anyone who dared say anything about Killer issues or nerfing Survivors was deemed a "Killer main", and anyone who dared say anything about Survivor issues or nerfing Killers was deemed a "Survivor main".

You know I actually get that quiet often I could be playing survivor and talk about the balance issues and how hard it is to be a killer and I get called a “killer main” and I shut those people down and say no I just want some balance and a challenge to being a survivor 
  • Orion

@Mr_Jay_Stark said:
    You know I actually get that quiet often I could be playing survivor and talk about the balance issues and how hard it is to be a killer and I get called a “killer main” and I shut those people down and say no I just want some balance and a challenge to being a survivor 

As it was with most people, but at one point you just shut it out. No point in arguing with those people.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

@Orion said:
    "Killer are in need of buffs for balance purposes more than Survivors are in need of solutions to their problems, therefore balance should take priority over Survivor issues".

This is like the DEFINITION of entitlement dude. "Because our side has more problems we need all the attention". Again, just completely dismissive of survivor issues to favor one side.

• Orion

@thesuicidefox said:

@Orion said:
    "Killer are in need of buffs for balance purposes more than Survivors are in need of solutions to their problems, therefore balance should take priority over Survivor issues".

This is like the DEFINITION of entitlement dude. "Because our side has more problems we need all the attention". Again, just completely dismissive of survivor issues to favor one side.

Answer the question. Do you think it's unreasonable to focus on the big problem instead of solving small issues that would further tilt the game in the Survivors' favor?