Nerf keys

13»

Comments

• OogieBoogie
    OogieBoogie Member Posts: 190

They're both in need of fixing. Stop using moris to excuse other broken things like keys.

And for the love of god stop suggesting Franklin's. They can easily pick the key back up when they need it and standing guard over it means you won't be guarding gens so it's a loss either way. If they're really smart they'll just hide the key somewhere and go back for it when the hatch spawns. Franklin's isn't a counter to keys.

• UlvenDagoth
    UlvenDagoth Member Posts: 3,535

I've had people do that. Drop the key in a corner then go back for it later. I saw them do it though, so it ended badly for them... but otherwise that would have sucked.

• ClaudettesUncle
    ClaudettesUncle Member Posts: 29

Keys aren't broken, you have to actually work for it. You probably know when the hatch is spawning, so you need much more effort in doing generators, instead of just hooking one survivor and just tunnel them to death to get an easy game, which is just unfun and boring to play against. 

Moris after second hook would be balanced and actually fair, so the killer has to put some effort in it, like survivor do with the keys. 

Did you even try to use Franklins? Its very simple, remember who got the key and try to bait them in a area, where they cant recognize the direct place and its of course very easy to just pick up the key at maps like shelter woods 😂

At all, the broken aspect between this two cant be compared at all and i highly hope for an mori nerf. 

So I experienced that the killer usually tunnels the injured person after the unhook to get an easy game.

By this silly logic keys should be usable for each survivor after 1 gen. Sounds dump? Yeah so do the current moris.

• OogieBoogie
    OogieBoogie Member Posts: 190

"Keys aren't broken, you have to actually work for it."

No, you have to do what you'd already be doing if you didn't have a key. You just get to skip part of your objective, same as moris.

"and its of course very easy to just pick up the key at maps like shelter woods 😂"

Yes? Why wouldn't it be? Just use the tree as a reference for the center of the map and the killer shack as "north". Then you can always remember where you are relative to the tree and get back to the key. The killer can't patrol gens AND keep you from picking up the key. Even if the key is in the middle of the gens all you have to do is wait for them to chase someone then go for it.

• survivormain1105
    survivormain1105 Member Posts: 327

Ebony is unfair because the killer can just go straight for the hook person and then kill instantly 4times. If he killed someone before the 1st gen is done. Then 3 ppl have to do 5 gens. Rinse and repeat. Until everyone is dead. And you must be dense, you are the first that I have read to say that ebony is fair.

Keys are just another part of the game that change up the normal game play

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

"so you need much more effort in doing generators"

No, you don't. At the absolute most, you need the same amount of effort as what it would take to power the Exit Gates. And that is assuming everything has gone well enough for the Survivors that you don't need the Key to escape. If you intend to use the Key to leave without finishing all the gens, you need less effort overall in doing generators because you need to do less generators to escape. That is the whole problem.

"Moris after second hook would be balanced and actually fair, so the killer has to put some effort in it, like survivor do with the keys."

While I don't necessarily disagree with moris after second hook (to a point), the equivalent of that for Keys would be only being able to open the Hatch after all the gens are done because in both instances, you have basically already finished your objective and are just using an alternate method of closing things out with only minimal benefit compared to normal (killing after second hook means you play around DS, and opening the Hatch after the gens are done means you save the team about 20 seconds of opening the Gates).

"Did you even try to use Franklins? Its very simple, remember who got the key and try to bait them in a area, where they cant recognize the direct place and its of course very easy to just pick up the key at maps like shelter woods 😂"

Maybe this will work against potatoes, but against decent Survivors, Franklin's doesn't do much to stop Key plays, if anything at all. At most, you would probably catch them off-guard for a bit when they realize you have Franklin's. Then they just remember where the Key is for future reference.

"At all, the broken aspect between this two cant be compared at all and i highly hope for an mori nerf."

They absolutely can because they both share the same core problem: They both cut down on the amount of progress needed to win the game by a substantial amount with no extra effort needed or downsides to compensate.

"By this silly logic keys should be usable for each survivor after 1 gen. Sounds dump? Yeah so do the current moris."

I'm not arguing that the current Moris are okay because I do not think they are. You are preaching to the choir here.

• UlvenDagoth
    UlvenDagoth Member Posts: 3,535

I takes 10 hits to break a key with Franklin's. Literally no one will let you hit them 10 times holding the same key. THey will leave it on the ground then come back for it later. I've had people do this.

Stop saying Franklin's is the counter to keys. It literally does nothing other than making them drop it to come back for later, if they even let you hit them with it in there hand. They can just go put it in a corner and remember where.

• EAisHonest
    EAisHonest Member Posts: 29

Franklins is a counter. Keys are fine. Cant expect a 4k every game. its not like people bring a key every single game...

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

Franklin's is not a counter. Keys are not fine IMO.