New app like MLGA has SWF detection

Comments

• pauloandrade22
    pauloandrade22 Member Posts: 697

@Mc_Harty said:

@pauloandrade22 said:
    fair as in fair to win(not bullshit games where you only win if they want you to).

Which is about as subjective as a survivors opinion on camping.

At least the gen rushing one can't be subjective logically (gens in 7/6 or less mins (and im being fair with the minutes too)).

• pauloandrade22

@Orion said:

@Mc_Harty said:

@pauloandrade22 said:
    fair as in fair to win(not bullshit games where you only win if they want you to).

Nope. In DbD, if a Survivor and Killer of comparable skill and knowledge go up against each other, the only way the Killer wins is if the Survivor makes mistakes. This is well known to be true, but some will deny it vehemently. It's also a major problem with game balance.

unless its nurse.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@pauloandrade22 said:

@Orion said:

@Mc_Harty said:

@pauloandrade22 said:

Nope. In DbD, if a Survivor and Killer of comparable skill and knowledge go up against each other, the only way the Killer wins is if the Survivor makes mistakes. This is well known to be true, but some will deny it vehemently. It's also a major problem with game balance.

unless its nurse.

The Nurse is only good because Survivors refuse to use her counters and treat her like any other Killer. Against Survivors who know what they're doing, she's as weak as any other Killer.

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293

@Orion said:

...I meant whenever or not they rage at campers...

Not about skill or winning.

• pauloandrade22

@Orion said:

@pauloandrade22 said:

@Orion said:

@Mc_Harty said:

@pauloandrade22 said:

unless its nurse.

The Nurse is only good because Survivors refuse to use her counters and treat her like any other Killer. Against Survivors who know what they're doing, she's as weak as any other Killer.

The problem is that gen repairing is too short at the moment. And DS(kill it). And stalling.

• Orion

@Mc_Harty said:

@Orion said:

What you quoted was a complaint about fairness in games. Did you even read what you quoted?

• pauloandrade22

@Mc_Harty said:

@Orion said:

In all fairness all killers should be like the nurse in the sense that once she sees you you are ######### and you'd need to use mindgames and cleverness to outwit them.

• Mc_Harty
    edited August 2018

@Orion said:

What you quoted was a complaint about fairness in games. Did you even read what you quoted?

Did you?

I said being fair is subjective in a game like this. There are many people that want some really stupid stuff to be put into this game simply because they think it's fair. I compared that to whether or not survivors tolerate being camped or not, because just like what is fair in this game, is also completely subjective.

• Orion

@Mc_Harty said:

@Orion said:

Did you?

I said being fair is subjective in a game like this. There are many people that want some really stupid stuff to be put into this game simply because they think it's fair. I compared to whether or not survivors tolerate being camped or not, because just like what is fair in this game, is also completely subjective.

And I explained why "fair" is not subjective with an example.

• Mc_Harty

@pauloandrade22 said:
    In all fairness all killers should be like the nurse in the sense that once she sees you you are ######### and you'd need to use mindgames and cleverness to outwit them.

I would much rather them be like Billy, then the Nurse tbh and for the developers to fix the maps.

• Mc_Harty

@Orion said:

No you didn't lol.

You explained that the games balanced is #########. We already knew that from day one.

• pauloandrade22

@Mc_Harty said:

@pauloandrade22 said:

I would much rather them be like Billy, then the Nurse tbh and for the developers to fix the maps.

Fair enough( pun intended).

I just dislike stalling and DS BS. The rest is fine as is. If i lose it was not due to stalling or DS it was because they were better than me.

• Orion

@Mc_Harty said:

@Orion said:

No you didn't lol.

You explained that the games balanced is #########. We already knew that from day one.

Which makes it objectively unfair.

• Mc_Harty
    edited August 2018

@Orion said:

Of course.

But what would make it fair is completely subjective to the individual.

• pauloandrade22

@Mc_Harty said:

@Orion said:

Of course.

But what would make it fair is completely subjective to the individual.

Can we agree that if a killer is better than the survivor the killer should have a big chance to get them at least?

• Mc_Harty

@pauloandrade22 said:
    Can we agree that if a killer is better than the survivor the killer should have a big chance to get them at least?

Of course they should.

• pauloandrade22
    edited August 2018

@Mc_Harty said:

@pauloandrade22 said:

Of course they should.

THANK YOU. because thats the unfair part of the game. Being better than the survivor but they won(escape) because planks or certain stalling places or DS BS( the worst one)

• Mc_Harty
    edited August 2018

@SovererignKing said:
    Congratulations, you’ve done nothing but proved how ignorant, hypocritical, and down right childish you are.

Yet you keep ######### replying.

Must be for the brownie points.

You speak of entitlement, yet what entitles Survivors to easier games when they click SWF instead of playing solo? What’s the justification they get to force a handicap match on the Killer? “I have and want to play with friends. Therefore, you are forced to play a handicap match against us.” THAT is entitlement.

And if you're done lecturing me about how survivors are entitled, you can see that I never claimed they weren't.

You however obviously are.

The Survivors who play SWF have absolutely no  justification for forcing a handicap match on a Killer. Therefore, it is completely within the Killers right to decline a forced handicap match. The Survivor’s lack of justification is they feel entitled to a handicap match just because they are friends and want to play together. Survivors are NOT entitled to an easier match because they want to play with friends instead of randoms. 

You keep repeating this ######### as if I argued that they were justified.

You should get your eyes checked.

Killers are completely justified in dodging a lobby.

Not if you're doing it for easier lobbies.

You are not justified to a win because you play killer.

As for the 3rd party program mentioned in this thread, you, nor anyone else has the right to tell Killers they are bad for using it if they so wish. Survivors use voice comms. Survivors use MLGA. Survivors use a plethora of their own 3rd party programs to make the game easier themselves. 

LOL you're argument has devolved from both sides that use 3rd party programs are bad to it's only bad if the survivors use 3rd party programs.

Keep being a hypocrite. You've shown your true colours now.

To sit there and call Killers entitled is hypocrisy, if not a flat out lie. SWF are the ones who are entitled. The developers are currently trying to empower solo Survivors to be on par with information equal to that of SWF, then buff Killers to compensate. 

I didn't call killers entitled.

Just you.

Last time I check you don't represent all killers.

Your ignorance is astounding really. “I don’t care about balance.” Then why are you even here? Why are the developers even bothering to try to “bridge the gap” between solo and SWF? Face it, SWF is not fine. Forcing a Killer into a handicap match isn’t fine. Dodging for SWF isn’t dodging for “easy” matches. It’s dodging for fair and balanced matches. Learn the difference between the two. 

Cherry picking too. You have so many hobbies.

I said that you aren't justified to win, no matter the state of balance in the game. The fact that you ignored the context of what comes after that, shows your maliciousness.

Also, I never once said I personally dodge. I even stated in my very first post I don’t care and do whatever. Thanks, for once again putting words into my mouth. I said Killers, meaning other Killers, if they so wish, have the right to use this program, have the right to dodge, and are justified in doing so. I don’t like it, you don’t like it. Deal with it. 

Yeah but your are still not justified in dodging because the matches are challenging.

And even if you didn't do that #########, why did you accuse me of calling killers chicken #########?

Why did you imply I was a survivor main?

Then you started to claim I don't care about balance for some ######### reason.

If you don't dodge, then you are quite clearly salty over a 4 line comment saying that no one is justified to a win.

It's almost like you do exactly what I accused you of... dodging lobbies for easy matches.

Lastly, caring about Rank is quite normal. Just because you don’t, and many don’t, does not mean nobody does. Do not sit there and pretend like your ideology on Rank applies to everyone. That’s plain arrogance. 

So is shoving your bullshit down my throat because I didn't agree with one line with what you said.

And rank doesn't mean anything. You play long enough, you'll come to that conclusion too.

Here’s some more advice, kid. Grow up and think before you type. Knock it off with the stupid childish memes. Learn to have a civilized discussion instead of tossing [BAD WORD] around left and right like a smart ass.
    My first post was hardly “flip out”. If you think that’s “flipping out” then you’ve seen nothing yet.

Oh no.

I can't wait to see what happens if I keep saying #########.

Also who are you to dictate what I can and can't say on this forum. I think it's you who needs to grow up and realize that not everyone agrees with your soap opera.

You were right about one thing : This is embarrassing. You’re embarrassing the hell out of yourself for your ignorance, hypocrisy, arrogance, and childish behavior.  

You seriously need a therapist.

Post edited by Mc_Harty on
  • lyric
    lyric Member Posts: 611
    Mc_Harty said:

@SovererignKing said:
    Congratulations, you’ve done nothing but proved how ignorant, hypocritical, and down right childish you are.

Yet you keep [BAD WORD] replying.

You speak of entitlement, yet what entitles Survivors to easier games when they click SWF instead of playing solo? What’s the justification they get to force a handicap match on the Killer? “I have and want to play with friends. Therefore, you are forced to play a handicap match against us.” THAT is entitlement.

And if you're done lecturing me about how survivors are entitled, you can see that I never claimed they weren't.

The Survivors who play SWF have absolutely no  justification for forcing a handicap match on a Killer. Therefore, it is completely within the Killers right to decline a forced handicap match. The Survivor’s lack of justification is they feel entitled to a handicap match just because they are friends and want to play together. Survivors are NOT entitled to an easier match because they want to play with friends instead of randoms. 

As for the 3rd party program mentioned in this thread, you, nor anyone else has the right to tell Killers they are bad for using it if they so wish. Survivors use voice comms. Survivors use MLGA. Survivors use a plethora of their own 3rd party programs to make the game easier themselves. 

LOL you're argument has devolved from both sides that use 3rd party programs are bad to it's only bad if the survivors use 3rd party programs.

To sit there and call Killers entitled is hypocrisy, if not a flat out lie. SWF are the ones who are entitled. The developers are currently trying to empower solo Survivors to be on par with information equal to that of SWF, then buff Killers to compensate. 

Just you.

Your ignorance is astounding really. “I don’t care about balance.” Then why are you even here? Why are the developers even bothering to try to “bridge the gap” between solo and SWF? Face it, SWF is not fine. Forcing a Killer into a handicap match isn’t fine. Dodging for SWF isn’t dodging for “easy” matches. It’s dodging for fair and balanced matches. Learn the difference between the two. 

I said that you aren't justified to win, no matter the state of balance in the game. The fact that you ignored the context of what comes after that, shows your maliciousness.

Also, I never once said I personally dodge. I even stated in my very first post I don’t care and do whatever. Thanks, for once again putting words into my mouth. I said Killers, meaning other Killers, if they so wish, have the right to use this program, have the right to dodge, and are justified in doing so. I don’t like it, you don’t like it. Deal with it. 

Yeah but your are still not justified in dodging because the matches are challenging.

And even if you didn't do that #########, why did you accuse me of calling killers chicken #########?

Then you started to claim I don't care about balance for some [BAD WORD] reason.

If you don't dodge, then you are quite clearly salty over a 4 line comment saying that no one is justified to a win.

It's almost like you do exactly what I accused you of... dodging lobbies for easy matches.

Lastly, caring about Rank is quite normal. Just because you don’t, and many don’t, does not mean nobody does. Do not sit there and pretend like your ideology on Rank applies to everyone. That’s plain arrogance. 

So is shoving your bullshit down my throat because I didn't agree with one line with what you said.

And rank doesn't mean anything. You play long enough, you'll come to that conclusion too.

Here’s some more advice, kid. Grow up and think before you type. Knock it off with the stupid childish memes. Learn to have a civilized discussion instead of tossing [BAD WORD] around left and right like a smart ass.
    My first post was hardly “flip out”. If you think that’s “flipping out” then you’ve seen nothing yet.

Oh no.

I can't wait to what happen if I keep saying [BAD WORD].

Also who are you to dictate what I can and can't say on this forum. I think it's you who needs to grow up and realize that not everyone agrees with your soap opera.

You were right about one thing : This is embarrassing. You’re embarrassing the hell out of yourself for your ignorance, hypocrisy, arrogance, and childish behavior.  

Where are the mods at? This is starting to get a little crazy
  • Mc_Harty

@lyric said:

I have no idea. At this point I just want this to end.

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930
    edited August 2018

@Someissues said:

Where do you download this? Please link

they aren't going to blacklist MLGA, so this is perfectly fine

Look for it in the battered killers shelter.

• Jack11803

@Orion said:

@Might_Oakk said:
    OP offended a mods buddy. This is why you don't have community members as mods on official forums...

Yeah, it's not that OP was infamous for trolling in every thread under the sun.

I had over 100 flags and no response. Morf joins the forum and apparently I’m guilty of personal attacks. From a month before he joined... yeah

• Orion

@Jack11803 said:

@Orion said:

@Might_Oakk said:
    OP offended a mods buddy. This is why you don't have community members as mods on official forums...

I had over 100 flags and no response. Morf joins the forum and apparently I’m guilty of personal attacks. From a month before he joined... yeah

Is a cop not allowed to arrest you for stuff that happened before he joined the force, if there's an ongoing investigation?

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@lyric said:
    Mc_Harty said:

@SovererignKing said:

Yet you keep [BAD WORD] replying.

Just you.

Then you started to claim I don't care about balance for some [BAD WORD] reason.

Oh no.

I can't wait to what happen if I keep saying [BAD WORD].

Mods dont wanna read wall of texts, tbh I am lost too stopped reading when it escalated :lol:

• Jack11803
    edited August 2018

@Orion said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Orion said:

@Might_Oakk said:

Is a cop not allowed to arrest you for stuff that happened before he joined the force, if there's an ongoing investigation?

There was a huge debacle on what to do with “false flagging” I never broke the rules once. In fact the person I was talking to got banned appropriately a DAY after it happened, meaning a moderator saw what I said and even deemed it okay. Later flags got removed. A month later I’m told I could get banned for personally attacking someone who personally attacked me

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

@Jack11803 said:

There was a huge debacle on what to do with “false flagging” I never broke the rules once. In fact the person I was talking to got banned appropriately a DAY after it happened, meaning a moderator saw what I said and even deemed it okay. Later flags got removed. A month later I’m told I could get banned for personally attacking someone who personally attacked me

Hey is that where you have been? I haven't seen too much from you recently and you used to be a main presence on here. The ban candy is getting out of control. Some maybe deserved some out grudges and others out napoleon syndrome. Either way good to see a post from you again.

• Jack11803

@fcc2014 said:

@Jack11803 said:

Hey is that where you have been? I haven't seen too much from you recently and you used to be a main presence on here. The ban candy is getting out of control. Some maybe deserved some out grudges and others out napoleon syndrome. Either way good to see a post from you again.

Kept ya waiting, huh?

• JammyJewels
    JammyJewels Member Posts: 611

SWF detection, if it were to be implemented officially, would most likely lead to more killers deciding to dodge lobbies and would choose to wait for longer times just to have potentially easier matches. No one can really detect if the killer is a notorious camper and is just a matter of the situation, the player, etc. Camping is disliked due to how unfun it is. SWF is more liked due to the fact that the survivors in the group are having fun with their friends. It's not fun on the killer's end when those survivors are OChido wannabees that decide to bully the killer.

I don't think I've ever seen an objective based SWF group, aside from the days of 4 Gens instantly popping with the old 'Brand New Part' toolbox add-on.

• fcc2014

@Jack11803 said:

Kept ya waiting, huh?

Went from seeing you highly active to pulling a Dwight in a locker. Thought you got targeted by a mod.

• JammyJewels

@Jack11803 said:

@fcc2014 said:

@Jack11803 said:

Kept ya waiting, huh?

I missed seeing your green text. Nice to see you've come out of your closet.

• CryptoHighwind
    CryptoHighwind Member Posts: 4

@Lowbei said:
    It detects and auto closes the lobby if any SWF joins.

If they arent going to blacklist MLGA, then they cant blacklist this either.

If they have a problem with this one, then I guess refusing to blacklist a known 3rd party app that affects gameplay like MLGA was a bad call.

Got a Name and /or Link to that? For Research purposes mind you, mingling with steam profiles sounds shifty and i wanna look into that so noone gets banned.

• Greater_Cultist
    Greater_Cultist Member Posts: 81

@Lowbei said:

If they have a problem with this one, then I guess refusing to blacklist a known 3rd party app that affects gameplay like MLGA was a bad call.

1. Name?
    2. Is it blacklisted yet?
    3. Link please?
  • fcc2014

@CryptoHighwind said:

@Lowbei said:

Got a Name and /or Link to that? For Research purposes mind you, mingling with steam profiles sounds shifty and i wanna look into that so noone gets banned.

The OP got banned probably for something ridiculous or a grudge from a new mod. Contact him through his twitch Lowbei and he can answer it.

• Jack11803

@JammyJewels said:

@Jack11803 said:

@fcc2014 said:

@Jack11803 said:

Kept ya waiting, huh?

I missed seeing your green text. Nice to see you've come out of your closet.

The sanctity of a locker is to never be doubted!

• ChraizE
    ChraizE Member Posts: 232

Just tried to get it going, it's not even a simple thing. It's complicated and has a process. I hate crap like this where people talk about how great it is but fail to let people know it's not user friendly and people will likely not use it because it's a pain in the butt to install.

• fcc2014

Bump to keep the post alive!

• Skorpanio
    Skorpanio Member Posts: 605

Oh the post is still going...
    Didin't expect that out of our community...

JK ofc I did bcs noone in this fng world knows what ADAPT means!
    Looks like I've had my fun here, it's time to move on bois.

• fcc2014

@chemical_reject said:
    Bump because I like seeing this on the front page. 

me too! I also like chaos, and feel people seeing the op's name in some way brightens their day.

• chemical_reject
    chemical_reject Member Posts: 940
    fcc2014 said:

@chemical_reject said:

me too! I also like chaos, and feel people seeing the op's name in some way brightens their day.

Yea I like seeing the OPs name. I want a WWLD bracelet (What Would Lowbei Do)
  • powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

It's nice to see you active again @Jack11803 you've always got a witty response to brighten the day. As for this thread it's sad how bad this has become and those that download the program will probably come to regret it.

• JammyJewels

@Jack11803 said:

@fcc2014 said:

@Jack11803 said:

The sanctity of a locker is to never be doubted!

Observe Dwight in his natural habitat

Now all we need is the picture used for Jebb during the stream. I now seriously want to be a mod just so I can use that one pic.

That picture was perfect.

• fcc2014

@chemical_reject said:

me too! I also like chaos, and feel people seeing the op's name in some way brightens their day.> @chemical_reject said:

fcc2014 said:

@chemical_reject said:

Yea I like seeing the OPs name. I want a WWLD bracelet (What Would Lowbei Do)

WWLD for every post

• slingshotsurvivor
    slingshotsurvivor Member Posts: 943
    First question: What is this mlga thing?
    Second: Why cheat in a game?
    I don't get cheaters in general but it's a game. Are people that desperate to feel good about themselves in front of others? What am I missing? 
  • lyric
    lyric Member Posts: 611
    First question: What is this mlga thing?
    Second: Why cheat in a game?
    I don't get cheaters in general but it's a game. Are people that desperate to feel good about themselves in front of others? What am I missing? 
    It’s not really cheating it’s just for people who refuse to play against certain teams or players, I tried to argue that dodging any lobby with a good ping was wrong and deserves a time ban for wasting others time loading into their lobby  but they disagreed , everyone is entitled to their opinion I suppose and if there’s nothing in the game preventing them from dodging or using programs to avoid things then they can do as they please and that’s the way it goes.
  • fcc2014

Bump wwld

• Jack11803

Honestly, if I see a toolbox I dodge the lobby... if I see a flashlight I dodge the lobby, if I see a Jake I dodge the lobby, if I see a Claudette I dodge the lobby. If I DON’T see 4 Dwight’s I dodge the lobby.

This discussion has been closed.