New app like MLGA has SWF detection

Comments

• pauloandrade22
    pauloandrade22 Member Posts: 697

@powerbats said:
    @pauloandrade22

Don't worry about the English it's all good and most of the time we get what you're trying to say. My point partially is that some killers use voice as an excuse for every loss or swf for every loss when it might be them.

So you get 1 swf group of 2 and 2 solo's ina match and get spanked so it's obviously swf and voice that was the issue. It obviously couldn't have been the killer playing badly and or any combination of the following. The map rng sucked, the survivors were just more efficient as in they didn't make mistakes.

The killer didn't go with the best killer for the lobby and or perks and instead went with their favorite killer/build. The killer was using a low played killer for a daily which happens a lot on both sides. But if any of the above things happen it's never the killers fault but instead it was obviously a 4 man sfw.

I've been in solo q and had killers bashing survivors saying full 4 man swf losers you cheat etc after not getting 1-4k. This despite the fact that everyone was solo q and had joined separately by 5-15 seconds+ each. It's always something else if it isn't a 4k game instead of you just got outplayed, you chose to protect that totem over all else etc.

I've had matches where a killer knows where their hex totem is and will defend it and never leave it's area even while all 5 gens are done. In post game chat they'll say well you were bullying me or you're swf etc etc but it wasn't ehir refusal to budge that was the issue.

That's not to say that voice and swf causes problems since they do but it's not going to change so killers need to stop complaining about it. Instead you should be putting that wasted brain power into thinking of ways to improve it. Why not try coming up with ideas on how to fix things and then break down the pro's and cons of each idea.

Once you do that then think of how to overcome any issues and then check the fixes to see what problems those might have. I've yet to see the majority of the complainers do anything other than say nerf this, it's cheating etc.

I've posted several ideas on how to help killers and then broke down pro's and cons and ways to improve, some ideas were good and some just wouldn't work out. But at least when confronted by the issues i try and offer solutions instead of complaining on the forums about how unfair it is.

I know and i respect you (although i disagre with what you say sometimes).

My problem is that THOSE squads literally bully you (especially in the in game chat and i know how it feels to be bullied and its horrible).

My last SWF squad with those teams that i remember (aside from the PTSD leather face one in badham) was them following me around, doing gens and me just hiiting them and click click X 100 for many loops. Until the last gen kicked in and HEX:NOED triggered and 3 maned right there and the last one thought that i was a bad killer and tried to loop me at the exit only to give me the 4 man. ( i dont remember the chat but i think i sayed sarcastically "thanks for the 4 man").

Its not that killers refuse to improve im up and i appreciate tips and new builds to play around with( i love the hag mains for one those dudes/girls have 8000 iq for example)
    I literally Categorically refuse to be Ebullied without deserving it to boot.

An advice for all both sides for this forum. Respectifully disagree ,but dont insult. If the other insults respond with no insult . Be better than the insulters

• pauloandrade22

@Hillbilly420 said:
    Is anyone going to name this mythical program or did the OP just troll everyone into believing this is real?

Hes the ultimate troll.

• JammyJewels
    JammyJewels Member Posts: 611
    I once played SWF.

I died. And then again, and then again. It just showed me I prefer to play solo.
  • ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    I once played SWF.

I died. And then again, and then again. It just showed me I prefer to play solo.
    Thee only time i survived in SWF was against a poor Billy. We all ran No Mither and Up the Ante as a meme and the poor guy did not know what to do. 

Aside from meme squads i only play solo.
  • Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

@SovererignKing said:
    What a ######### show of a thread. Survivors dog piling in here to point the finger at Killers when they did/do the same thing with MLGA, to block pings so they can dodge known Nurse Mains and the such. Just like the pathetic Survivors on PS4 that use the PSN app to dodge me. 

Evey match on ps4 is basically against SWF as it takes one guy 30 seconds, at best, to invite every Survivor in the lobby to party chat. Bring your tool boxes, flashlights, whatever. 

I dont bother to dodge because even if I lose, I know 80% of the time that those losses are not my fault, and I wasn’t “bad”. It’s the same busted game mechanics, same perks, same voice comm advantage, same bad balance, that caused my loss. 20% of the time, yeah, I ######### up and made mistakes. I’ll admit when a loss is my own fault, and I’ll call bullshit where it lays. Simple as. 

I’ll take my victory’s as I get them now, and just wait for the developers to finally figure out to fix the game mechanics that cuck me. 

Fact is - killers can already see who is in the lobby, if they need an auto detect for SWF then they need to consider playing a different game because all this proves to me is that you're bad at the game if you need every bit of info before the match starts.

and i've seen killers use MLGA to mark survivors who tbag/are better than them so they can tunnel/mori or dodge. It works both ways.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@Skorpanio said:
    What a stupid app lol.
    Made just for SWF lobbies?

I'm not saying that the app is bad in any way, but seriously you can get just as good if not better at countering SWF groups with some good ol' regular practise!

"What a stupid app"
    "I'm not saying that the app is bad in any way"

Pick one.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    edited August 2018

SWF is unfair, but killers have builds that can be quite OP. Myers with DL, Ruin, PWYF, Whispers, and infinite tombstone can body any survivor group, SWF or not, so long as he gets some decent RNG and the team isn't prepared for EXACTLY that build.

• cetruzzo
    cetruzzo Member Posts: 323

so name of the app? link? is this real or a troll post?

• Orion

@cetruzzo said:

OP is banned. I'm surprised nobody's realized that for the past several pages.

• Mr_Jay_Stark
    Mr_Jay_Stark Member Posts: 539
    Orion said:

@cetruzzo said:

OP is banned. I'm surprised nobody's realized that for the past several pages.

It’s a strange day when both OP and epic are both gone  :)
  • Skorpanio
    Skorpanio Member Posts: 605

@Orion said:

"What a stupid app"
    "I'm not saying that the app is bad in any way"

Pick one.

Hmmmm...
    Hard choice.

'Stupid' bcs I don't thinks it's necessary

And then I'm simply trying to get people NOT to go full ham on the comment by simply saying that I'm not against it.

But yes, I think it's stupid!

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@pauloandrade22 said:

@powerbats said:

@ChraizE said:
    This app is a must for killers! Screw those swf jerks don't let them use coms just so they can make fun of you post match even though they were cheating. Link it to everyone!!!

Good grief the whininess is astounding, the decs have said it's not cheating so therefore it's not cheating. Now before you say anything killers use the devs said camping is a legit strat to defend it. So if the devs have said it's ok it is and therefore isn't cheating.

But go ahead and use a software that isn't allowed and get that ban, I'm sure you'll feel so much better having to use that. Instead of doing the same as @Master and dodging on his own if he wants.

It gets tiring after the 5th time of checking the profiles and then leaving. If i did not want to throw 40€ worth of content i would use MLGA. But not this new application. who knows what viruses and similar it has.

You dont need to check profiles, I dont do that anymore.
    Just dodge the lobby if too many survivors join at the same time, sure it might hurt some solo guys if they are unlucky and join at the same time, but as long as devs refuse to highlight SWF players, thats not my fault

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@SovererignKing said:
    What a ######### show of a thread. Survivors dog piling in here to point the finger at Killers when they did/do the same thing with MLGA, to block pings so they can dodge known Nurse Mains and the such. Just like the pathetic Survivors on PS4 that use the PSN app to dodge me. 

Evey match on ps4 is basically against SWF as it takes one guy 30 seconds, at best, to invite every Survivor in the lobby to party chat. Bring your tool boxes, flashlights, whatever. 

I dont bother to dodge because even if I lose, I know 80% of the time that those losses are not my fault, and I wasn’t “bad”. It’s the same busted game mechanics, same perks, same voice comm advantage, same bad balance, that caused my loss. 20% of the time, yeah, I ######### up and made mistakes. I’ll admit when a loss is my own fault, and I’ll call bullshit where it lays. Simple as. 

I’ll take my victory’s as I get them now, and just wait for the developers to finally figure out to fix the game mechanics that cuck me. 

I honestly dont understand why you still play this game if the situation truely is that bad on PS4

• JammyJewels
    JammyJewels Member Posts: 611
    I don't see how SWF is so bad. In all of my games as a solo survivor it's a SWF that nets me the win due to the fact they distract the killer so much. Solo survivors can be just as badly toxic as some SWF groups. I find it funny how altruistic these groups can be... But, honestly, if you can't take on a co-ordinated group you'd have no chance in tournaments. Or in a competitive ranked setting... Oh wait.
  • pauloandrade22

@lyric said:
    Master said:

@pauloandrade22 said:

@powerbats said:

@ChraizE said:

This app is a must for killers! Screw those swf jerks don't let them use coms just so they can make fun of you post match even though they were cheating. Link it to everyone!!!

Good grief the whininess is astounding, the decs have said it's not cheating so therefore it's not cheating. Now before you say anything killers use the devs said camping is a legit strat to defend it. So if the devs have said it's ok it is and therefore isn't cheating.

But go ahead and use a software that isn't allowed and get that ban, I'm sure you'll feel so much better having to use that. Instead of doing the same as @Master and dodging on his own if he wants.

It gets tiring after the 5th time of checking the profiles and then leaving. If i did not want to throw 40€ worth of content i would use MLGA. But not this new application. who knows what viruses and similar it has.

Just dodge the lobby if too many survivors join at the same time, sure it might hurt some solo guys if they are unlucky and join at the same time, but as long as devs refuse to highlight SWF players, thats not my fault

Why should they? They said they want the game centered around that type of play, I totally can’t wait for them to implement  punishments for lobby dodging good ping. Killers will sit here and complain about veteran survivor players going against noobs but will lobby dodge and cherry pick a lobby with no items, no prestige, and nobody at all joining together. It’s really a load of garbage that if I put on prestige clothing with a flashlight I might as well not even look for a game unless I last second switch and then they’re gonna dc anyways. Anyone who’s good at this game doesn’t need to dodge anyone and it’s laughable people still make excuses after the devs already stated this is the way they want it.

So anyone who is good at being Ebullied will play with you? .

Nice try but we are adults and we undestand the common social pressure tactics.

So get dodged more. Its for the best.

• lyric
    lyric Member Posts: 611

@lyric said:
    Master said:

@pauloandrade22 said:

@powerbats said:

@ChraizE said:

Why should they? They said they want the game centered around that type of play, I totally can’t wait for them to implement  punishments for lobby dodging good ping. Killers will sit here and complain about veteran survivor players going against noobs but will lobby dodge and cherry pick a lobby with no items, no prestige, and nobody at all joining together. It’s really a load of garbage that if I put on prestige clothing with a flashlight I might as well not even look for a game unless I last second switch and then they’re gonna dc anyways. Anyone who’s good at this game doesn’t need to dodge anyone and it’s laughable people still make excuses after the devs already stated this is the way they want it.

So adults cry about playing with a group and dodge because they can’t beat who’s in front of them? Even when the developers want it played that way and said it on a live stream recently I guess to you that’s still a problem 
  • pauloandrade22

@lyric said:
    pauloandrade22 said:

@lyric said:

Master said:

@pauloandrade22 said:

@powerbats said:

@ChraizE said:

So adults cry about playing with a group and dodge because they can’t beat who’s in front of them? Even when the developers want it played that way and said it on a live stream recently I guess to you that’s still a problem 

I can beat them. Thats not the issue. I get bullied whilst beating them ( more often than not they beat themselves anyways) . Il still think it was a horrible experience and dodge them.

Do you think i go into games to be Ebullied and harrased after it? ######### that. Il just dodge and not play with them at all.

But nice attempt at social pressure tho. Thank god i know that tactic.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

@lyric said:
    pauloandrade22 said:

@lyric said:

Master said:

@pauloandrade22 said:

@powerbats said:

@ChraizE said:

Devs want the survivors to bully the killers?
    That´s a bold statement to say the least.

• lyric

@lyric said:
    pauloandrade22 said:

@lyric said:

Master said:

@pauloandrade22 said:

@powerbats said:

@ChraizE said:

I can beat them. Thats not the issue. I get bullied whilst beating them ( more often than not they beat themselves anyways) . Il still think it was a horrible experience and dodge them.

Do you think i go into games to be Ebullied and harrased after it? [BAD WORD] that. Il just dodge and not play with them at all.

It’s not social pressure at all, that’s not my intention. If they harrass you afterwards report them, @Peanits already proved in another thread they take it seriously and will implement bans. If you get bullied in game that’s on you, not saying I’ve never been bullied as a killer because that’s a lie but I know people who are good enough to not get bullied and make them pay for attempting to do so.
  • lyric
    Tsulan said:

@lyric said:
    pauloandrade22 said:

@lyric said:

Master said:

@pauloandrade22 said:

@powerbats said:

@ChraizE said:

No they want the game centered around SWF team style play and you know that’s what I meant and anyone who watches the streams know 
  • pauloandrade22

@lyric said:
    pauloandrade22 said:

@lyric said:

pauloandrade22 said:

@lyric said:

Master said:

@pauloandrade22 said: @powerbats said: @ChraizE said: This app is a must for killers! Screw those swf jerks don't let them use coms just so they can make fun of you post match even though they were cheating. Link it to everyone!!! Good grief the whininess is astounding, the decs have said it's not cheating so therefore it's not cheating. Now before you say anything killers use the devs said camping is a legit strat to defend it. So if the devs have said it's ok it is and therefore isn't cheating. But go ahead and use a software that isn't allowed and get that ban, I'm sure you'll feel so much better having to use that. Instead of doing the same as @Master and dodging on his own if he wants. It gets tiring after the 5th time of checking the profiles and then leaving. If i did not want to throw 40€ worth of content i would use MLGA. But not this new application. who knows what viruses and similar it has. You dont need to check profiles, I dont do that anymore. Just dodge the lobby if too many survivors join at the same time, sure it might hurt some solo guys if they are unlucky and join at the same time, but as long as devs refuse to highlight SWF players, thats not my fault

Do you think i go into games to be Ebullied and harrased after it? [BAD WORD] that. Il just dodge and not play with them at all.

It’s not social pressure at all, that’s not my intention. If they harrass you afterwards report them, @Peanits already proved in another thread they take it seriously and will implement bans. If you get bullied in game that’s on you, not saying I’ve never been bullied as a killer because that’s a lie but I know people who are good enough to not get bullied and make them pay for attempting to do so.

If i get bullied in game that's not on me its on the bullied dude. Unless i say come and bully me of course. This thought process is said tactic. I not saying have the intention to do it per se.

Its like when i was in school . The bullies tried to bully me and i kicked their asses. That does not mean A: they are innocent because i failed to avoid them or B: that by kicking ass that their bullying is fine as well.

In DBD sometimes its a hard loss other times a win. Its still a horrible experience. So i dodge them without regret.

And its for the best .

• pauloandrade22
    edited August 2018

@lyric said:
    Tsulan said:

@lyric said:

pauloandrade22 said:

@lyric said:

Master said:

@pauloandrade22 said: @powerbats said: @ChraizE said: This app is a must for killers! Screw those swf jerks don't let them use coms just so they can make fun of you post match even though they were cheating. Link it to everyone!!! Good grief the whininess is astounding, the decs have said it's not cheating so therefore it's not cheating. Now before you say anything killers use the devs said camping is a legit strat to defend it. So if the devs have said it's ok it is and therefore isn't cheating. But go ahead and use a software that isn't allowed and get that ban, I'm sure you'll feel so much better having to use that. Instead of doing the same as @Master and dodging on his own if he wants. It gets tiring after the 5th time of checking the profiles and then leaving. If i did not want to throw 40€ worth of content i would use MLGA. But not this new application. who knows what viruses and similar it has. You dont need to check profiles, I dont do that anymore. Just dodge the lobby if too many survivors join at the same time, sure it might hurt some solo guys if they are unlucky and join at the same time, but as long as devs refuse to highlight SWF players, thats not my fault

No they want the game centered around SWF team style play and you know that’s what I meant and anyone who watches the streams know 

Unfortunatelly SWF team style play is most of the time the style of that who shall not be named so i just dodge.

• SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273
    Master said:

@SovererignKing said:

I honestly dont understand why you still play this game if the situation truely is that bad on PS4

Honestly, because I don’t care anymore. I don’t play nearly as much as I used to. Usually after a big update and new content, I Get to Rank 1 on both sides, then regulate myself to doing dailies only. Just to see if anything substantial has actually changed. Usually that a no, same old same old. Survivor is piss easy and boring, Killer is a frustrating nightmare of tea bagging and cocky Survivors who run meta perks and Gen Rush. I Got to from Rank 14 to Rank 1 Survivor with No Mither, Urban Evasion, We’ll Make It, and Iron Will in about 1 week. Took me 2 1/2 weeks to get to Rank 1 Killer running the standard meta perks of Ruin, BBQ, Ect. On Killer. Admittedly I played more Clown than any Killer but I tried them all. 

Same old bullshit of “Looped till Daylight”. I’d hop on Nurse now and then just to keep myself from getting too rusty. Though it was appalling that, once again, when you hit the red ranks as Killer, it’s Loop and Gen Rush out the ass. Never saw so many purple mechanics toolboxes and BNP’s before. Even post nerf of the BNP. (BNP is fair now to me, it’s fair for the fact it’s an ultra rare.) Though it’s still the same old crap of Survivor has it way too easy with just the base game mechanics being far too easy on them and far too forgiving. They still don’t need items, still don’t need the meta perks they use. I literally made it hard as hell on myself as a Survivor and still only took me a week or a little over a week to reach Rank 1. 

DBD is not competitive because the developers just stroke Survivors off with balancing the game toward Survivors who suck, to give them a chance. Platform be damned really. PS4 just gets more ######### than PC due to playing Killer is a drag. FPS drops with at best 30 FPS, poor optimization, using controller, Survivor being easier to control with a controller, every match is vs. a voice comm team, ect. 

Reason i’ll still play is because I stopped caring if I lose as Killer for the most part. As I said, I know 80% of my losses aren’t my fault. It’s just the game is that easy for Survivors that when hey go full tilt and make few mistakes, they’ve nothing to worry about except a good Nurse. Doesn’t matter how skilled the Killer, if they dont ######### up a ######### ton, they win. Just how it works when you get coddled by the developers. 
  • lyric
    edited August 2018
    Tsulan said:

@lyric said:
    Tsulan said:

@lyric said:

pauloandrade22 said:

@lyric said:

Master said:

The devs gave in to survivors lobby dodging, so they could play with their friends. Thus creating SWF.
    They created a monster and don´t know how to balance it. SWF makes it incredible easy to coordinate around the killer and effectivly bully him.

Now over 70% of all matches contain SWF (probably way more, since they haven´t released any new data).
    Devs struggle to balance the game around SWF. So they started to give all survivors more information. Like those icons that tell you that NOED is active. Or Huntress Lullaby. Those things were meant to give solo survivors the same information as SWF teams. But in doing so, they made the game way easier for survivors. Since you don´t need to pay attention anymore. You just look at what warning icons are active and play accordingly. This was a huge mistake.

Now they want to give all survivors inbuild Kindred. This will be a huge thing. Since solo survivors will not only be as coordinated as SWF, but SWF will also have a better control about who is closest to unhook. It will result it gen rushs. Since survivors won´t leave the gen to check the hook.

SWF has been OP since forever. Now giving all survivors the power of SWF won´t exactly make the life of killers easier. Only the life of survivors. Which hasn´t been exactly hard to begin with.

This game is tagged as a HORROR game, but it has more in common with the NASCAR simulator than with a Horror game or movie.

I agree with most of what you said, my point is that the devs have now geared towards THIS direction and that’s what they’ve announced live to everyone, I’m just saying if or when they do get dedicated servers I can’t wait for them to implement time bans on lobby dodgers, people on here are condoning it and  it happens to me high ranked solo playing all the time because they assume swf and don’t know for sure so I end up waiting forever for a match at times only to start right over , if this is part of the game and the direction they are going in , then lobby dodging a good ping shouldn’t be an option and I’ve played solo majority of my time anyway it feels more real like it’s intended in my personal preference , my problem is I feel like I do worse in swf because I’m overly altruistic in situations I should go away in, like camping for example, if you get a good killer who decides to hard camp because bbq didn’t light up if you were for some reason just already in the area when the hook happens , the best option is to do gens , but if I’m with my friends I’m having fun and I run borrowed time and we’ll make it together anyway so I’ll go for it and laugh if I go down, I’m not gonna  let it ruin my day because I made a bad choice, I’m here to have fun win or lose.
  • pauloandrade22

@lyric said:
    Tsulan said:

@lyric said:

Tsulan said:

@lyric said:

pauloandrade22 said:

@lyric said: Master said:

@pauloandrade22 said:    @powerbats said:    @ChraizE said:    This app is a must for killers! Screw those swf jerks don't let them use coms just so they can make fun of you post match even though they were cheating. Link it to everyone!!!        Good grief the whininess is astounding, the decs have said it's not cheating so therefore it's not cheating. Now before you say anything killers use the devs said camping is a legit strat to defend it. So if the devs have said it's ok it is and therefore isn't cheating.    But go ahead and use a software that isn't allowed and get that ban, I'm sure you'll feel so much better having to use that. Instead of doing the same as @Master and dodging on his own if he wants.        It gets tiring after the 5th time of checking the profiles and then leaving. If i did not want to throw 40€ worth of content i would use MLGA. But not this new application. who knows what viruses and similar it has.        You dont need to check profiles, I dont do that anymore.    Just dodge the lobby if too many survivors join at the same time, sure it might hurt some solo guys if they are unlucky and join at the same time, but as long as devs refuse to highlight SWF players, thats not my fault

Why should they? They said they want the game centered around that type of play, I totally can’t wait for them to implement  punishments for lobby dodging good ping. Killers will sit here and complain about veteran survivor players going against noobs but will lobby dodge and cherry pick a lobby with no items, no prestige, and nobody at all joining together. It’s really a load of garbage that if I put on prestige clothing with a flashlight I might as well not even look for a game unless I last second switch and then they’re gonna dc anyways. Anyone who’s good at this game doesn’t need to dodge anyone and it’s laughable people still make excuses after the devs already stated this is the way they want it. So anyone who is good at being Ebullied will play with you? . Nice try but we are adults and we undestand the common social pressure tactics. So get dodged more. Its for the best.

The devs gave in to survivors lobby dodging, so they could play with their friends. Thus creating SWF.

They created a monster and don´t know how to balance it. SWF makes it incredible easy to coordinate around the killer and effectivly bully him.

Now over 70% of all matches contain SWF (probably way more, since they haven´t released any new data).

Devs struggle to balance the game around SWF. So they started to give all survivors more information. Like those icons that tell you that NOED is active. Or Huntress Lullaby. Those things were meant to give solo survivors the same information as SWF teams. But in doing so, they made the game way easier for survivors. Since you don´t need to pay attention anymore. You just look at what warning icons are active and play accordingly. This was a huge mistake.

Now they want to give all survivors inbuild Kindred. This will be a huge thing. Since solo survivors will not only be as coordinated as SWF, but SWF will also have a better control about who is closest to unhook. It will result it gen rushs. Since survivors won´t leave the gen to check the hook.

SWF has been OP since forever. Now giving all survivors the power of SWF won´t exactly make the life of killers easier. Only the life of survivors. Which hasn´t been exactly hard to begin with.

This game is tagged as a HORROR game, but it has more in common with the NASCAR simulator than with a Horror game or movie.

I agree with most of what you said, my point is that the devs have now geared towards THIS direction and that’s what they’ve announced live to everyone, I’m just saying if or when they do get dedicated servers I can’t wait for them to implement time bans on lobby dodgers, people on here are condoning it and  it happens to me high ranked solo playing all the time because they assume swf and don’t know for sure so I end up waiting forever for a match at times only to start right over , if this is part of the game and the direction they are going in , then lobby dodging a good ping shouldn’t be an option and I’ve played solo majority of my time anyway it feels more real like it’s intended in my personal preference , my problem is I feel like I do worse in swf because I’m overly altruistic in situations I should go away in, like camping for example, if you get a good killer who decides to hard camp because bbq didn’t light up if you were for some reason just already in the area when the hook happens , the best option is to do gens , but if I’m with my friends I’m having fun and I run borrowed time and we’ll make it together anyway so I’ll go for it and laugh if I go down, I’m not gonna  let it ruin my day because I made a bad choice, I’m here to have fun win or lose.

If and when( it wont) happens many killers will just play survivor or leave the game entirelly. You'd kill the game with that.

• lyric

@lyric said:
    Tsulan said:

@lyric said:

Tsulan said:

@lyric said:

pauloandrade22 said:

@lyric said: Master said:

@pauloandrade22 said:    @powerbats said:    @ChraizE said:    This app is a must for killers! Screw those swf jerks don't let them use coms just so they can make fun of you post match even though they were cheating. Link it to everyone!!!        Good grief the whininess is astounding, the decs have said it's not cheating so therefore it's not cheating. Now before you say anything killers use the devs said camping is a legit strat to defend it. So if the devs have said it's ok it is and therefore isn't cheating.    But go ahead and use a software that isn't allowed and get that ban, I'm sure you'll feel so much better having to use that. Instead of doing the same as @Master and dodging on his own if he wants.        It gets tiring after the 5th time of checking the profiles and then leaving. If i did not want to throw 40€ worth of content i would use MLGA. But not this new application. who knows what viruses and similar it has.        You dont need to check profiles, I dont do that anymore.    Just dodge the lobby if too many survivors join at the same time, sure it might hurt some solo guys if they are unlucky and join at the same time, but as long as devs refuse to highlight SWF players, thats not my fault

Why should they? They said they want the game centered around that type of play, I totally can’t wait for them to implement  punishments for lobby dodging good ping. Killers will sit here and complain about veteran survivor players going against noobs but will lobby dodge and cherry pick a lobby with no items, no prestige, and nobody at all joining together. It’s really a load of garbage that if I put on prestige clothing with a flashlight I might as well not even look for a game unless I last second switch and then they’re gonna dc anyways. Anyone who’s good at this game doesn’t need to dodge anyone and it’s laughable people still make excuses after the devs already stated this is the way they want it. So anyone who is good at being Ebullied will play with you? . Nice try but we are adults and we undestand the common social pressure tactics. So get dodged more. Its for the best.

If and when( it wont) happens many killers will just play survivor or leave the game entirelly. You'd kill the game with that.

So you think preventing lobby dodging would kill the game? 
  • pauloandrade22

@lyric said:
    pauloandrade22 said:

@lyric said:

Tsulan said:

@lyric said:

Tsulan said:

@lyric said: pauloandrade22 said:

@lyric said:    Master said:

Why should they? They said they want the game centered around that type of play, I totally can’t wait for them to implement  punishments for lobby dodging good ping. Killers will sit here and complain about veteran survivor players going against noobs but will lobby dodge and cherry pick a lobby with no items, no prestige, and nobody at all joining together. It’s really a load of garbage that if I put on prestige clothing with a flashlight I might as well not even look for a game unless I last second switch and then they’re gonna dc anyways. Anyone who’s good at this game doesn’t need to dodge anyone and it’s laughable people still make excuses after the devs already stated this is the way they want it.        So anyone who is good at being Ebullied will play with you? .    Nice try but we are adults and we undestand the common social pressure tactics.    So get dodged more. Its for the best.

So adults cry about playing with a group and dodge because they can’t beat who’s in front of them? Even when the developers want it played that way and said it on a live stream recently I guess to you that’s still a problem  Devs want the survivors to bully the killers? That´s a bold statement to say the least.

i think so yeah. I at least would never play killer again.

• Orion

@lyric said:

People will not play a game if you force them when they have the option to leave. Let's not pretend you believe otherwise.

• lyric
    Orion said:

@lyric said:

People will not play a game if you force them when they have the option to leave. Let's not pretend you believe otherwise.

Well in other competitive games it is that way and they have all kinds of players that consistently play, I’m honestly shocked you’ve never heard of a game doing it before it’s very common actually, I just believe that unless the ping is bad you shouldn’t dodge but that’s just my opinion, I just know I don’t do it  but people can all have their own opinions, I just feel like people who dodge items or groups are just cherry picking what they feel is easy to beat. 
  • Orion

@lyric said:
    Well in other competitive games it is that way and they have all kinds of players that consistently play, I’m honestly shocked you’ve never heard of a game doing it before it’s very common actually, I just believe that unless the ping is bad you shouldn’t dodge but that’s just my opinion, I just know I don’t do it  but people can all have their own opinions, I just feel like people who dodge items or groups are just cherry picking what they feel is easy to beat. 

Which games have punishment for lobby dodging (not DCing, mind the difference)?

• lyric
    Orion said:

@lyric said:

League of legends, heroes of the storm, overwatch, and paladins are four I can name right off the top of my head but I’m sure I could find more if I looked
  • Orion

@lyric said:
    League of legends, heroes of the storm, overwatch, and paladins are four I can name right off the top of my head but I’m sure I could find more if I looked

I play HotS, and I know it only has a punishment for lobby dodging because "lobbies" happen primarily in ranked mode and what it calls "unranked" (where you can draft teams), meaning people can waste 5-10 minutes just picking their characters and then not get into a game. I hardly think that's comparable to dodging a lobby in DbD, where queue times are shorter than 5 minutes unless you play at very high or very low ranks.

• lyric
    Orion said:

@lyric said:

I play HotS, and I know it only has a punishment for lobby dodging because "lobbies" happen primarily in ranked mode and what it calls "unranked" (where you can draft teams), meaning people can waste 5-10 minutes just picking their characters and then not get into a game. I hardly think that's comparable to dodging a lobby in DbD, where queue times are shorter than 5 minutes unless you play at very high or very low ranks.

Well I guess I need to quit getting rank one then because it happens a lot on PS4 , if everyone in the lobby has an item they always dodge it seems like. I would be totally fine with swf being apart of a casual game mode where you can play solo or with friends and choose whatever items and perks you want like KYF  but playing non ranked and the killer can choose whatever they want ( no insta heals, no BNP,  insta down, or ebony mori)  because playing with swf makes rank pointless and cherry picking your victims makes the killers rank worthless as well.
  • Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

@Orion said:

@Might_Oakk said:
    OP offended a mods buddy. This is why you don't have community members as mods on official forums...

Yeah, it's not that OP was infamous for trolling in every thread under the sun.

Forums will be a better place without him tbh :)

• pauloandrade22

@lyric said:
    Orion said:

@lyric said:

they are all Symetrical games (both teams are equal) so there is a big difference.

The devs know that the trick is not to punish dodging versus SWF but to make it rewarding playing versus SWF(or at least somewhat fun).

• Orion

@pauloandrade22 said:
    The devs know that the trick is not to punish dodging versus SWF but to make it rewarding playing versus SWF(or at least somewhat fun).

That's the trick for everything, but some people are too limited and only think in terms of punishment, even though they know it doesn't work.

• pauloandrade22

@Orion said:

@pauloandrade22 said:

That's the trick for everything, but some people are too limited and only think in terms of punishment, even though they know it doesn't work.

Probably. I think they think the devs are policemen/woman who's job is to maintain the law and punish lawbreakers by putting them in jaild tho.

(Game)Devs are essentially creators of fun for the fun of others(and to get lots of money too understandibly). If you force people to engage in unfun activities in game people will leave them . I for one dislike shooters because they are so many copies of the same game and its boring (unfun) AF.

• ChraizE
    ChraizE Member Posts: 232
    edited August 2018

@powerbats said:

@ChraizE said:

I don't care what the devs said about SWF to majority killers it goes without saying that using voice coms in a match as survivor is flat out cheating point blank period end of discussion.

“That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.” – Christopher Hitchens.

Your opinion doesn't make it fact so then now this would be the end of the discussion. Since you can't claim camping is okay because the devs say it is.Then turn around and say voice comms is cheating because you don't like they say it isn't. That's hypocrisy at it's finest so since they've said it isn't it's ok.

You can scream, cheating till your blue in the face it won't make it true or a fact.

Just because the devs say it isn't cheating doesn't make it a "fact" either mate. You think the devs word is gospel? They barely even play this game anyway it's a commonly shared opinion that voice coms gives an unfair advantage (aka cheating) because if the survivors were meant to communicate with each other via microphone they would have implemented it in game which your precious devs even said themselves the game was NOT designed for such an experience. It's not hypocrisy at all plenty of people will gladly back the claim, everybody knows it gives the survivors bond on steroids and negates blindness so a number of addons become useless along with perks like Third Seal and Knock out. Oh but the "devs said it wasn't cheating" [insert bored face here]. Perhaps you should go back in the pages and read up how many people have said more or less the same thing I just did? It's not a secret, it's common knowledge, most of us feel like this regardless of your opinion :)

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

Few things to not copy every post.

1. While those games are symmetrical both teams are not evenly managed since draft or random games you can get unbalanced teams. So when that happens people dodge the lobbies all the time because they don't like the teams. If someone gets their champ picked or banned they'll dodge the lobby as well. Whether it's ranked or unranked this happens.

2. If PS4 is so toxic then that's something that needs to be handled via either Sony (fat chance unless you wave money in front of them) or BHVR. I do agree there needs to be a way to get Sony and Xbox to change how they run things with the blocking.

3. Dedicated servers would help big time at least for pc and you could start implementing lobby dodging penalties. No killers won't stop playing here and if they do survivors will swap over for faster queues. I do wonder if dedicated servers would allow console users to bypass Sony and Xbox services beyond login.

That way they wouldn't be able to be blocked from playing against people and wouldn't know until post game lobby. I mean they could still enable chat blocking to popup post game lobby as well as profile blocking for comments.

4.I'll add to this later when my brain gets less foggy from being dehydrated and I'll change this one and add others.

• pauloandrade22

@powerbats said:
    Few things to not copy every post.

1. While those games are symmetrical both teams are not evenly managed since draft or random games you can get unbalanced teams. So when that happens people dodge the lobbies all the time because they don't like the teams. If someone gets their champ picked or banned they'll dodge the lobby as well. Whether it's ranked or unranked this happens.

2. If PS4 is so toxic then that's something that needs to be handled via either Sony (fat chance unless you wave money in front of them) or BHVR. I do agree there needs to be a way to get Sony and Xbox to change how they run things with the blocking.

3. Dedicated servers would help big time at least for pc and you could start implementing lobby dodging penalties. No killers won't stop playing here and if they do survivors will swap over for faster queues. I do wonder if dedicated servers would allow console users to bypass Sony and Xbox services beyond login.

That way they wouldn't be able to be blocked from playing against people and wouldn't know until post game lobby. I mean they could still enable chat blocking to popup post game lobby as well as profile blocking for comments.

4.I'll add to this later when my brain gets less foggy from being dehydrated and I'll change this one and add others.

As long as they add a rule that says " you can dodge high pings and SWF groups of any kind i am satisfied.

• Twix
    Twix Member Posts: 235
    Why was @Lowbei banned? LUL
  • Grey87
    Grey87 Member Posts: 346
    edited August 2018

OP forgets one thing.
    MLGA doesn't interfere in the game like this new app or whatever.

PS:
    Go ahead and use it if it works.
    I don't really like playing against cowards anyway. Most of em suck and it's boring.

• ArthurFiNCHr
    ArthurFiNCHr Member Posts: 78

You need to be such a poosee to use that, like literally if you feel you are not good enough to play DBD sometimes with group of people, i would say " Maybe just play something else? "

This discussion has been closed.