This forum is so biased towards killers

Options

Comments

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
    Options

Just as much as survivors want 4 escapes. I mean who doesnt WANT to win?

But wanting to win, and expecting/thinking you deserve it, are two different things.

• Divinitye9
    Divinitye9 Member Posts: 392
    Options

This game is highly competitive (although it’s not supposed to be), and one side will ALWAYS claim unfairness on the other. This is just how competition works.

You see a lot of killers here (myself included) because they are still nursing wounds from a very harsh nerfbat swing. So, naturally, they are going to be very vocal for awhile. Don’t think that survivors aren’t here barking about how killers are unbalanced as well. I have actually seen more complaining from the survivor end the last few months than I have killers (till ruin got crushed).

Why are we angry? We are angry because many of us get pushed into games that are lopsided to begin with. We want to choose a killer to play and have fun with, and some maps are strictly not very well balanced for all killers. Yes, we all hear “pressure gens more”, but some killers simply flat out lack the mobility to carry out such a task. This brings frustration on our end. Downing someone with DS LONG after they got off of the hook is just flat out annoying, especially if you weren’t tunneling to begin with. The sounds for survivor cries are still bugged... issues that have plagued us for months, and nothing. More and more is thrown on the pile, and many of us are fed up with it.

Dont you worry though, once the next round of survivor nerfs inevitably come, you’ll all be on here bitching up a storm. We will simply sit back with a bowl of popcorn and watch the explosion.

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255
    Options

Vocal minority. 100 killers could have fine games and then go back to their daily life after a night of slaying, but one or two may post on the forums.

I know it seems like a constant barrage, but killers and survivors have always been at each others throats. It's nothing new, only the subject headlines change.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,653
    Options

I actually play 50/50. It is a choice I made before joining the Forums.

Survivors are definitely too good right now. 5 minute games aren't fun for anyone, especially after sitting in a ten minute queue.

• Talmeer
    Talmeer Member Posts: 1,520
    Options

I don't think it is wrong if someone is a survivor or killer main, as long, as he don't lie about it. So wheres your problem thread starter?

Besides, I as example as killer main have not ask for survivor nerfs *trys to remember... no*. Sure I have sometimes say that I am bored by the one or other thing or see it as toxic, but that doesn't mean that it need to be nerfed. It just means that xyz is boring for me or toxic in my eyes.

Also I have ask for survivor perk-buffs.

Does that now destroy your view on the world, if a killermain asks for survivor perk buffs (even if it is for I need to admit selfish reasons)?

But I need to admit, I see here a lot killer nerf threads from time to time... Just to be baity too :P... :).

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,036
    Options

Why would you think that for some reason only killer mains utilize the forums? Assuming your statement is correct, why wouldnt the other 80% of the playerbase utilize the forums?

• Helevetin_nopee
    Helevetin_nopee Member Posts: 408
    Options

How about those games where it takes 3 minutes for 4 gens to pop?

• Nemmy_Wemmy
    Nemmy_Wemmy Member Posts: 800
    Options

For real lol, im getting these tomes done fast as crap, im doing solo queue survivor for these btw, but ive done all the escape tome challenges now.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    Options

I’m a survivor main, since you “know”, prove my statement wrong.

• yeosin
    yeosin Member Posts: 13
    Options

Killers: complains about survivors pre-sabotaging hooks

Devs: changes that so they cant

Killers: still complains about the new sabotage changes

Survivors: well whatever

---------------------------------

I dont see alot of sabotaging hooks going on much honestly (from the games i play) most of the time i play against killers that camp, tunnel, dc, or they slug the last two because they want their 4k badly i guess. And if your a good player which i feel somewhat confident in being and you run a killer 3-4 gens sometimes 5 and they are committed on getting you when they finally get you they face camp you and hit you till you die and if your team gets you off hook your just tunneled because they are upset that you ran them for so long or they bring a mori and they go after you for your cheeks lol and wont mori anyone else. Look i will get out of about 70% of my matches but half the time ill just break even or ill pip sometimes depip even though ive done half the gens got chased for 1-2 gens saved maybe one or two times and then and did a few totems it doesn't bother me if i lose or win i only get mad if my teammates are some potatoes or if the killer is a complete jerk sometimes but its funny then i move on to my next game and get over it and thats that. You dont need a 4k every game and us as survivors dont need to escape every game it just all depends on skill, maps, perks, and the person or people your going against

• LordGlint
    Options

In all fairness with the sabo changes... All the new sabo really did there was remove the requirement to presabo hooks. Hooks can be saboed fast enough for the action to be done before a killer can finish a hit cooldown animation.

• yeosin
    yeosin Member Posts: 13
    Options

Yea true but then again me personally from the games i play i rarely see anyone saboing hooks

• oh_0k
    oh_0k Member Posts: 712
    Options

Ha nice joke Im legit dying from laughter over here!

• underlord99
    underlord99 Member Posts: 1,030
    Options

devs have already stated not to use those stats. your argument is invalid.

• LordGlint
    Options

Considering its only out on the PTB atm... Not just that, but I'd like things to be balanced based off potency rather than popularity. A survivor, without perks affecting anything, can run faster than a killer carrying someone. If they just run to whatever hook a killer is carrying someone, they WILL be fast enough to sabo. At that point, the only thing the killer can do is drop the survivor and start a new chase, while hoping unbreakable isnt in play.

I'd be more inclined with the new sabo is power is shifted abit. I know right now saboed hooks respawn FAST (I think like 20 seconds), meaning the only value of sabo is when its done in the killers face.What if we increased the time required to sabo a hook to about 5-6 seconds as opposed to where it currently is on the PTB, but increased the time the hooks stay gone so a survivor buddy can effectively drop a hook or 2 ahead of time. I'm not against a sabo playstyle in general, I just feel like this version on the PTB needs some tweeking to make it fair for the killer while still powerful if done right.

10:45 is an example where even though a survivor had no plan ahead of time, they still got the sabo in in exchange for being hit a single time.

• DetectiveBingBong
    DetectiveBingBong Member Posts: 67
    Options

What a foolish notion. If all it took was whining on our part, DS, DH, BT, UB and so many other perks would be nerfed. And to address that other guy, we don't all want 4ks every game. I just want some fun and a challenge, instead of flashlights, tbags and getting punished for playing the game I love. I'm sick of being told "lol ur trash" by people who the game essentially hand delivers victory. If I hook all four and one gets away because deliverance, that person shouldn't think "haha outplayed git gud" they should think "phew, barely got out of that one. Good game." I think the real issue is that you survivors have lost your fear and the horror aspect has been lost.

• DetectiveBingBong
    DetectiveBingBong Member Posts: 67
    Options

Also, why should Killers settle for 2ks or 3ks? Our goal is for no one to escape. Your goal is to get out alive. Is it unreasonable for you to want to escape every game, then?

• CosmicParagon
    CosmicParagon Member Posts: 1,070
    Options

A counterpoint for you:

This is DEAD by daylight. The game should be balanced where escaping is rare and a 4-man escape is unheard of. If you want a game where you win with no effort, go play Flee the Facility on Roblox

• FluorescentLemon
    FluorescentLemon Member Posts: 257
    Options

Since the devs certainly aren't going to throw Killers any ######### bones in the actual game you might as well let us have the forums

• Talmeer
    Talmeer Member Posts: 1,520
    Options

The game forces even killers to 3-4k if they like to rank up. A 2k just lets your stay on your current rank.

Not saying that ranking up is a good idea, that said. From 20-5 its fun. After 5 you running in sweaty games with no end in sight imo.

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    Options

Want a hard does of truth? If you can not even reach rank 1 as a killer, you are just not as good as you think you are. It is true that ranking up as survivor is definitly not as "hard" as for killer, but it really does not matter to much afterall. I have not played any video game ever where it is that easy to reach best rank. Playing killer on red rank is about as hard as playing LoL on Silver level.

• senki527
    senki527 Member Posts: 275
    Options

loool perfect example of biased killer thinking. thx for prooving us right, that killers want easy 4k every game.

• OrangeJack
    OrangeJack Member Posts: 464
    Options

I don't understand people who find playing as survivor difficult. With the game's speed, individually you're barely forced to 'loop' at all. You know the main skill curve of being a survivor. And what little looping there is nowadays, consisting of abusing the same strong loops, pallet camping etc. No real thought.

Currently, alot of survivor red ranks are just generator engineers.

• memiieko
    memiieko Member Posts: 187
    Options

These forums are killer-biased because they talk more? Just don't listen to all the babies and only care about killers complaining with some platform to stand on, not some stupid: nerf survivor >:(((( bs but I get why they complain, I too am a killer main who believes that there's a lot to complain about but I don't think the game is ages away from somewhat balance

• Elk
    Elk Member Posts: 2,267
    Options

I am a survivor main and don't like nerfs of killers and survivors.

• JC316
    JC316 Member Posts: 693
    Options

You're wrong. My idea of balance is not a 4K, it's where any killer has a shot at a 2-3K, and any survivor team has a shot at 2-3 escape on any map, against any killer. How it is now, if a killer comes up against a strong SWF on a bad killer map, the killer has already lost, he never stood a chance. I know you will say that it's rare, but it's more common than you think, and the fact that it's possible at all for the killer to lose before he even started shows the gross incompetence of the balance team.

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666
    Options

There are many killers here that feel entitled to a 4k, almost the same as survivors that feel entitled to an escape.

If they are unable to kill survivors/escape its obviously the devs fault. They need to grow up.

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873
    Options

Not that I agree with the Ruin nerf, or even am a survivor main, but couldn't they say the same to you? 'Balanced landing got nerfed because you killers couldn't even chase us down a ledge properly', or 'self care got nerfed because you killers couldn't catch us fast enough when we heal', heck they could even say 'MoM got nerfed because you killers couldn't even adapt to having to do one extra hit'.

Again, I have no stance in this argument, but wanted to point out that the point you said can work backwards too. Although, MoM and Self care definitely deserved the nerf. Not 100% sure with Balanced landing, though.

• FregglesFred
    FregglesFred Member Posts: 317
    Options

This isn't conditions that happen every 50-75 games.

The logic of having to chase someone, pick them up, and hook them can take a good 50 seconds, even. Especially with a good survivor on the team.

If you think that makes sense to just holding R1, then. I really wish the best for you mentally.

• senki527
    senki527 Member Posts: 275
    Options

nope im happy with 50% escape which would be the perfect average. 2k every game, and not 4k

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,226
    Options

Four kills is the killers default goal. You're told to do it, and get a bonus for fulfilling it. Back then the gfame even mocked you for failing to get many kills.

Four escapes is a bonus, the game doesnt judge or reward you for getting others out, yet somehow this is being treatd as survivors sdefault goal.

I think survivors are quite suffering from some dissonance in perception..

As for the 4k balance thing? Its mostly survivors telling people that its what killers want. Duh. Obviously killers want to win.

Except balance should be 4 survivors EACH working as hard as the killer to reach their goals. Sadly currently its leaning more towards four survivors working as hard as one killer lol.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    Options

Just want to make the point that just because you play a game a lot or play it for a living as a streamer does NOT make you good at the game.

Look up DSP or Low Tier God. These guys are absolutely AWFUL at fighting games, yet they ACT like they are good and somehow have a huge following so they can make a living being bad at video games.

• McLightning
    McLightning Member Posts: 949
    Options

I mean, I actually am a survivor main. Fortunately, that hasn't stopped me from being a one sided survivor main bot, lol

• Seltas0208
    Seltas0208 Member Posts: 1,056
    Options

What drinks are you drinking?? Because I want some so I can be this willfully ignorant

• McLightning
    McLightning Member Posts: 949
    edited February 2020
    Options

Careful with those two last words. People have literally been banned/jailed for using them.

Me and @SpaceCoconut know this all too well.

• Seltas0208
    Seltas0208 Member Posts: 1,056
    Options

I know. But trying to find a better term is like trying to argue that monstrous shrine is the most broken perk in the game

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    edited February 2020
    Options

Balanced Landing got changed because BHVR couldn't fix the maps. Mettle of Man was bullshit. Ruin literally got changed because of baby survivors.

Huge ######### difference.

Post edited by Mc_Harty on
  • ohheyitsbobcat
    ohheyitsbobcat Member Posts: 1,663
    edited February 2020
    Options

Lol what? Just in the last couple days there was like three different nerf Billy threads, a few on Noed complaints, one that thought Scratched Mirror was OP and there's a thread on Franklin's needing a nerf as well. I'm sure I've also missed plenty more.

This forum isn't biased one way or other IMO. Both sides have plenty of people that complain about everything and it just depends on what has happened recently to set them off. A popular streamer had something dumb happen to them, bet your butt 5 different people will makes seperate threads to complain about it. Someone sees a thread they agree/disagree with, let's make a seperate thread talking about that thread instead of just keeping in one place. Had a bad game as either side; time to write a 10 page essay on why this game is crap all without proper spacing or spell checking. The list goes on...

Some people do have legitimate complaints and you can find some nice conversation and debate once in a while. Most people just want to hear themselves talk and find others who agree with them though.

• The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340
    Options

The only nerf I'm asking for is for pig.

Why?

Why not!

• FearedbytheGods
    FearedbytheGods Member Posts: 476
    Options

'Don't use'

You're wrong, they use them, they've just explained that there's more layers to this then they're prepared to share with us.

My point of view is still better than the no evidence 'I say so' people.

This discussion has been closed.