Did they change their mind on giving out event exclusives?

Options

Comments

• TheRockstarKnight
    TheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 2,171
    Options

Yes.

-

Originally these cosmetics were exclusive. Cool.

Then they said they'd give them out for free with the stuff you could only get anymore if you bought $200+ codes online. Cool.

Then they said no, due to the community reaction, they'd leave event exclusives exclusive. Cool.

Now they really are free. Cool.

I don't really see the big deal.

I started playing DbD during the Howling Grounds event. Sure the flashlight 'fixes' were annoying, but they didn't stay that way the whole event, and all you had to do was play the game to unlock the cosmetics.

• mike4156
    mike4156 Member Posts: 222
    Options

they gave out mad legacy items like a year ago or less!!! what the hell and all we get is a "were sorry" as original players. NOW AGAIN?? whatever man thats bs, older players ALWAYS GET SHAFTED

• PNgamer
    PNgamer Member Posts: 1,415
    edited June 2020
    Options

Hello,

I play since 2016 too and i worked hard for all my exclusive Eventitems too and now you give them for free ?? what the hell is this? About Legacy items: Yes we all know it was befofe the bloodweeb was reworked and it´s for ppl they deserve it. True... but it is the same with the Eventitems too

So Why BHVR can´t restore Legacy Items ? Answer 1: They don´t have the programmcodes anymore or answer 2: they won´t give it to ppl who don´t deserve it.... Why you make a big secret about Legacy? Legacy is not special like much ppl think. Legacy or Eventitems: In my opinion it´s the same, because "grind is grind" and if you investige 10 hours for grinding a bloodweeb or 10 hours for grinding an Event.... i told you again... It is the same !

Sry for my bad english grammatic but siriously.

Give Lagacy for all players free and this never ending story will finally end. It has more positive effects than negatives because 2020 the playerbase is much bigger than before. Ppl who lost their progress get finnaly their Items back and all new players can enjoy all this sweat LegacyItems too. In my Opinion its good for the Gamehealth ( no more Legacy hackers and stuff like that). As you can see....you did it with the Eventitems too.

Greetings

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Options

I knew this was going to be the reason for doing this. :P

• USELESS
    USELESS Member Posts: 1,151
    Options

About this legacy thing, in 2016 i have already prestige 1 my trapper but i didnt earned a legacy mask or what i should get

• TAG
    Options
  • Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    Options

Let me rewrite that.

"The event items that weren't entirely hard to get"

• PNgamer
    PNgamer Member Posts: 1,415
    edited June 2020
    Options

do you rly think it´s a diffrent between grinding for 10hrs a bloodweeb or playing for 10hrs an Event ? ...i see no diffrent. In my opinion it´s the same cause grind is grind.

• starkiller1286
    starkiller1286 Member Posts: 889
    Options

Entitled player spotted.

Event items took hours to put in it isnt something most could just do in a day. The events lasted a few weeks and with how high some of the requirements were along with how some members of the other side would go out of their way to prevent them from making progress those who went through the effort and earned it care quite a bit. I'm glad bhvr could retrieve my lost hound mask as well as those that put out the psa on the forums about the faulty saves at that time.

• Kira15233
    Kira15233 Member Posts: 473
    Options

I'm sorry but I'm on switch and always wanted a legacy item, since DBD came on Switch in 2019, we didn't have any events you guys had so I guess it' s fair for people who got the game after everything was done.

• orpheusbr
    orpheusbr Member Posts: 7
    edited June 2020
    Options

BHVR,

it's really painful to see how you neglect your old players.

I started to play DBD in 2018 and really enjoyed to have owned the skins from the Summer BBQ Event. Unfortunately, with this new message about what you guys did with the exclusive event skins of 2018 I simply cannot absorb it quietly...

This message that you do "the community's best interests" it's so bad for old players that seems you neglect and ignore us. Why should this be "the community's best interests"? It doesn't make sense to give free these event cosmetics for everyone and I didn't even talk about legacy skins that are a heavier problem for those who played the game in 2016!

It just makes me feel that, in the future, the next event's skins that will be released in this game will be available for free soon for everyone without any kind of participation and dedication of your players.

Truly disappointed and unmotivated with future events.

Post edited by orpheusbr on
  • Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    Options

Yes. Yes it is.

With how long the bloodweb itself took time, with how expensive stuff was

The Grind isn't entirely equal for everything.

• Kira15233
    Options

I get you started in 2018 and I'm not going to be mean but... What about the Switch players? Can we get at least some love?? We never got the events because the game came out in 2019, Switch is too forgotten but it still exists! That's also a reason why I hate people, some of them can be entitled and it pisses me off, Switch community wanted it, we now have it and it's still nice fron them!^^

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
    Options

The incentive to work and show interest, he means. Not the incentive to simply show up.

• TAG
    Options

I mean, that second person got their thousand bucks over a year later, if we're going to make this an equivalent comparison. By that point, I see no reason to care.

• Kira15233
    Options

I don't have a pc nor did have a XboxOne or ps4 back when it happened, I'm sorry for sounding entitled but my point still remains, we get ######### on by other PC/Xbox/PS4 cause we on Switch and all, we don't even have a 30fps game, we have like 20fps ob some maps and against some killers, no one cares for Switch and makes me sad because we still exist in the whole DBD community

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772
    Options

I think its weird people care so much

• MonsterInMyMind
    MonsterInMyMind Member Posts: 2,744
    Options

We don't matter to them its clear. It's also clear meaning does not matter to them don't worry legacy will be next they will find a way to back peddle.

• Carpemortum
    Options

If were going that route we may as well mention that any person can now show up and have 1000 dollars. All of them. Not just one person a year later.

It's not someone WAITING a year to get it for free. It's something they werent eligible for that is now, a year later, being handed out.

Meaning the original one who worked, did it for nothing. And yet is supposed to care about false promises and future projects?

It just makes it even more of a slap in the face.

• Carpemortum
    Options

Because like a ######### partner, when we call them on their bullshit and be honest, they look for new, easy meat instead of fixing their problems.

• Kira15233
    Options

I do know about Trapper skin, and that's the only one we have compared to Mobile who still has more exclusive than us, which is kinda weird but ehh, can't judge BHVR right?

• TAG
    Options

I'm okay with that. I still got that thousand bucks a while back that I blew on fast food and video games anyways.

• Tactless_Ninja
    Tactless_Ninja Member Posts: 1,791
    Options

Last few events you were able to purchase the cosmetics even after the event was over. Only exclusives left are the battle pass rewards and I'm sure those will be up for sale eventually.

Legacy skins feel like Excalibur Prime. I can't get them, and the people that did want to wave it in your face.

• Elena
    Elena Member Posts: 2,187
    Options

I'm actually happy this happened and I won all of the cosmetics; the reason I'm happy is because I got the Hound jacket, the tank top and hillbilly hammer back but I never received the Hound mask back and it was really disappointing. I'm happy that although people who were not dedicated to the game got the exclusives for free, the people who lost them and never got them back or were at least trying to get the cosmetics during those event but never got them have finally received them.

• F60_31
    F60_31 Member Posts: 124
    Options

I already had the items but I do not care if other people get them. Have fun all.

• orpheusbr
    orpheusbr Member Posts: 7
    Options

That happened the same with a friend of mine but he kept in touch many times with BHVR and they solved it.

It's great that you can use your skins now but what I see from BHVR is a lazy way to ''solve'' your - and of many others - problem by simply giving the cosmetics for everyone because they can't control or even figure out how to give the event cosmetics properly.

Pretty bad solution...

• HommeBizarre
    HommeBizarre Member Posts: 405
    Options

Disappointed for a skin? Man, don't you have nothing better to do?

• indieeden7
    indieeden7 Member Posts: 3,349
    Options

My guy, it really isn't that serious. I had all the event cosmetics and I really couldn't care less whether or not other people got them.

• yikers
    yikers Member Posts: 94
    Options

I want legacy