Is it fair to 99 the exit gate?

BHVR agreed that it wasn't fair to do that for generators, and it wasn't fair to do it for hooks either, so then why the exit gate?

Being able to take as much time as you want to go back and get a survivor (or whatever else you may deem necessary), seems to defeat the purpose of the endgame challenge if survivors can 99 the gate doesn't it? At the very least I think the exit gate should start regressing if you choose not to open it.

Comments

• domai36
    domai36 Member Posts: 89

I like it as a strategic option. It is a risk and backfires every now and then which is heartbreaking as a survivor but oh so satisfying as a killer.

• seki23
    seki23 Member Posts: 833
    edited August 2020

gates should regress as far as survivors are not opening them, the fact survivors can make such good plays EGC because of that really annoys me especailly when they are a good 4 man, at least would keep one survivor out of the last attempt because that survivor would need to be close the door to prevent it from regresing too much. making the task way easier if u already got rid of one survivor or 2 obviously.

• Breque
    Breque Member Posts: 427

Yep its fair, i really dont like when someone is campping , andi tried do help my teamates to not be and ######### and besides having to try to make the killer stop licking my friend i have a fuckyng timer, sincerely i think that all that this timer does is to motivate the killer to slug the survival and let him die from the timer

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

Theres nothing wrong with it imo. It allows the game to last a little longer to help save others. Also it can get you a few kills by them needing to tap the door first and wait for it to open.

I'd say doors regressing should've been a Remember Me buff. I wouldn't be against it anyway.

• Toybasher
    Toybasher Member Posts: 918

Technically the Blood Warden perk icon lights up when an exit gate is open. You can also see survivor auras standing inside the exit area. But yes usually the EGC timer showing up is more obvious.

• Thatgurl_again
    Thatgurl_again Member Posts: 287

It's fine as it it. Plus you can always open the gates yourself

• yeetdaubeny
    yeetdaubeny Member Posts: 4

Not really, defeats the pressure of EGC and has no downside to doing so

• MissRememberMe
    MissRememberMe Member Posts: 37

Why is everyone saying open it by yourself? I think OP means that as a killer its not fair for survivors to 99% the gate so they can rescue other survivors with no pressure. I think the exit hate should be opened up on like 5-8 seconds, but it has to be done all at once. That would fix a lot of the issues.

• wraithbaby3
    wraithbaby3 Member Posts: 30

The entity should kill survivor who 99 exit gate.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

they 99% the door because normally the killers busy with another survivor by the time you get to the door they have they buddy off hook open the other door and get out.

there the killer stand there with egg on his face

so in other word no it not fair EGC needs something like i said exit gates should slowly lose progress over time if survivor walk away after 99% it.

• Terra92
    Terra92 Member Posts: 583

Changing the formula to meet expectations only kicks the little guy and makes it boring for everyone else. The EGC not starting gives just as much freedom for the Killer as it does Survivors. The EGC is only that final point so that survivors can't just teabag the gate the entire time, or hide in a corner because the killer has traps lined up on one gate and is guarding the other. The Killer can also just open the gates to prep up Bloodwarden, and it's one of the better strategies for the Killer to do if they're running that kind of game.

But starting the EGC in the manner suggested just rushes everyone out the door, it's not fun, it would just feel like someone pushing you out the door because they already got your money.

• Gamegain55
    Gamegain55 Member Posts: 25

Imo it’s perfectly fair because both sides can open it, as killer I like when it’s just 99ed because I like using Blood Warden, ofc when I’m survivor I just open it because it’s fun

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,149

EGC is just so survivors can't take game hostage like they used to be able to, it's why killers can open the gates to start EGC. If you don't like doors being 99% just open them if you see the lights on. I've seen ridiculous amounts of survivors screwed over while being chased to a door because a teammate 99% it, those few seconds to tap the door open cost them.

• Someone's brought up the idea of gates being opened in 3 increments for each light, so at best you could 2/3rds the gates and have to plan ahead on when people are leaving. A sort of checkpoint system where if you stop in between, it reverts to the last light.

Idk if it's a big balance issue, but this would make sense. You'd know at a glance how much progress is made instead of "Uh, are those 3 lights 80% done or 99%? Do I assume it was 99d properly or will I accidentally open it if I breath on it?"

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

99% the door put the door in the survivor favor 100% if there 4 or 3 survivor left they know if that wow best would be if they 99% the door and walk away to save someone it need to start slowly lose progress on the door.the doors shouldn't be survivor or killer sided how it is now it survivor sided it only killer side if it 1v1 and the doors are close together which also need to be fixed.

• Ratchetcooper
    Ratchetcooper Member Posts: 17

Soooooo you guys as killers want us to die faster they have you endgame and noed what more do you want so you guys can get your kills easily it's good to 99 doors so we can wait and rescue our team now people want it to regress and start all over that's not right you guys can walk and teleport to us fast to stop us from the exit gate so there is really no need for doors to regress with bloodlust that gets 3 three ticks so we can die faster there's no point

• rglarson13
    rglarson13 Member Posts: 204

I have a question for everyone saying that killers should just prevent 5 generators from being done if they don't like people 99ing the gate.

What's the point of the exit gate if the killer has lost after 5 generators?

I personally really enjoy the time after generators are done. People play a lot more boldly, and you can often get some really exciting plays, on both sides.

• Thatgurl_again
    Thatgurl_again Member Posts: 287

Because then the survivors would be pressured when the EGC is activated. The killer can activate that pressure