What's the actual, raw skill counter-play for Michael Myers' Evil Within 3? (Michael Myers OP af)

Sheridan_LT
Sheridan_LT Member Posts: 417
edited August 2020 in General Discussions

Say you're in a solo queue. Say your buddies inadvertently let Myers build Evil 3. Say this applies universally, to every character regardless of perk (because actual real counterplays should be basically kinda universal).

What do you do as a "any perk" survivor (let's take a level 1 Dwight with Leader for the memes), when Myers gets Evil 3 and starts chasing ONLY you? This is assuming that this Myers runs the Play With Your Food perk, like literally every Michael Myers does, every single time, ever. No Myers doesn't run this stupid perk. There isn't a Myers in the world that doesn't run this perk, unless it's for a dumber one like NOED, Ruin, or those other ten revealing-aura perks.

Michael Myers as bad as, sometimes worse than Spirits. Overpowered.

Post edited by Sheridan_LT on

Comments

• Sheridan_LT

Yeah, but he's too fast to loop. He's Evil 3, he's chasin me and again for all purposes I have zero perks (no speed perks at all). What can I do if he zooms at basically a literal sprint-walk on Evil 3. He never even loses that Evil 3.

• SCP_FOR_DBD
    SCP_FOR_DBD Member Posts: 2,416

The best thing to do is loop until EW3 runs out. Theres not much else you can do. Do keep in mind that he vaults faster, so try not to be to reliant on those.

• Sheridan_LT

Yeah basically it's impossible to win a chase/loop with a T3 myers unless you have the tighest, most perfect lines on a god pallet or always the best loop ready as soon as you need it.

Well yes, but this is assuming he's targeting me while using my friends (randoms) to build Evil 3. So I can dodge line of sight, I can try to hide but he starts zooming around the map.

• Sheridan_LT

Spoken like a true Killer main! I assume you think Spirit isn't nearly as overpowered as she actually freaking is. Lol. How the hectuck does his T3 literally last INFINITELY? Even in the movies that crap ran out fast!

• LiunUK
    LiunUK Member Posts: 944

sorry but you really just loop him. that's all it takes to counter him, it's no different than being chased by a plague without corrupt purge.

all i can recommend is looking up a looping guide and just keep practicing.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

I would say loop him in a safe manner. Meaning not getting greedy at loops, and keeping as much distance between you and him.

So if you would normally go around at a loop, throw the pallet down, find LoS and immediately go to another safe spot. Make him think you stayed but you didn’t.

• Spirez
    Spirez Member Posts: 674

Easy. The best counter is gen rush. 2-3 Gens can pop before he gets into T3. Then after that loop him for his T3 until it ends. And by then 2 more gens done and gates are powered. GG EZ BABY KILLER

• Kolonite
    Kolonite Member Posts: 1,346

Drop every pallet early and hold W. Pretty easy actually.

• Sheridan_LT
    edited August 2020

Yeah guys urr... Trying not to feed him IS IMPOSSIBLE. Especially in non-SWF solo queue, sometimes dudes just feed him and he tends to use the Evil off of one guy to chase another, basically effing you over even in the best break LOS and loops.

He WILL build Evil 3, no matter what you do. And you guys are saying he doesn't get a speed increase with EW 2-3 at all, but I SWEAR TO FREAKING GOD I saw him move 150% his speed straight up on Evil 3, EVERY single time.

• WeenieDog
    WeenieDog Member Posts: 2,184

It's yes and no.

He gets a faster vault speed and longer lunge duration, but his base speed stays the same, 115%.

It's always going to suck to get downed because of other people's mistakes, but it doesn't make him overpowered. It's not like he gets it for free either. He's like 7 ft tall with a bone white mask. If someone runs around the map throwing every pallet early, it doesn't mean the killer is busted.

• isilmerel
    isilmerel Member Posts: 136

A Bloodlust 3 Meyers with PWYF is fast.

If possible, loop him outside of chase: Break line of sight as much as possible. Pay attention to where he is (look behind you often), if you see him turn one way around a wall, take advantage of that and run the other way, keep as many objects between you and him to break LOS (it's around 4 seconds or so of loss of LOS to end bloodlust). Then take him to the next loop.

• Dwinchester
    Dwinchester Member Posts: 961

People are under the impression that you're supposed to be able to counter everything a killer does. You're not. What you're doing is stalling time for your team to do gens. Use your loops and get better perks.

• Elcopollo
    Elcopollo Member Posts: 768

You know that Mikey is one of the worse-ones killers, who haven't gotten to B-tier in a really long time, right?

• Sheridan_LT

Dawg straight up you one of those people who's cool with Oni and Demo but for some weird reason think Pyramid Head is overpowered. Bruh PH is UNDERPOWERED to some people. Jeez. <3

• Sheridan_LT

You... Are... though. That's called being more skiled. If you cannot win by any amount of skill, that's dumb luck and RNG. And then he can counter you, and you can counter that counter, and he can counter that counter's counter... Etc.. It's all about that!!!

• Terro
    Terro Member Posts: 1,171

U already got the answer. Loop him or get caught. It's the same thing as any normal solo queue dbd game. If you're team is a potato all you can do is buy time, do gens urself, or hope for hatch.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
  • janeromeroismyqueen
    janeromeroismyqueen Member Posts: 10

I'm a survivor main and Myers is not OP at all. I personally find him to be the most balanced and fun killer in the game, if I'm being honest. Yes, Tier III is strong but his early game is extremely rough. He has to give up a lot in terms of generators and early pressure in order to get the potential to snowball. He has to earn his power. By time he is out of Tier I, 2-3 gens could easily pop. It does depend on your teammates though, if they are stupid and play badly (which happens 9/10 times in solo queue), he can get to Tier III relatively easy. As most people have said, you have to loop him like you would any other killer but you have to not be greedy--throw pallets early, etc. He moves at normal speed in Tier III but you have to account for his longer lunge. And again, you can never completely 100% counter most killers, your job as a survivor is to waste as much time as possible for your teammates to do gens, not to never go down.

• Toybasher
    Toybasher Member Posts: 921

All this complaining about base EW3 being OP and nobody brings up Tombstone which lets him delete you from the match without even hooking you?

• Elcopollo
    Elcopollo Member Posts: 768

Wow, making assumptions about me basing on nothing. That's rude. Try to learn some manners, my dude.

Pyramid Head is not overpowered. He is hard to learn, but in right hands, similar to Nurse, he is incredibly strong. He can counter DS, Deliverance, Borrowed Time, Unbreakable - any Meta-perk, you name it. He is very powerful in chases, like Spirit and Nurse, and if he doesn't make mistakes it's going to be very problematic for survivor to get out of the chase alive. He has a very good anti-looping technique and has a great potential in mindgames. He could be "underpowered" only to those, who don't know how play him - just like literally every other killer is.

Oni is an objectively very strong killer, albeit not as strong as good Spirits, Nurses and Hags. He has wonderful addons, he can traverse map and pressure map a lot. Skillful Oni is a speedy nightmare, much scarier than the present Billy. Demo, on the other hand, is pretty average. His addons are not great; his power is not weak, but also not that strong. Shred might help in loops, but at some tiles and maps on the whole it's pretty useless. He is fine at most things and fun to play, but he isn't great at anything in particular.

Mikey is a good killer, don't get me wrong, but he is neither S nor A tier realistically. He is complete dogsh*t in early game and a lot of times it can be crucial. If you don't manage to find oblivious survivor, who you can feed off fast, you'll feel very bad very quickly. His map control is blatantly bad - he starts off slow and by the time he gets to the normal speed he might already lose 1-2 gens. His snowball potential, on the other hand, is quite nice and can be avoided only by good survivors. In Tier-3 he is stronger, but still can be looped successfully until his power runs out. In open maps he is bad, because of how visible he is. But in closed maps he's quite good. His addons are one of the best in the game, but without them he is mostly basic M1 killer with no benefits.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,873

The Shape is perfectly balanced. Survivors are not meant to run the killer around indefinitely. Even a blinkless nurse should in theory eventually catch a survivor. It's more of an issue of time. How long does it take a killer to down a survivor? The Shape trades his first hit for stalking time. That is free time survivors have on generators. He has moments of weakness to offset his moments of strength. Try to make the most of the time he takes stalking by breaking line of sight to extend the time it takes to get to EW3. Besides which survivors have the same counter play options available to them when he is in EW1 as EW3. Vault locations, pallets, breaking line of sight and switching directions or hiding. I don't know what more you could honestly expect.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,246

He has absolutely nothing for safe pallets. The difference between Tier 2 and Tier 3 is 2.5%. Games should be going fast enough that you can be really safe at pallets and not have to worry about pallet count. If pallet count is an issue in games, it's because teammates aren't hitting gens hard enough. There are way too many pallets on a lot of maps.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,361

His speed at both EW2 and 3 is 4.6 m/s, which is the exact same as the majority of the cast. His speed at EW1 is 4.2 m/s, which is just BARELY faster than a survivor. Theres a chance maybe the Myers you were facing was using perks like Play with your food to increase movement speed.

• Pandamonium
    Pandamonium Member Posts: 77

Oni is strong but balanced and Demo is very C-tier. Myers is incredibly easy to loop. He has very little chase potential in loops.

You cannot tell me seriously that Myers walks as fast as sprint burst with a straight face. You're overreacting massively. His maximum speed is 130%, which is tier 3 Myers (115%) + 15% PWYF, but that is like any other killer without traversal powers. Just loop him at pallets as his power drains relatively quickly if you're a good looper. If you know how to loop, you can very easily last an entire tier 3 (Except for an infinite tier 3 of course). There's a reason why Myers is a bit rare in red ranks. He is just too weak against good red ranked survivor, but can really shine in the hands of an incredible player.

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,940

Drop Pallets earlier and don't be greedy so he won't catch you with the increased lunge range and do not play around windows to much since he can vault them signficantly faster.

He still moves at normal 4.6 m/s unless he uses Play with your Food which makes him unstoppable, but PwyF makes every Killer unstoppable for a certain period of time.

• OutcastEric
    OutcastEric Member Posts: 495

literally nothing in this game requires hours of skill. All survivors need to learn it to loop effectively. Extremely boring gameplay in my opinion. You can play against almost every killer the same exact way except nurse, spirit, and maybe clown/freddy. Everyone else, youll be doing the same boring thing over and over. Idk why i spent 4 years of my life playing this dumpster fire. They dont change up the meta, ever. too scared to tweak anything survivor related and lack the knowledge to get killer in a better spot.

• Slashstreetboy
    Slashstreetboy Member Posts: 1,811

I understand why you might percieve it like that, yet the truth is in higher skill brackets he´s objectively one of the worst Killers. He´s one of my all-time mains so I might have some tips for you:

Don´t greed the pallets, meaning don´t go for another loop if you´re not 100% sure u can get away with it. Play smart around windows. Don´t go for saves then T3 Myers is around.

If you follow these simple steps he´s barely more threatening than any M1 Killer.

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

Myers came out when they knew how to make add-ons.

• deadbyhitbox
    deadbyhitbox Member Posts: 1,117

He's a 115% killer in EW3. Literally just loop him like any normal killer but just don't get too greedy. Instead of 3 loops on a pallet, maybe go for a safer 2. You really just need to learn how to loop efficiently and safely by the sounds of it.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited August 2020

He moves at 115% in EW3, the same speed as most of the Killer cast. Just don’t get greedy at loops. Waste as much of his time as possible. If he really is going faster than normal or his EW3 is actually lasting longer than normal, then look at his perks and add-ons.

Based on your replies in this thread, it kinda seems like you’re just venting after a game against him. Maybe you just went up against a good Myers?

• LeaderoftheSaints
    LeaderoftheSaints Member Posts: 162
  • Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

I've been playing Michael Myers pretty much exclusively. I've decided that until I break below Rank-10, I'm not proficient and I'm not moving on. I'm kind of fixated that way. I have a fairly balanced perspective of what Myers can do and what he can't. On a big map, against well-coordinated SWF he is toast. They spread to the four winds, keep eyes on him, and take advantage of his slow build to get 3-4 Generators popped before he even hits Tier-3. At that point, it goes down hill fast. SWF are kryptonite to him as they are to so many other Killers.

That being said, I flood the map with Totems, as many as I can (Ruin, Third Seal, Thrill of the Hunt) or mix in Haunted Ground sometimes. This helps slow down the Gen Rush a bit. I always take Play With My Food. I usually take a Mori (or Tombstone Piece) so if I find I am fighting SWF I simply gut them down a team member as rapidly as possible to even things up. It is harsh, but against the 5th Perk (Comms) it is really the only effective option I have.

Against normal Survivors, who aren't using Comms, I generally don't use the Mori even if I'm carrying it. I prefer a classic game and get more points out of three hooks. In a small map Myers is downright deadly, particularly if he is running either the Cracked Mirror or the Vanity Mirror. It should be noted that if I play Spooky Myers (also called Jump Scare Myers) I definitely swap out the Third Seal for Haunted Ground. He is invisible to most aura reading already, so the Perk would be wasted. I love the Third Seal when I mean to be going to Tier-3 because so many people rely on aura reading and I deny them that.

So how do you beat Myers? Easy. Don't let him get a good Stalk on you. Don't let him mind game you. He starts slow and keep his damn obsession away from him. Banish her/him to the other side of the map to work on some far away Gen while someone else loops him while he is slow endlessly to let your buddies pop Gens.

• EuphoricBliss35
    EuphoricBliss35 Member Posts: 875

What do you want to hear? You argue when people tell you you need to learn how to loop. You argue when people tell you he’s not OP (he’s not). You just want to hear your opinion parroted back at you

• Yung_Slug
    Yung_Slug Member Posts: 2,238

That sounds like Play With Your Food, not Myers. Myers cannot achieve that speed without perks.

• Moundshroud

And to the OP, please let me know if it was me you faced. I'd be thrilled. :)

• siren_sorceress
    siren_sorceress Member Posts: 321

Huuuh. Myers is like the weakest killer in the game. Like a ggez ghost face. I see him the least out of all other killers. I never ever see a Myers past rank 13 and there's a reason for that. Hes literally the one killer I'd love to see buffed lol.

Just loop him. Hes super loopable. Has no map pressure. Avoid him when he attempts to snowball during his power. Like Ghost Face, you can often just loop until his power is done. You can usually tell when hes got it ready. Hes only really good with stealth on indoor maps. Use closets when you think he has a tombstone.

• RakimSockem
    RakimSockem Member Posts: 1,986

So OP asked about counter play for a Myers who is ALREADY in tier 3 and of course the non reading people of the forums are jumping in and talking about avoiding being stalked and how slow Myers is at the start when that isn't the point....

• Moundshroud

Counter play to Myers in Tier-3? Same as fighting guys with Chainsaws. Loop, coordinate, and get the heck out of dodge. That is really the long and the short of it. Tier-3 Myers is simply a Killer that can down you with one hit. He is hardly the only one around that does that. Don't feed him with his obsession unless you want him up to 130% speed. Treat him JUST like a chainsaw wielding maniac.

• RakimSockem
    RakimSockem Member Posts: 1,986

I agree with everything you said. I was just pointing how unhelpful everyone's advice was to the OP.