BHVR, can we acknowledge fps on console is AWFUL since 4.1.0?

Comments

• dastru
    dastru Member Posts: 165

srry guys theyre too busy working on a legendary hunchback of notredame skin for the new killer, mark my words sht about to hit the fan when the new graphics arrive to consoles

• Bullettimegod
    Bullettimegod Member Posts: 994

Lol when i saw his ability. I thought the same thing.

• Ryuzaki
    Ryuzaki Member Posts: 688
    edited August 2020

Guys, I have noticed when playing on custom game the FPS isn't as bad as public matches, can someone else on PlayStation 4 test this and report back please?

• Leachy_Jr
    Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,196

Have you tested this? That's insane if it's true. I would think some charms make frames go lower than others tho if that's the case.

• Leachy_Jr
    Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,196

Yup, waaaay smoother than Pubs. Then again I haven't done it with 4 people, so if anyone else can test it with that would be great.

• Ryuzaki

Thanks for reporting back, we need to bring this to the attention of the devs, maybe it will help them with their investigation.

• TheRockstarKnight
    TheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 2,171

I haven't scoured every page personally, but I'm proud of the general lack or rudeness too.

This a protest thread I can get behind.

• EuphoricBliss35
    EuphoricBliss35 Member Posts: 875

Last night I was looping a killer. He left me, then came right back to me. I made a silly read, they get a free hit. Looping some more. I choose to dead hard very early just to make sure it works. Just so happens I timed it right when bloodlust kicks in. What happens? I’m able to DH, but the screen literally froze for 0.5-1 sec and I lost all momentum. Killer gets a free down, which proceeded to impact the rest of the game.

I believe KYF is P2P. If you all have a decent connection to each other, lag should mostly be a non issue. That doesn’t fix FPS drops that occur with bloodlust, noed, etc

• Ryuzaki

With this said, do you think the dedicated servers are affecting the framerate on console?

• Cutiaddu
    Cutiaddu Member Posts: 402
    edited August 2020

So did devs say something about this? Or are we still waiting an answer?

• Funcle1983
    Funcle1983 Member Posts: 78

I think back on the first few pages there was a note about bringing this thread to the attention of their team. I haven’t seen anything since then unfortunately

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

In the meantime, has anyone had any luck mitigating the frame issues at all? I heard removing charms and switching xplay off can help, but I haven't tried myself yet.

• UseTheValve
    UseTheValve Member Posts: 350

The only thing that really uncool is how unresponsive the Dev are about this topics,if they play the game on anything they would see the performance aren't were game like this should be, they lack serious communication, PUBG addresses frequently this topics and so does most other big ''LIVE SERVICE'' game.

• Stinde
    Stinde Member Posts: 459

One way this issue could be made more public is for someone from this thread who has registered to twitch (I haven't) to go to some fog whisperer's stream (for example Otz or tru3) and ask them if they could bring this issue up with the devs. McLean and not_Queen were at Otz's stream yesterday, so they are active (at least on things they care about = new content).

Devs can't stay silent forever if this issue gets enough attention.

• EuphoricBliss35
    EuphoricBliss35 Member Posts: 875

Hard to say. If it was affecting frames, you’d expect it to be affecting frames on PC and other platforms as well. I believe frames/GPU and server connection would be unrelated, but I have no real knowledge to speak to that. I do know frames were an issue even back on P2P. The nice thing about P2P was if your ping was good (50-80...even though on console, standard was closer to 120-150) the game was more reliable/predictable with using dead hard, vaults, etc. On servers, reliability is not there (vault a 2nd story window on Haddonfield, for example, and watch as you get hit as your already falling halfway down one time, and then vault again and you clear the window).

Part of this happens I believe to fluctuations. Sometimes when you pause, you’ll see your ping going from 60-100. But because you only see the white marker in the top left at 150, it looks like everything is fine. To what degree those fluctuations, and/or bigger fluctuations begin to affect the perception of frames, I have no idea.

I do know, whether P2P or not, Doc still causes frame drops, status changes affect frames (blood lust, sloppy, noed, etc), etc.

Im curious to learn why it seems like whenever a dev responds to these issues, it’s always “going to be looked at.” These have been issues on console for so long. I get the game was built for PC, but I imagine there’s a larger player base on console. Maybe I’m wrong

• Cutiaddu
    Cutiaddu Member Posts: 402

Oh that's great, I wish I could refund my switch version then.

• Ryuzaki

We could post this thread over on the Dead by Daylight subreddit to get a discussion going?

• Tatortot
    Tatortot Member Posts: 11

Playing killer can be a bit tougher on console because of the new hit lag and lag while survivors juke is a thing. I still don't do awful but it has definitely saved a few dozen survivors from a hook. I never had issues in past years playing but 4.1did get me a bit of (skill forgivable) lag.

Also my PS4 fan really hates Jane Romero's red hair cosmetic and idk why specifically that.

• Ryuzaki

Yeah, that's a good idea let's share this thread everywhere!

• jisp3r
    jisp3r Member Posts: 317

By saying they should look at it IF the game is unplayable feels like they keep us on the edge of the playable limit huh... Good to know

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,160

When crossplay was enabled I noticed my frames were way worse than normal as a survivor, turned off crossplay and back to normal frame issues.

• Aneurysm

I've tried a survivor game with it off and the frames are def better, but queues are longer. KIller is instant either way so that's an easier choice.

• bm33

My queue as survivor luckily hasn't been long since turning off crossplay. I play solo so maybe that helps?

• bm33

Frame drops when entering the Dream World when playing against Freddy are awesome, especially during a skill check. 😬

• Darkskies
    Darkskies Member Posts: 1,158

Tried the no charm thing did not help me on the lerys 😔🐷

• Bullettimegod
    Bullettimegod Member Posts: 994

I went to mclean stream the other day. He blatantly ignored me. Like it was obvious he was.

• Fnatic47
    Fnatic47 Member Posts: 396

Ok devs do it... execute order 66... 😜

• OBX
    OBX Member Posts: 854

I am beginning to believe they simply don’t have the skill/technology to fix frame issues with the 4+ years of spaghetti code the game has. That’s not a shot at them, just a big @$$ plate of pasta

• Nobsyde
    Nobsyde Member Posts: 1,288

don't you dare blame pasta!

Source: an italian guy

• Aneurysm

Ah damn. Worth a try I guess.

If we keep getting ignored, and don't get a proper answer soon maybe we should try some sort of organised attempt to get console players + pc sympathisers to stop buying auric cells. Flood the forums, the subreddit, the discord, playstation community groups and its equivalents, social media groups, the fog whisperers' streams, the dev streams, the inboxes of everyone we play with or against etc etc

It could just fail but maybe something to consider if nothing works.

• bm33

The jet engine as game loads after intro is terrible.

• Nobsyde
    Nobsyde Member Posts: 1,288

it would never work out.

In fact, it would be easier if we just started coding our DbD rip off, with black jake and hooked blendette.

• Skarin
    Skarin Member Posts: 11

I have never felt so ignored as with this game and its devs. The worst of all is that they promised to continue improving performance and the opposite happens, while now they don't even try to fix it.

Sad times :(

This discussion has been closed.