Everybody who bought the skins for 21k should be refunded.

Options

Comments

• Maria00098
    Maria00098 Member Posts: 1
    Options

The actual halloween skins are part of "Hallowed curse" which they didn't mention in that blog.

• Astrian
    Astrian Member Posts: 320
    edited October 2020
    Options

Nah, they've been taking content out of the Halloween event for years now, for no reason. They have the code to do it, they have the ability to make it great and just flat out choose not to do it.

Hell, they have the code and the ability to add the Serum currency in the game, it was in the rift last year, but they just flat out refuse to do it. Why? What did they just yeet the code into the garbage bin once last year's event was done? It's literally copy paste, I highly doubt that the game has changed so much in the year that the events took place that literally placing serum currency in the rift would be impossible this year, but possible last year.

The answer is extremely simple, Greed. They wanted people to pay more and they did. Now because nearly everybody complained, they scaled back; extended the "Olive Branch" as you put it. They took 2 steps forward with the greed and took 1 step back due to backlash. Next year they'll take another 2 steps forward and so on and so forth.

You give greedy people an inch and they'll take a mile, we've seen this time and time again with other developers and we're seeing it now with BHVR before our eyes and suddenly people are okay with getting enough shards to buy ONE skin. We used to get TWO before!

What's going to happen next year? Next year we'll get more Halloween skins, no serum currency, and no discounted prices, hell why not just take the blighted gens and hooks out of the game altogether, they're the last remnants of the event that have yet to go. What are people going to say then? "Well last year we only got 1 skin, so I guess it's okay, at least we can use shards to buy them this year..."

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,253
    Options

sadly this is more complicated then most storefronts as they most likely don't have the best way of tracking and refunding that easily, its hundreds if not thousands of hours of work that will cost them a good amount of time and money just so people can have another skin or two, just let it go I already have

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,253
    Options

ironic but just get over it, get what you can free and spend a few bucks if it really matters that much to you or just pass on optional ingame skins

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327
    Options

Thanks for clearing that up. Then I take back what I said earlier in the post. Now it just seems 100% a scummy move to pull after people bought the outfit Day 1, even with the log-in bonuses being added.

• Clonedhorror
    Clonedhorror Member Posts: 11
    Options

They weren't originally going to do this much for the event I firmly believe that the people pushed them to do this event the way they are doing it now if you want to be mad at anyone be mad at the community that wants a mile after asking for an inch.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,197
    Options

I do think the shards we get should be 2750 for all the days or at lease 1000 not 500

• GorgonDorgon
    GorgonDorgon Member Posts: 94
    Options

I bought the Felix skin with cells, since that’s the only way to get it lol or so I thought! It doesn’t show me since I already have it but did it go on sale for shards too? Cause if so I’m gunna feel pretty ripped off lmao

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,826
    Options
  • GorgonDorgon
    Options

Yikes. That actually really blows, thanks for letting me know though

• GorgonDorgon
    Options

Yeah it is really scummy I got the only other skin that cost cells (Felix) besides ghostface and now you can get it with shards. It’s so dumb I feel like I literally just wasted my money

• That1name
    That1name Member Posts: 33
    Options

If they were going to go on sale soon after release, why not make it so it costs less from the time where it was released to where they wanted it to end. This whole event is confusing as it sucks, the add ons sucks, and even the challenges are a bit hard. I am not complaining about how this whole event was a mistake, it’s how they hyped up the event.

• Ghost_Face_Main
    Ghost_Face_Main Member Posts: 618
    Options

Sales can happen at variable dates, so that's on those who spent what they had at the time, me included. Our patience wasn't anticipating this to happen.

• Sunbreaker7
    Sunbreaker7 Member Posts: 647
    Options

Giving store credit instead of money back is not a good refund policy, it ensures the seller that they get to keep your money no matter what, so of course they are more than happy to "compensate" for your loss because in the end, that money is spent and they get to keep it, does not matter what you end up buying with it. However, if you are okay with that, then sure, no one loses in the end because you were going to spend that money on their products anyway.

• Xeroph
    Xeroph Member Posts: 3
    Options

Hopefully they'll do something, but likely they won't do a thing

• Canas
    Canas Member Posts: 1,021
    Options

Like the title says. Me and many other people out there already spent their hardearned shards on these new cosmetics when they came out just to be told a couple of days later that there's an unexpected discount for them. I feel sincerely cheated by this.

Will there be partial refunds? I haven't heard a single statement from BHVR regarding this.

• Pawcelot
    Pawcelot Member Posts: 985
    Options

According to screenshots of support messages from people who tried getting a refund, it seems like you're out of luck. You're getting the finger.

• Madjura
    Madjura Member Posts: 2,426
    Options

Support staff are almost certainly not allowed to override such a policy, someone higher up will have to make that decision.

• Tricks
    Tricks Member Posts: 957
    Options

I couldn't be arsed saving up the ######### k to buy the Nurse outfit so I just bought it with Auric Cells lol

• Spencerjnlouis
    Spencerjnlouis Member Posts: 117
    Options

What? This price only lasts during the Halloween Event, smells like toxic entitlement to me.

• dastru
    dastru Member Posts: 165
    Options

oh boy if im pissed knowing that i only bought 1 piece before the sale i cant even imagine how the people who spent the whole 21k are feeling right now

• LethalPugy
    LethalPugy Member Posts: 493
    Options

I just got the Feng and Legion skins so. #########

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398
    Options

Wasn't there a notice that said skins were going on sale today? They said it a couple of days ago. Granted I don't think they specifically stated which skins would be on sale but...

• spodamayn
    spodamayn Member Posts: 220
    Options

I feel the same way. I won't quit playing the game but I refuse to buy anymore cosmetics unless we're refunded because I don't want to be treated this way.

That's a different sale. It was actually meant to go live yesterday but got delayed and should go live today. I'm sure they would have mentioned that the new Halloween cosmetics were going to go on sale if they intended for them to be since they stated the old Halloween ones will. the discounts on the new cosmetics doesn't have anything to do with that sale

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398
    Options

Oh right...well that's pretty dumb of them lmao. Would be a good move from BHVR to refund the amount of shards they overpaid by because they essentially were scammed, but I don't think that's gonna happen

• spodamayn
    spodamayn Member Posts: 220
    Options

I don't think we'll get as many people complaining as those that bashed the event before but I've seen a bunch of posts on reddit and a lot of tweets about it, plus we have this thread so it's a good start I think. It just depends on if people let it go and move on easily. I personally won't be buying anymore cosmetics due to this screwup. I think if BHVR realizes that enough people will react in the same way they'll try their best to issue refunds.

• Hlidskialf
    Hlidskialf Member Posts: 58
    Options

Not forgetting that they did a scummy move. I could also include some personal experiences with bhvr but i don't think it's fair.

The people working on the Ticket system just follow a rule book, what i'm saying about "waiting for a official statement" is to someone from the main team acknowledges that they fricked their most loyal players and what they are going to do about it.

Also i don't think there is any kind of criticism here because i posted what i think they should do. I see our conversation more like a useless argument that no one is going to win or anything because your opinion has nothing to do with the spirit of the thread.

I'm not fighting you or anything man, i just want to see if Behavior is going to do the right thing instead of defend themselves with the User Agreement.

That's all.

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,127
    Options

Well... now I'm happy I bought 2 sets with auric cells I got due to a bug. But I can understand the frustration wery well.

• SweetTerror
    SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,694
    edited October 2020
    Options

Thankfully I waited, but I feel so bad for all of the players who grinded game after game to earn enough shards to purchase these skins, only for these skins to go on sale. There's absolutely no reason why BHVR can't refund shards back to players' accounts.

If the sale went live at the start of the Halloween event then that would be one thing, but it didn't. BHVR, you have a moral responsibility to do right by your players. We spend money every 3 months for DLC, we spend even more money on rift passes and cosmetics. Backing all this up with strong customer support is the least you could do.

• Hlidskialf
    Options

For exemple, last time i played dbd was one month ago because i got burned out by grinding level 70 rift. I don't follow BHVR on any platform nor access the forum everyday because i don't want to know more about the game.

I came back when the new rift was released, played some days and decided to spent 42k on 2 skins because i don't have any cosmetics for yui or Feng even that i don't play with them. I didn't even saw people talking ######### about the event the only thing i heard was one of my friends who mostly play with me saying that there was no serum this year. Idk how people are saying that "we should predicted or they talked about the sale" just dumb.

Then they changed the prices for 9k from nothing and i think the right thing to do is to refund every single person who bought it during the normal price.

That's what i'm saying. If you don't complain about it they are not going to give us at least a explanation.

• Bellizz
    Bellizz Member Posts: 13
    Options

Scumbag behavior gonna scum

• Yogerman1997
    Yogerman1997 Member Posts: 374
    edited October 2020
    Options

Yea... i bought the Legion and Blight halloween skins at full price too, because i was like... maybe later they add the vials and i can use these vials to get the old ones and then if i buy them now i can get more halloween skins...

but now they make this discount, who make 2 skins cheaper than just buy one at full price.

wich is nice, if they give us the difference... but no, they don't, and this make me sad...

i also send a ticked asking for get the price difference back, and get the same answer.... but that answer no have sense, i mean, if they can inject currency to accounts who say they lost progress by a bug, who stop them to inject currency now? nothing.

they just don't want to do it, and is very unfair.

and no, the dailys don't solve this

if people who buy them early don't get the difference back means the ones who buy them now ends with more shards, why they deserve more shards? is not fair.

• Hlidskialf
    Options

My prediction is: a mod is going to post here the link to another post where a dev acknowledge the problem and they are not going to do anything about it.

I never saw their giving iridescent shards to people but i never saw sale on iridescent shards sets so... the fair thing is just refund everybody who bought for 21k.

Simple as that.

• PlantCollector
    PlantCollector Member Posts: 344
    Options

They did it guys. Outfits are out for 9k shards now and no response for the ones that already bought it. Thanks devs for [Bad WORD] us over.

• hagling
    hagling Member Posts: 279
    Options

wait so you used free currency to buy two full halloween outfits and now you're mad they're giving you enough shards for a third halloween outfit you also don't have to pay for? and you want a refund.. on your free currency.. so you can get more outfits for free? πŸ‘β€πŸ—¨πŸ‘„πŸ‘β€πŸ—¨

i paid $10 for the yui outfit before i knew, but now i can get the feng outfit for free. that's.. not something to complain about.

• Pizzaman
    Pizzaman Member Posts: 497
    Options

It's not "free". But you already know that.

Also, it's great for you that you feel like this situation is Ok, but don't pretend everybody has to feel that way. And yes, indeed, it's pretty much a situation where people HAVE to complain.

This discussion has been closed.