Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Everybody who bought the skins for 21k should be refunded.

1234568»

Comments

• Tricks
    Tricks Member Posts: 957
    edited October 2020

They lost my trust when they killed Eternal Crusade (rip) but I'm still here lol.

I actually saw the enormous 27k shard cost and thought to myself "bugger that" and just bought the entire 3 piece blighted Nurse outfit for 900 Auric Cells.

I bought it because I'm wasn't to know that her outfit was would be discounted to 9k shards or not? Even if it was discounted before I bought it I probably still would have shelled out actual cash for the outfit as at the time I had bugger all shards available and didn't know or expect they'd be giving us shards to purchase discounted outfits with and I didn't know weather or not the blighted outfits would remain purchasable with shards after the event expires.

So I'm owning my decision and taking the hit regardless as I'm just grateful they put her outfit in the store for purchase at all as I was expecting never to have the opportunity to buy it at all.

It's funny though as I'm more ok with losing actual money than I am losing shards which I worked my ass off to get lol.

• RocketPenguin
    RocketPenguin Member Posts: 374

did the nurse thing also get discounted thought it was just the new skins?

• Tricks
    Tricks Member Posts: 957

I don't know as I bought it the instant I saw it lol. All good though as it means I have more shards for the other skins.

• AbsolutelyAmel
    AbsolutelyAmel Member Posts: 146

If i could refund skins i bought i would. 10 or more bucks for a friggen character skin is just a blatant cashgrab. If they would invest in making the dlc more expansive instead of just new characters and a map by lets say adding a new gamemode or something else to do they'd be better off but obviously people will continue to feed them money. If you want change make their sales numbers dip. The only thing the company cares about. Sales. Not their community.

• malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,553

No brainer move would be to refund these people. Really bad business practices.

• malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,553
    edited October 2020

As a customer you have a right to complain regardless of the contract. Sure legally, BHVR is in the right. I definitely question their ethics and business acumen to blatantly piss on some of their own customers. And those customers absolutely have a right to complain about it.

They should really put their money where their mouth is and uninstall though. At the very least don't spend another penny on this game.

Post edited by Gay Myers (Luzi) on
  • Kolonite
    Kolonite Member Posts: 1,346
    edited October 2020

I mean technically you only spent 3k more shards on one skin with the 9k they’re giving everyone. Still sucks tho. I think they should just refund everyone.

• Slunkster
    Slunkster Member Posts: 83

I'll disagree, 10 quid a skin has been standard in the industry for over a decade.

You also get less interesting skin for lower than that.

• theArashi
    theArashi Member Posts: 998

Refunding the real money they probably wouldn't refund but shards?

Why not?

• Mendax
    Mendax Member Posts: 130

Kurasuma was banned (I am surprised it) and we cannot answer them :/

Anyway. You're right. I very like this game and don't want to go out. But I got a bad experience and I will expect a trick from any new product.

• TKTK
    TKTK Member Posts: 943
    edited October 2020

Pretty good job so far, they deleted a page worth of comments on this thread from last night i see. They aren't unjustified in there frustrations imo, the people that chose to support the game before the knee jerk discounts happened deserve compensation, they got scammed out of there shards they put time into building up.

• Mendax
    Mendax Member Posts: 130

Ironically, the comments of dude who defended BHVR have been deleted

• TKTK

I'd rather they leave them how they were, none of them were crossing any lines from what i read, there is also alot of edited comments as well. It just seems like they want this thread to go away like when people brought up fps issues on console.

They'll give a warning next time, someone will go against the warning as the mod post it and they'll lock or delete the thread.

• tariousx
    tariousx Member Posts: 156

Why are so many people referring to shards as money? Not defending the actions at all, really bad move on BHVR's part, made my jaw drop ngl. But seriously, if youre saying they just need to treat the players better that works, but so many people are acting as if they paid money for these shards. You did pay in time, and you cant get that back, so being upset about that is completely justified.

• RocketPenguin
    RocketPenguin Member Posts: 374

They didn't delete the misinformation though, like people saying the sale was announced beforehand.

• TKTK

You did get scammed, they will hide behind there EULA to deflect from there anti-consumer decision. They did not announce the new skins would be on sale as well further proof it was a knee jerk reaction to the feedback they got from the garbage event.

• AbsolutelyAmel
    AbsolutelyAmel Member Posts: 146

10 'quid' is half the price of the game.

Your arguement is invalid

• Slunkster
    Slunkster Member Posts: 83

10 quid is infinity time more than the cost of LOL, DOTA, Fortnite, R6 siege and all the other game that apply this price, it's also the price for all the payed game with customisations in a cash shop, like world of warcraft for exemple, what did you try to say?

All I could understand was "hur durr, i need to talk someone down without making any point because I disagree about something I cannot comprehend"

If you have a problem with how the industry price things, take it on someone else than me, I'm sorry I gave you proper information about the current situation of cosmetic in the online video game world, but no need to take it out on me.

• xlRadioactive
    xlRadioactive Member Posts: 27

So this turned out great...

• jerakal
    jerakal Member Posts: 246

They'll get away with it for as long as you let them. Just stop buying new skins/DLC with money.

• Madjura
    Madjura Member Posts: 2,444

You mean the only real communication being "The EULA says we can do this, get rekt" and there being no actions is not enough for you?

• LuffyBlack
    LuffyBlack Member Posts: 595

A lot of shills, but hey the players are going to keep with their Us Vs Them BS while Behavior continues to screw them out of their wallets. In some cases I have even seen people thank them. Not good.

This discussion has been closed.