We deployed a fix to solve an issue preventing players from unhooking, healing or picking up Survivors. Players will need to reboot to see the change reflected in-game. Thank you for your patience!

Banned for Intentionally Deranking (not me but a friend)

Comments

• ScottJund
    ScottJund Member Posts: 1,115

@Kilmeran said:

@ScottJund said:

@Kilmeran said:

@AChaoticKiller said:
    Your friend deserved it, I don't buy that bs that people are nicer in low rank so lets depip he did it to play with lower skilled people because he does not want to play with people equal of his skill. Yes I did not read the wall of text because deranking for whatever reason is bs and your scum for doing it. Deranking only results in you making the new players feel like trash and you getting easy wins. Next time I hope he gets a longer ban. As for a causal mode with no rank this would not work in a game such as dbd. 1 player can literally kill your whole team if he's bad. I encounter this all the time in rank 1, you get a swf group with 3 rank 1 and a rank 10 or 15 and its an easy 4k because the low rank will die with no long chases so the team now has 3 people early in the game which makes the game a hell of a lot harder for them. Such will be the case in a casual mode.

As a new player to DBD, I completely agree with you. I'd like Behavior to take it a step further in the next ban-wave and permaban the ######### who derank on purpose. And this goes for their precious little streamers like Jendenise and all of them.

I derank as killer on purpose for at least a week after rank reset. If I don't, I rank up too fast and cannot play Dead by Daylight at all. Am I an #########?

In my opinion: Yes

Damn that's just unreasonable of you. You blame me instead of the terrible ranking system, so much so that you literally would prefer I don't play the game at all. What if you just randomly got banned on the 13th of every month for a week? You'd be totally cool with that, right?

• ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    ScottJund said:

@Kilmeran said:

@ScottJund said:

@Kilmeran said:

@AChaoticKiller said:
    Your friend deserved it, I don't buy that bs that people are nicer in low rank so lets depip he did it to play with lower skilled people because he does not want to play with people equal of his skill. Yes I did not read the wall of text because deranking for whatever reason is bs and your scum for doing it. Deranking only results in you making the new players feel like trash and you getting easy wins. Next time I hope he gets a longer ban. As for a causal mode with no rank this would not work in a game such as dbd. 1 player can literally kill your whole team if he's bad. I encounter this all the time in rank 1, you get a swf group with 3 rank 1 and a rank 10 or 15 and its an easy 4k because the low rank will die with no long chases so the team now has 3 people early in the game which makes the game a hell of a lot harder for them. Such will be the case in a casual mode.

As a new player to DBD, I completely agree with you. I'd like Behavior to take it a step further in the next ban-wave and permaban the ######### who derank on purpose. And this goes for their precious little streamers like Jendenise and all of them.

I derank as killer on purpose for at least a week after rank reset. If I don't, I rank up too fast and cannot play Dead by Daylight at all. Am I an #########?

Damn that's just unreasonable of you. You blame me instead of the terrible ranking system, so much so that you literally would prefer I don't play the game at all. What if you just randomly got banned on the 13th of every month for a week? You'd be totally cool with that, right?

To be fair you brought this upon yourself. Dont ask people if they think you are an ######### on the Internet, especially if you wanna see a no.
  • Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,142
    edited October 2018

@ScottJund said:

@Kilmeran said:

@ScottJund said:

@Kilmeran said:

@AChaoticKiller said:

Being a new player with Vets who deranked to Rank 15 before the 13th, only to then reset to Rank 17 with the reset, and come into the grey ranks with us newbies, I am unable to play the game now.

Nothing like facing Survivor SWFs at Rank 20 Killer all in Bloody Clothes, which also means Perks and Add-Ons that no newbie has yet. Which I did not encounter prior to reset. And yeah, they were all Rank 17 or 16. And I encountered crap like that more than once last night, to the point that I just walked away and fired Overwatch up for the night.

So, yeah, cry me a river, pal. I am unable to play as a newbie and not be screwed by the system you Vets love to abuse.

• ScottJund

@Kilmeran said:

@ScottJund said:

@Kilmeran said:

@ScottJund said:

@Kilmeran said:

@AChaoticKiller said:

Being a new player with Vets who deranked to Rank 15 before the 13th, only to then reset to Rank 17 with the reset, and come into the grey ranks with us newbies, I am unable to play the game now.

Nothing like facing Survivor SWFs at Rank 20 Killer all in Bloody Clothes, which also means Perks and Add-Ons that no newbie has yet. Which I did not encounter prior to reset. And yeah, they were all Rank 17 or 16. And I encountered crap like that more than once last night, to the point that I just walked away and fired Overwatch up for the night.

So, yeah, cry me a river, pal. I am unable to play as a newbie and not be screwed by the system you Vets love to abuse.

First of all, I don't personally derank past where I'm reset to (Rank 10). In fact, just about every person I know that intentionally deranks goes nowhere near 15, because that's actually in the 15-20 zone of new players and is pretty nasty bullying.

If you have people deranking to 15-20, I agree, then they are #########. Rank reset is also usually a bad time for newer players as well, as people still get jumbled together even if they do not de-rank. Your games will get better in a few days.

• Kilmeran
    edited October 2018

Withdrawn.

Post edited by Kilmeran on
  • ChesterTheMolester
    ScottJund said:

@Kilmeran said:

@ScottJund said:

@Kilmeran said:

@ScottJund said:

@Kilmeran said:

@AChaoticKiller said:

First of all, I don't personally derank past where I'm reset to (Rank 10). In fact, just about every person I know that intentionally deranks goes nowhere near 15, because that's actually in the 15-20 zone of new players and is pretty nasty bullying.

If you have people deranking to 15-20, I agree, then they are #########. Rank reset is also usually a bad time for newer players as well, as people still get jumbled together even if they do not de-rank. Your games will get better in a few days.

You said that you derank for atleast a week AFTER the reset, even if i was generous enough to give you the benefit of the doubt that you dont intent to smurf then why should other players still have their time wasted with your deranking and inevitable stomps you dish out that take place when most people started to rank back up again? 

• ScottJund

@ChesterTheMolester said:
    ScottJund said:

@Kilmeran said:

@ScottJund said:

@Kilmeran said:

@ScottJund said:

@Kilmeran said:

@AChaoticKiller said:

You said that you derank for atleast a week AFTER the reset, even if i was generous enough to give you the benefit of the doubt that you dont intent to smurf then why should other players still have their time wasted with your deranking and inevitable stomps you dish out that take place when most people started to rank back up again? 

Because rank is so irrelevant I notice no difference in survivors between 1-10. Most of the time they're getting stomped either way, regardless of whatever rank anyone is. The only variable is whether or not I physically get to play.

• redsopine1
    redsopine1 Member Posts: 1,437

@scerckan said:
    so your "friend" is way too much of a scrub to compete against high rank players and decides to fck all the items, add ons and offerings of the survivors he crosses path with when hes lowering his rank by DCing? I say good job devs, keep on it

Survivors dont lose their items and addons when the killer DCs. Its actually the killer who loses all his loadout when survivors DC (at least he gets 2,5k BP for compensation lul)

Yer tell that to my purple mechanic toolboxes medkits with insta heals for emergency saves for others or me if I need to because and I am being serious here they couldn't catch somone or someone outplayed them with a clever hide (like I have footage of a doc dcing because he couldn't make me scream and catch me thanks to calm spirit and a spirit because they couldn't find anyone like they hit me chased me lost me I worked on a gen heard them coming hid in a locker while bleeding they just dc dispute the easy to find grab and that's just my latest two others gave dc at the very start because somone put in party streamers to be blunt the games bucked deal with it stop calling for reworks or nurfs devs take your tine to fix the game not every small detail people complain about
  • Kilmeran
    edited October 2018

Withdrawn

Post edited by Kilmeran on
  • ChesterTheMolester
    ScottJund said:

ScottJund said:

@Kilmeran said:

@ScottJund said:

@Kilmeran said:

@ScottJund said:

@Kilmeran said:

@AChaoticKiller said:

Because rank is so irrelevant I notice no difference in survivors between 1-10. Most of the time they're getting stomped either way, regardless of whatever rank anyone is. The only variable is whether or not I physically get to play.

Rank 1 is easy to achieve. That means there are plenty of people that will be instantly deranked to R10 along with you and climb right back up. I still dont see the reason of intentionally derank, never had an issue finding games after resets, not to mention an entire week. 
  • ScottJund

ScottJund said:

ScottJund said:

@Kilmeran said:

@ScottJund said:

@Kilmeran said:

@ScottJund said:

@Kilmeran said:

@AChaoticKiller said:

Being a new player with Vets who deranked to Rank 15 before the 13th, only to then reset to Rank 17 with the reset, and come into the grey ranks with us newbies, I am unable to play the game now. Nothing like facing Survivor SWFs at Rank 20 Killer all in Bloody Clothes, which also means Perks and Add-Ons that no newbie has yet. Which I did not encounter prior to reset. And yeah, they were all Rank 17 or 16. And I encountered crap like that more than once last night, to the point that I just walked away and fired Overwatch up for the night.

Rank 1 is easy to achieve. That means there are plenty of people that will be instantly deranked to R10 along with you and climb right back up. I still dont see the reason of intentionally derank, never had an issue finding games after resets, not to mention an entire week. 

Are you talking about Survivor or Killer? Because the past 3 Rank Resets I ranked up too fast and had to wait 10 minutes per game, which is ridiculous.

• Kilmeran
    edited October 2018

@ScottJund said: Are you talking about Survivor or Killer? Because the past 3 Rank Resets I ranked up too fast and had to wait 10 minutes per game, which is ridiculous.

Yeah, I was getting that about two weeks ago as a grey rank killer.

So much of it feels like it was designed by people still studying game design in college. First the above midway into the "season," and then the bullshit last night following rank reset.

So far, DBD has been the biggest advocate for me to just play anything but it.

• ChesterTheMolester
    Kilmeran said:

@ScottJund said: Are you talking about Survivor or Killer? Because the past 3 Rank Resets I ranked up too fast and had to wait 10 minutes per game, which is ridiculous.

So much of it feels like it was designed by people still studying game design in college. First the above midway into the "season," and then the bullshit last night following rank reset.

Yeah the Ranking is an absolute mess and at this point just a system asking to be abused.

Ranking up needs to be harder, rewards for playing at high ranks, punishment for smurfing and SWF should only consider the highest rank for matchmaking (Im sure the last change could be added quick if BHVR wanted to)
  • Kilmeran
    edited October 2018

Kilmeran said:

Yeah the Ranking is an absolute mess and at this point just a system asking to be abused.

Ranking up needs to be harder, rewards for playing at high ranks, punishment for smurfing and SWF should only consider the highest rank for matchmaking (Im sure the last change could be added quick if BHVR wanted to)

Yep. I fully agree with those changes.

I gave Blizzard some crap for the few match-making flaws they have in Overwatch and Heroes of the Storm, but after experiencing Behavior's work . . . well, I won't be criticizing Blizzard anymore.

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104
    edited October 2018
    @ScottJund dude I'm on Xbox and I'm already rank1 and I'm most I have to wait is 2m for a match, yes your an a-hole for deranking cause you just don't want to wait a few minutes so this causes trouble to low rank players since your a high rank player who is already way better than them. 
  • Lowbei
    Lowbei Member Posts: 2,637
    so your swf pals derank to crush low ranked killers because balanced games arent “fun” to you.

you can word it differently, write a huge thread about it, but nothing changes that fact.

well deserved ban. he will refrain from such dishonorable actions in the future or he will be permanently removed.
  • HP150
    HP150 Member Posts: 455
    edited October 2018

Too bad your friend wasn't a streamer. They might have rewarded him with a "Fog Whisperer" partnership for his disconnecting instead.

Post edited by HP150 on
  • HP150
    HP150 Member Posts: 455
    edited October 2018

@ScottJund said:
    I derank by disconnecting quite a bit at the start of each rank reset because if I don't I literally can't play the game by ranking up too fast as killer. It sucks that I have to do it but my options are risk getting banned or have no job.

Yeah, that's a load of horse #########.
    There are plenty of killers and survivors that stream exclusively in the red ranks. Some of them are bigger than you. If you have "no job" from playing killer at the top ranks then that has less to do with the queue times and more to do with the quality of entertainment you provide.

The queues occasionally become bugged, yes, but for the most part I'm waiting less than 5-10 minutes for a game at Rank 1 killer even at the dead-ends of the night/morning.

Fun Fact: League queues at the top ranks are about a thousand times worse than DBD queues even when the matchmaking is bugged, yet top ranked LoL streamers consistently have the most viewers. Could it be that the top streamers are capable of entertaining their viewers between queues and that the streamer's gameplay is good enough to make them want to stick around?

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,282
    edited October 2018

@Fibijean said:
    tl;dr: I understand why people get banned for intentionally disconnecting, but I think there should be a way for people to play casually, in an environment like that which you encounter at low ranks, so that they're not forced to dc in order to derank just so that they can play the game in an enjoyable, low-pressure atmosphere.

Realistically how do you expect this to happen? Sure I can see having a queue that ignores ranks entirely to speed up matchmaking but that's about it. There's no way to make the players more casual because they can queue into a mode regardless of intention.

Not bashing on your suggestion either it's a genuine question but I don't see a realistic approach to it without having made up rules on each side. Unless you literally mean ignoring rank in queue then sure.

Also props to your friend because now I know BHVR is banning people for DC's.

• NoxiousOnnyyxx
    NoxiousOnnyyxx Member Posts: 343

Why didn't he just walk away from the controller or farm a little...Like he had to of done quite a few disconnects to get that many complaints. Hopefully he learned his lesson and finds a better way.

• Global
    Global Member Posts: 770

Wow, Someone actually got banned.GG

• SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273
    edited October 2018
    @ScottJund It’s not that you rank up “too fast” it’s that Survivors rank up too slowly. They rank up slowly because they get bodied and suck balls at the game since a lot of their broken bullshit got fixed recently. Insta-blinds gone, Pallet Vaccum gone, BT getting nerfed so it’s not a brain dead “hook Rush for a freebie!”, and as of the most recent patch stupidly overpowered brain dead loops at buildings being blocked off. 

The problem isnt the ranking system, the problem is that spoiled Survivors who were so used to abusing the ######### out of broken game mechanics, perks, and items can’t rank up anymore. Plain and simple : They suck balls now they don’t have as much broken ######### to abuse. Meanwhile Killers who were USED to dealing with the broken ######### are on such an insane skill level it’s like shooting fish in a barrel because the Survivors suck balls so hardcore, and the Killers have honed their skills to the point of insanity. 

Its why Jendenise and other Survivors are deranking on purpose. They can’t win because they suck at the game. It’s why Killers like you and Tru3 can’t find games at higher rank. There just aren’t any Survivors cause they suck so bad at the game. They are trying to pull the same old bullshit they used to pull back when and get all pissy it doesn’t work anymore.

Dont blame the rank system, it’s just that Survivors suck balls. 
    Post edited by SovererignKing on
  • They should reset everyone's rank to 20 EVERY season. Ranking up is half the fun, giving you another goal. Then people wont just be stuck at 10 everytime it resets. Its not a perfect solution but its better than intentional deranks that screw over a team or useless bans.

• Kilmeran

@Jessie_ValorGaming said:
    They should reset everyone's rank to 20 EVERY season. Ranking up is half the fun, giving you another goal. Then people wont just be stuck at 10 everytime it resets. Its not a perfect solution but its better than intentional deranks that screw over a team or useless bans.

Yeah, let's just #########-over the new players even more with that suggestion.

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,512

Anyone else appreciating the fact that many will have to enjoy their spicy bans during the event? 

You would not believe how satisfying it is when dealing with really toxic reports right in the middle of an event/bloodhunt. Oh well, they gotta' learn somehow.

@thesuicidefox said:
    Don't they condone DC to derank? I know they let Fog streamers do it with no penalty. Maybe your friend got banned for other reasons.

Nope. Everyone's subject to the exact same rules. There's a certain threshold that'll automatically flag your account once you cross it (percentage of your total games played). Often times streamers play loads of games because they stream for long periods of time, so in the grand scheme of things, they don't end up crossing that threshold- it gets offset by all the games they didn't disconnect from.

In any case, we do not condone it at all.

• Abyssionknight
    Abyssionknight Member Posts: 69

If you want to depip you just disconnect at the very end. Right when you're getting death hooked, or right before you'd leave the map. Disconnecting at the start is incredibly toxic and ruins the game for everyone involved, and so I say that deserves a ban. Doing it at the end, especially if you do it in a fun way, doesn't result in you sandbagging your team or making the match too easy for the killer, so there's no reason anyone would report you for it.

If you know you're going to disconnect at the end of the match, it also means you don't have to take the match as seriously and can have a lot more fun practicing techniques, running unique builds, or even just practicing the fundamentals of the game. I'm not saying play like an idiot and feed yourself to the killer, just that you should have a little compassion and try to make your depip an experience that's useful and fun for you, as well as for everyone else involved.

• ScottJund

@HP150 said:

@ScottJund said:
    I derank by disconnecting quite a bit at the start of each rank reset because if I don't I literally can't play the game by ranking up too fast as killer. It sucks that I have to do it but my options are risk getting banned or have no job.

Yeah, that's a load of horse #########.
    There are plenty of killers and survivors that stream exclusively in the red ranks. Some of them are bigger than you. If you have "no job" from playing killer at the top ranks then that has less to do with the queue times and more to do with the quality of entertainment you provide.

The queues occasionally become bugged, yes, but for the most part I'm waiting less than 5-10 minutes for a game at Rank 1 killer even at the dead-ends of the night/morning.

Fun Fact: League queues at the top ranks are about a thousand times worse than DBD queues even when the matchmaking is bugged, yet top ranked LoL streamers consistently have the most viewers. Could it be that the top streamers are capable of entertaining their viewers between queues and that the streamer's gameplay is good enough to make them want to stick around?

Do you really think its okay that I'd have to wait longer than the match would take just sitting in the lobby? No, I'm good, I'll derank until later in the season where I don't have to do absolutely nothing for 10 minutes while my stream is bored out of their minds.

Also any killer main that rushes rank 1 immediately says they regret it and then they start playing survivor because again, they cannot actually play killer until a week or two passes. Not sure what you're talking about, but you're wrong.

• Laakeri
    Laakeri Member Posts: 835

I dc quite alot to keep my rank in check (both killer and survivor).

You really need to abuse the system to get banned from dc'ing.

• blaahval22
    blaahval22 Member Posts: 64

Just a silly question from a new player: What is the actual purpose of the rank-reset? If all players are re-ranked, isn't it simply the same people still playing each other, with the only difference being the rank number on their profile?

• rafiksom
    rafiksom Member Posts: 50

Casual mode in horror game what the hell.
    It is not competetive game like cs:go to make a casual mode.

• ScottJund

@Mrbombastic said:
    ScottJund said:

ScottJund said:

@Kilmeran said:

@ScottJund said:

@Kilmeran said:

@ScottJund said:

@Kilmeran said:

@AChaoticKiller said:

Being a new player with Vets who deranked to Rank 15 before the 13th, only to then reset to Rank 17 with the reset, and come into the grey ranks with us newbies, I am unable to play the game now. Nothing like facing Survivor SWFs at Rank 20 Killer all in Bloody Clothes, which also means Perks and Add-Ons that no newbie has yet. Which I did not encounter prior to reset. And yeah, they were all Rank 17 or 16. And I encountered crap like that more than once last night, to the point that I just walked away and fired Overwatch up for the night.

then just uninstall and your a terrible person and a terrible streamer

damn dude who ######### in your cereal

• Jendenise
    Jendenise Member Posts: 11
    edited October 2018

I think the answer is pretty simple... I don't dc half my games in a month's time. :| In a perfect world, I'd see more than the same couple people at red ranks, but that only happens during events. I would gladly stay up there if I had a variety of players to go against and to have on my team...but that unfortunately isn't the case, and it's boring to not have that variety. It isn't for "easy" games. I get easy games at rank 1. I found that players in red ranks are often worse than the ones in green ranks. There isn't much difference in skill. Yeah, I agree, all the best of the best should be at rank 1. But that isn't the case and it never has been the case (crab-walking survivors that loop the same window over and over, have no clue how to deal with chases and run away from pallets, killers that fall for every mind game and resort to bloodlusting and wasting a ton of time, or throwing games to tunnel one person, and people that do certain exploits that I won't mention here because I don't want to spread that information). There are God awful people skill-wise at rank 1. Very frequently, I find that I go against deranking killers in the purple ranks too, and I don't blame them for deranking to avoid those long queue times. As for people that say they have no issue, maybe that's just a regional thing, I'm not sure. I'll gladly have a civil talk with anyone here about it, because I can understand how the average person could think "this streamer disconnects frequently to avoid being at the best ranks, what a piece of #########." I could make a new account to avoid disconnecting and stuff but...that wouldn't solve the issue. I would start at rank 20 and have to go against people in the yellow and brown ranks, which I had never dipped down to on my main account, because I do believe those are the ranks that actually matter, and should be the brand new player's haven. I did make an alt account once. Had no perks, ran low rank killers around for like 3 hours. And I felt terrible for that. But then again, I also feel bad at rank 1 when I go against a LF that revs at every pallet and a nurse that doesn't know how to blink in place. I would seriously face the same player 10 times in a row...got very boring for my stream. So I start my nights in green ranks (sometimes purple ranks, roughly rank 8) and usually stop at rank 3-6 every day...so I'm up there anyway, and the quality in killers usually gets worse as the night goes on. I do stream very long hours too (sometimes 14 hours). So I'm not dcing half my games cuz I finish out way more games total. I just wanted to explain my side of it, and hope it answers some questions.

• shasta
    shasta Member Posts: 75

If you want to depip you just disconnect at the very end. Right when you're getting death hooked, or right before you'd leave the map. Disconnecting at the start is incredibly toxic and ruins the game for everyone involved, and so I say that deserves a ban. Doing it at the end, especially if you do it in a fun way, doesn't result in you sandbagging your team or making the match too easy for the killer, so there's no reason anyone would report you for it.

If you know you're going to disconnect at the end of the match, it also means you don't have to take the match as seriously and can have a lot more fun practicing techniques, running unique builds, or even just practicing the fundamentals of the game. I'm not saying play like an idiot and feed yourself to the killer, just that you should have a little compassion and try to make your depip an experience that's useful and fun for you, as well as for everyone else involved.

Dc in any situation is wrong 
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@shasta said:

So if one of my family members needs an ambulance, I should just keep playing?

• Jendenise

@shasta said:
    Abyssionknight said:

Not true. I had a game yesterday where someone's game crashed at the start of the match. Left the game at 5 gens and 3 people. One person didn't do anything to progress the game. They didn't try running or anything. So essentially it was a 2v1. I can completely understand people disconnecting in that scenario, especially if the killer just wants to farm too, and won't kill you.

• shasta
    @ScottJund It’s not that you rank up “too fast” it’s that Survivors rank up too slowly. They rank up slowly because they get bodied and suck balls at the game since a lot of their broken bullshit got fixed recently. Insta-blinds gone, Pallet Vaccum gone, BT getting nerfed so it’s not a brain dead “hook Rush for a freebie!”, and as of the most recent patch stupidly overpowered brain dead loops at buildings being blocked off. 

The problem isnt the ranking system, the problem is that spoiled Survivors who were so used to abusing the ######### out of broken game mechanics, perks, and items can’t rank up anymore. Plain and simple : They suck balls now they don’t have as much broken ######### to abuse. Meanwhile Killers who were USED to dealing with the broken ######### are on such an insane skill level it’s like shooting fish in a barrel because the Survivors suck balls so hardcore, and the Killers have honed their skills to the point of insanity. 

Its why Jendenise and other Survivors are deranking on purpose. They can’t win because they suck at the game. It’s why Killers like you and Tru3 can’t find games at higher rank. There just aren’t any Survivors cause they suck so bad at the game. They are trying to pull the same old bullshit they used to pull back when and get all pissy it doesn’t work anymore.

I’m at rank one and I don’t have the problems you say, I’ll guarantee if you face me You won’t say I suck balls at this and if survivors suck so bad why do killers need any buffs at all? I’ve saw you advocate for killer buffs but here you are acting like nothing is needed 
  • shasta
    Jendenise said:

@shasta said:
    Abyssionknight said:

Not true. I had a game yesterday where someone's game crashed at the start of the match. Left the game at 5 gens and 3 people. One person didn't do anything to progress the game. They didn't try running or anything. So essentially it was a 2v1. I can completely understand people disconnecting in that scenario, especially if the killer just wants to farm too, and won't kill you.

That’s when you take the free points and leave or you can get them to hook you and attempt to escape with no struggle 
  • shasta
    Orion said:

@shasta said:

Well no I didn’t mean like that lol I think you know what I meant 
  • Jendenise

@shasta said:
    SovererignKing said:

I’m at rank one and I don’t have the problems you say, I’ll guarantee if you face me You won’t say I suck balls at this and if survivors suck so bad why do killers need any buffs at all? I’ve saw you advocate for killer buffs but here you are acting like nothing is needed 

That actually legit confuses me too. I'm at red ranks regularly because I tend to end my streams around that range, and so many killers up there are straight up boosted. Like GOD awful. I find that more people ragequit up there, facecamp and throw games, etc. A lot of the survivors up there are immersed asf and have no clue what they're doing as soon as they're found. Hmm.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@Orion said:

@shasta said:

No but how often do we hear emergency excuses from those that're basically crying wolf in order to abuse the system? The rarity of these events will preclude you from ever getting over that threshold.

• shasta
    Jendenise said:

@shasta said:
    SovererignKing said:

That actually legit confuses me too. I'm at red ranks regularly because I tend to end my streams around that range, and so many killers up there are straight up boosted. Like GOD awful. I find that more people ragequit up there, facecamp and throw games, etc. A lot of the survivors up there are immersed asf and have no clue what they're doing as soon as they're found. Hmm.

That’s not every survivor @Jendenise and I’ll guarantee you wouldn’t say I suck or any of the people I play with, don’t you intentionally derank to stay away from those people? I’ve heard quite a number of people call you out for it here
  • Orion

@powerbats said:

@Orion said:

@shasta said:

No but how often do we hear emergency excuses from those that're basically crying wolf in order to abuse the system? The rarity of these events will preclude you from ever getting over that threshold.

I know. I was just pointing out how stating that it is always wrong to disconnect is absurd.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@Orion said:

@powerbats said:

@Orion said:

@shasta said:

I know. I was just pointing out how stating that it is always wrong to disconnect is absurd.

Oh I figured as much.

• shasta
    Orion said:

@powerbats said:

@Orion said:

@shasta said:

Ok? So you admit it’s a super rarity but still decide to be an #########? If you read what I was replying to you would realize what I was saying but you go through all these posts and find stupid ######### to disagree about even when people don’t mean it that way , it’s absurd that you would waste your time with that
  • shasta
    Lowbei said:
    so your swf pals derank to crush low ranked killers because balanced games arent “fun” to you.

you can word it differently, write a huge thread about it, but nothing changes that fact.

well deserved ban. he will refrain from such dishonorable actions in the future or he will be permanently removed.
    According to @SovererignKing every survivor sucks balls @Lowbei, even states it in the thread, so why are buffs needed?
  • Orion

@shasta said:
    Ok? So you admit it’s a super rarity but still decide to be an #########? If you read what I was replying to you would realize what I was saying but you go through all these posts and find stupid ######### to disagree about even when people don’t mean it that way , it’s absurd that you would waste your time with that

The specific situation is not significant. I simply used an example that no thinking person would disagree with for the sake of clarity. Since you didn't get it, I'll give you more relatable examples.

• I'm stuck in terrain, no way to get out. DCing is fine.
    • I can't interact with anything and nobody can interact with me. DCing is fine.
    • I'm playing against a hacker. DCing is fine.

That's off the top of my head.

• shasta
    Orion said:

@shasta said:

The specific situation is not significant. I simply used an example that no thinking person would disagree with for the sake of clarity. Since you didn't get it, I'll give you more relatable examples.

• I'm stuck in terrain, no way to get out. DCing is fine.
    • I can't interact with anything and nobody can interact with me. DCing is fine.
    • I'm playing against a hacker. DCing is fine.

That's off the top of my head.

Again I don’t think you get what I’m saying,  read what the hell ive been replying to above and you’ll realize why I say that, I understand the dc in those situations except the hacker because why lose 2 pips? Just let them kill you and move on , but people saying they dc because they start a man short or want to derank but wait until their second hook is ######### dumb and so are you if you advocate that, I think anyone with a brain cell gets what I’m saying , next time I’ll word it a slight bit different and write it with a crayon so @Orion understands
  • NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    No sympathy from me, DCing is a issue and everyone knows that. People that say "I'm doing it to derank" are just using that as a excuse most of the times. Additionally, why go to lower ranks to destroy survivors or killers that are less skilled than you? It makes you no better than the common Ochio wannabe in my opinion.
  • Elegant
    Elegant Member Posts: 443
    edited October 2018

Honestly people wouldn't even want to de rank if they reworked/gutted the nurse, nerfed Billy, and extended the games. The game becomes almost unplayable on both sides with how unfun it is at low ranks. Either super sweaty survivors extend loops for a long time and you lose off gens being done while you are chasing someone for a long time. Or, you play the of the top tier killers and become really oppressive for survivors to play against. The game is always really unbalanced for one side or the other. And it's incredibly frustrating and not fun to encounter this. I don't blame anyone for de ranking.

• DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642

@ScottJund said:

@Kilmeran said:

@AChaoticKiller said:

I just wish you would do it by afking instead of DCing.
    But then I understand that you cant afk on stream.....^^

I just go afk while watching tv series or sth like this, sometimes even playing other games in the meantime :lol:

This discussion has been closed.